PDA

View Full Version : Request for Tsukimime seeds

Slade xTekno
Sat, 02-07-2004, 01:22 PM
The batch download for S. Tsukihime currently says there a 0 seeds, but 3.999 copies are present. Do you still need a seed? Would a seed speed up the download?

sarf
Wed, 02-11-2004, 06:02 AM
That depends.
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>3.999 copies are present</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>This means that the all the chunks of the file exist (and enough of them spread out so that almost 4 copies of the file are distributed wholly).

A seeder could speed things up, if it had either a phat pipe (a goodly amount of bandwidth) or if it were in &quot;super-seeder mode&quot; and some chunks of the file were very rare. As there was 3.999 copies of the file present, however, I doubt that a seeder would be speed up the torrent to any significant degree (barring the phat pipe I mentioned earlier). Of course, the more bandwidth available to the torrent, the faster it will get spread around, and another seeder is always appreciated. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Sarf
---
The future ain&#39;t what it used to be.

hiroshi
Thu, 02-12-2004, 09:23 AM
A Seed would probably speed you up, as seeders can only seed if they have a completed version of the file. They are more likely to have the information which you require to complete your download than the other downloaders are.

However it&#39;s true that the seeder would need a large amount of bandwidth, unless there arn&#39;t really that many downloaders on the tracker. All downloaders generally end up depending on the seeder if someone seeds, and if there is only 1 seeder, to say 20 downloaders, then you can imagine the bandwidth needed to give decent speeds for all 20 of those people can&#39;t you? =P

But still, i think a seeder would speed it up, even if it is a mere 1KBps. At least that 1KBps is what you need in comparison to the 60KBps of information you could get, that you don&#39;t need. =P