PDA

View Full Version : Konoha Hunter-nins

Insomniac
Thu, 02-05-2004, 05:17 AM
Orochimaru's probably killed a fair few of them

i wonder, do they give up if their opponent is too strong?

Everon
Thu, 02-05-2004, 05:38 AM
There are probably Hunter Nins, after all the job for Hunter Nins is to track down ninjas who have gone missing and are wanted for crimes against the Hidden Village. Zabuza is hunted because he tried to assasinate his Kage in a Coup D'etat. Orochimaru we know is on some kind of "Deadly Ninjas Wanted" List, so he's probably faced a few ANBU before he left the fire country.

PSJ
Thu, 02-05-2004, 05:40 AM
orochimaru is in the bingo book with the akatsuki. all s-class criminals... everybody is too afraid of taking those guys down.. seeing as itachi takes orders fomr someone and orochimaru took orders form the same guy would mean that he is quite strong... why would orochimaru tkae orders from someone thats weaker than him?

Hatake Kakashi
Thu, 02-05-2004, 06:41 AM
I think that the ANBU just deal with the Konoha Missing-nins, I don't even think that Konoha has Hunter-nins. Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura didn't even know what one was (even though they were clueless about a lot of stuff).

As one person said, killing people wouldn't be the 3rd or 4ths style. He would just try to have them captured and brough back with ANBU.

I will believe their are Hunter-nins in Konoha when I see them.

Raven
Thu, 02-05-2004, 07:05 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hatake Kakashi @ Feb 5 2004, 05:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I don&#39;t even think that Konoha has Hunter-nins. Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura didn&#39;t even know what one was (even though they were clueless about a lot of stuff). </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
This could have just been a way for Kishimoto to explain to us what they were.

Maybe we haven&#39;t seen any yet because there really hasn&#39;t been any opportunity within the story for hunter-nins to make an appearance. Sure, there are missing nins, but maybe they&#39;re out there hunting right now and we just don&#39;t see them.

villin
Thu, 02-05-2004, 07:07 AM
There used to be Konoha hunter-nins but they were all killed when they went after Itachi. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Wren
Thu, 02-05-2004, 10:15 AM
watch eps 9 again---kakashi explains about it after seeing Haku with the mask---from my take on it Hunter Nins are just another name or a subdivision for the ANBU teams of a village.

Hatake Kakashi
Thu, 02-05-2004, 10:55 AM
I am starting to think that Hunter-nins are only a Hidden Mist Village thing. We haven&#39;t seen any in Konoha, plus they seem to send the ANBU out looking for people, something hunters are supposed to do.

I think that Mist Village had them, because they are more hardcore than Konoha. After all their Gennin test is/was killing people you knew your whole life. Until Zabuza that is...... They are just a more violent village and their tactics like body destroying, etc.. wouldn&#39;t fit Konoha.

Konoha seems to take precautions, so they don&#39;t have to kill people, like the Hyugga cursed seal.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 02-05-2004, 11:06 AM
Hunter Nins are a sub group inside the ANBU unit... elite ninjas who deal with the villiage insdie affiears and not with missions from customers.

Insomniac
Thu, 02-05-2004, 11:11 AM
we havent seen specific &#39;hunter-nins&#39; in kohona but the masks are just like ANBU ones so we can assume that its a sub group in the ANBU

_Sasuke_
Thu, 02-05-2004, 11:13 AM
I believe the hunter nins from Konoha are in ANBU or are ANBU themselves, well as you can see, Konoha was led by a kage who thought their inhabitants were his family, so killing eachother like in the mist village wouldnt work http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

itachi_
Thu, 02-05-2004, 11:16 AM
I think that ANBU Squads are like S.W.A.T, and within swat there are many groups, a assaassination group, bomb group etc... maybe we just have seen one group yet.

Mut
Thu, 02-05-2004, 11:28 AM
what? just cuz you haven&#39;t seen it, that doesn&#39;t mean it doesn&#39;t exist.

TeLeKiNeSiS
Thu, 02-05-2004, 11:48 AM
yeah i too agree on the subdivision idea...it would make sense. itachi_ i like your comparison to SWAT, it makes it easier to think about it

jing
Thu, 02-05-2004, 12:22 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hatake Kakashi &#064; Feb 5 2004, 05:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I think that the ANBU just deal with the Konoha Missing-nins, I don&#39;t even think that Konoha has Hunter-nins. Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura didn&#39;t even know what one was (even though they were clueless about a lot of stuff).

As one person said, killing people wouldn&#39;t be the 3rd or 4ths style. He would just try to have them captured and brough back with ANBU.

I will believe their are Hunter-nins in Konoha when I see them. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
sakura knew. If ANBU deals with missin-nins, wouldn&#39;t that make them hunter-nins aswell.

Edit: ALSO, if there are hunter-nins. why would we see them in konoha village? they would be outside hunting.

CluelessMorgan
Fri, 02-06-2004, 05:07 AM
You never know maybe that Anubu in the white cloak could part of a sub group. He did cut two sand nins in half at the same time yelling at them to get out of the way just before the 3rds fight. While most the time we see Anubu getting there trashed kicked or doing stupid things so.

PSJ
Fri, 02-06-2004, 05:08 AM
dude that guy is the anbu leader he gave the diffrent squads orders... you really need to be more observant.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-06-2004, 05:42 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya @ Feb 6 2004, 04:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> dude that guy is the anbu leader he gave the diffrent squads orders... you really need to be more observant. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
if the ANBU in white is the ANBU commander, that would make him Anko, like i was saying since i saw that episode..

and he didn&#39;t kill two sand nins, those were the the sound Four disguised like the kazakage&#39;s bodyguards, the two sand nins are long dead...

jing
Fri, 02-06-2004, 06:29 AM
It is explained in the anime that Hunter-nins are ninjas that hunts down missing-nins. Missing-nins are the people who betrayed the Leaf village and left. SO it is logical to say that hunter-nins would NOT stay in the leaf village because there is not missing-nins in the village, HENCE they are called missing-nins. Therefore, hunter-nins are outside the village hunting.

Edit: Just cuz we don&#39;t see them, doesn&#39;t mean they don&#39;t exist.

khaodessy
Fri, 02-06-2004, 06:35 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jing @ Feb 6 2004, 05:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> It is explained in the anime that Hunter-nins are ninjas that hunts down missing-nins. Missing-nins are the people who betrayed the Leaf village and left. SO it is logical to say that hunter-nins would NOT stay in the leaf village because there is not missing-nins in the village, HENCE they are called missing-nins. Therefore, hunter-nins are outside the village hunting. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
well said well said

Legendary Nin
Fri, 02-06-2004, 06:48 AM
It doesn&#39;t seem like they chase after Kabuto,Orochimaru,and Itachi.

jing
Fri, 02-06-2004, 08:36 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legendary Nin @ Feb 6 2004, 05:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> It doesn&#39;t seem like they chase after Kabuto,Orochimaru,and Itachi. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
if i was a hunter-nin, i&#39;d stay far away from them http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Hyuga Koji
Fri, 02-06-2004, 09:48 AM
I&#39;m sure they chase those guys, they just don&#39;t come back.

lasaire
Fri, 02-06-2004, 01:56 PM
Well, don&#39;t hunter-nins have an even more secret existance than ANBU? Anbu are shown to be used as guards an patrolling units during the Chuunin Tournament, but Hunter-nin are so specialized that they only go after Missing-nin. I&#39;d think that I wouldn&#39;t want my top people just wandering around the village where theres a chance that someone could figure out who they were.

Chi Chi
Sat, 02-07-2004, 05:49 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legendary Nin @ Feb 6 2004, 05:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> It doesn&#39;t seem like they chase after Kabuto,Orochimaru,and Itachi. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Well, that is probably because they didn&#39;t know that Kabuto was a missing nin until he fought Kakashi and he was on par with Kakashi, one of the strongest people in the leaf. They just don&#39;t have hunter nin that can compare to those three.

_Sasuke_
Sat, 02-07-2004, 11:52 AM
well that pretty much answers this thread

Raven
Sat, 02-07-2004, 11:55 AM
Yep, certainly does.

I&#39;ll leave it open for a little while as people seem to still be discussing it.

Hatake Kakashi
Sun, 02-29-2004, 06:29 AM
Alright, after hearing/seeing the 3rds speech animated, I am almost 100% positive their are no Hunter-Nins AKA Body Disposers in Konoha.

The 3rd loves his people as his family, their is no way he would order extermination squads after even the most evil people, he couldn&#39;t even bring himself to kill Orochimaru when he got him red handed, who is one of the evilest shinobi drawing breath.

People always talk about ANBU looking for people, so I think that he just sends those out to capture the missing-nins and bring them back. ANBU and Hunter-nins are not the same thing, and they are not a sub division of the ANBU either.

Sakura probably just knew about them from the academy lessons about foreign countries.

I believe the Hunter-nins are local to Mist Village and maybe Sand Village, since their dictators seem somewhat more harsh than the Hokage of Konoha.

Mut
Sun, 02-29-2004, 06:35 AM
good work detective.

i&#39;m rick james bitch&#33;

TeLeKiNeSiS
Sun, 02-29-2004, 11:24 AM
i believe that the ANBU is like a police force...and within that police force they have subdivisions...like say SWAT, or patrol...etc. so then in ANBU one subdiv. wouild be hunternin

TokehGecko
Mon, 03-01-2004, 04:54 AM
No, I don&#39;t think Konoha has Hunter-nins either.
If someone leaves the Village just like that, I think the Hokage simply selects a few of the ANBU to hunt them down. Basically they get the job of a Hunter-nin that way, but they&#39;re still ANBU.
So they probably don&#39;t have hunter-nins as ranks, but I think it&#39;s sort of like a mission. A hunt-mission or something of the like.
It does makes you wonder about Konoha... Perhaps it&#39;s just too peaceful and they trust their own villagers too easy.
Maybe Tsunade will make Hunter-nin teams, since Sarutobi was too careless.. I bet Itachi could leave Konoha with ease.. as did Sasuke... are there more known missing-nins from Leaf Village?

Mut
Mon, 03-01-2004, 05:33 AM
sasuke would&#39;ve never been able to leave konoha if the story followed the exact rules. he had to leave for the story to progress into anything, anywhere.

Assertn
Mon, 03-01-2004, 06:51 AM
didnt kakashi say something once about if he was to die, then anbu from konoha would have to come and dispose of his body to conceal any sharingan secrets? i guess they wouldnt technically be hunter-nins...but their overall purpose of preventing their villages jutsus from being stolen is still the same

TeLeKiNeSiS
Mon, 03-01-2004, 10:39 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dazzz @ Mar 1 2004, 04:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> sasuke would&#39;ve never been able to leave konoha if the story followed the exact rules. he had to leave for the story to progress into anything, anywhere. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
why&#39;s that?

villin
Mon, 03-01-2004, 10:41 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TeLeKiNeSiS @ Mar 1 2004, 11:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dazzz &#064; Mar 1 2004, 04:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> sasuke would&#39;ve never been able to leave konoha if the story followed the exact rules. he had to leave for the story to progress into anything, anywhere. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
why&#39;s that? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Don&#39;t mind him. He&#39;s a major Sasgay fanboy.