PDA

View Full Version : What IS it with groups and open scripts?!

Anime_Fire
Wed, 02-04-2004, 12:14 PM
Seriously, can some of you digisubbers give me a really good reason why they NEVER share scripts?

I bought the ROD DVD's, (TV) and I want to reburn them with english subtitles, so I can watch them (removable) on my DVD player, and without credits and 'fancy effects' clouding the opening, and with the fonts and colors I want.

But apparently, if you share, some other group might alter it and subtitle it. Every single script I've done in my fansubbing days I've uploaded to free archives such as scriptclub.org, and I plan to keep doing that.

Someone else might translate it to a different language... and then oh my god.... not translate it well?! Oh no, I'm sure the ORIGINAL translator will be blamed! I've been ripping the scrips for what I need with that popular new program, and I'm still getting all the timings and exact text, the only problem is that I have to type every...single....line in. As soon as I do, I plan to upload it for others... so it the annoying steel-lock preventing the sharing? Not really...

If they don't want their effect revealed, can't they remove them? Can't they dumb-down the script by doing a quick delete of the effect line? It's just that (for example) over 12 groups did Narue no Sekai, and they still feel the need to lock up their scripts in fear of a 13th group starting up? Seriously... It seems like more good can come out of it then bad... and if by chance another group DID steal them and made their own... how popular would they be? Your release would already be out, long downloaded, and they'll be known for stealing it. I don't think any less 'fans' will flock to yours then if you kept it private.

Even waaaay after its over, long released... it's still private. No one will redownload another groups, for the other is already out. Your group is farther, and people want consitency.... I can't see why it's such a big deal.

Ooooh... it feels good to finally get that off my chest.