PDA

View Full Version : jounins and chuunins

TeLeKiNeSiS
Wed, 02-04-2004, 11:11 AM
after watching episode 68 and seeing all those new (and cool-looking) ninjas, i was wondering...how the heck can you tell the difference between a jounin and chuunin by the way they look? i can see that chuunins have the vest as compared to genins..but yeah...just wondering

kimunist
Wed, 02-04-2004, 11:23 AM
a crude (but oddly funny) way to tell whos the jounins and whos the chuunins are the ones you see dying are the chuuninss http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/huh.gif

so far...

and, most of the chuunins are the ones you see defending the city in mass #s (the ones stopping the snakes, or trying to...)

i think the only jounins we need to watch out for are kakashi, gai, asuma, etc.

Assassin
Wed, 02-04-2004, 11:37 AM
u can't relly tell them apart....not like they grow an extra head or something when they become chuuins......eitehr were told who the jounins are, or we guess by thier ability (although that takes more then just few brief scenes)

basically anyone doing incredibly insane and unbelievably powerful jutsu's (that actually work, and don't result in the user dying) are most likely jounin (ie: those 4 sound nins that made the purple wall)

TeLeKiNeSiS
Wed, 02-04-2004, 11:42 AM
well i mean..like for example..a student and genin...genin has forehead protector...genin and chuunin...vest...so yeah..there must be something..right? err. im confused... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Vagabond
Wed, 02-04-2004, 12:13 PM
All the Anbu are jounins and the remainder of the jounins have some sort of specialty or they genin team leaders. I don't really think there are any physical difference. I would think that Anbu are right above chunnins and people like Kakashi and Gai who have already been Anbu are the genin squad leaders.

jing
Wed, 02-04-2004, 12:17 PM
you can't tell the difference between a chunnin and a jounin until you fight them.

Hatake Kakashi
Wed, 02-04-2004, 12:22 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VagabondLBD @ Feb 4 2004, 11:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> All the Anbu are jounins and the remainder of the jounins have some sort of specialty or they genin team leaders. I don&#39;t really think there are any physical difference. I would think that Anbu are right above chunnins and people like Kakashi and Gai who have already been Anbu are the genin squad leaders. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Not necesarilly....

The ANBU are most likely a mix of Chuunin and Jounin&#39;s. They are highly overrated in the manga and anime, but somehow in episode 68 they did make them look cool.

They are the village&#39;s Police Force of sorts. They don&#39;t go out on the for hire missions that that 4 man teams do. They just protect the village and gather intellgence.

They are like the FBI of Konoha.

Also, their is no facts stated anywhere that to be a Jounin you have to be in the ANBU.

villin
Wed, 02-04-2004, 12:28 PM
Its easy to tell chuunins and jounins apart. To be a jounin you have to have some kind of major character flaw. For example:

Kakashi -&gt; pervert
Asuma -&gt; drug addict
Kurenai -&gt; slut
Gai -&gt; fag
etc.... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

villin
Thu, 02-05-2004, 02:59 AM
Sennin isn&#39;t a rank. Jiraiya is technically a jounin by rank if he is still considered a shinobi of the leaf, if not he has no rank.

rEkKaShInObI
Thu, 02-05-2004, 03:01 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin @ Feb 5 2004, 01:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Sennin isn&#39;t a rank. Jiraiya is technically a jounin by rank if he is still considered a shinobi of the leaf, if not he has no rank. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I think sennin is a rank dude, senins are hokage candidates.

Hatake Kakashi
Thu, 02-05-2004, 03:09 AM
Sennin means hermit. Jiraiya is the Toad Sennin, the Toad Hermit.

Orochimaru, Jiraiya, and Tsunade are Sannin&#39;s, which means 3 Ninja&#39;s.

Sannin isn&#39;t a rank, it is just what the villagers of Konoha call the trio.

I can also tell you another fact that makes them special, but am not sure if it was revealed yet in the anime or not, and I don&#39;t want you kids crying on me.

Kage is the highest rank you can get. Below that is Jounin.

I think you guys knew that, if not I am sorry, but I think everyone knows that.

villin
Thu, 02-05-2004, 03:13 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hatake Kakashi @ Feb 5 2004, 04:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Sennin means hermit. Jiraiya is the Toad Sennin, the Toad Hermit.

Orochimaru, Jiraiya, and Tsunade are Sannin&#39;s, which means 3 Ninja&#39;s.

Sannin isn&#39;t a rank, it is just what the villagers of Konoha call the trio.

I can also tell you another fact that makes them special, but am not sure if it was revealed yet in the anime or not, and I don&#39;t want you kids crying on me.

Kage is the highest rank you can get. Below that is Jounin.

I think you guys knew that, if not I am sorry, but I think everyone knows that. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Exactly.

Assertn
Thu, 02-05-2004, 03:41 AM
I wish they would do more with other genins, actually.....
It almost seems as if all the genins besides naruto&#39;s classmates dissappear from existence when they aren&#39;t in the chuunin exam.

DDBen
Thu, 02-05-2004, 04:03 AM
All the things I am about to state have been stated in the Anime.

A senin is a Hermit as stated its a ninja which has left his orignal village and no longer works for them basically a rogue who does things on there own. The Legendary Senin&#39;s are a group of 3 people that trained under the 3rd hokage 2 of which we have directly meet and the 3rd mentioned by Tenten in what she wasted to be when she grew up.

a Jounin is a elite ninja to be a ANBU member you MUST be a Jounin no exceptions. Pretty much anyone who dies is unranked the gate guards could as easily be Genin&#39;s who never advanced as they could be Chunins or jounin&#39;s. I get the idea each outpost as shown by the guy who ran the first exam. Has 1 Jounin in charge who gives the orders. While there are several Chuunins stationed all around the city.

Excuse any mispellings or typo&#39;s as I don&#39;t care to fix them.

PSJ
Thu, 02-05-2004, 05:22 AM
chuunins and jounins are supposed to have diffrent vests maybe they are too lazy to fix this in the anime.. thats how you tell them apart. i am really sorry if this is considered a spoiler i do not think so since i cant answer his qeustion with a lie..

Everon
Thu, 02-05-2004, 05:34 AM
Hope this clears it up:
Chunnins = The ones who are dying
Jounin = The ones who aren&#39;t

Then there are the ANBU, ANBU Leaders, Super Elite Jounins, 3 Sanins, the Missing Nins, and then those guys with robes who everyone calls, &quot;Kage&quot; -- I don&#39;t know too much about the last ones since they don&#39;t seem to do much.

PSJ
Thu, 02-05-2004, 06:31 AM
well super elite jounin isnt a title you can get. altho the eaxminers are called elite jounins by their comrades and stuff but there is no such rank and ANBU consists of the strongest ninjas in the village, only when they are young tho then they leave. thats how they were explained anyway. i hope you joked about that Kage part....

TeLeKiNeSiS
Thu, 02-05-2004, 10:58 AM
yeah...and it also seems that all those who arent main characters die REALLY REALLY easily..

itachi_
Thu, 02-05-2004, 10:59 AM
Jounin&#39;s are stronger then chuunin, to be a chuunin you got to be good, to be a jounin you got to be elite.

Everon
Thu, 02-05-2004, 11:32 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya @ Feb 5 2004, 02:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> well super elite jounin isnt a title you can get. altho the eaxminers are called elite jounins by their comrades and stuff but there is no such rank and ANBU consists of the strongest ninjas in the village, only when they are young tho then they leave. thats how they were explained anyway. i hope you joked about that Kage part.... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Well you never know, they might add Super Duper Elite Jounins or even ANBU elite.

Naruto hasn&#39;t solidified many lines yet, especially what seperates a Jounin from a Chunin except for the fact that Chunins are the only ones that drop like flies. We don&#39;t see a Genin die because they&#39;re too busy doing grunt work.

Kages, they&#39;re those dudes with the nifty hats right? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

Hatake Kakashi
Thu, 02-05-2004, 11:38 AM
Kage

Jounin

Chuunin

Gennin

Cadet

That is the hierarchy of Konoha Village. ANBU can most likely be either Chuunin or Jounin. Sannin are Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru. They are only called this because they have achieved legendary status. Sannin is not a title.

Its not complicated. Their are not uber Jounins, or whatever the hell you said. If you still don&#39;t get it...you have been watching the anime for too long.

Assassin
Thu, 02-05-2004, 01:44 PM
lol...well jiraya&#39;s a perv and he&#39;s a senin.......omg&#33; kakashi will b the next senin&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

anyway, if u want some tangible difference (does that make sense?), it seems all he chuunins wear that ninja uniform, here as almost all jounins have thier own unique clothes.......gai has that green thing, kurnie has that dress, kakashi has the mask, hizashi has his robe, asuma has.....um, something......his ciggerate i guess.

astronut
Fri, 02-06-2004, 03:07 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya @ Feb 5 2004, 05:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> and ANBU consists of the strongest ninjas in the village, </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
if ANBU consistes of the strongest ninjas, then why the hell did the guy run into the purple forcefield? haha he burned up bad lol http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/p42d91f70e0a1213b09ee205904f7c9ca/f9d98248.jpg

DB_Hunter
Fri, 02-06-2004, 03:41 AM
I&#39;m pretty sure it is said in the anime somewhere along the way that ANBU are Jounins.

spectre270
Fri, 02-06-2004, 11:24 AM
[COLOR=blue]The clothes iso one way another way is that the jounins are the guys trying to look really cool when something happens. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

Kn1ves
Fri, 02-06-2004, 12:32 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
if ANBU consistes of the strongest ninjas, then why the hell did the guy run into the purple forcefield? haha he burned up bad lol </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

remember that mask he was wearing? musta blocked his vision http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Hatake Kakashi
Fri, 02-06-2004, 12:44 PM
nah, the ANBU are not that great. They just made them look kind of useful in Episode 68. In reality they are like the guys with Red Shirts on the original Star Trek. They are cannon fodder and they know it.

Xollence
Fri, 02-06-2004, 01:35 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Assassin @ Feb 5 2004, 12:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> lol...well jiraya&#39;s a perv and he&#39;s a senin.......omg&#33; kakashi will b the next senin&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

anyway, if u want some tangible difference (does that make sense?), it seems all he chuunins wear that ninja uniform, here as almost all jounins have thier own unique clothes.......gai has that green thing, kurnie has that dress, kakashi has the mask, hizashi has his robe, asuma has.....um, something......his ciggerate i guess. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I don&#39;t think so, many of the ninjas guarding the walls had unique features.

Assassin
Sat, 02-07-2004, 01:38 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xollence @ Feb 6 2004, 12:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I don&#39;t think so, many of the ninjas guarding the walls had unique features. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
no features, i said clothes.

anyway, im almost 100% sure that ANBU are jounins...like DB_Hunter said, i htink its been mentioned in the anime.

they&#39;ve said that chuunins are squad leaders......but the anbu aren&#39;t squad leaders (atleast not normal shinobi squads) they&#39;re assassins. (yaa me = ANBU http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif ). i believe it was mentioned that they get the super secret missions, like assasinations of major figures....ie: kage&#39;s, feudal lords, etc.

if the anbu were just ur everyday chuunins, then y would they make the distinction? the only reason they would have somehting called &quot;ANBU&quot; is if they did something normal chuunins didn&#39;t and couldn&#39;t do.