PDA

View Full Version : Team Changes

Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 02-03-2004, 06:37 AM
Alright, after this Sasuke Pursuit arc is all over and done with, right now it seems like their might be some changes made to some teams.

Here is what I got -

Gai's Team

Neji - Possibly dead, but they didn't show his Cursed Seal fade, so he is most likely still alive.

Rock Lee - Out of commision, but he is going under surgery with a 50% chance of survival.

Kakashi's Team

Sasuke - Is either going with Orochimaru or will be brought back to Konoha, where he would probably get in trouble. He might even go missing-nin for all we know.

Asuma's Team

Chouji - Possibly dead. He used up a lot of chakra. I think he might have had just enough left though to henge into a butterfly, but for now their is a good chance he is dead.

Ok, so besides Kurenai's team (so far, since Kiba still has to fight) we have a possiblity of some changes occuring.

What do you think would be best?

I hope if Sasuke leaves this is what we see for Team 7

Kakashi
Naruto
Sakura
Shikamaru

I think that Shika has too close of a relationship with Asuma though, so that might not happen.

villin
Tue, 02-03-2004, 06:41 AM
Shika is now a chuunin so he won't be apart of a genin team.

If Sasgay is out of the loop at the end of this arc logically Ino would be put in team 7 with Sakura and Naruto since Shika advanced to chuunin and Choji is dead.

Most likely however they will just abandon the team structure as Naruto will probably become Jiraiya's protege.

Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 02-03-2004, 06:44 AM
not necessarily. He could be second in command on the team or something like that. They never come out and say that once you become a Chuunin you have to leave your team.

villin
Tue, 02-03-2004, 06:47 AM
That's true but chuunins are supposed to be team leaders. While Asuma is there Shika would have no authority. He would probably be grouped with other chuunins or join the ANBU or hunter-nin.

Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 02-03-2004, 06:50 AM
If he is out of the picture then too..would that leave for even numbers anywhere?

Gai -

Neji
Lee
Temari

Kakashi -

Naruto
Sakura
Ino

Kurenai -

Kiba
Shino
Hinata

With one team getting phased out since Chouji is probably dead, Sasuke is gone, and Shikamaru got promoted.

jing
Tue, 02-03-2004, 07:51 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>not necessarily. He could be second in command on the team or something like that. They never come out and say that once you become a Chuunin you have to leave your team. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

when you are chunnin you leave your team.
this is why : when you take the chunnin exam, its only for gennins. and you can&#39;t have 1 chunnin, and 2 gennins. because requirements are a team of 3. there would be no point in taking the chunnin exam again if you are already a chunnin. hokage knows its a waste of spot. and it wouldn&#39;t be fair for a team to have a chunnin. though they did not announce it, u have to think logically.

Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 02-03-2004, 08:00 AM
I still don&#39;t think they would pull a team apart only because one person became a Chuunin. They would just stay in the squad. More than likely it would balance out so that the remaining Gennin could pair up with Gennin from another team to take the Chuunin Exam again.

Just because Shikamaru became a Chuunin, doesn&#39;t mean he is going to leave his team behind. Without him they have nothing and it would throw off all of their cohesiveness.

Kishimoto hasn&#39;t been specific on this stuff anyway, so no one can truly say what a Chuunins duties are. They seem to be everything, so its no big deal for Shikamaru to stay on his team and gain more experience.

He would probably be given a choice, and knowing him he would probably just stay with his team. He would still get field experience, but probably on the side he would get the opportunity to lead missions as well, like he is doing now.

Mut
Tue, 02-03-2004, 08:03 AM
no one is dead an no one is getting replaced.

villin
Tue, 02-03-2004, 08:08 AM
Choji had better be dead. It would cheapen the whole consequences thing of taking the pills. If you could just get all hopped up on pills to become super strong what would be the point of training and learning jutsus.

khaodessy
Tue, 02-03-2004, 08:10 AM
i think there maybe team changes also. its like a promotion of any kind your not going to stay with the same people if your promotion is to a different department. shikamara is a chuunin now so his missions will be on a class C and B in rank. i also think that once your at a chuunin rank teams are made up from the missions that they would be assigned. a good example would be when shikamara asked the forth that he wanted a team of only chuunin and juunins. so teams of genin reforming later would be likely since they worked together b4.

_Sasuke_
Tue, 02-03-2004, 08:11 AM
I agree on the last post made

jing
Tue, 02-03-2004, 08:17 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I still don&#39;t think they would pull a team apart only because one person became a Chuunin. They would just stay in the squad. More than likely it would balance out so that the remaining Gennin could pair up with Gennin from another team to take the Chuunin Exam again.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

doesn&#39;t work like that, you want 2 gennins to work with another gennin that they had never worked before? theres absolutely no teamwork. however, if teams taken apart and resembling it, or add 1 gennin, and start training again would be a better choice.cuz then u&#39;d have more team work and understanding of each other.

hiten mitsurugi
Tue, 02-03-2004, 08:36 AM
I don&#39;t really care as long as Naruto is paired with Hinata.

AlbinoFury
Tue, 02-03-2004, 08:40 AM
dam straight neji is still alive.

Uchiha Sasuke
Tue, 02-03-2004, 08:43 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hatake Kakashi @ Feb 3 2004, 05:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> If he is out of the picture then too..would that leave for even numbers anywhere?

Gai -

Neji
Lee
Temari

Kakashi -

Naruto
Sakura
Ino

Kurenai -

Kiba
Shino
Hinata

With one team getting phased out since Chouji is probably dead, Sasuke is gone, and Shikamaru got promoted. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
err..Temari? i dun think so http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 02-03-2004, 08:46 AM
I meant Tenten

The useless one.

I don&#39;t think we will have to worry about the Chuunin Exam again either. Most likely he will do a time jump that takes care of that. Lets face it, another Chuunin Exam would be boring, even if it was in another country.

Uchiha Sasuke
Tue, 02-03-2004, 08:48 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hatake Kakashi @ Feb 3 2004, 07:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I meant Tenten

The useless one.

I don&#39;t think we will have to worry about the Chuunin Exam again either. Most likely he will do a time jump that takes care of that. Lets face it, another Chuunin Exam would be boring, even if it was in another country. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
maybe its not the same Chuunin Exam. ^^

Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 02-03-2004, 08:53 AM
I dunno...if all of the Gennin come back from this mission alive, they might just get promoted to Chuunin on the spot. I am sure if the 5th wanted them to be, then they would be. This is an A Rank mission for sure, Naruto&#39;s 3rd successful one in a row perhaps.

khaodessy
Tue, 02-03-2004, 08:59 AM
ya i do think they should get promoted because this is a mission that shouldnt of went to genins in the first place. thats one reason why i think the 5th wanted naruto on the team because if oro sent some strong nins then naruto could be the deciding factor. i wonder why shikamara didnt take more genins with him since he could of taken as many as he saw fit.

Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 02-03-2004, 09:21 AM
He only had a small amount of time to get people.

He lucked out though since they found Kiba walking Akamaru. It seemed like he had Neji, Naruto, and Chouji in mind from the start. Plus Shino, but he is out with his dad on a mission (something I find kind of weird. I thought Gennin only went on missions with their teams)

Plus I think Kishimoto intended 5 on 5 from the start.

Arctyc
Wed, 02-04-2004, 06:29 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Choji had better be dead. It would cheapen the whole consequences thing of taking the pills. If you could just get all hopped up on pills to become super strong what would be the point of training and learning jutsus.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Much like opening up the Gates, the special foods of the Akamichi clan amplify power, and in doing so, completely mess up your body. What it would take to save Chouji is someone who can fix his body, at least enough so that it doesn&#39;t give out on him. The only ones that can do that are the talented medical-nin, of which there is one that now knows about the Sound Four... and even then, permanent damage seems unavoidable.

Chouji is probably dead. But there is a slight chance that Kishimoto wants to throw another curveball. Same goes for Neji; who knows.

snowball
Wed, 02-04-2004, 07:04 AM
i hope that if they do another chunnin exam it will be just a overview, untell the final fights

Mattousai
Wed, 02-04-2004, 08:16 AM
Sakura will heal Chouji once she learns the medical jutsu http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

Hotsuma
Wed, 02-04-2004, 08:48 AM
Damn you, Kakashi&#33; How can you say that Tenten is useless&#33;&#33; She&#39;s the hottest Genin, bar none&#33;&#33;&#33;

snowball
Wed, 02-04-2004, 09:10 AM
all the genin are a lil young for my taste last name aint jackson

Hotsuma
Wed, 02-04-2004, 09:42 AM
You know the old Micheal Jackson sayin&#33;

&quot;If they&#39;re old enough to pee,they&#39;re old enough for me&#33;&quot;

villin
Wed, 02-04-2004, 09:46 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hotsuma @ Feb 4 2004, 10:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> You know the old Micheal Jackson sayin&#33;

&quot;If they&#39;re old enough to pee,they&#39;re old enough for me&#33;&quot; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
That&#39;s twice today you have creeped the hell out of me. First when I found out your a guy despite your girly avatar and sig and now this frightening look at another aspect of your personality. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Hotsuma
Wed, 02-04-2004, 09:49 AM
Osaka is the shit, dude. She&#39;s my idol, because she can be lazy with style. I wish I were like her.

_Sasuke_
Wed, 02-04-2004, 10:31 AM
tenten is not that useless right? well if they had more gennins along then it wouldnt be as good it is now, in other words the sounds would then be a lill outnumbered and overpowered if you bring like 15 gennins http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Arctyc
Wed, 02-04-2004, 11:59 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hotsuma @ Feb 4 2004, 08:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Osaka is the shit, dude. She&#39;s my idol, because she can be lazy with style. I wish I were like her. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
You wish you sleepwalked with knives? o.O

Hatake Kakashi
Wed, 02-04-2004, 12:27 PM
Damn, you guys know how to derail a thread...

Trying to salvage it..

Who is most likely to be the Konoha Corps, Jounin sensei?

villin
Wed, 02-04-2004, 12:29 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hatake Kakashi @ Feb 5 2004, 01:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Who is most likely to be the Konoha Corps, Jounin sensei? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Gemma

Raven
Thu, 02-05-2004, 02:24 AM
That&#39;s if they stay together when they become gennin, which they probably will through amazing co-incidence - similar to how Shika, Ino and Chouji were together after their fathers were, even though it&#39;s supposed to be about balancing strong people with weak people.

Mgslee
Thu, 02-05-2004, 03:43 AM
I think there are 2 types of Genins
Rookie types and non Rookie

Generally speaking the Rookie ones will be placed in to teams and have a Jounin instructor.

The non-rookie teams would be like chuunins except require a chuunin leader to do missions (and gain experience with out major risk of death). non-rookies would just form teams as needed or required by whom ever.

I really think there should be more &quot;ranks&quot; in naruto... I also think ANBU is a training ground for Jounin Canadiates.

I also doubt Choji died because rarely do characters under the age of 16 - 18 ever truely die.

I just thought of something, what if Neji was placed in a near death state and his seal vanished at the end of a chapter (so we all think hes dead) and he gets revived by someone, thus he becoming free from his curse.... that would be neat.

PSJ
Thu, 02-05-2004, 05:37 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin @ Feb 4 2004, 01:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Choji had better be dead. It would cheapen the whole consequences thing of taking the pills. If you could just get all hopped up on pills to become super strong what would be the point of training and learning jutsus. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
there will probably be something like a thinner man would have died.... or something like that. that would fit in then you got the possiblity of dieing and we can keep the awesome chouji with his fat stomach, the stomach that ptoected him from death http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif.

if all the possible detahs were to happen and sasuke leaving then its no point for kakashi to be a sensei anymore... naruto could go to jiraiya and sakura could get training from shizune since shizune doesnt do anything at all. kakshi is a lame sensei he knows stuff to teach sasuke and how to steal jutsus with your eyes nothing more.... kakashi is overrated even tho he is quite strong. he have nothing to teach naruto since he sees naruto as a bum.. and sakura well he thinks she only thinks of love... what the point fro him being a sensei.....

Insomniac
Thu, 02-05-2004, 05:44 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I think he might have had just enough left though to henge into a butterfly, </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

hope you wernt serious lol

the butterfly is meant to represent Cho in the card game in which Choujis name comes from, same as Ino is pig and Shika is deer

the fact that there was a butterfly just meant &#39;Chouji&#39;

Iznogoud
Thu, 02-05-2004, 08:57 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (snowball @ Feb 4 2004, 06:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> i hope that if they do another chunnin exam it will be just a overview, untell the final fights </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
yeah like the big tournaments in dragon ball
They just show them knock out their opponents then they all get to the finals and we see the full matches&#33;

MemnochTheCaT
Thu, 02-05-2004, 10:08 AM
I don&#39;t think Kishimoto will keep Chouji alive, he did too good a job in presenting his death in a very intense, poignant way. He sacrificed everything for his team and village, knowing the consequences beforehand. It was completed by the flashbacks to his early years finding friendship.

To bring him back would cheapen the emotional tempo of the series considerably. Saving one character (Neji) will be a good probability, but I think Chouji will be down for the rest of time.

villin
Thu, 02-05-2004, 10:16 AM
Totally agree.

Hatake Kakashi
Thu, 02-05-2004, 10:24 AM
thats true. He has kind of wussed out big time since the Wave Country arc. This was the first storyline progression that had any kind of depth like that.