PDA

View Full Version : A great disturbance...

joker-kun
Tue, 02-03-2004, 04:37 AM
Im not really complaining, but it is rather disturbing, how in the most recent posted topic, it can spoil at times, so i would suggest that for Naruto Manga doesnt have this, since I have had 2 things spoiled for me from topics names, or at least these topic makers should put something thats a non-spoiler in the main topic and then in the secondary topic thingy put the explanation, now this doesnt annoy me that much, but it is rather disturbing.

Same as I suggest this to the people not the mod/admins.

when you make a spoiler topic in GA about any anime please put a spoiler notice in the main topic and not the secondary b/c of this I found out that *<span style='color:#D6DBE0'>kenshin</span>* dies.

Kumiriko
Tue, 02-03-2004, 04:44 AM
Besides the fact that We found that out without warning people are talking about Some Serise in Grate Detale without haveing any Relavince to the Topic or a vary lose Connection then the thread switches over to the New Topic, I am sure this has Grabbed the attention of at lest some of the Mods.

joker-kun
Tue, 02-03-2004, 04:49 AM
BTW: this is mainly towards the topic *<span style='color:#D6DBE0'>Oro&#39;s New Body</span>*

PSJ
Tue, 02-03-2004, 06:02 AM
oh that topic yea that might be distrurbing to some ppl, but the spoiler you wrote in your first post can you explain that in a pm? didnt know about that one http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif seen the whole show to.

jing
Tue, 02-03-2004, 06:50 AM
man sory u had to see some noob mess up.
well to assure you that your chances of looking at title spoilers will lessen, i will for sure never do it.
ill fix up some nubs if i can.

JessiA
Tue, 02-03-2004, 11:48 AM
It&#39;s past my bedtime now.. I&#39;m just finishing up &quot;patrolling&quot; the forums.. If it&#39;s not done by the time I get some free time tomorrow, I&#39;ll get on it.

DDBen
Thu, 02-05-2004, 06:56 AM
The only real rules for spoilers around here refer to unreleased episodes of Current Anime. I can understand how a topic could upset some people and in certain area&#39;s its more strictly checked then others. The above mentioned spoiler is litterally YEARS old so I would not bother modifying such a post personally. In any general discussion thread spoilers are to be expected as the people assume you have seen the show. also the same topic followed by a question mark could be considered a spoiler because its true but the person might be simply asking a question as they want to confirm what they have heard.

JessiA
Thu, 02-05-2004, 11:22 AM
Ben.

The topic was not YEARS old. I changed the title myself after I saw it in the &quot;Last Topic Posted In:&quot; area of the first page, saw this thread, and got a reported complaint about it.

There is a general rule to not post spoilers in the topic, but rather to have the topic announce that the following topic has spoilers within it, though it may only be in the Naruto anime section, and was not ported to the manga section. If that&#39;s so, then I&#39;ll change that myself.

<span style='color:purple'>Edit: I was wrong. I thought there was mention of spoilers in the topic in either the General Anime or Naruto sections, and there weren&#39;t. Sorry.</span>

Besides, it&#39;s not fair to those who do not want to spoiled who go into a section, or go into the front page, and see &quot;BAM&#33; SPOILER IN YOUR FACE&#33;&quot; as you&#39;re looking through the topic titles.

I agree, though, that people who know more than others can be hindered by this if they want to post, using a topic that appropriately describes their concerns. However, like the aforementioned complaint about the title that contained a spoiler, I just changed it to &quot;Metamorphisis&quot; and moved the original topic title into the description line.

However, Joker, this is the first time I&#39;ve seen this come up, where a topic title will spoil events for other users. Has it come up before in the past? If the problem is more rampant than assumed.. then it&#39;s definately something to deal with.. If not, then just report &#39;em as you see &#39;em, and we&#39;ll nip them in the bud.

joker-kun
Fri, 02-06-2004, 02:34 AM
When did I once say anything about Naruto anime?

If I did it was a mistake.

JessiA already fixed my problem.

Also about the General Anime, I know there is no rule which is why I asked the people to put (spoiler) in the topic title, I didnt ask the mods/admins. I never once meant anything about the Naruto Anime. as I said I was talking about <span style='color:#D6DBE0'>&quot;oros new body&quot; </span>which JessiA already changed, so problem is solved, all I suggested was that maybe the Naruto manga section did not have this so its not a recurring event.

and for that I was referring to the thread Itachi made, as I said its no big deal I would just do it for the other members outta respect.

DDBen
Fri, 02-06-2004, 04:42 AM
Alright so let me get this straight this is a topic to create a rule that already exists made by someone who can&#39;t follow the rules himself, and using examples involving other anime&#39;s that arn&#39;t spoilers. Oh and when a example that is a spoiler is made you don&#39;t post it in the spoiler color and its been taken care of already anyway. Good work Joker-kun.

I&#39;ve certainly wasted enough brain cells in this thread consider it closed.

Munsu
Fri, 02-06-2004, 07:27 AM
Well I understand how a topic can be a spoiler problem... I myself dont mind because I usually read the spoilers anyway, but certainly something has to be done to respect those who dont like to be spoiled, specially when you dont think you are going to get spoiled by just reading topics

Edit: Just saw that Rock Lee tried to address the problem way back in August...
Either way I think that more awareness should be promoted about the issue
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1937 ('http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1937')

DDBen
Fri, 02-06-2004, 01:15 PM
The Matter discussed with RockLee was about it being done in the Naruto Manga section where indeed a anime viewer can be spoiled. The matter here is instead about doing it in the General anime section and the Naruto Anime section. my issue with both of these is I&#39;m not considering anything said that took place in a anime ALREADY or something that took place in a anime that has been over for a long time aka Kenshin a spoiler. it its a release that we seed on Gotwoot you have 24 hours until after the episode is made available before its allowed to be discussed, but for anything we don&#39;t sub or thats a older anime which was finished already or there are releases available I will not warn for spoiling.

The example above of Kenshin Dies is from the 2nd set of OAV&#39;s Reflections which was released in america on DVD Release Date: March 25, 2003. If you question that go check it on Amazon.com. Now while the DVD was released then in the USA in japan this was released in 2000-2001 and was in fact fansubbed by other subbers back then. This in no way is considered a spoiler this is OLD information that could have easily been known before these forums were made. The only case of a valid spoiler would be a anime series that is currently running and has a manga counterpart that is ahead of the anime. The same holds true in the Naruto section if Haku dies is made as a topic its not a spoiler that happened MANY months ago therefore its not something I would ever consider a spoiler. In adition someone making a speculation thread that you misread such as to start up a conversation about the outcome of a current fight in the anime but following it with a question mark. This is a bit harder to watch however you need to make sure its not a manga reader who knows what happened. Such as someone who&#39;s had a forum name of a character that wasn&#39;t introduced until AFTER they made there name.

Overall in review.
Spoilers in the topic name in the Manga or open section for Naruto BAD.
Spoilers in the topic name in the Naruto anime section already count as spoilers or they are information already covered and thus can&#39;t be spoilers.
Spoilers in the General Anime Section. Live with them as you can&#39;t expect every mod to see every anime and in 99% of the cases they arn&#39;t a spoiler anyway as they have been covered LONG in the past.

I hope that better expresses my views onthis as my earlier post must not have to recieve any questions on the matter.