PDA

View Full Version : Omgwtfbbq

Mayunosuke
Mon, 02-02-2004, 11:23 AM
I'm taking this quiz thing and one of the questions is -

A farmer living on the Saskatchewan side of the border drove west from his farm gate to the gate of his neighbor in Manitoba. How?

How do you drive west and end up east?!?!?!
Must...know...answer http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_jumpon.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_jumpon.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_jumpon.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

sangai
Mon, 02-02-2004, 11:38 AM
who cares canada sucks

you would have to all the way around the world so there is no good answer

Destroyor
Tue, 02-03-2004, 02:37 AM
Just ignore the Canada sucks comment. It just reflect the bad manner from sangai sakusei's home country.

(man I hope he's not from Canada, then it would be http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/huh.gif )

luckyinfil
Tue, 02-03-2004, 06:04 AM
he is driving at a velocity of -50km/h [W] which is equal to 50 km/h [E]

you learn this in physics

EDIT : Since the world is a sphere u can drive ALL the way AROUND the world and end up there.

r3n
Tue, 02-03-2004, 07:34 AM
either what luckyinfil said, or you go around the world (the most obvious answer), or he was driving his friend called "West".

Poiple Weezard
Tue, 02-03-2004, 08:51 AM
Does he live on his farm?

Even if he does, maybe his farm is on the border itself, in some shape to allow this.

Poiple Weezard
Tue, 02-03-2004, 09:06 AM
If you are driving west at -50 km/h, then you aren't driving west, you're driving east. What direction you're facing has no bearing on the direction you're moving. You learn that in physics too.

sangai
Tue, 02-03-2004, 11:36 AM
i see i offened some canadians eh...

chill guy's i have my reasons for not liking canada

my best friend who lived there would come here and visit and i guess he did something they didn't like so they arrested him and i havn't seen him for the past 5 years so my beef with canada is my own opinion

the law he broke was well they said he betrayed his country full of crap they are

but whatever other than that i have no other beef with canada

they don't plan on lettin him out for like 35 years

kinda of a harsh sentence for a 15 year old

Shikai
Tue, 02-03-2004, 12:22 PM
driving to the west gate, then take the road east to the neighbour, whom's gate is at east..

http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/huh.gif weird topic anyway http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/huh.gif

hiroshi
Tue, 02-03-2004, 01:43 PM
Or perhaps he named his car "west". In which case, it makes perfect sense.

KakashiSensei
Tue, 02-03-2004, 01:47 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sangai sakusei &#064; Feb 2 2004, 10:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> who cares canada sucks

you would have to all the way around the world so there is no good answer </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
for that comment you have no intellegence in that pea brain of yours. Keep your mouth shut. Canadians don&#39;t bad mouth were your from so keep your opinions to yourself.

NarutoOtaku
Wed, 02-04-2004, 03:15 AM
.... Or he could drive west all the way until he ends up at the eastern part of the region. I dont understand why such a question would exist though.

Assassin
Wed, 02-04-2004, 05:19 AM
1. he started west, then turned east.....makes sense since the question doens&#39;t say that he *keeps going* west.

2. he went west to the airport, took the plane, the airport was the east of his friends house, so he was still driving west, and reached his neighbours east door.

&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
^ .................................................. ....................v
&lt;===[farmer].....[W]friends house[E] &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; [airport]

sangai
Wed, 02-04-2004, 05:23 AM
well what he did was

well its punishable by death here / i dont think the united states does that anymore its more of a lifetime sentence without trial

its like when you sell information to another country

thats what they say he did but he couldn&#39;t do that

treason thats what its called

but come on like i said that a bit harsh for a 15 year old

r3n
Wed, 02-04-2004, 05:52 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sangai sakusei @ Feb 4 2004, 09:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> well what he did was

well its punishable by death here / i dont think the united states does that anymore its more of a lifetime sentence without trial

its like when you sell information to another country

thats what they say he did but he couldn&#39;t do that

treason thats what its called

but come on like i said that a bit harsh for a 15 year old </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
sounds a bit bs to me lol.

1. why would a 15yr old be selling info, hes a child for gods sake not some spy, and if he was a spy then he knew he was breaking the law, therefore why do u have beef with canada? he got himself into the situation fully knowing what he was doing most likely.
2. even if he was cos hes under 18 he&#39;d never get 35 years lol, no way in hell (unless he happened to kill a lot of ppl, then he deserves it)

sangai
Wed, 02-04-2004, 06:00 AM
i can gurantee you that its not bullshit

second thats what i mean how could he be comitting treason

i dont know if yu know this bt here in the united states treason is punishable by death regardless of who and or how old you are, now i doubt they will arrest anyone under ten for it but treason is a very serious thing here

Poiple Weezard
Wed, 02-04-2004, 06:05 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Assassin @ Feb 4 2004, 04:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> 1. he started west, then turned east.....makes sense since the question doens&#39;t say that he *keeps going* west.

2. he went west to the airport, took the plane, the airport was the east of his friends house, so he was still driving west, and reached his neighbours east door.

&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&lt;===[farmer].....[W]friends house[E] &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; [airport] </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
It says he drove west. Not driving west then driving east. Not facing west and driving backwards. Not driving to the ocean and somehow making it across the world.

Has anyone here besides me given this conundrum any amount of serious thought?

I know I probably haven&#39;t come up with the right answer, but it seems like I&#39;m the only one that&#39;s trying. I suggested two possibilities that no one has commented on.

1. That he didn&#39;t live on the farm. That means that while he lives in Saskatchewan, his farm is in Manitoba and it would lie to the east of his friend&#39;s farm.

2. That his farm is on the border and shaped in a way that would make this possible. Imagine if his property was in the shape of a horseshoe, with his house being on the left side, his farm gate being on the right side. His friend&#39;s property may lie underneath (or above, depending on your perpective) the center portion of the horseshoe.

Neither one is very likely, but I wish someone would try as well. I love quizzes and am a bit ashamed that lovers of great anime her at gotwoot.net don&#39;t seem to possess great intellect as well. (not saying that I do, but I was hoping someone here would solve this)

Assassin
Wed, 02-04-2004, 09:15 AM
well unless the question specifies what he can and can&#39;t do, alot of thsoe possibilities are quite probable.

does tis quiz ur doing give u the rite answers after ur done or something like that? cuz i would like to know what they accept as &quot;right&quot;.

ps: my diagram wasn&#39;t of the farmer driving....i forgot to add the airport on the farmers side.

&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;[plane] &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
^ .................................................. ................................v
^ .................................................. ................................v
[airoprt]&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;[farmer].....[W]friends house[E] &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; [airport]

Poiple Weezard
Wed, 02-04-2004, 09:22 AM
It doesn&#39;t specify what he can and can&#39;t do, but it does specify what he does. It says that he drives west. If any suggestion (like boarding a plane or crossing an ocean) interrupts that action, it isn&#39;t a possible answer.

Kagari
Wed, 02-04-2004, 01:17 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sangai sakusei @ Feb 3 2004, 10:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> they don&#39;t plan on lettin him out for like 35 years

kinda of a harsh sentence for a 15 year old </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Well, you clearly fabricated that story, and have absolutely no knowledge of the canadian legal system. Your &quot;friend&quot; would have had to have done soemthing EXTREMELY severe, and have hard evidence against him, in order for him to be convicted.

Only the most heinous crimes committed by minors are punished by jail time, due to our YOUTH PROTECTION ACT. A 15 year old would not go to jail for 35 years unless the crime committed was extremely severe.

So either he deserved it, or else get your knowledge of a country straight before you attack it.

Canada Kicks Ass.