PDA

View Full Version : A problem with my Streaming Video.

-ANBU-Sasuke-
Sun, 02-01-2004, 03:01 AM
Everytime i got to sites to use streaming video off a program from the browser. i get this junk:
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/naruto37/New_Bitmap_Image.JPG

Ive downloaded the latest Direct X 9.0 end user time.

Im pretty sure a 1.2 Ghz 256 ram 64 mb vid card is enough to run this with a 2.3 megs per-second net speed. Any Ideas of what's causing this or how to fix it?

Thanks

hiroshi
Sun, 02-01-2004, 07:27 AM
You should probably first check that your WMP is able to show the Media Guide. Try opening upWMP and check the Media Guide and see if it loads up.

Also, check out your settings for your streaming. Go to your Media Player options and go to the "Network" tab, make sure all 4 tick boxes are ticked at the top, making sure they're using ports which your firewall or router, or even proxy will allow you to use, and also make sure your HTTP is set to "Browser" as your proxy, and if you do use a proxy server for your Internet Connection, click on both of the two below the HTTP one and click "Configure" and state the correct Proxy settings. Or if you don't know the proxy settings you need, you could try "Auto-detect proxy settings" but it's better if you do it manually if you can.

Also check your "Security" tab and make sure the box "Do not run script commands and rich media streams if the player is running inside a Web page" is 'unticked'.

Then try clicking the "Zone Settings button", and if you get a prompt click "OK" and then click "Custom Level". Make sure "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins" is set to "Enable" and your "Active Scripting" is set to "Enable" and then click "OK" and "OK" again.

If none of this works for you, then state it and i shall try to get back to you with anything else i can think of.

Oh btw, did you try disabling your firewall whilst attempting to watch the stream? Maybe it's blocking it? Just a possibility.