PDA

View Full Version : Ummm Problem with fansub as VCD's

Hokage_Naruto
Sat, 01-31-2004, 04:56 AM
Hi I just put my Naruto downloaded episodes on VCD, and it seems that my ANBU AONE versions are showing problematic situations, I cant SEE THE SUBTITLES!!!! They're all the way on the bottom of my TV where I cant see em. Can somebody know how to fix this problem>?

I used NERO to burn em and I tried Nero Express, SVCD and VCD, but it still wont work, also I tried changing CD types from Memorex to Sony, but it WONT work still!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Minako-chan
Sun, 02-01-2004, 09:57 AM
first rule of thumb... digisubs generally lose their subs on VCDs... get a TVout from your computer of some sort and work from there... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

complich8
Mon, 02-02-2004, 05:01 AM
my approach of choice (if I were making vcd's or svcd's for playback through a hardware player):

set up an avisynth script. Make that avisynth script pad the resolutions to the aspect ratio of the medium you're using, using big freaky black letterbox bars. have the avisynth script resize that to the right resolution. Dump through tmpeg to make your vcd/svcd/whatever. Enjoy an appropriate looking episode on your tv.

nero's not smart. neither is tmpeg. You've kinda gotta tell it how you want to do stuff, or it won't do it right.

anyway, I'd take the resolutions to use in tmpeg, and just pad to the right aspect ratio and resize. experiment a bit with that method, and let us know your results!

complich8
Tue, 02-03-2004, 04:50 AM
we didn't "do this on purpose"

we put the subs in an ordinary place. with some encoding skill, you can correct the aspect ratio of your source video to make it watchable on vcd, though because of the shitty resolution it provides I don't recommend it.

it's not *us* that make your vcd not fit onto the screen. It's the programs you're using.

Now pay attention, I'll tell you my method of doing this. It should work, assuming you're not completely dumb.

look for tmpegenc on the web. look for avisynth on the web. install both.

write an avisynth script that looks like this (modifying obvious things as appropriate):
#>begin avisynth script
# load the avi with this line:
avisource("c:\path\to\my.avi")
#for svcd resolutions n tmpegenc, need 480x480. first pad to a square res (640x640)
addborders(0,80,0,80)
#next resize to 480x480
BilinearResize(480, 480)
#< end of avisynth script

take your script there, paste it into a txt file, change the filename in the third line to where your file you're trying to make an svcd out of is. save the .txt as "all files" and change the extension to .avs. You're on your way.

Now, open up tmpegenc, pick "super video cd" and pick "ntsc" from under it (unless your tv is PAL -- if you don't know this, just assume its ntsc, or do some googlework to find out). Hit next. Hit "browse" next to the "video source" box, change the file type to "all files" and browse to your .avs. select it. It'll autodetect that that's both the audio and the video source. Hit ok.
now hit next 2 more times, and you'll get an auto-calculated bitrate. If you are loading up both video files separately (you should be able to get 2 on it with not too terrible encoding loss), make sure to scale them so they both fit comfortably. Hit next again when you've set that.

You'll get some self-explanatory options about where and how to save it .... it'll end up as a .mpg that will perfectly fit into svcd resolutions. (the encode will take some time, but you'd see the same time with nero directly, just that it'd give you a worse result). Burn the mpg with nero or whatever, and enjoy. Let us know if it works for you.

NoKKiE
Tue, 02-03-2004, 09:32 AM
Hello, I'm kinda new here but I saw the last post and noticed a few typos in the script and thought the original poster might be a bit confused while not knowing if he did it right or not =P

#>begin avisynth script
# load the avi with this line:
avisource("c:\path\to\my.avi")
#for svcd resolutions n tmpegenc, need 480x480. first pad to a square res (640x640)
addborders(0,80,0,80)
#next resize to 480x480
BilinearResize(480, 480)
#< end of avisynth script

Change is basically in the bilinear resize... it is suppose to be a comma in there and not a x.. and also the program u want is tmpgenc (but u probably figured that out already)

good luck

-David

Hokage_Naruto
Tue, 02-03-2004, 10:32 AM
Ummm I dont know how to do whatever you guys are trying to say..........................................did anbu aone doing this on purpose so people on e bay cant use anbu aone fansubs to sell for their own profit??!!

I SWEAR I wont sell my Vcd's on ebay, I just want to show it off with my friends and watch it on my TV

complich8
Wed, 02-04-2004, 03:14 AM
haihai ... I was kinda writing that on the fly ... I'll go ahead and hop back and edit that.

complich8
Tue, 02-10-2004, 03:04 AM
any cropping off you're getting from making fansubs into dvds would probably be due to overscan and the difference in resolution between the fansubs and the dvds.

Thus, in theory, you should be able to use avisynth to resize your video to an appropriate resolution, padding it with stuff that'll get chopped off in overstan anyway.

I'm not sure if easy dvd creator handles avisynth though. Your mileage may vary.

gaara
Tue, 02-10-2004, 08:28 AM
This happened to a dvd me and my friend made of 66-67 with easy dvd creator 6... its made with codec xvid, we applied used codec to dx50 so it will allow us to convert, and then we burn..but thats the only one that seems to go beyond the borders of the tv a lil bit, making the subs get cut off..will that avisynth fix it?

Power PMV
Tue, 02-10-2004, 09:29 AM
hey complic8 you are very knowledgeable in all the video stuff. Do you know of any good websites where I can learn some of that stuff? Thanks

complich8
Tue, 02-10-2004, 11:26 AM
best place for most video stuff is doom9 ('http://www.doom9.org'). Read their guides, read their forums, read more of their guides, read more of their forums, experiment (a lot). doom9 is .... pretty much .... the alpha and omega of video encoding, but the environment there isn't "gimme everything" "here ya go", more of a "help yourself by learning from what we say and trying stuff" sort of place.

You can also find a lot googling your questions, as always http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif. You just have to know what to google.

(related tangent babbling about toolkits and problem solving omitted)

Power PMV
Tue, 02-10-2004, 12:11 PM
Thanks a lot for the link, I'll start reading and studying like Kintaro Oe. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

NoKKiE
Fri, 02-13-2004, 06:24 AM
is there a quicker way to convert XVID then stripping apart the audio and video? anyone know? (kinda off topic.. but still)