PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 68 discussion

Nara Shikamaru
Sat, 01-31-2004, 03:10 AM
i liked this episode. it's not a complete filler episode i think because it's setting up all the fights/events that will take place in the next few episodes while showing the power of the sand and surprises like orochimaru as kazekage.Sakura waking up Shikamaru and naruto, kakashi saying that hokage isn't that easy to kill wonders his actual skills, you see shino in the shadows somewhere(you could tell he's gunna do something), sasuke going after gaara or something and finally the anticipated Genma in action gainst baki. Those are the things i wanna see happen really soon.

your thoughts? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

rleland
Sat, 01-31-2004, 03:13 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nara Shikamaru @ Jan 31 2004, 02:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> it&#39;s not a complete filler episode </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
my thoughts:
it&#39;s not even 1% a filler ep
unless filler is following the manga
all they did was make a few more drawings than the manga (so everything would fit together like it has to in anime).. other than that they followed the manga completely

i think it was a good ep in that sense
and it sure builds tension and mood
plus they had the awesome orotheme (i gotta get me some of that&#33;)

itachi_
Sat, 01-31-2004, 03:14 AM
I don&#39;t think that so many ninjas have died ever in naruto. 68 was good, not great but good, they have added the &quot;scene&quot; with iruka-san and the kids at the academy school... Hope they start the hokage vs orochimaru battle next episode

Nara Shikamaru
Sat, 01-31-2004, 03:15 AM
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif i think the iruka scene was there to say something like the civilians didn&#39;t know that this war is going on.

el3ctro
Sat, 01-31-2004, 03:30 AM
i liked it... but the snakes looked so stupid with those scarfs.
and when they attacked that guy in the air it looked extremely stupid

phreakatron
Sat, 01-31-2004, 04:35 AM
I thought it was great.

Genma looks like he is read to go at it. Kakashi had me laughing hard. Gai needs to really get going. The random Konoha ninjas wee cool too. The Sand nins looked pretty menacing. I am kind of hoping Shino goes to help Sasuke cuz I think 3 people is a little much for him. I want to know where Kakashi sends Naruto, Shiki, and Sakura... and Naruto better summon Gamabunta to fight the snakes. I thought the snakes were cool, but I think snakes rule period.

I want to see like shikimaru&#39;s teacher and Hinata&#39;s teacher ( i forgot thier names) tear some people up. I hope Jiriaya comes to help. I want to see the 4 freaky sound nins do something. Wondering when kabuto will attack Kakashi. he just keep standing there.

So much is going on&#33;&#33;&#33; Ah&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

PSJ
Sat, 01-31-2004, 04:39 AM
quite good ep it sets the coming battles up. i wish they ended it with naruto waking up.

itachi_
Sat, 01-31-2004, 04:39 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (phreakatron @ Jan 31 2004, 03:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I thought it was great.

Genma looks like he is read to go at it. Kakashi had me laughing hard. Gai needs to really get going. The random Konoha ninjas wee cool too. The Sand nins looked pretty menacing. I am kind of hoping Shino goes to help Sasuke cuz I think 3 people is a little much for him. I want to know where Kakashi sends Naruto, Shiki, and Sakura... and Naruto better summon Gamabunta to fight the snakes. I thought the snakes were cool, but I think snakes rule period.

I want to see like shikimaru&#39;s teacher and Hinata&#39;s teacher ( i forgot thier names) tear some people up. I hope Jiriaya comes to help. I want to see the 4 freaky sound nins do something. Wondering when kabuto will attack Kakashi. he just keep standing there.

So much is going on&#33;&#33;&#33; Ah&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Gai&#39;s Scream sounds like Bruce Lee http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

PSJ
Sat, 01-31-2004, 05:20 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ @ Jan 31 2004, 09:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (phreakatron &#064; Jan 31 2004, 03:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I thought it was great.

So much is going on&#33;&#33;&#33; Ah&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Gai&#39;s Scream sounds like Bruce Lee http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
its a bruce lee scream also used in the tekken games with that Law dude. that scream is hilarious. love it http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

ComeComeParadise
Sat, 01-31-2004, 05:30 AM
fuckng great seeing Kakashi and Gai fighting back to back...I thought this was a pretty decent episode, the animation was noticeably better than in some of the recent eps (excluding 66-67). I love the moment where Orochimaru says &quot;Sarutobi-sensei.&quot; Strays a little from the manga, but not too much, and all in good effect...

rEkKaShInObI
Sat, 01-31-2004, 05:33 AM
It was alright. The Gai really got some killer attacks, and once again, Sakura was saved by someone stronger. And Michael Jackson&#39;s crying was funny.

itachi_
Sat, 01-31-2004, 05:35 AM
I realised when i watched this episode that jounin fight very much with kunai&#39;s, not ninjutsu, only that flamethrower-thing

Beautiful Green Beast
Sat, 01-31-2004, 05:41 AM
Ill give the episode 3/5. It was a great fighting episode, had good quality and Orochimaru was great a Kazekage. But i already suspected him since he arrived at the stadium because of his eyes. That, and that Orrochimaru hadnt turn up for a while. Ok, so hes a little bit scary now but thats nothing like in the 2nd exam. Ya know : &quot;As i expected from the uchiha clan&quot; and all that. I think oro was cooler back in the 30`s. One thing more. I dont think Gai was so great. I mean,even lee could do what he did. PUCH PUCH,ya know. I would have expected that he would run so fast that you couldnt see him, even with weights or anything else like that. Or that his punches throwed them away to the other side of the stadium http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif . And that Bruce Lee scream made him goofy. OK,so the episode was great but i think theres moree to come (more hungry mouths to feed)&#33;

Mange Sharingan
Sat, 01-31-2004, 05:56 AM
Well, remember in episode 1 or 2, Mizuki threw kunais and shurikens at Iruka and he had like 7 on him and the jounins in ep 68 died with 3 kunais sticking out. Isnt that wierd.

el3ctro
Sat, 01-31-2004, 06:06 AM
also the kunais with explosive tags were pretty cool...

alot of the random junins were pretty damn weak for a junnin...

also it was cool to find out sakuras actually usefull for something
(genjitsu expert it would seem)

PSJ
Sat, 01-31-2004, 06:18 AM
she is talented in genjutsu... not expert. btw is that a pokemon in your sig? the white ninetails?

r3n
Sat, 01-31-2004, 06:27 AM
i loved 68 http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif thought it was a refreshing break from the 30 eps in a row of tournaments. oro was cool, gai was cool, kakashi was cool, everything about it was cool http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif. guess it was more of a buildup episode than anything else. jst setting up the fights that are gunna take place in the next 10 eps or more. like gai + kakashi vs kabuto, oro vs hokage, sasuke (+ shino?) vs temari and kankuro (and maybe gaara?). and also naruto, shikamura and sasukes mission, whatever it may be&#33;

anyway i think we have a funpacked couple of episodes atleast, ahead of us http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

p.s. love the naruto + shikamura combination, 1 lazy sod, with 1 overenergetic sod&#33; genius http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Assassin
Sat, 01-31-2004, 06:37 AM
not a bad ep.....but unfortunately i watched bakasan&#39;s version, and it seemed to have some errors in it.....the damn thing kept freezing every now and then, at certain times.....so i would have to restart it, and manually go past that point and then start re watching.......took all the fun out of it :&lt;

anyway, gai and kakashi kicked ass....i loved gai&#39;s screem, and kakashi smile when he saves sakura and look down at her thru his legs.

can&#39;t wait till oro and the old man start fighting.....but i wonder where the real kazakage is. did he even come to konoha? im kinda disappointed....i wanted to c how strong another kage was. oh well.

im also wondering when we&#39;ll c jiraya......and kabuto as well. he just standing there not doing anyhitng......and where are kurnie, the smoking guy (what was his name?) and ebisu.....and all the other jounins that were attending.

the snakes were pretty kool, but im wondering y the shinobi were throwin kunais.......a little knife isn&#39;t gonna do much against something that big. it would&#39;ve been better to use a jutsu or a summon of thier own (well they did do the fire jutsu, but they got owned)

can&#39;t wait till 69....its gonna b great

el3ctro
Sat, 01-31-2004, 06:38 AM
was also wondering about the naruto A class mission
they show that dog from the 3rd ending credits

and yes it is the pokemon... when my sig was made there werent many pictures of kyuubi (it was around episode 40)

r3n
Sat, 01-31-2004, 06:46 AM
lol i forgot to mention, WHAT HAPPENED TO ROCK LEE??? obviously he wud have fallen to kabutos genjutsu as he himself cant do genjutsu to repel it, but he didnt appear to be on the floor?

or were the animators jst be lazy again

PoDy
Sat, 01-31-2004, 06:50 AM
I liked this ep. Tho i also think that most of the jounins where to weak but the anime wuldent move forward if everyone was 1337 ninjas with a shit load of jutsus, it wuld take a long time to come up with all those jutsus and all the fights wuld have been like 1 ep each and thats how i understand why many of them got killed so easy. And the snakes... hmm why does it seam like they are stuck togeather? If they are... then are they really snakes? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif
Im very much looking forward to the next episode. Now things are starting to get intresting again.

Anbu Girl
Sat, 01-31-2004, 06:53 AM
the episode was good.. OMG, KAkashi is a hero *fainted*

el3ctro
Sat, 01-31-2004, 06:56 AM
the snakes were my least favorite parts

as i said when they attacked the guy it looks so stupid...
and the scarfs on them look dumb too.

to me the snakes annimation was a joke...

I dont see how you could possibly not just be like omg im ebmarresed to be watching this when u see them wearing bandannas kill a guy by hitting them with their nose
and you see him go flying and have a death scream

Assassin
Sat, 01-31-2004, 07:00 AM
bandanas? i dont remember that....but then i wasn&#39;t paying too much attention

u mind posting a pic?

ComeComeParadise
Sat, 01-31-2004, 07:10 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I dont think Gai was so great. I mean,even lee could do what he did. PUCH PUCH,ya know. I would have expected that he would run so fast that you couldnt see him, even with weights or anything else like that. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

He didn&#39;t need to do anything more to beat the weaker nins. I&#39;m sure he could do much much more if he needed to, but why waste his stamina on weak ninjas, n&#39;est ce pas?

Orion Guardian
Sat, 01-31-2004, 07:38 AM
hmm the ep was cool....nothing more to say from my point, its just said http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif about the Mission for Naruto...

I think he is going to search fpr Jiraiya or something like that....they need to have good reinforcements and against Orochimaru...just a thought..

Beautiful Green Beast
Sat, 01-31-2004, 07:45 AM
The funniest part was when naruto drowled http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_dribble.gif at the end&#33;

itsgalf
Sat, 01-31-2004, 07:55 AM
Good episode, but what the heck...geeze:

Rock Lee is gone, where the crap is he

Sakura got teabagged&#33; ahahaha

The personal bodyguard of Hokage, the strongest ninja in konoha, got killed by 3 kunais? are you kidding me? It shows all these jounins fighting, but obviously they suck balls and I have no idea how they got to be jounin.

When Gai does his triple jump kick thing, watch the animation of the 3 sound nin. Oh thats right, there is no animation from them. They just stand there and get kicked in the head.

Sakura says &quot;Where did Sasuke go?&quot;...Wait, what the hell were you doing the whole time, Sakura? playing with your hair? watch the stage, dumbass.

Vagabond
Sat, 01-31-2004, 08:30 AM
From reading the manga a got a sense of there being more invaders. I dunno, like 100 sound nins attacking at the same time. We don&#39;t really see any of that. Kinda pisses me off. Overall though it was a good episode and it set up the next few episodes very nicely.
Don&#39;t expect to see Lee too, he won&#39;t be able to break out of the genjutsu.

Orion Guardian
Sat, 01-31-2004, 09:08 AM
its said in the anime, too that its 100 Nins...when they report to this guy with the scarface

Raven
Sat, 01-31-2004, 09:10 AM
What about Neji? Surely he&#39;d be in the stands watching the match, he&#39;s very interested in Sasuke.... yet we never see him.

simplyxme
Sat, 01-31-2004, 09:55 AM
It was like eating ice cream or taking a bubble bath ahahahah.

I really liked this episode. It&#39;s setting up a lot of things that I&#39;m really looking foward too but there are a few characters that disapeared in this episode and I&#39;m stumped why they didnt join the fight but I guess there wasnt enough money/time? Great episode though. I hope sakura does more then just sit there and have a terrified face next time though. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sleep.gif

Evil_Sasuke
Sat, 01-31-2004, 09:59 AM
I personally like the episode exposing the action of the sand and sound nins. I want to see Shino and his bugs wipe the floor with the Sand and Sound nins&#33; Waiting to see if any other nins have summons like naruto and oro. Waiting for the Pervert kill some major arse&#33;&#33;

Elessar
Sat, 01-31-2004, 10:13 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VagabondLBD &#064; Jan 31 2004, 07:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> From reading the manga a got a sense of there being more invaders. I dunno, like 100 sound nins attacking at the same time. We don&#39;t really see any of that. Kinda pisses me off. Overall though it was a good episode and it set up the next few episodes very nicely.
Don&#39;t expect to see Lee too, he won&#39;t be able to break out of the genjutsu. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Shitheads like you are the ones responsible for people disliking the manga readers.
Go kill yourself.

Well, don&#39;t bother with the chuunins getting killed so easily. It&#39;s just adapted to the audience. The one who is with Hokage-sama is - in the manga - totally splattered against the wall. When Kakashi protects Sakura the kunais go straight into the sounds&#39; heads and at the time talking to her about waking the others up he is over and over with blood.

Midou Ban
Sat, 01-31-2004, 10:15 AM
It makes me want to watch Naruto with more of an intrest now. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif GO Shikamaru Go Shikamarau. I still find it wierd a show called Naruto has little to do about Naruto and it actually works out.

Raven
Sat, 01-31-2004, 10:18 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Elessar @ Jan 31 2004, 09:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Shitheads like you are the ones responsible for people disliking the manga readers.
Go kill yourself. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Elessar, comments like this aren&#39;t necessary, I&#39;m giving you a warning, just watch the flaming in future and discuss things in a civilized way.

Elessar
Sat, 01-31-2004, 10:23 AM
Alright, people spoiling get away and people _reporting_ the spoilers get warned.
Fine, no problem for me.

Sayonara.
#EOD.

Assassin
Sat, 01-31-2004, 10:31 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Elessar &#064; Jan 31 2004, 09:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Alright, people spoiling get away and people _reporting_ the spoilers get warned.
Fine, no problem for me.

Sayonara.
#EOD. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
ok first of all, u report spoilers by pressing that little &quot;report&quot; buton, rite beside the &quot;edit&quot; and &quot;quote&quot; buttons.....that way other ppl (like, say, ME) dont know that its a spoiler.....so to me, UR the one who spoiled, by telling me about it not VagabondLBD. as far as i was concerned, it was just his opinion

ps: luckily im pretty dense, so i still can&#39;t see the spoiler u were referring to http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Spydek
Sat, 01-31-2004, 10:32 AM
If you ask me, the previous posts weren&#39;t much of a spoiler.

Elessar
Sat, 01-31-2004, 10:34 AM
Well, i have pressed that button. check your mails. Because that&#39;s exactly what I was referring to.

&quot;Don&#39;t expect to see Lee too, he won&#39;t be able to break out of the genjutsu.&quot;
You think that is his opinion? A slight guess? After &quot;I as a manga reader&quot;?
I think not. As described in the report i sent via the report button.
Once again - check your incoming reports.

Assassin
Sat, 01-31-2004, 10:45 AM
*sigh*

well i apologize for the button thing then, since thats what u actually did.

but now u just pointed out the spoiler......like i said, as far as i (and it seems most other ppl) was concerned that was just his opinion......and informed guess if u will.

we know lee has almost no talent for anything but taijutsu, so its logical to think he wouldn&#39;t b able to break it......

besides, 2 mods posted before u, and if they had seen it as major spoilage, they probably would have removed it.

Vagabond
Sat, 01-31-2004, 10:48 AM
Sry if that sounded like a spoiler but I was just pointing that out because he doesn&#39;t have any ability for ninjutsu and genjutsu. If Naruto and Shika wern&#39;t able to break out of it what makes you think Lee can?

I know they said in the anime that 100 sand/sound nins were invading but it didn&#39;t seem like that many people were invading (at least from my point of view). I mean it shows all those nins gathered in the woods in 67 but it doesn&#39;t really show them attacking. I dunno maybe it will in the next episode or something.

Kagari
Sat, 01-31-2004, 10:57 AM
Shino is gonna do somethin, and it&#39;s gonna be badass....so many great fights are coming up...the episode actually had my heart pounding http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif The music was so good, and the battles are gonna be great.

EDIT:

Oh, and if you guys look carefully, they didn&#39;t get lazy with Lee&#39;s body. When Kabuto and the found sound nins are standing in front of Kakashi and Gai
(04:30 of the episode) you see him crumpled on the ground.

Karasu
Sat, 01-31-2004, 11:44 AM
ahhh we should get 10 ep&#39;s in a row now, gonna be hard chopping up all the action in different episodes. You have to love the sleepy tears of Orochimaru haha, going be wonderful to see them fight if that happens. Finaly some super elite shinobi action http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Shino will probably be doing something soon.. Otherwise they wouldnt have had him in the episode, it&#39;s gonna be great seeing him do something..

The overall action was pretty nice, though they should have tried and make the different battles shown a little more intense with some more ppl in it, didnt feel like a 100 nins attacking.. But I guess they dont attack all at the same spot.

Sasuke might get to finnish the fight with Gaara in the end anyway http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif This time for real, he gonna get him self in to trouble im sure of that. I so want to see him in the complete form or whatever it is the sand wants Gaara to be doing. (Well obviously kill everything, but how http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

And I liked the Ibiki scared shitless of Orochimaru talking alittle bit of Oro from before we know it..

hiddenpookie
Sat, 01-31-2004, 12:06 PM
it was a decent episode could have been better

Assassin
Sat, 01-31-2004, 12:32 PM
i can&#39;t wait for the hokage/oro fight eitehr.....i just hope they pull it off well. i dont want any of that disappear-and-fight crap, where all we see is these lines thats supposed to b them (the dbz style fights).

i&#39;d prefer the normal taijutsu stuff, like sasuke in the forest, or during his prelim match.....the stuff where they do incredibly kool, physically impossible moves; turn and twist in all sort of wierd ways, and kick the opponent in the face while standing upside down, on one hand and making seals with the other so that they can barbeque his/her face rite after he/she recovers.

anyone know the type im talkking about?

HarukoSZ
Sat, 01-31-2004, 12:34 PM
Shikamaru and naruto&#39;s mission will be to search for the crimson 4 leaf clover &gt;_&lt;

Cion
Sun, 02-01-2004, 02:06 AM
Yeah Hatake Kakashi is right, the best stuff
is yet to come.

Nice of them to show the city more, you think its small
if you read the manga, but this is more like it&#33;

Cliffcat
Sun, 02-01-2004, 02:07 AM
Shika is so damned lazy I bet he let the jutsu take him. I cant wait for 69 though, bring it on.

Outtawack311
Sun, 02-01-2004, 02:10 AM
I cant wait for 69 either. MMMMM. Oh wait, you mean the episode http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif

Death BOO Z
Sun, 02-01-2004, 02:15 AM
one thing i don&#39;t get...

why bother build walls if any genin can jump above them?
i mean, those are 50 meter tall stone walls but they still jump them like shit...

the part i most liked was when one of the ninjas used a fire jutsu and turned around to fry a sound nin...

but i really hate when they stand in one place and talk too much, it takes one panel in the manga, but over 30 sec in the anime, and while they talk, all the other guys don&#39;t do anything,,,

well, they better pull off the ORO VS SARUTOBI fight well, it&#39;s been a while since we&#39;ve seen a majorily kick-ass battle.

Krbadass
Sun, 02-01-2004, 02:21 AM
69 is next week right? we don&#39;t gotta wait 2 more correct?

Uchiha-Itachi
Sun, 02-01-2004, 02:22 AM
nope http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

UcHiHa~SaSuKe
Sun, 02-01-2004, 02:23 AM
just hope that esp69 will have more fighting

FuzzyEyebrowz
Sun, 02-01-2004, 02:23 AM
Im just curious...

When the jounin beside Hokage was hit, why did Hokage seem so surprised?
If orochimaru really wanted to end things quick, could (strictly a question) he have hit hokage? Hokage didnt seem to see it coming... and if he did, why wouldnt he protect his village people? Especially the guy right beside him...?

Larz
Sun, 02-01-2004, 02:25 AM
forgive me for my ignorance but just who is Gemma?

is he the examiner that replaced Hayate?

Krbadass
Sun, 02-01-2004, 02:26 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Uchiha-Itachi @ Feb 1 2004, 01:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> nope http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Nope as in what, say either this, we have to wait 2 weeks. or say it comes out next week.

less confusion on my part please. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Uchiha-Itachi
Sun, 02-01-2004, 02:28 AM
sry didnt expected you to be so dense http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Naruto episode 69 will be released next week, 4 februari to be precisely http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

A77ALiSTiC
Sun, 02-01-2004, 02:29 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kagari @ Feb 1 2004, 09:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> haha assasin, I agree. I want to see them do some cool jutsu&#39;a, too....imagine what hokage might be able to do.... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
lol
that old fart? i think he has the ability to do some cool shit, but hed most probably use some cool jitsus instead, cause they&#39;re more powerful...
about kazekage, hes obviously dead, cause remember during the second exams? the find the body of that sound guy (not sure if its sound) with his face torn off? oro uses the actual skin off of his victims.. so either kazekage is dead, or is lying around faceless...
the ep was cool, finally were gonna see genmas abilities, a fight between 2 elite shinobis, and lots of major ass kickin&#33;
oh yeah, gai looked like a fool with that scream of his...

Krbadass
Sun, 02-01-2004, 02:29 AM
Actually, the way i asked it, saying &quot;nope&quot; could have answered my question both ways... baka

RoMuLuu
Sun, 02-01-2004, 02:37 AM
I really liked this episode, even a lot happened in this episode, the plot was still clear and so on. Also it was nice to see Kakashi and expecially Gai fight. And indeed I think that there is going to be a whole lot of action in the next episodes. I just can&#39;t wait to see the top ninja fight. After all we haven&#39;t seen any jounin vs jounin fights in the anime since Kakashi vs Zabuza. Or well, the Anko vs Orochimaru was kinda &quot;fight&quot;, but it was poor. I just can&#39;t wait for the next episodes, I have a feeling that those are going to be really good.

Karasu
Sun, 02-01-2004, 02:40 AM
Yesh Gemma is the Exam judge that replaced the dead Hayate.. The guy with the straw http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

rEkKaShInObI
Sun, 02-01-2004, 02:55 AM
69 is gonna be the lucky number&#33;&#33;

Rock Lee was not seen throughout the whole episode, wh ere did he go on crutches a broken leg and a broken arm?

Beautiful Green Beast
Sun, 02-01-2004, 03:01 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Karasu @ Feb 1 2004, 01:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Yesh Gemma is the Exam judge that replaced the dead Hayate.. The guy with the straw http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Wh osays his name is Genma? I havent heard that name in the anime.

Krbadass
Sun, 02-01-2004, 03:17 AM
Hokage called him genma , when he said go inform genma about this.

Karasu
Sun, 02-01-2004, 03:27 AM
Gemma or Genma whatever Krbadass said..

When hokage tells the guy with scars or whatever in the face to go down and inform genma/gemma about the situation about Sasuke beeing late and all that.

Destroyor
Sun, 02-01-2004, 03:42 AM
The wall is suppose to slow down the enemy and make him an easy target, pretty hard to dodge while you are jumping/climbing up.

Larz
Sun, 02-01-2004, 04:00 AM
ahh thanks.

And Karasu, who is that on your avatar? I think it&#39;s Kankurou, but he looks really freaky.

XwingRob
Sun, 02-01-2004, 04:00 AM
Its his doll thingy.

SilentSnake
Sun, 02-01-2004, 04:03 AM
it&#39;s karasu - kankurou&#39;s doll.

he&#39;s controlling it and fighting by it

Larz
Sun, 02-01-2004, 04:20 AM
ohh yeah. that&#39;s right http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Naruto
Sun, 02-01-2004, 04:30 AM
very good ePiSoDe http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif i liked kakashi when he said *sakura stay like that for a bit. i&#39;ll reduce the number of enemies* http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif its on 17:26 for all who wanna see it http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif

http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif

Nara Shikamaru
Sun, 02-01-2004, 04:44 AM
my guess is that when shino saw sasuke run off to find gaara he was going to go also. so kank forfeited the tournament, and now he&#39;ll have to fight shino and reveal his &quot;accessory&quot; in his doll. just a guess after seeing the episode another time http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif
edit: ooo forgot to say that baki killed hayate before and now genma replaced hayate. if genma is anything like hayate baki will destroy him &gt;_&gt;

TeLeKiNeSiS
Sun, 02-01-2004, 04:46 AM
isnt it interesting how the ninja dont use much ninjutsu...? they seem to love their kunais quite a bit...

nark
Sun, 02-01-2004, 04:57 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death BOO Z @ Feb 1 2004, 02:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> one thing i don&#39;t get...

why bother build walls if any genin can jump above them?
i mean, those are 50 meter tall stone walls but they still jump them like shit...

the part i most liked was when one of the ninjas used a fire jutsu and turned around to fry a sound nin...

but i really hate when they stand in one place and talk too much, it takes one panel in the manga, but over 30 sec in the anime, and while they talk, all the other guys don&#39;t do anything,,,

well, they better pull off the ORO VS SARUTOBI fight well, it&#39;s been a while since we&#39;ve seen a majorily kick-ass battle. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yeah, the guy who did that fire jutsu was insane. ALso, does anyone know the name of that cool guy who was using the kunais with exploding tags against the snakes? He dies though, its kinda sad. That guy was soo coool lookin.

rEkKaShInObI
Sun, 02-01-2004, 05:31 AM
They have a huge wall so they can have watch towers.

Beautiful Green Beast
Sun, 02-01-2004, 05:39 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Krbadass @ Feb 1 2004, 02:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hokage called him genma , when he said go inform genma about this. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
aha? ok? gotta check that up right away&#33;

itachi_
Sun, 02-01-2004, 05:56 AM
Darn *sigh* http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Stop with these questions about kazekage and other future stuff if you only watch the anime, read the manga if you really want to know what&#39;s going to happend. It&#39;s good to combinate manga reading and anime watching, for sure.

I saw that they had a lot of filling scenes in this episode, i wish that we could see more ninjutsu from random jounin&#39;s.

itsgalf
Sun, 02-01-2004, 06:02 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nark @ Feb 1 2004, 03:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ALso, does anyone know the name of that cool guy who was using the kunais with exploding tags against the snakes? He dies though, its kinda sad. That guy was soo coool lookin. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
It was Iruka-sensei in disguise.
Well it wasn&#39;t really, but it looked like him

XwingRob
Sun, 02-01-2004, 06:05 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PoDy @ Jan 31 2004, 05:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Tho i also think that most of the jounins where to weak </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Actually I think most of the ninjas that were defending were Chuunins, not Jounins.

nark
Sun, 02-01-2004, 06:11 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itsgalf @ Feb 1 2004, 06:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nark &#064; Feb 1 2004, 03:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ALso, does anyone know the name of that cool guy who was using the kunais with exploding tags against the snakes? He dies though, its kinda sad. That guy was soo coool lookin. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
It was Iruka-sensei in disguise.
Well it wasn&#39;t really, but it looked like him </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
maybe it was his brother, but noone knows that it is his brother. perhaps.

Hatake Kakashi
Sun, 02-01-2004, 06:22 AM
I am really hoping that in the anime they actually show the Baki vs Genma fight.

Oh and mad props to the animators for making the ANBU actually seem kind of good and not the cannon fodder that they are.

Fatty
Sun, 02-01-2004, 06:44 AM
Gai is a muda fugin BeasT&#33;&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

RaZzy
Sun, 02-01-2004, 07:28 AM
huh... the snakes were one of the best things in the episode
and i really find the sand ninja&#39;s more unique than the konoha and sound ninja&#39;s
cool episode.

btw... one of those four special dudes who make the fire wall looks pretty gay.. but the cool thing is they used the same voice actor as zaku again... he ownz http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif (i think that it&#39;s the same guy.. second special dude who&#39;s talking in the episode)

oh yeah.. and rock lee is BEHIND kakashi and gai

Shikai
Sun, 02-01-2004, 07:32 AM
Awesome Awesome&#33;&#33;&#33; Wish it was next week http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif Also wish the anime had little more gore.. And what&#39;s up with the blood colour.. do ninja&#39;s have black blood or sumthing??????

astronut
Sun, 02-01-2004, 07:51 AM
i loved the ep, it was good, not great but it just starts the whole battle up&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif can&#39;t wait http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/p42d91f70e0a1213b09ee205904f7c9ca/f9d98248.jpg

DB_Hunter
Sun, 02-01-2004, 08:07 AM
I think the ep was really good. Nice balance of fighting and talking.... though the Iruka scene was uncessary. I suppose they have to synchronise the eps so easch milestone happens in a new ep.

Shikai
Sun, 02-01-2004, 09:11 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Karasu @ Feb 1 2004, 02:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Gemma or Genma whatever Krbadass said..

When hokage tells the guy with scars or whatever in the face to go down and inform genma/gemma about the situation about Sasuke beeing late and all that. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Gemma is from Ninja Scroll http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif Not naruto http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif

boomorman
Sun, 02-01-2004, 09:43 AM
I&#39;m gald we got to see a little bit of Gai in action. I&#39;m hoping in the next Ep Gai and Kakashi will spank some high lvl sand and sound nins.

Neotracker
Sun, 02-01-2004, 12:04 PM
Has anybody noticed the cursed seals on the heads of the snakes??
They have been summoned by sand nins, hows that possible??

kimunist
Sun, 02-01-2004, 12:34 PM
i think genma is just a popular name =P

Kagari
Sun, 02-01-2004, 01:04 PM
haha assasin, I agree. I want to see them do some cool jutsu&#39;a, too....imagine what hokage might be able to do.... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif

Suzuki Fanboy
Sun, 02-01-2004, 01:04 PM
One of my favorite episodes so far. It makes me anxious for the next episodes, and was cool enough to make me watch it like 8 times.

Genma is going to pwn, so are Kakashi and Gai. I can&#39;t wait to see Hokage/Oro, and Sasuke tracking the 3 sand nin&#39;s, and Sakura, Naruto, and Shikamaru&#39;s A-Rank mission http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif:D:D:D

Hatake Kakashi
Sun, 02-01-2004, 01:07 PM
the best stuff is still yet to come.

This episode expanded on the manga quite a bit, I wouldn&#39;t call it filler, it just let us in the know more.

Like we didn&#39;t really see those ninjas throwing shurkiens or blowing fire on those snakes invading the west gate. We saw them break though, but then it cut back to the stadium a few panels later.

Also, I like how they make the ANBU look all cool in this episode.

Kagari
Mon, 02-02-2004, 02:06 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Uchiha-Itachi @ Feb 2 2004, 08:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
But i have to agree Hokage got caught easily though.. he should have done kawarimi-no-jutsu or Kage-bunshin-no-jutsu to prevent being caught by Orochimaru.

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Remember though, catching Orochimaru offguard with a Kawarimi is not as easy as it seems&#33; They are both high class ninjas, obviously, and pulling off tricks like that wouldn&#39;t be easy vs. oro&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

itsgalf
Mon, 02-02-2004, 02:51 AM
Hatake Kakashi....I believe you&#39;re spoiling in your post. Edit: nvm, it got taken care of,

Mgslee
Mon, 02-02-2004, 02:58 AM
Genma is a Jounin unlike Hayate who was a chuunin ... it&#39;ll be cool if we actually see him doing anything...

what erks me is that guy with the hokage was also a jounin and he died like nothing... booo.... (Well i think hes a Jounin any way since he was part of that meeting the hokage had with all the jounins)

The reason they are using kunai&#39;s and Shryikens instead of ninjutsu is that its just faster to do... doing a bunch of seals in the middle of a big battle is gonna get you killed.

Raven
Mon, 02-02-2004, 02:58 AM
yes itsgalf, good point. Post edited.

Krbadass
Mon, 02-02-2004, 03:20 AM
I think the ep might have been a little slow and pointless.. well i guess not really.. it setup a few fights but 69 is sure to be awesome. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Hatake Kakashi
Mon, 02-02-2004, 04:10 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itsgalf @ Feb 2 2004, 01:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hatake Kakashi....I believe you&#39;re spoiling in your post. Edit: nvm, it got taken care of, </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
What did I say that was a spoiler?

I can&#39;t remember typing anything related to the outcome of the situation.

Nara Shikamaru
Mon, 02-02-2004, 05:11 AM
if shino fights kank who you think will win? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Orion Guardian
Mon, 02-02-2004, 05:28 AM
itsgalf: before u pointed out it was a spoiler, I thought it was just a hope/guess from Hayatate Kakashi...thx for that baka....

a_nevels666
Mon, 02-02-2004, 08:49 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mgslee &#064; Feb 2 2004, 02:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> what erks me is that guy with the hokage was also a jounin and he died like nothing... booo.... (Well i think hes a Jounin any way since he was part of that meeting the hokage had with all the jounins)

* Warning: Very minor spoiler *
<span style='color:#D6DBE0'>
1. That guy is a jounin.

2. He is not dead, just injured.</span>
* End of Spoiler

Nara Shikamaru
Mon, 02-02-2004, 08:54 AM
nevel you didn&#39;t do that font thing i can see both messages

Orion Guardian
Mon, 02-02-2004, 08:56 AM
hmm use the &quot;spoiler&quot; font....

Uchiha-Itachi
Mon, 02-02-2004, 09:31 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mgslee &#064; Feb 2 2004, 01:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Genma is a Jounin unlike Hayate who was a chuunin ... it&#39;ll be cool if we actually see him doing anything...

what erks me is that guy with the hokage was also a jounin and he died like nothing... booo.... (Well i think hes a Jounin any way since he was part of that meeting the hokage had with all the jounins)

The reason they are using kunai&#39;s and Shryikens instead of ninjutsu is that its just faster to do... doing a bunch of seals in the middle of a big battle is gonna get you killed. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Hayate is a jounin also, if im not mistaken... but was overclassed by Baki and i hope Gemma is going to hand him his ass. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_jumpon.gif

And for the bodyguard of Hokage that got killed &quot;easily&quot; i doubt he&#39;s Konoha&#39;s best ninja... well 2nd best since Hokage is better http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

And for all the ninja&#39;s from konoha using fire jutsu isn&#39;t that special either since Konoha village is in the fire country http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

But i have to agree Hokage got caught easily though.. he should have done kawarimi-no-jutsu or Kage-bunshin-no-jutsu to prevent being caught by Orochimaru.

just my 2cc http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

p.s yay 200 posts http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif and im still genin http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

Vylin
Mon, 02-02-2004, 10:32 AM
honestly...i thought that episode was crap. it sets up TOO much stuff to happen in the next 15 episodes. i guess i say it&#39;s crap cause now i have to wait to see how everything pans out and if my predictions are right.

as for the other posts...
i don&#39;t think the Hokage got caught off guard on purpose. He&#39;s old, yes. but that just means that he&#39;s been around the block, shed a lot of blood, and taken a lot of friggen heads... he knows how to handle himself whether he&#39;s up against Oro or god himself.

Gai looks and acts a lot like bruce lee cause he&#39;s modeled after Bruce Lee

and i don&#39;t know if it was the second of the third post, but i totally agree with you. I want to see Naruto summon that big ass frog. You know he can make heads roll, but knowing Naruto... he&#39;ll forget he even has that ability (just like he forgot aobut the Demon Fox chakara until his was sealed up). sadly, don&#39;t think we&#39;ll be seeing the frog for a while. First time i saw him was in episode 1 in the intro (the 4th was riding him when he sealed the Demon Fox). and the next wasn&#39;t until right before the final matches.

Naruto&#39;s mission... i think it&#39;s to find and assist Sauske. it&#39;s gotta be, they&#39;ve been a team since the beginning. no reason for that to change now.

And all you manga readers... plz don&#39;t spoil my predictions. i even enjoy being wrong when it comes to this series

Hatake Kakashi
Mon, 02-02-2004, 10:48 AM
I still want to know what you guys say I spoiled...

I don&#39;t remember typing in any spoilers as to the outcome of this situation....

PM me about it.

Xollence
Mon, 02-02-2004, 12:17 PM
What level do you think all the ninjas that are fighting are at? They seem to die rather quickly. And where is Hinata&#39;s dad and those 2 examiners?

Hatake Kakashi
Mon, 02-02-2004, 12:19 PM
The ones fighting off the invaders are a mix of Chuunin and Jounin. Ibiki of course is a Special Jounin.

Don&#39;t worry, your question about Hinata&#39;s dad and the examiners will be answered later on.

Karasu
Mon, 02-02-2004, 01:47 PM
Yeah Gemma is the badass from ninja scroll. But I cant remember what he said Gemma or Genma or something like that..

And yeesh larz its Karasu *points to name* http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif his puppet..

Everon
Tue, 02-03-2004, 02:31 AM
I wonder why they want to wake up Shikamaru and not any of the others. Perhaps Shika&#39;s shown his skill, but Ino, Choji and Tenten could lend a hand can&#39;t they?

rEkKaShInObI
Tue, 02-03-2004, 02:45 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Everon @ Feb 3 2004, 01:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I wonder why they want to wake up Shikamaru and not any of the others. Perhaps Shika&#39;s shown his skill, but Ino, Choji and Tenten could lend a hand can&#39;t they? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
They only want Naruto and Shikamaru, but you made a good point. Should have woken up all the Genins and whoop some Sound/Sand ass&#33;&#33;

Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 02-03-2004, 02:52 AM
The rest of the Gennins would be dead before they took one step out of the stadium. They were better off asleep. The only other person who could handle himself would probably be Neji, and he is probably still receiving medical treatment.

I think they woke up Shikamaru because they realized sending Naruto and Sakura out there all alone would be like sending Jessica Simpson to the store to pick up a can of tuna.

Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 02-03-2004, 03:20 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orion Guardian @ Feb 3 2004, 07:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [QUOTE=Vylin,Feb 2 2004, 10:32 PM]
and his mission...in some case I connect this dog with &quot;Sennin&quot; just intuition of mine http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif, don&#39;t know why could be totally wrong but I think Naruto should find Jirayia, or maybe this other Sennin I forgot the name of [again]

Think back to Wave Country, or go watch the episode where Haku gets stabbed by Kakashi.

itsgalf
Tue, 02-03-2004, 03:44 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orion Guardian @ Feb 2 2004, 04:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> itsgalf: before u pointed out it was a spoiler, I thought it was just a hope/guess from Hayatate Kakashi...thx for that baka.... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
well he said he read the manga...anyone who pays attention to detail would see that it is sort of a spoiler even though unintentional. I didn&#39;t want it to happen to others so I posted that. Plus, you didn&#39;t have to highlight the &quot;why he spoiled&quot;....baka

Orion Guardian
Tue, 02-03-2004, 04:01 AM
You think it is one of Kakashis summoned dogs?

Silencer
Tue, 02-03-2004, 04:17 AM
I saw this coming along time ago.....i cant wait till 69 comes out..

Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 02-03-2004, 04:19 AM
From the Wave Country manga arc, since I don&#39;t have screencaps of the anime.

http://www.geocities.com/jumpmanjason/17.txt ('http://www.geocities.com/jumpmanjason/17.txt')

http://www.geocities.com/jumpmanjason/18.txt ('http://www.geocities.com/jumpmanjason/18.txt')

Click on those

I had to put them in txt since gecities sucks

Oh and by the way, watch the 3rd Ending, by Orange Day again.

Sasukeisoverated
Tue, 02-03-2004, 04:48 AM
ok before i get flamed for my nick, i just wanna say something. i it pisses the shit out of me when the main character of the show is made up to look like a second string character. its like the creator hates naruto too thats why he makes him look like shit when hes near sasuke. i mean any time naruto does any thing worthwhile sasuke is either knocked out or not there. WHAT THE HELL. well about the episode now&#33;&#33;&#33; did you notice that bug guy, he just stood there, do you think hes going to do something cool or is he just piss scared.

mode7
Tue, 02-03-2004, 05:31 AM
shino es gonna do something... im so curious about this character... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

Nara Shikamaru
Tue, 02-03-2004, 06:06 AM
i bet you shino is gunna follow sasuke. the episode shows shino seeing that sasuke left, thus i think kank vs shino will happen afterall. they only woke naruto and shikamaru cuz ofcourse naruto can handle it but shikamaru&#39;s mind is at chuunin level (i don&#39;t care what you say&#33;&#33; he&#39;s cool&#33;) and since sometimes naruto doesn&#39;t think, shikamaru could tell him what to do. shika will probably have to take care of sakura also &gt;_&gt;

and about the naruto looking bad when he&#39;s around sasuke. what i think is that sasuke is the best rookie and naruto is nothing compared to sasuke.

1. naruto will succeed even though he isn&#39;t as great in the beginning
2. it shows how naruto will exceed and improve since the times he was compared to sasuke. i.e. the &quot;scaredy cat&quot; phrase first said by sasuke, it shows how naruto improved. just my 2 cents http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif (i don&#39;t read the manga everything i say is theory&#33;)

Orion Guardian
Tue, 02-03-2004, 08:10 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vylin &#064; Feb 2 2004, 10:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
and i don&#39;t know if it was the second of the third post, but i totally agree with you. I want to see Naruto summon that big ass frog. You know he can make heads roll, but knowing Naruto... he&#39;ll forget he even has that ability (just like he forgot aobut the Demon Fox chakara until his was sealed up). sadly, don&#39;t think we&#39;ll be seeing the frog for a while. First time i saw him was in episode 1 in the intro (the 4th was riding him when he sealed the Demon Fox). and the next wasn&#39;t until right before the final matches.

Naruto&#39;s mission... i think it&#39;s to find and assist Sauske. it&#39;s gotta be, they&#39;ve been a team since the beginning. no reason for that to change now.

Naruto did 0 not forget about Kyuubi he simply did never know about it...he first hears about kyuubi when mizuki tells him, but he did not tell him that there is Kyuubis chakra available, so Naruto ould not know that untilo Jirayia told him about it.

And his mission...in some case I connect this dog with &quot;Sennin&quot; just intuition of mine http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif, don&#39;t know why could be totally wrong but I think Naruto should find Jirayia, or maybe this other Sennin I forgot the name of [again]

itsgalf: Its some kind of selfprotection not to read such &quot;im a manga reader&quot; because that is another way not to get spoiled at once when u read. There is a &quot;report&quot; button for some reason uber-baka

rEkKaShInObI
Tue, 02-03-2004, 01:27 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hatake Kakashi @ Feb 3 2004, 01:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> The rest of the Gennins would be dead before they took one step out of the stadium. They were better off asleep. The only other person who could handle himself would probably be Neji, and he is probably still receiving medical treatment.

I think they woke up Shikamaru because they realized sending Naruto and Sakura out there all alone would be like sending Jessica Simpson to the store to pick up a can of tuna. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I guess your right. Kyubi Naruto will survive, but sakura will need protecting (again)

RockLee
Wed, 02-04-2004, 04:25 AM
nOt a good one... but a real great one to keep us in suspend... AGREE? don&#39;t you guys have the URGH To get the 69

itsgalf
Wed, 02-04-2004, 04:49 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orion Guardian @ Feb 3 2004, 07:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> itsgalf: Its some kind of selfprotection not to read such &quot;im a manga reader&quot; because that is another way not to get spoiled at once when u read. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
The only problem is he mentioned &quot;in the manga&quot; after he already said the &quot;semi-spoiler&quot;

Nara Shikamaru
Wed, 02-04-2004, 04:53 AM
suspense and yes i want that damn ep69&#33;&#33;

damn straight i explained it all rleland http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

rleland
Wed, 02-04-2004, 05:00 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sasukeisoverated @ Feb 3 2004, 03:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ok before i get flamed for my nick, i just wanna say something. i it pisses the shit out of me when the main character of the show is made up to look like a second string character. its like the creator hates naruto too thats why he makes him look like shit when hes near sasuke. i mean any time naruto does any thing worthwhile sasuke is either knocked out or not there. WHAT THE HELL. well about the episode now&#33;&#33;&#33; did you notice that bug guy, he just stood there, do you think hes going to do something cool or is he just piss scared. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
love your nick man
dont worry naruto will get his chance to shine too

and nara shikamaru&#39;s points are very good =p i was wondering how to explain what they were doing with sasuke but after reading his post again i realized he said it all

did i mention this ep rocks? can&#39;t wait for the next one
i hope we get some hokage-oro action ^^

Death BOO Z
Wed, 02-04-2004, 05:11 AM
The anbu in white is probably Anko, it just seems to be so...

Kunais are knives, they are great for mass fighting, if you stick a knife inside somone deep enough you kill him.

Neji used Kunais becuase Naruto pulled out a kunai and becuase naruto was too fast he had to block rather than dodge, and to block a blade you need an equally strong object, Neji&#39;s fighting style isn&#39;t fit to fight against chackra monsters, it&#39;s like in RK when Sano and Enji started throwing their super punch at each other all the time, it&#39;s a one hit wonder. if it works for the first time, it seriously damages the enemy and leaves him half dead, if it hits and fails, it&#39;ll continue to fail.

Knives, however, cut through the skin and hurt inch by inch...

BTW: the two sand bodyguards weren&#39;t even sand, they were the four sound purple flame barrier team, the one&#39;s who are surronding the Hokage&#092;Oro fight.

THIS POST WAS SPOILER_FREE, even though i&#39;m a manga reader.

TeLeKiNeSiS
Wed, 02-04-2004, 08:09 AM
the thing about kunai&#39;s though...err&#33; they seem to use them so much as compared to jutsus...other than the fire stuff. but then in earlier episodes people were hit by kunais and barely got hurt...now they are being hit by like 2 or 3 and its instant death http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Anime_KickBoxer
Wed, 02-04-2004, 08:40 AM
It&#39;s all in the user... if he&#39;s weak, his attack will be weak. If he has strength, skill, his attack will do more damage... also the issue with critical points. A knife in the arm won&#39;t hurt as much as a knife in the heart.

rleland
Wed, 02-04-2004, 08:58 AM
their quick, they probably have alot of them, and they can do alot of damage if aimed correctly and thrown with enough force
what more can you wish for?

as opposed to that a jutsu might take longer to preform and leave them weaker and more vulnerable

maybe they can&#39;t just all whip out a jutsu in the flash of an eye =p
jutsus seem more to be a supportive kind of fighting
jutsus are rarely the main weapon
except gaara&#39;s but his isn&#39;t a weapon, his sand is more of an extension of himself

of course i realize there are probably jutsus (like the chidori) which could be used in those situations but i dont have a problem understanding why they&#39;d use kunai instead

kimunist
Wed, 02-04-2004, 09:01 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TeLeKiNeSiS @ Feb 4 2004, 07:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> the thing about kunai&#39;s though...err&#33; they seem to use them so much as compared to jutsus...other than the fire stuff. but then in earlier episodes people were hit by kunais and barely got hurt...now they are being hit by like 2 or 3 and its instant death http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
well, its now a war, and the people using them are stronger ninjas, maybe it just hurts more...

and they hit critical spots too.

dont diss the kunai.

i liked this episode, except the fact it was the starter of the war so this episode was kinda scattered and such.

the white anbu member i HIGHLY doubt is anko

she isnt anbu...

ibiki is, but you know where he is.

i think the person in white is just the anbu captain at the arena...

Suzuki Fanboy
Wed, 02-04-2004, 10:13 AM
A Kunai in real life generally wasn&#39;t used for fighting. It was basically the &quot;utility knife&quot; of the ninja, some didn&#39;t even have sharp edges.

I think it&#39;s cool they&#39;re showing alternative uses for it by fighting with it all the time. Pretty sweet, if you ask me.

Noir
Wed, 02-04-2004, 10:32 AM
I totally loved episode 68, a very evened out episode. Alot of suprises, didn&#39;t know that Kazege (SP?) was just Ochimara (SP? again.. yeah I know) in disguise.

I am hoping those snakes get stomped by our favourite frog with Naruto, and that Sasuke nails Gaara, and of course (maybe *crosses fingers*) the perveted hermit comes in to take on Ochimara (as much as I&#39;d like to see the hokage fight, you can&#39;t beat a perveted hermit lol).

The Kyubi Naruto
Wed, 02-04-2004, 10:46 AM
It was a great ep&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/cool.gif
I wonder why no one mentioned the white cloaked ANBU member. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif
He was probably an ANBU captain or something. It was so cool. Even if we didn&#39;t see him much. Good music, &quot;get out of my way&quot;, and he kills the two sand nins easily. Perhaps the music did it, but I think that was one of the best parts of that ep&#33;
Everything else has been said, no need to add anything more (by me).

WAveOfFire
Wed, 02-04-2004, 10:52 AM
By naruto or that ecchi (pervert) teacher frog http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif

TeLeKiNeSiS
Wed, 02-04-2004, 10:59 AM
oh dont get me wrong, im not dissing the kunai or anything, its just like..at first look it seemed a little overused...but hey, i love it too. esp the exploding kunai...creative idea...kinda like missles if you ask me, eh? and as for that white anbu...i personally think he&#39;s pretty cool...leadership and his skills...damn. no one can beat that..haha. all the anbu look pretty crazy to me. ah i cant get enough of em.

Hatake Kakashi
Wed, 02-04-2004, 11:09 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death BOO Z @ Feb 4 2004, 04:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> The anbu in white is probably Anko, it just seems to be so...

She has one hell of a deep voice then.....

I don&#39;t think it was her because she isn&#39;t technically in the ANBU. We don&#39;t really even know what she does, other than being the #2 Hyper Active Ninja in Konoha.

z0diac
Wed, 02-04-2004, 12:59 PM
nice ep but i have one kind of big complaint...

Anyone else found it kinda stupid and untruthful that suddenly kunai became such powerful tools? I mean i know they are strong special ninjas but come on&#33; to kill those guys so easily with a little kunai? thats a little too much.
Hokage&#39;s body guard dude has to be strong if he is his bodyguard and he just gets killed by 3 kunais http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Couldnt they think of something more original, like special sand or sound techniques to kill guys off and not just little kunais? the kunai in naruto is foggy all around. like in naruto vs neji - neji is has a special fighting style but when naruto gets close he pulls out a kunai http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif
just find it weird ... love naruto http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif