PDA

View Full Version : Do everybody have a Demon??

sangai
Sat, 01-31-2004, 02:01 AM
most likly there in a differnt plain of existance similar to gama bunta its just kyubi was strong enough to get free

thats why i assume that they arn't seen more often

to tell the truth no one knows where there at

jing
Sat, 01-31-2004, 02:07 AM
no, I do not think there is a demon in each village.

Hatake Kakashi
Sat, 01-31-2004, 02:09 AM
I do remember hearing about 9, but more than likely some are still wondering the planet or are in hiding.

I knowthe Ninetales is on of the mythical beasts in Japanese mythology. There are a few more like the White Tiger, Blue Dragon, Red Phoenix, and Green Turtle. You probably saw them in Yu Yu Hakusho or if you play the Last Blade fighting games from SNK. They are more like gods than beasts though, but I think they would fit into Naruto fairly well.

Nine Tailed Demon
Sat, 01-31-2004, 03:07 AM
?????

I remember hearing 9 but who knows.......well besides 'moto

PSJ
Sat, 01-31-2004, 03:10 AM
no every country does not have a demon if they would have they had naruto would have been concidered a saint rather than a demon. think of it like this if mist village had a demon and their demon user was an adult who could control his demon perfectly leaf village would need naruto to control kyubi perfectly to be able to fight them.

i would like to read japanese mythology. it sounds very interesting.

pavi
Sat, 01-31-2004, 03:13 AM
the dragon,pheonix,tiger and turtle

those 4 gods are used alot (digimon season 2 and 3)
wasnt it sumthing like each god has a seperate location in japan (north,south, etc) and their duty was to protect japan from evil spirits?

EDIT: also, the akusutki (sp?). i believe there were 9(?) members in that orginaztion. my guess is the reason there are 9 is either b/c it relates to the fact the kyuubi has 9 tails or that there are 9 demons in the naruto world and so each member would get 1 demon (when the war was over, kisame says sumthing like: "gaara has already left" meanin they might be after him too)

sangai
Sat, 01-31-2004, 03:25 AM
he was simply stating a fact that gaara was gone and that they wouldn't have to deal with him

PSJ
Sat, 01-31-2004, 03:25 AM
if someone knows a site where i can read about these 9 god-like animals i would really appreciate it.

Hotsuma
Sat, 01-31-2004, 03:37 AM
Don't you know? Having a hidden demon power is what's in nowadays in shounen series.

PSJ
Sat, 01-31-2004, 04:41 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hotsuma @ Jan 31 2004, 08:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Don&#39;t you know? Having a hidden demon power is what&#39;s in nowadays in shounen series. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
what other shounen mangas(thats manga for boys right since shounen means boy or kid or something) do the main character have a demon?

Vagabond
Sat, 01-31-2004, 08:50 AM
I think there has to be more than one demon in the naruto world. Not one for every country but maybe like 3 or 4. That may explain why only two akatsuki members were after Naruto, maybe the rest are somewhere else looking for another demon. Whats weeird to me is that everyone now seems to be able to summon an animal. Naruto, Yondaime, and Jiraiya: Frogs, Tsunade: Slugs, Orochimaru: Snakes, Tayuya: Those weird freak things, Kidumaru: Spiders, Gai: I assume a turtle, Kakashi: Dogs, Sandaime: Monkeys. There are probably more that I can&#39;t think of right now. But the point is that it is kinda gay now that a bunch of people can summon things.

Raven
Sat, 01-31-2004, 08:57 AM
I think there&#39;s a part of the kyubi mythology where the demon would disguise itself in human form, usually as a female I believe. So that&#39;s probably where all the others of the 9 are, walking among us in human form. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

PSJ
Sat, 01-31-2004, 09:13 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VagabondLBD @ Feb 1 2004, 01:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I think there has to be more than one demon in the naruto world. Not one for every country but maybe like 3 or 4. That may explain why only two akatsuki members were after Naruto, maybe the rest are somewhere else looking for another demon. Whats weeird to me is that everyone now seems to be able to summon an animal. Naruto, Yondaime, and Jiraiya: Frogs, Tsunade: Slugs, Orochimaru: Snakes, Tayuya: Those weird freak things, Kidumaru: Spiders, Gai: I assume a turtle, Kakashi: Dogs, Sandaime: Monkeys. There are probably more that I can&#39;t think of right now. But the point is that it is kinda gay now that a bunch of people can summon things. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
summoning as an advanced ninja skill its not weid if advanced ninjas could summon things. but that monkey summon is actually King Enma the lord of the underworld. Enma is the lord of the underworld in japan.

Hotsuma
Sat, 01-31-2004, 11:09 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya @ Jan 31 2004, 04:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hotsuma &#064; Jan 31 2004, 08:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Don&#39;t you know? Having a hidden demon power is what&#39;s in nowadays in shounen series. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
what other shounen mangas(thats manga for boys right since shounen means boy or kid or something) do the main character have a demon? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Well, not completely demons, per se. But in the sense, that the protagonist has some special power he or she can reply on, to win battles, no matter what kind of a pinch they&#39;re in. Most of the time, anyways.

Flame of Recca : He has the dragons. This kinda pops up out of nowhere.

Dragon Ball Z : Yeah.. he&#39;s a Saiyajin. And, who wins in the end? Saiyajins, through sheer power.

Yuyu Hakusho : He&#39;s an S-ranked demon (this is the highest rank of a demon in the makai).

Ikkitousen : Hakufu has some &quot;hidden power&quot; that has everybody cringing in fear. (Though, she does lose a fight, later on with this power, to an opponent with a broken arm)

Vagabond
Sat, 01-31-2004, 11:19 AM
The guy in yuyu hakusho is a demon? I haven&#39;t seen the whole thing but I though he was just a normal human.

But i think you got your point across and I agree with you. Thats why I like to see anime&#39;s where the main character doesn&#39;t have some kind of special powers that he/she had since birth.

TwisT
Sat, 01-31-2004, 01:19 PM
Well Naruto has a Fox and what i have understand fire and foxes often goes hand in hand (actually i have only seen it once, Pokemon and Kyubi looks like he is on fire).. And Gaara had a Sand demon.. Do the other countrys also have a demon that has resemblens to the countrys specialty?? And also i think i read somewhere that there was 7 demons.. I think someone said that about Gaaras demon that it was one of the seven demons.. And there was 7 countys right?? before sound that has resently been made..

sangai
Sat, 01-31-2004, 01:40 PM
first of gaara&#39;s shukaku is not a demon in the since that its not one of the 9 souma he is a sand incarnation of a priest sealed inside of a teakettle

no the other villages do not have demons sealed inside them and it wouldn&#39;t matter cause naruto would be the strongest of them all

TwisT
Sat, 01-31-2004, 01:58 PM
There was 9 of them?? I did not mean that there was sealed but there have to be somewhere.. I mean where are they?? Do they roam free?? Do diffrent ppl have them sealed inside them?? They cant really all be dead can they?? I think they are all alive in some way..

JusDaMan
Sun, 02-01-2004, 02:20 AM
I remember reading somewhere there was like alot of japanese demons
Hannya
Hitotsune Kozo
Kappa
Kodama
Tatari Gami
Tengu
Rokurokubi
Watever the true name of 9 tails

That would be hot though if all of the village had their own demons&#33; Free for all Godzilla style&#33; hahahaha OH ANOTHER DEMON&#33; GODZILLA&#33; (no disrespect)

The white tiger, blue dragon, pheonix, and black turtle is part of chinese myths I think... Fushigi Yuugi is a anime based on that. they r gods and not demons.

Arctyc
Sun, 02-01-2004, 02:36 AM
There&#39;s demons, and then there&#39;s Demons.

As other posters have mentioned, the Kitsune (Kyubi no Yoko) sealed inside Naruto is one of a very few major demons (Youma) with immense power.

I liked the slight nod to Journey to the West with the Nyaibo form of Enma; though I could be missing an even more obscure reference in there somewhere...

The following article contains a short passage about some of the Shinto mythology, including parts about Tanuki (Shuukaku, presumably) &amp; Kitsune (Kyuubi), along with bits and pieces about other animals associated with certain traits (snakes &amp; evil). As well as an interesting part on the meaning of Sennin.
http://www.asianart.com/articles/rubin/ ('http://www.asianart.com/articles/rubin/')

Further results can be found by searching for Shinto mythology.

_Sasuke_
Sun, 02-01-2004, 04:34 AM
I would like to see more persons with demons, wonder how they would be and how their character is, mayb a superevil dude with a demon whom naruto has to fight http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

AlbinoFury
Sun, 02-01-2004, 05:48 AM
im theorizing that sakura has something sealed in her too, namely a worthless pile of crap, that would explain so much.

sangai
Sun, 02-01-2004, 06:28 AM
she has kyubis demonic turd sealed in her it constantly makes her suck

aeturnum
Sun, 02-01-2004, 06:31 AM
On the subject of these &quot;trump cards,&quot; I think it should be pointed at that, although these traits allow main characters out of seeming disaster, they are more like double edged swords in that they possess a downside.
Flame of Recca - The dragons present Recca with the challenge to master them. If he fails he dies. This is pretty standard anime fare: hero must train and discipline himself in order to overcome the forces of evil and so on... (also, the dragons are explained, so &quot;out of nowhere&quot; is a little unfair)
Dragon Ball Z - Yeah this one really is a trump card. The part about training and discipline etc still applies, but I don&#39;t really like DBZ anyway.
Yuyu Hakusho - Haven&#39;t seen it, so can&#39;t really talk about it.
Ikkitousen - the &quot;power&quot; is her destiny stone thing (Magatama) and yes, it does win fights for her. But it also dooms her to die at the hands of the one who is the reincarnate form of her killer from a past life (it sounds convoluted, but it isn&#39;t really). On her own, Hakufu is beaten pretty badly until she decides to train, upholding the same trend.
Naruto - the downsides to having a demon inside of you? Well, first off...it&#39;s a demon...inside of you. Also, he is shunned by the village people. The fox&#39;s power is also difficult to control and use. The solution? Training, discipline, pervert sennins.
There is a trend throughout most of these series, but I&#39;d say it&#39;s slightly less one-sided than Hotsuma put it.

Uzumaki Kakashi
Sun, 02-01-2004, 06:41 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VagabondLBD @ Jan 31 2004, 07:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I think there has to be more than one demon in the naruto world. Not one for every country but maybe like 3 or 4. That may explain why only two akatsuki members were after Naruto, maybe the rest are somewhere else looking for another demon. Whats weeird to me is that everyone now seems to be able to summon an animal. Naruto, Yondaime, and Jiraiya: Frogs, Tsunade: Slugs, Orochimaru: Snakes, Tayuya: Those weird freak things, Kidumaru: Spiders, Gai: I assume a turtle, Kakashi: Dogs, Sandaime: Monkeys. There are probably more that I can&#39;t think of right now. But the point is that it is kinda gay now that a bunch of people can summon things. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
as long as the summons are cool, i dont mind, i actually like them. as long as like not everyone gets one like konohamru doenst then im happy

Hatake Kakashi
Sun, 02-01-2004, 06:41 AM
I think that Enma is also the Sarutobi family summoning creature. Since Saru means ape or monkey or whatever.

I hope that Asuma or Konohamaru get him later. He would make a good support unit.

PSJ
Sun, 02-01-2004, 08:10 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hatake Kakashi @ Feb 1 2004, 11:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I think that Enma is also the Sarutobi family summoning creature. Since Saru means ape or monkey or whatever.

I hope that Asuma or Konohamaru get him later. He would make a good support unit. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
i dont think the manga will go on to the point konohamaru is strong enough to use king enma. and i dont think asuma is strong enoug either. but it would be cool to see him again tho. and i want some new summons to show i hope itachi can summon some badass creature.

Immortal Boner
Sun, 02-01-2004, 11:01 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hotsuma @ Feb 1 2004, 01:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> In the RK anime, once he gets his ougi, everything becomes a one-hit wonder. Especially after Shishio.

When in doubt, use the ougi. It&#39;ll always win. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Come to think of it, it really is cheap. Well I&#39;m out of ideas for mian characters without trump cards.

samsonlonghair
Sun, 02-01-2004, 11:38 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JusDaMan @ Feb 1 2004, 01:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I remember reading somewhere there was like alot of japanese demons
Hannya
Hitotsune Kozo
Kappa
Kodama
Tatari Gami
Tengu
Rokurokubi
Watever the true name of 9 tails

The white tiger, blue dragon, pheonix, and black turtle is part of chinese myths I think... Fushigi Yuugi is a anime based on that. they r gods and not demons. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
There are also countless different bakemono. That&#39;s because whenever anyone dies they have the potential to become a spirit or even a minor diety. At the time when the Shinto legends were put down on scrolls it was estimated that there were eight million spirits wandering the earth.

Also, the four animals you mentioned is a very popular myth. The beasts help to chart the night sky and all the constellations therein. I could go on about it if anyone has any interest.

Immortal Boner
Sun, 02-01-2004, 01:28 PM
Wish I was a demon. I do have inner demons but that&#39;s a whole other can of worms.

Most main characters in anime have a powerup of some sort. The only character I can think of that doesn&#39;t fit this is Kenshin. Then again his technique is pretty good in it&#39;s own right.

Hotsuma
Sun, 02-01-2004, 01:36 PM
In the RK anime, once he gets his ougi, everything becomes a one-hit wonder. Especially after Shishio.

When in doubt, use the ougi. It&#39;ll always win.

XwingRob
Mon, 02-02-2004, 03:15 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CmDr_RavEn @ Jan 31 2004, 07:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I think there&#39;s a part of the kyubi mythology where the demon would disguise itself in human form, usually as a female I believe. So that&#39;s probably where all the others of the 9 are, walking among us in human form. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Heh, probaly.
Also because of that part of mythology I suspect Kyuubi might possibly be Naruto&#39;s mother.

XwingRob
Mon, 02-02-2004, 03:17 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sangai sakusei &#064; Jan 31 2004, 02:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> he was simply stating a fact that gaara was gone and that they wouldn&#39;t have to deal with him </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Actually...there might be a slight mistranslation there. The translator&#39;s footnote says there weren&#39;t sure what the name was.
We will have to wait until the anime catches up to be sure.
But yeah he probaly did say Gaara since it would make sense.

PSJ
Mon, 02-02-2004, 04:46 AM
if anyone knows a deep story on the creature kyuubi is based on the kitsune.. i would like to hear it. all i know is that it grows new tails as it gets older and that the maximum is 9 tails which means that the kitsune is very strong and old.

sangai
Mon, 02-02-2004, 01:58 PM
please do

Winged Dancer
Tue, 02-03-2004, 10:05 AM
Of course all shounen anime/manga have characters with indredible powers. Thats the basis of all shounen manga... it&#39;d be like having a shoujo manga with no &quot;I - I like you&#33; From the first moment that I saw you&#33;&quot; and other romantic crap.

Supernatural powers that can only be mastered through hard work and determination (and pervert teachers, like someone else already pointed out) and, once mastered, almost assure victory are part of every shounen manga out there... that&#39;s probably why people like them.

Non-romantic/girly animes with no supernatural powers are seinen manga, by the way. So, for instance, Hikaru no Go has no superpowers, same goes for Boys Be, SaiKano, etc.

And, related to the Kyuubi no Kitsune...
&quot;Kitsune&quot; means fox, that&#39;s simple. &quot;Kyuu&quot; means nine and &quot;bi&quot; is &quot;Tails&quot;, so the name is pretty much obvious.
Now, the Kitsune are magical creatures from ancient Japan (I don&#39;t know if there&#39;s any different between the magical kitsune and the simple fox), they are suppossedly minor demons who usually like to play pranks on humans. They have the ability to look like a human, and usually the only sign that you are talking to a kitsu and not to a normal human is that they have their whiskers marked on their cheeks.

...so yep, if Konoha was Japan it would be damn obvious to everybody that Naruto was a kitsune/had one inside of him.

The kitsune also had marks around their wrist, these marks would vary from individual to individual but look the same to most humans.

It was said that the marriage ceremony of the kitsune was an affair of great importance to the entire magical realm... but if a human ever saw it, he&#39;d be shunned by every other being until he apologized to the Kitsu tribe and commited seppuku (honorable suicide).

Finally, the Kitsune would only gain a tail after a determined number of years - therefore, the number of tails would indicate how old and powerful the fox is. Nine is the max and can only be obtained once the demon turns 1000 years old.
According to Japanese folklore (or at least as far as I know), only one kitsune ever achieved the nine tails... though I don&#39;t know why.
So Naruto&#39;s story is quite true. Naruto has inside of him a demon older than most remaining demons alive... and more powerful, too.

There&#39;s also a second story related to the Kitsune tribe, but its far too complicated to write here...
Basically, it divides the word Kitsune into &quot;Ki&quot;, &quot;Tsu&quot;, &quot;Ne&quot;; and with certain Kanjis, that can be read as &quot;Come, Arrive (stay), Sleep&quot; and makes reference to a very old romantic legend of Japan. Wont go into detail unless anyone wants it, since I still have homework to do...