PDA

View Full Version : Will Rock Lee get better?

The Gentle Fist
Thu, 01-29-2004, 03:04 AM
I personally think that Rock Lee will get better, because you see him after his match and he's already training. Plus he manages to get to the main matches and everything except his left leg and arm are fine.

phreakatron
Thu, 01-29-2004, 03:17 AM
If he doesn't get better I will kill someone. I think he will become more determined than ever and train extra hard. I noticed he can squeeze a little bit with his broken arm... that makes me hope their is a chance his arm and leg will become usable again at some point if he works hard, and if anyone could do it, its him.

XwingRob
Thu, 01-29-2004, 03:53 AM
This topic does sorta attract spoilers but I will say this.
Real-life Bruce Lee had some sorta accident(I can't remember the details, sorry) that happened to him, and people said he would have to give up fighting. However he was able to make a complete recovery and was able to continue his career.
I think the same thing will happen to Rock Lee. And if it doesn't, I will be pissed.

Iznogoud
Thu, 01-29-2004, 03:58 AM
Don't post that kind of things if you expect no spoilers http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sleep.gif
anyway i'd agree with xwingrob ^^

Uzumaki Naruto
Thu, 01-29-2004, 04:02 AM
of course he will he has too, i mean if he doesnt i dont think that the dstory of naruto will go right so they better make him better if not, they shall burn in hell J/K http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

seds
Thu, 01-29-2004, 04:08 AM
Although I am a Rock Lee fan, I think it would be somewhat dissapointing if he could fight again. I'll probably get a lot of nasty replies to this, so those people can go screw themselves. A good anime has characters, but lets them go when the time is right. DBZ was murdered since the characters were repeatedly comming back to life, although that is a bit extreme considering were just talking about Rock Lee healing. Still, Rock Lee just doesn't have what it takes to keep up anymore. He is kind of like Sasuke without the ability to control chakra and no Sharingan. He left fighting a strong character, but if he attempts to fight again he will be outclassed repeatedly by fighters with some sort of innate ability. (ie. Naruto and Kyubi, Sasuke and sharingan, and Neji with byakugan)

The Gentle Fist
Thu, 01-29-2004, 04:19 AM
I think that he can beat people with innate abilities, because if you noticed in the episode that he uses the primary lotus, neji seems to be worried, 'cause even with his whirl defence he couldn't keep up with Lee's speed.

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 01-29-2004, 04:20 AM
I think he will make it http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Iznogoud
Thu, 01-29-2004, 04:24 AM
Yeah it's not like sasuke is an ordinary ninja...
And for naruto he's the one with the biggest potential i think...Lee could definitely beat shikamaru/chouji/kiba...etc and any of the rookies that attempted at the chuunin exam...even any genins i'd say, too bad for him he got to fight gaara, the insane freak !

The Gentle Fist
Thu, 01-29-2004, 04:40 AM
I think that Rock Lee could still beat Naruto, but I don't think that he could beat Sasuke just yet, he still needs to train. That is after he gets better.

RoMuLuu
Thu, 01-29-2004, 04:55 AM
I think that he definitely will heal. It would be so wrong and cruel if he wouldn't. That's because he hasn't yet made his dreams come true. Or well, should I say "dreams". Well, at least he said that proving that he can become a great ninja even without using ninja or illusionary technigues. And also he hasn't yet been able to defeat Neji, which has also been one of his goals. So I really hope and think that he'll get better. And if he won't, I'm going to start messing around http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Iznogoud
Thu, 01-29-2004, 05:36 AM
I don't THINK he could beat naruto...
he could crush his head on the floor and naruto wouldn't just die...he's in god mode lol!
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif
then he'd activate kyuubi mode and summon gamabunta which would eat lee alive http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

r3n
Thu, 01-29-2004, 05:37 AM
the whole of naruto seems to be about accomplishing dreams and overcoming difficulties along the way (ie. naruto), so i would be surprised if rock lee didnt get back on form.

Vagabond
Thu, 01-29-2004, 05:45 AM
He might get better but don't expect him to be as badass as before. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Koyuki
Thu, 01-29-2004, 05:53 AM
I hope he'll get better. Rock Lee is cool, and I like his ideal

Hero-Sennin
Thu, 01-29-2004, 06:02 AM
Im agreeing with Vagabond here :

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>He might get better but don&#39;t expect him to be as badass as before. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

He wont be at all as good. His arm and leg are fucked. He&#39;ll become a chuunin level sorta ninja, But I also agree with whoever it was who said that He should leave as a strong fighter. Because when you think about it. He&#39;s already &#39;mastered&#39; in his and Gai&#39;s words Taijutsu, so if Gai and Kakashi can keep up with him, he&#39;ll be bugered, whereas people with the ability to use ninjutsu and genjutsu have far greater capabilities for future. If Lee is already as good as it is possible to be at Taijutsu, he&#39;s not gonna get any harder. Before anyone says it, i know he can learn strategies, but thats only gonna go so far. I reckon he&#39;ll turn into a reject ninja and start training people or something. But, if I had my way, he&#39;d come back, fuck Sakura, have clever superfast super hard babies who can use chakra perfectly and then &#39;create&#39; his own army of mini Lee/Sakura Breeds. But at the same time, when someone beats all the mini Geji-Moyu&#39;s Lee would come storming out, and be able to open even more Gates but cope with it better than anyone. Maybe some metal limbs would be cool. like Kano off MK. Ah, well. Blabbing now

http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_mrt.gif they won&#39;t fucking listen http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_mrt.gif

P.s. - This is Hero Sennin Sober. Theres an empty baggy on my desk since last night. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Iznogoud
Thu, 01-29-2004, 06:23 AM
he hasnt mastered all forms of taijutsu...
He has mastered one form of taijutsu...
there are other like the drunk dance or whatever is the name(remember the movie with jackie chan ? )

Locked Heart
Thu, 01-29-2004, 06:49 AM
i believe that rock lee will heal as happened to bruce lee......
bruce lee got his back broken but he kept training even if the doctor said he couldn&#39;t practise martial arts anymore and he healed and became even stronger than before....... rock lee will get back at full potential, will learn more fighting styles and will kick asses even harder&#33;

Everon
Thu, 01-29-2004, 08:43 AM
A few things could happen after he gets better:

He learns strategies and goes the way of shikamaru - Works less, thinks more.
OR
He masters Taijutsu and becomes a super master sweet destructive dude.

The first one is 0% likely

rEkKaShInObI
Thu, 01-29-2004, 09:58 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (phreakatron @ Jan 29 2004, 02:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> If he doesn&#39;t get better I will kill someone. I think he will become more determined than ever and train extra hard. I noticed he can squeeze a little bit with his broken arm... that makes me hope their is a chance his arm and leg will become usable again at some point if he works hard, and if anyone could do it, its him. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
HELL YEA&#33;&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif IM GONNA KILL SOMEONE TO&#33;&#33;&#33;

Hero-Sennin
Thu, 01-29-2004, 10:26 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>he hasnt mastered all forms of taijutsu...
He has mastered one form of taijutsu...
there are other like the drunk dance or whatever is the name(remember the movie with jackie chan ? )</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Ok.I realise Im sober so i probably wont make any sense but Think aboot it, Drunken master was the film with Jackie Chan, and Its called drunken boxing, but still i think his current form of tai surpasses drunken boxing, by maybe.....a shitload.

Drunken boxing wouldnt really help, I agree he as only mastered one style but thats irrelevant with his speed, nobody can block his attacks (sand doesnt count, and even that (and neji,naruto sasuke etc) couldnt keep up with him after he took off his weights. The point is, he wont get any faster, maybe a little but not to the extent he will be able to pwn a jounin or a Sannin or a Hokage, other characters have the ability to develop more than he does. With his leg and arm he will most definately carry on as a ninja but he will be left behind.

http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_mrt.gif I aint goin on no damn plane foo&#39;. Naw man dont call Momma http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_mrt.gif

Vagabond
Thu, 01-29-2004, 10:51 AM
I dunno if this is a spoiler or not but his arm and leg aren&#39;t just broken. The bone is shattered. So that means his bone is in fragments. You can&#39;t recover from that and still be able to move as fast as he did before. That is unless they had todays technology. Even then it would be hard.

The Gentle Fist
Thu, 01-29-2004, 12:09 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hero-Sennin @ Jan 29 2004, 09:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Ok.I realise Im sober so i probably wont make any sense but Think aboot it, Drunken master was the film with Jackie Chan, and Its called drunken boxing, but still i think his current form of tai surpasses drunken boxing, by maybe.....a shitload.

Drunken boxing wouldnt really help, I agree he as only mastered one style but thats irrelevant with his speed, nobody can block his attacks (sand doesnt count, and even that (and neji,naruto sasuke etc) couldnt keep up with him after he took off his weights. The point is, he wont get any faster, maybe a little but not to the extent he will be able to pwn a jounin or a Sannin or a Hokage, other characters have the ability to develop more than he does. With his leg and arm he will most definately carry on as a ninja but he will be left behind.
</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I don&#39;t agree, there are still two more gates he needs to master, plus the 8th one, but if he uses that, he&#39;d die

The Gentle Fist
Thu, 01-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Sorry, I forgot to add this, but with each gate he opens, his strength and speed increase almost exponentially, so he could probably beat any of the geniuses eventually.

xtort
Thu, 01-29-2004, 12:27 PM
He could also tear his whole body apart if he opened another one, no? Your fist may turn into a nasty weapon at 200k/h, but whatever you hit hurts you a lot too&#33;
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_jumpon.gif

I hope that Lee beats this. Lots of people are for or against Lee; his personality seems to crystallize people&#39;s opinions that way. I think what makes him such a good character is that he’s going against all the odds, fighting against people with major advantages, fighting with major handicaps, and keeping up despite it. If you don’t think that’s the case, check out the episode where he was bouncing Gaara around a room like a bouncy-ball. There’s no other character in the series that could have done that, and the only thing that stopped his victory was a demon.

He’s gotta pull through&#33;

-xtortout

Ninetails00
Thu, 01-29-2004, 12:46 PM
Hmmmm I don&#39;t even want Rock Lee to get better http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif Whats the point anyway..?Saskue could easily beat Rock Lee now.Hmmm the battle against Gaara was awesome but..I still dont want Rock Lee to get better&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

-ANBU-Sasuke-
Thu, 01-29-2004, 12:49 PM
Well, the doctor did say that his muscles were too damged, his bones have shattered. And yes to you admins they did say this in the anime already.

Physicaly-Impossible.
Mentaly-Impossible.
For Rock Lee- ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. Well im not too sure, they did say that he will never be able to fight agian. So who knows.?

rEkKaShInObI
Fri, 01-30-2004, 02:18 AM
ROCK LEE WILL BE BACK&#33; AND WITH A VENGEANCE TO KILL GAARA&#33;&#33;

True_strengh
Fri, 01-30-2004, 02:31 AM
i dont think they will continue so much with lee beacuse he has been beated so he has to wait for the next year to become a chunin ...well well thats just what i think

Darknight
Fri, 01-30-2004, 02:34 AM
I think it very unlikely that Rock Lee will recover.
I mean, think of it this way: We had that little scare with Kakashi using his sharingan too much, Hinata almost died, and The sound nin had his arms torn apart... yet they all seemed fairly fine. Kakashi took a few days to recover, Hinata held herself well, despite going into a coughing fit. And the sound nin battled shino despite his obvious disability&#33;

Rock Lee has been in the hospital. Barely able to move. The most he had really done has been to hobble around, bleed, and get depressed.
By comparison everyone else had an astounding recovery. The way it drags out either points at an amazing recovery... or a ending to Lee&#39;s career.

Don&#39;t get me wrong, I like Rock Lee.. but if you look at the facts this way, his future doesn&#39;t look too bright.

Harageki
Fri, 01-30-2004, 03:38 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Rock Lee has been in the hospital. Barely able to move. The most he had really done has been to hobble around, bleed, and get depressed.
By comparison everyone else had an astounding recovery. The way it drags out either points at an amazing recovery... or a ending to Lee&#39;s career.

Don&#39;t get me wrong, I like Rock Lee.. but if you look at the facts this way, his future doesn&#39;t look too bright. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Things are different in Rock lee`s case - his whole life has been a struggle. Its no accident hes being made to suffer this long, its just a part of who he is.

Also, someone said he has `mastered` taijutsu, so he cant go any further. Number one, Tekken is only one form of Taijutsu - there are others. Even if he HAS mastered Tekken, and even if people say he cant learn the other styles for chakra issues, the point is you will never really `master` tekken....because you can keep increasing your speed and power. E.g, look at Lee compared to Gai - theres no way Lee would win in a taijutsu fight. Because Gai is older, so obviously stronger/faster as he had much more time to train.

Hopefully he`ll make a recovery...hes a great character, with a good personality, and doesnt really deserve to be a cripple, watching cocky little...*cough*....people like sasuke hog the limelight. The comparison to bruce lee is also a good standing point, and it will prob turn out the same way. I wanna see how far Lee can master Tekken if he ever heals...and I definitly want to see a Sasuke/Lee rematch / Lee/Neji match.

itachi_
Fri, 01-30-2004, 03:45 AM
My wish is that Lee dies. Just because there are so many fans of him, comon, he&#39;s worthless&#33;, sasuke has already copied all his moves almost (exept the gate thing) and he also has the sharingan. But it&#39;s not reasonable that he dies, he&#39;s like a stuggeling character and in most animes they don&#39;t die&#33;

DIE LEE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

A77ALiSTiC
Fri, 01-30-2004, 04:20 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (seds @ Jan 30 2004, 12:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Although I am a Rock Lee fan, I think it would be somewhat dissapointing if he could fight again. I&#39;ll probably get a lot of nasty replies to this, so those people can go screw themselves. A good anime has characters, but lets them go when the time is right. DBZ was murdered since the characters were repeatedly comming back to life, although that is a bit extreme considering were just talking about Rock Lee healing. Still, Rock Lee just doesn&#39;t have what it takes to keep up anymore. He is kind of like Sasuke without the ability to control chakra and no Sharingan. He left fighting a strong character, but if he attempts to fight again he will be outclassed repeatedly by fighters with some sort of innate ability. (ie. Naruto and Kyubi, Sasuke and sharingan, and Neji with byakugan) </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
hes got a point..
but i dont think they will leave rock lee just hanging around without doing anything.. and ppl will get tired of seeing him training everytime... so heres what i think could happen :
1)he goes away on a journey, with the ambition of healing himself or something of that kind and then comes back WAY later in the anime all healed up and ready to go
2)dies from his injury (the training causes the injury to be fatal) or from some accident.. maybe even murdered
3)they will leave rock lee in the show, but wont show him that much, then when they think the time is right, rock lee finds this cure or some doctor that heals him

i think the third point is more likely to happen, because killing him would cause a lot of devastation to the fans out there, and getting him out of the show for a long time wont be good either, kinda like when there was no sasuke for some period of time (after his prelim fight till when he shows up.. except for a couple of secs in some eps)

rEkKaShInObI
Fri, 01-30-2004, 04:43 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ @ Jan 30 2004, 02:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> My wish is that Lee dies. Just because there are so many fans of him, comon, he&#39;s worthless&#33;, sasuke has already copied all his moves almost (exept the gate thing) and he also has the sharingan. But it&#39;s not reasonable that he dies, he&#39;s like a stuggeling character and in most animes they don&#39;t die&#33;

DIE LEE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Thats just bein mest, Rock Lee is a good character. If it wasnt for him, Sasuke would have been screwed

Kumiriko
Fri, 01-30-2004, 05:16 AM
Lee would have to be one of the more impotant learning points. when i first saw him i thought man. he is like a totally diffent art style from everone eles i just looks funny. dint expect much but we learn that he is quite the fellow. they could kill him off make it meaningful but i think he will make it personally

Vagabond
Fri, 01-30-2004, 05:24 AM
This is what I think should happen, someone like Naruto or Sasuke gets into a fight and gets the shit beat out of them. The bad guy is about to kill them when out of nowhere Lee jumps in. He says some shit about how he can never become as strong as Naruto/Sasuke but he will protect them no matter what. Then he goes crazy and starts opening all the gates. He finally opens the last gate and beats the shit out of the bad guy. In the process of doing that he fucks up his body and kills himself.
This seems like the best scenario since it will make Lee fans happy (because he goes out with a bang) and it makes Lee haters happy (he dies).

Iznogoud
Fri, 01-30-2004, 05:33 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Darknight @ Jan 30 2004, 01:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

Rock Lee has been in the hospital. Barely able to move. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
LOL
Barely able to move ?
but doing 200 pushups ?
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif dude look the whole anime again...
bout the drunken boxing, that was not my point, my point was he didn&#39;t master ALL FORM of taijutsu...he didn&#39;t even master the one he&#39;s using...he can&#39;t open 7 gates.

for the strength, who&#39;s stronger than who whores:
Sasuke would get wasted by rock lee at his current state...with 5 gates opened rock lee would crush him like a toast.
And without it he&#39;s still faster...Gai(and he&#39;s like used to seeing lee move) said sasuke was almost at lee&#39;s speed...but without the gates http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif
with the gates he&#39;s faster and way more powerful.

The Gentle Fist
Fri, 01-30-2004, 10:22 AM
*SPOILERS*
<span style='color:#D6DBE0'>I don&#39;t think I could stand it if he doesn&#39;t fight again. I mean come on, with the destruction of Konoha iminent, he&#39;ll have to fight at some point. Won&#39;t he? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif
I mean Naruto and Shikamaru get to go on an A rank mission (which is gunna be awesome, Naruto is uber strong, Shikamaru is uber strategist, and Sakura is...) and Sasuke&#39;s chasing Gaara and the other Sand nins. Lee will have to do something. If not Neji should, go Jyuuken.</span>
*SPOILERS*

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Edit: Dont post spoilers&#33;&#33;&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif </span>

Hakeem_21
Fri, 01-30-2004, 11:41 AM
Rock Lee must get well cause you cant waste a great character like him.

Iznogoud
Fri, 01-30-2004, 11:50 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Gentle Fist @ Jan 30 2004, 09:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I don&#39;t think [...] bla bla bullshit and spoilers
</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
WTF don&#39;t spoil dude...
IT&#39;s the ANIME section

Karasu
Fri, 01-30-2004, 11:58 AM
Offcourse Lee will become better later on.. He has to. He&#39;s gonna go look for Gaara and this time Gaara will finish the job, no teachers stoping the fight http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif.

rEkKaShInObI
Fri, 01-30-2004, 12:06 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hakeem_21 @ Jan 30 2004, 10:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Rock Lee must get well cause you cant waste a great character like him. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
True that, Lee must live&#33;

Toruxxx
Fri, 01-30-2004, 12:39 PM
i think he will be able to move more but jus wont get fully healed. Hes a good char that i would like to see get better as it will be quite sad if he didnt coz his whole life is around being a ninja would suck if he cant be what he wants to be.

Everon
Fri, 01-30-2004, 12:44 PM
Lee&#39;s injuries aren&#39;t just skin deep either. Sure he&#39;s been hurt by trying to unlock the 5 gates, but failing to win against Gaara, having Naruto beat his rival Neji, and Sasuke managing to become almost as fast as Lee, must make him feel like his efforts will never pay off.

Even if he is healed physically, there are plenty of emotional scars that cannot be healed as easily.

The Gentle Fist
Fri, 01-30-2004, 01:07 PM
I&#39;ts true that when you hit something at 200 km/h that it&#39;ll hurt you as well, but by opening more gates, he can become stronger. Plus, look at the fact that he had recovered from the muscle damage to his entire body in under a month, and as someone else said, he was able to move his hands, too. I think he will make at least enough of a recovery to remain a ninja. Also, even if it isn&#39;t possible, wouldn&#39;t it be awesome if Lee could use the Chidori? He would be like uber powerful, especially if he used it with the lotus.

Spydek
Sat, 01-31-2004, 01:15 PM
Unlike most people seems to believe, I think Lee wouldn&#39;t be that far from Sasuke, Neji, Naruto and the other strong rookie shinobi in term of strength if he was to recover fully. Even if he&#39;s only able to use Taijutsu, he can still become very strong and be more than a match for ninjas who uses close combat. And I think If Lee was to able to recover to the level he was when he fought Gaara, he could beat Sasuke in single combat. I mean he&#39;s as good as him in terms of speed and Taijutsu and the fact that he uses taijutsu make Sasuke&#39;s sharigan useless, pretty much like Kakashi&#39;s sharigan is useless against Gai. And please don&#39;t start me on the Chidori thing, as I highly doubt Lee would let him charge up for 15 seconds and just stand there while he runs at him.

Toruxxx
Sat, 01-31-2004, 01:30 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spydek @ Jan 31 2004, 12:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Unlike most people seems to believe, I think Lee wouldn&#39;t be that far from Sasuke, Neji, Naruto and the other strong rookie shinobi in term of strength if he was to recover fully. Even if he&#39;s only able to use Taijutsu, he can still become very strong and be more than a match for ninjas who uses close combat. And I think If Lee was to able to recover to the level he was when he fought Gaara, he could beat Sasuke in single combat. I mean he&#39;s as good as him in terms of speed and Taijutsu and the fact that he uses taijutsu make Sasuke&#39;s sharigan useless, pretty much like Kakashi&#39;s sharigan is useless against Gai. And please don&#39;t start me on the Chidori thing, as I highly doubt Lee would let him charge up for 15 seconds and just stand there while he runs at him. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
but hell it would be one damn good fight i think if sasuke and lee did fight. i know they had one b4 but that was jus crappy lol sasuke has got good now so lee would have more of challenge(sp?)

Oboro
Sat, 01-31-2004, 01:34 PM
Rock Lee&#39;s story was so sad that it completely tells you hes gonna be up really soon&#33; Look how hard he&#39;s trained, you think he&#39;s just gonna let it go and retire as a shinobi? That&#39;d really piss me off and I&#39;d lose a ton of respect for him if he stopped.

The Gentle Fist
Wed, 02-04-2004, 05:56 AM
I&#39;d just like to point out that what I said wasn&#39;t a spoiler, it was in episode 68. Anything else was speculation.

villin
Wed, 02-04-2004, 06:10 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Gentle Fist @ Feb 4 2004, 06:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I&#39;d just like to point out that what I said wasn&#39;t a spoiler, it was in episode 68. Anything else was speculation. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I&#39;m pretty open minded on what should be considered a spoiler and even I think you crossed the line. LCD was perfectly justified in editing your post. Saying it was speculation was pretty weak.

TeLeKiNeSiS
Wed, 02-04-2004, 07:52 AM
hmm..i hope rock lee will get better...but seeing as how people like sasuke are easily surpassing him...i doubt that he&#39;ll be in too much of the storyline anymore..

rEkKaShInObI
Wed, 02-04-2004, 08:43 AM
Just like Bruce Lee, the dragon will return.

kimunist
Wed, 02-04-2004, 08:49 AM
i&#39;m very sure he&#39;ll get better

just as of now, he wont

i HOPE he gets better...i want to see him fight sometime

Noir
Wed, 02-04-2004, 10:34 AM
I hope he gets better.

Neji vs. Rock Lee would be a killer match, gentle fist vs. iron fist... OOOOO http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

NoKKiE
Fri, 02-06-2004, 03:55 AM
I think rock lee WILL return&#33; he is the best character ever&#33;&#33; he has determination and everyone with determination in this anime seems to prevail, if not the autho would be conveying a &quot;hard work does not beat genius&quot; type of message&#33; go rock lee&#33; also I think Rock Lee will be able to compete with geniuses like nija and sasuke because rock lee probably would have beaten nija with the primary lotus and the only reason sasuke can move that fast is because he copied rock lee&#39;s movements.

on another note, I think naruto can beat sasuke, he&#39;s got the frog http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/cool.gif

itachi_
Fri, 02-06-2004, 04:18 AM
I hope he dies&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Hotsuma
Fri, 02-06-2004, 04:33 AM
I hope you stop being such a lamer, Itachi&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

rEkKaShInObI
Fri, 02-06-2004, 07:28 AM
Lee&#33;? die?&#33;?&#33; aw hewlls no&#33;&#33; if you hate lee then i hate you&#33;&#33;

Harageki
Fri, 02-06-2004, 07:30 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hotsuma @ Feb 6 2004, 03:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I hope you stop being such a lamer, Itachi&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
rofl...

itachi_
Fri, 02-06-2004, 07:32 AM
Then hate me, detest me, run run and cling on to life..

Harageki
Fri, 02-06-2004, 07:33 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ @ Feb 6 2004, 06:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Then hate me, detest me, run run and cling on to life.. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Vagabond
Fri, 02-06-2004, 07:34 AM
God so many fucking Lee fanboys.

Why don&#39;t we ever see Jiraiya fanboys or Hokage Fanboys. They are more kick ass then Lee.

RockLeeisHOT
Fri, 02-06-2004, 07:49 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ @ Feb 6 2004, 06:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Then hate me, detest me, run run and cling on to life.. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
sorry but that made me laugh my ass off. I still don&#39;t like that you want Lee to die though http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif

RockLeeisHOT
Fri, 02-06-2004, 11:52 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ &#064; Jan 30 2004, 02:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> My wish is that Lee dies. Just because there are so many fans of him, comon, he&#39;s worthless&#33;, sasuke has already copied all his moves almost (exept the gate thing) and he also has the sharingan. But it&#39;s not reasonable that he dies, he&#39;s like a stuggeling character and in most animes they don&#39;t die&#33;

DIE LEE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
AHHHHHHHHHHH&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

*reads post again*

AHHHHHHHHHHHH&#33;@@&#33;&#33;&#036; NO NO YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT&#33;&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_argue.gif NOOOOOOO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

*cough* okay... I&#39;m better now sorta. *intent to kill* Anyways... the only reason Lee lost to Gaara was because of what Gaara is (or should I say, the shukaku demon inside him (this was mentioned at the scene in the hospital right?)) I&#39;m really proud of how much of a fight Lee put up for Gaara, considering how fast Gaara just crushed those 3 rain-nins in the 2nd exam. I personally want Lee to get better... even if he can&#39;t be better than Sasuke or Neji I still want him to be happy. It breaks my heart to see him sad. Rock Lee, the always energetic and high spirited guy... it&#39;s just so depressing to see him actually SAD&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif GET BETTER LEE&#33; I LOVE YOU&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wub.gif

boomorman
Fri, 02-06-2004, 12:26 PM
I think he will get better and someday he will far surpass both Gai and Kakashi.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>hmm..i hope rock lee will get better...but seeing as how people like sasuke are easily surpassing him...i doubt that he&#39;ll be in too much of the storyline anymore.. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Lee will just use that for fuel to train even harder..... or perhaps gai will cut out one of Sasukes eyes and give it to lee as an x-mas present.... na that would make him too strong.. I guess the series only needs one all powerful char and they have naruto.

Jman
Fri, 02-06-2004, 12:30 PM
where there&#39;s a will, there&#39;s a way.

Glad he wasn&#39;t killed off like dosu and hayate

Hatake Kakashi
Sat, 02-07-2004, 02:50 AM
Let me tell you about someone named Bruce Lee.

In a fight he damaged his spinal chord so bad, the doctors in San Franciso said he would never walk again. Through hard work, he proved them all wrong.

He was not only walking, but doing martial arts a few years later. At a Karate Convention in an on the spot challenge he beat a master in less than 60 seconds. On top of that he was sending people flying with his 1 and 3 inch punches (where he only moved his fist 1 inch or 3 inches before he hit them).

Rock Lee = Rocky + Bruce Lee

Fear not, he is more popular than he deserves to be, but he is a good character non the less.

Hotsuma
Sat, 02-07-2004, 03:00 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ @ Feb 6 2004, 07:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Then hate me, detest me, run run and cling on to life.. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Dude. Shut up.

Vagabond
Sat, 02-07-2004, 03:37 AM
This thread should be closed people need to stop flaming. I have to say that Rock Lee is a cool character but some of you guys are taking it too far. He is just an anime character, you don&#39;t need to loose it just because someone hates him.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 02-07-2004, 04:01 AM
Now now children... no need to fight. All anyone can give right now are opinions so flaming shouldn&#39;t be the order fo the day. People shouldn&#39;t be spoiling, it ruins the anime and also I see it as an invitation to murder them brutally and feed their carcass to maggots. So lets just all be happy and say that Lee has mysteriously dissapeared right now in the stadium.

http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif

Pakkun
Sat, 02-07-2004, 06:34 AM
Since he is such a hardworking ninja, im am sure he will be fine again. AND better, since he trains even with that broken arm and leg.

itachi_
Sat, 02-07-2004, 06:45 AM
Nice signature http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif... made in flash?

Kitsu Rikugo
Sat, 02-07-2004, 12:49 PM
I certainly hope that Lee will get better... he&#39;s a very likeable character that deserves some kind of genuine reward for his hard work.

However, I agree that simply having him come back and say &quot;I got better&#33;&quot; will not justify his ability to fight at the same level as the others. He needs to have some sort of special mitigating circumstance...

My only guesses (I&#39;ve read up to 140 in the manga, so don&#39;t get pissed if this is stupid):

1) He heals (Bruce Lee style) and leaves to train and re-assess what he wants out of life. Comes back much later with a greater strength and perhaps a few new abilities.

2) During his healing, perhaps he manages to use his spare time to work on chakra control (if such a thing is possible for him), and possibly learn some basic jutsus. Even with a few basic moves like bunshin no jutsu and the replacement technique, Lee&#39;s fighting abilities would go through the roof, although it might ruin his rather &quot;unique&quot; style.

3) As was stated earlier, it&#39;s possible that he could gain abilities in another form. Perhaps (I&#39;m guessing on stuff here so don&#39;t get mad if this is actually what happens in the manga, like I said I&#39;ve only read up to 140) at some point the main characters catch/kill Itachi and somehow they decide to give Lee the sharingans... Or something along those lines... who knows, but it would certainly be a surprise.

I guess in the long run we&#39;ll just have to wait and see. I don&#39;t care if they kill Lee off, so long as he gets an appropriate send off- he&#39;s one of the best and most original characters this series has to offer, and he deserves more than just a simple &quot;well, he&#39;ll never fight again. see ya&#33;&quot;

Then again, I like the idea of him fathering some sort of super genius ninja. Let him live through the lives of his kids... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Ok, ok... I guess that&#39;s enough. I&#39;m off. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

Mayunosuke
Sun, 02-08-2004, 03:58 AM
I&#39;m actually expecting more of a story twist to this, such as Lee can&#39;t get better and gets lured in by Oro or someone else who&#39;s evil and has some jutsu which makes lee go beserk but at the same time heals his injuries and powers him up and then goes after Naruto/Sasuke/Neji/etc and then of course will come the obvious Lee kills Gai therefore leading to Lee&#39;s sanity returning and etc

Xollence
Sun, 02-08-2004, 05:31 AM
I think he will, but I doubt he&#39;ll be able to catch up with Sasuke and Naruto.

Harageki
Sun, 02-08-2004, 09:15 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mayunosuke @ Feb 8 2004, 02:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I&#39;m actually expecting more of a story twist to this, such as Lee can&#39;t get better and gets lured in by Oro or someone else who&#39;s evil and has some jutsu which makes lee go beserk but at the same time heals his injuries and powers him up and then goes after Naruto/Sasuke/Neji/etc and then of course will come the obvious Lee kills Gai therefore leading to Lee&#39;s sanity returning and etc </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
lmao...come ON.