PDA

View Full Version : General Anime

seds
Tue, 01-27-2004, 07:33 AM
I'm not sure if this was covered but I'm wondering what good anime series I can start up next. I have watched both Naruto and One Piece up to date.
I'm wondering what other good series are out thier. I have heard good things about Hunter X Hunter and Hikaru No Go (probably spelled wrong). I would appreciate any oppinions or help in choosing my next series.

pandaexpress79
Tue, 01-27-2004, 12:30 PM
yeah Hunter x Hunter and Hikaru no Go are both great shows, but you might also wanna check out...

Full Metal Alchemist - its about 2 brothers trying to get a stone that'll help them bring back their dead mother (its better than i made it sound believe me)

Chrno Crusade - its got Nuns+Guns+Demons

BoBoBo-Bo-Bo-BoBo - its crazy about a man named Bobobo... and his fight against the hair cutting gang who wants to get rid of all the hair in the world and hes joined by friends to stop them

Papuwa - (the 2nd papuwa series) its about Papuwa island and its crazy characters that live on it

also theres a thread here ('http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=496')

mokona76
Wed, 01-28-2004, 04:16 AM
i dont know what to suggest. have you seen mabahuro

Hakeem_21
Wed, 01-28-2004, 04:20 AM
I recomend Peace Maker Kurogane,its very funny and have some nice Samuraj action too.

XwingRob
Wed, 01-28-2004, 04:28 AM
Peace Maker: Kurogane (samurai stuff, humor, one problem- its up to episode 15 and I feel its not going anywhere yet, but that might just be me)
Full Metal Alchemist (they got cool powers and stuff, the first episodes make you think its a religious anime, but its not really)
Gokusen (Very new, not really sure what to think of it yet)

Hakeem_21
Wed, 01-28-2004, 04:34 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (XwingRob @ Jan 28 2004, 03:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Peace Maker: Kurogane (samurai stuff, humor, one problem- its up to episode 15 and I feel its not going anywhere yet, but that might just be me)
Full Metal Alchemist (they got cool powers and stuff, the first episodes make you think its a religious anime, but its not really)
Gokusen (Very new, not really sure what to think of it yet) </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
You are right nothing important have happend yet in PMK but its still very good and very funny.

seds
Wed, 01-28-2004, 08:18 AM
I read a bunch of forums and I think I&#39;ll start watching Berserk next, it looks cool. Gonna start dling them tonight. Hope i made a good choice.

seds
Wed, 01-28-2004, 08:20 AM
Last question... I&#39;ve come to a debate between Berserk and Hunter X Hunter, which to choose? Any ideas?

Munsu
Wed, 01-28-2004, 08:49 AM
Seds:

First, dont double post http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Second: I recomend Berserk before watching HxH... and then read the manga which is actually better

XwingRob:

I think you are wrong with PMK (my feelings though)
it has been a dissapoint (story wise), but IMO the reason why I still hold it as a good series is because I think that it has potential to have one of the best plots out there, I&#39;m just waiting for the freaking episode that will be a turning point and turn this somewhat worthless anime, into the most worthy anime (those are my hopes though, I hope I&#39;m not wrong)

seds
Wed, 01-28-2004, 09:37 AM
Yeah sorry bout the double post thing, just suddenly thought of more to say.
Can you reccomend any torrents for Berserk, I can&#39;t seem to find any. Downloading from kazaa is such a hassle...

Munsu
Wed, 01-28-2004, 09:42 AM
You wont find torrents from beserk... can try suprnova and boxtorrents but I doubt you&#39;ll find any...

Your best best bet is using kazaa (bad quality episodes I think) or going to mIRC and searching for them

Munsu
Wed, 01-28-2004, 01:00 PM
You should read this thread to help you decide what to watch:

http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=496 ('http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=496')

What I&#39;m currently watching and recomend are:

Grappler Baki, ROD TV, Full Metal Alchemist, Chrno Crusade, Great Teacher Onizuka, Berserk, GunGrave, Peace Maker, Hajime no Ippo, and my fav. Condor Hero

villin
Thu, 01-29-2004, 03:52 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (seds @ Jan 28 2004, 10:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Yeah sorry bout the double post thing, just suddenly thought of more to say.
Can you reccomend any torrents for Berserk, I can&#39;t seem to find any. Downloading from kazaa is such a hassle... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Suprnova ('http://www.suprnova.org') had the whole berserk series to DL through BT but with their recent problems I don&#39;t know if its still there.

Also, a really good site for berserk anime and manga is TheHawks ('http://www.thehawks.org'). They also have the first season of the Grappler Baki series for DL with BT.

Caution: If you do start to watch the Grappler Baki series you better have lots of patience because new episodes are torturously slow in being released. I learned this the hard way. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Uzumaki Naruto
Thu, 01-29-2004, 04:36 AM
u can also try shingetsutan tsukihime i think the names right but it has some blodd shed in it good story too but it kinda short only 12 eps but none the less a good series, oOo and check out ragnarok its a pretty good series as well

Uzumaki Naruto
Thu, 01-29-2004, 05:08 AM
if ur into comedy and shit then check out GTO, FLCL, and golden boy those are abuot the funniest animes ive seen so far.

if ur into action check out hajime no ippo, gungrave, samurai deeper kyo, rurouni kenshin, and full metal panic those are really good animes to watch

XwingRob
Thu, 01-29-2004, 05:52 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mondongo @ Jan 28 2004, 07:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> XwingRob:

I think you are wrong with PMK (my feelings though)
it has been a dissapoint (story wise), but IMO the reason why I still hold it as a good series is because I think that it has potential to have one of the best plots out there, I&#39;m just waiting for the freaking episode that will be a turning point and turn this somewhat worthless anime, into the most worthy anime (those are my hopes though, I hope I&#39;m not wrong) </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yeah, I think episode 16 might be that turning point.
Is PMK gonna be just 26 episodes, though?

Munsu
Thu, 01-29-2004, 07:49 AM
I really do hope so that it makes takes a turn for the better, i&#39;m in the need of more action, seriousness, and bloodshed...

I really doubt it will be 26 episodes because of the slow pace... i think that if it is a 26 episode series, it will ruin the series, because my guess is that they will need to rush at the end...

So. my bet is that it will be longer

seds
Thu, 01-29-2004, 11:21 AM
Well now I am just confused. My list of about 4 different choices jumped to about 20. I guess I&#39;ll just have to randomly pick one and hope it&#39;s a good choice.