PDA

View Full Version : Orochimaru summoning a snake?

Iznogoud
Tue, 01-27-2004, 02:46 AM
But he does use hand seals...

PSJ
Tue, 01-27-2004, 02:52 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AssertnFailure @ Jan 27 2004, 06:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> naruto never uses a tattoo or marking of any sort when he summons frogs though </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
no he does hand seals and bites his tumm. well as soem people already said 3rd sealed away orochimarus arms and without arms you cant do jutsus. orochimaru can only use taijutsu and manda summoning(help by kabuto) right now. thats why he is so desperate to find a cure for his arms.

XwingRob
Tue, 01-27-2004, 03:13 AM
Hmm, do you think Kabuto will teach Sasuke the Snake summoning technique, or will it be Orochimaru?

Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 01-27-2004, 04:03 AM
Jeez, who knows what is going to happen.

I doubt Kabuto will teach him it, since Orochimaru has a good body again after all.

I am curious to see what he is capable of doing in this new vessel. The guy who won the Battle Royale whipped all those guys and he didn&#39;t even break a sweat.

PSJ
Tue, 01-27-2004, 05:13 AM
yea but the arm seal was done on his soul not on the body he was in which means he still cant use his arms. at least in theory

Iznogoud
Tue, 01-27-2004, 05:30 AM
I thought the third hokage stole all his jutsus before dying...
How is Orochimaru able to summon the snake boss while confronting Jiraya and Tsunade ?
I mean...he&#39;s still badly hurt and should have no jutsu at all...
Anyone thought about that already ?
(If this has been posted already then sorry but didn&#39;t find it)

gaara
Tue, 01-27-2004, 05:41 AM
his arms were sealed, not stolen jutsu.

Raven
Tue, 01-27-2004, 06:53 AM
Kabuto performed the seals using Oro&#39;s blood. The blood is the key.

Insomniac
Tue, 01-27-2004, 06:58 AM
apparently it doesnt matter who performs the seal as long as the blood is one of the people who signed the contract.

Orochimaru has a tattoo on his arm too, if you saw when he was disguised as a sound nin - i dunno if thats of any relevance but thats what he smeered blood on the first time.

but yeah Kabuto used Orochimarus blood and then he performed the seals - which is pretty damn amazing considering he summoned manda, and two giant snakes after fighting Tsunade.

Raven
Tue, 01-27-2004, 07:06 AM
I really have to say, all this suggests that Kabuto is probably ahead of Kakashi... to be able to go toe to toe with one of the legendary 3 then summon manda then take a resengan to the gut, that&#39;s pretty impressive.

Hyuga Koji
Tue, 01-27-2004, 08:28 AM
Then what would be the point of taking over Sasuke&#39;s body?

The 3rd didn&#39;t have enough strength when he was dying to get Orochimaru&#39;s soul so he settled for his arms knowing he wouldn&#39;t be as much of a threat without them.

Afterall how could Tsunade heal his soul?

Now that Orochimaru&#39;s in a new body he should be able to use all his jutsus again (the 3rd&#39;s jutsu wasn&#39;t able to eat through his arms completely) after taking time to get used to his new body.

Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 01-27-2004, 08:41 AM
I don&#39;t think the 3rd sealed his soul arms or whatever.

I think he thought that if Orochimaru didn&#39;t have the use of his arms, then he couldn&#39;t change bodies again, and could never use jutsu again.

Ofcourse he was wrong and now he has a new body.

I think he was even sitting in a chair and putting his arm to his head as a head rest...

So in short, he might be able to use his arm

Iznogoud
Tue, 01-27-2004, 08:52 AM
Oh...i guess i&#39;ll just have to read it again then http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif
Kabuto&#39;s insane http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif i hope we see him and kakashi fight http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif
By the way we haven&#39;t seen all of kakashi&#39;s powers...Remember he copied thousands of jutsus...
Plus he&#39;s said to be a genius so he&#39;ll probably use the best combination everytime...
And he was able to stay alive after fighting itachi and his bud...which might be quite hard(ok ok gai saved him but... ^^ )

Nine Tailed Demon
Tue, 01-27-2004, 09:08 AM
I still think Kakashi is on the same level as Kabuto.

itachi_
Tue, 01-27-2004, 10:45 AM
Sometimes they don&#39;t use their hands to perform a jutsu, it&#39;s not every time they do the handthings to perform a jutsu, sometimes they just &quot;do&quot; a jutsu without the hands.

Iznogoud
Tue, 01-27-2004, 11:02 AM
I think it&#39;s necessary for a ninpou though...and you need the blood too.

Assertn
Tue, 01-27-2004, 01:46 PM
naruto never uses a tattoo or marking of any sort when he summons frogs though

DaRk-SeRpEnT
Thu, 01-29-2004, 02:37 AM
well im thinking maybe if he switches bodies then maybe orochimaru&#39;s sould kind of merges with the other persons soul which then heals his arms by taking another persons soul arms

moridin
Thu, 01-29-2004, 02:49 AM
Kabuto used a soldier pill...

mmmm...i didn&#39;t understand how he switched bodies either...i mean, I thought the 3rd actually stole the jutsus but apparently not....oh well, makes for a more interesting story.

Legendary Nin
Thu, 01-29-2004, 02:58 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CmDr_RavEn @ Jan 27 2004, 07:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I really have to say, all this suggests that Kabuto is probably ahead of Kakashi... to be able to go toe to toe with one of the legendary 3 then summon manda then take a resengan to the gut, that&#39;s pretty impressive. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
That&#39;s what I&#39;ve been thinking.We haven&#39;t seen Kabuto actually fight,he was even holding back againist Tsunade.(if he wasn&#39;t,we would have saw the true Kabuto).I don&#39;t think Kakashi is near Kabuto.We know what Kakashi has,but Kabutos mystery is hiding his true potential.

XwingRob
Thu, 01-29-2004, 03:58 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legendary Nin @ Jan 29 2004, 08:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> But that could be to hide something.Kabuto is good at decieving people.Remember the chuunin exam.He acted like dosu was stronger,but we know dosu wasn&#39;t even worth Kabutos time.He also led us to believe he was a Leaf genin,so why not use a pill when he could use it instead of revealing his true self.
They really need to tell use more about the guy. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I agree.
I sorta beleive that Kabuto is only partners with Orochimaru so that he can gain the resurrection technique to resurrect his clan that was defeated by the leaf(if I remember correctly about the details of that battle)

Insomniac
Thu, 01-29-2004, 04:05 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>yea but the arm seal was done on his soul </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

well obviously it was just sealing that bodies soul, not Orochimaru&#39;s.
it probably just sealed whoever he was inhabitating at the time as Orochimaru said that the concious of the people remain so maybe Orochimaru doesnt take over their souls just controls them?

Raven
Thu, 01-29-2004, 05:12 AM
Maybe it&#39;s like in the movie &quot;Being John Malkovic&quot; where they could enter into his body and control him, and he was left to watch from the background, helpless to stop anything. Maybe that&#39;s what Oro does to people. Just a thought.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legendary Nin &#064; Jan 29 2004, 01:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> That&#39;s what I&#39;ve been thinking.We haven&#39;t seen Kabuto actually fight,he was even holding back againist Tsunade.(if he wasn&#39;t,we would have saw the true Kabuto).I don&#39;t think Kakashi is near Kabuto.We know what Kakashi has,but Kabutos mystery is hiding his true potential.
</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Well it&#39;s true that he was using a soldier pill at that point, so that suggests he needed help, rather than having power in reserve.

XwingRob
Thu, 01-29-2004, 05:55 AM
Who cares?
Theory #12323(not a real number): Either Kabuto will join Naruto or Naruto will kill him. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

moridin
Thu, 01-29-2004, 06:58 AM
You don&#39;t use a soldier pill just to decieve somebody. Soldier Pills are temporary boosts but don&#39;t they have some side effects after the initial effect is over? Also, I highly doubt someone as devious as Orichimaru would not know the strength of his own subordinate. I trust his judgement when he says Kabuto is probably on par with Kakashi.

khaodessy
Thu, 01-29-2004, 07:40 AM
even oro is curious when kabuto is concerned because he always is wondering what he is thinking. he is every aspect of the word spy to oro doesnt true trust him because he know he is good at what he does. and being toe to toe with a sage is a bit over doing it since he has a fear of blood and probly havent did any kind of training in yrs other then gambling, and he poped a soldier pill b4 they started.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 01-29-2004, 07:43 AM
Kabuto has too many &quot;....&quot; scenes to be just a pawn, he&#39;s hiding some major stuff, even from orochimaru..

i think they both play a devious game of testing each other to see who&#39;ll start the fight between them, we&#39;ve seen it in the chunin exam and in the resent chapters, i believe that oro knows Kabuto has an ajenda of his own, but he doens&#39;t know what it is, so he waits to see when will Kabuto start working on achieving his own goal...

if Kabuto will turn out to be just a carton board guy, i&#39;ll be majorly dissapointed...

rockmanj
Thu, 01-29-2004, 08:16 AM
actually, it clearly illustrates that oro&#39;s soul&#39;s arms were cut; since the 3rd knew of his ability to jumpf rom body to body, the only way to defeat him was to seal his soul; during the fight, it showed oro&#39;s soul&#39;s arms being cut, nullifying his jutsu use; you can go back and look; in fact, he could switch all the bodies he wants, his soul&#39;s arms are still not going to work, because orochimaru is just an etheral being; he just inhabits other&#39;s bodies

Everon
Thu, 01-29-2004, 08:32 AM
The way I see it, the only thing Kabuto could be hiding is that he&#39;s an agent for that secret ninja clan that Itachi is in, so he&#39;s keeping tabs on Orochimaru. He Oro makes and great advances in special jutsus he&#39;ll relay the stuff to Itachi and co.

All speculation.

Unidentified
Thu, 01-29-2004, 09:24 AM
Well when his eyes turned red in the forest of death the anime translation I was watching said something about his old blood. So maybe he has a transformation or something that even Orochimaru doesn&#39;t know about or even Kabuto himself doesn&#39;t know it&#39;s power(he seems like he didn&#39;t want to get any angry or whatever was causing it).

Legendary Nin
Thu, 01-29-2004, 09:51 AM
But that could be to hide something.Kabuto is good at decieving people.Remember the chuunin exam.He acted like dosu was stronger,but we know dosu wasn&#39;t even worth Kabutos time.He also led us to believe he was a Leaf genin,so why not use a pill when he could use it instead of revealing his true self.
They really need to tell use more about the guy.

moridin
Fri, 01-30-2004, 01:23 PM
The old blood meant his blood thirst. When he was attacked, and injured, he was worried that his bloodthirst would cause him to kill his attackers, revealing his true powers, and creating suspicion amongst the leaf elders, before he wanted to be revealed.

pandao
Sat, 01-31-2004, 04:40 AM
wasn&#39;t it kabuto&#39;s blood and oro&#39;s tattoo?

sangai
Sat, 01-31-2004, 04:49 AM
yeah but werent oro&#39;s arms supposed to be rapped up and does kabuto really posses the chakra to summon manda or did oro also suppy the chakra like through his feet

kyuubi
Sun, 02-01-2004, 08:24 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CmDr_RavEn @ Jan 29 2004, 04:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Maybe it&#39;s like in the movie &quot;Being John Malkovic&quot; where they could enter into his body and control him, and he was left to watch from the background, helpless to stop anything. Maybe that&#39;s what Oro does to people. Just a thought.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legendary Nin &#064; Jan 29 2004, 01:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> That&#39;s what I&#39;ve been thinking.We haven&#39;t seen Kabuto actually fight,he was even holding back againist Tsunade.(if he wasn&#39;t,we would have saw the true Kabuto).I don&#39;t think Kakashi is near Kabuto.We know what Kakashi has,but Kabutos mystery is hiding his true potential.
</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Well it&#39;s true that he was using a soldier pill at that point, so that suggests he needed help, rather than having power in reserve. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
But..didnt Kakashi stop Naruto&#39;s Rasengan and Sasuke&#39;s Chidori at the same time? he just grabbed their arms and threw them aside. I dont know if that says anything, but I dont think Kabuto is stronger than Kakashi...

Arctyc
Sun, 02-01-2004, 09:06 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kyuubi &#064; Feb 1 2004, 07:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> But..didnt Kakashi stop Naruto&#39;s Rasengan and Sasuke&#39;s Chidori at the same time? he just grabbed their arms and threw them aside. I dont know if that says anything, but I dont think Kabuto is stronger than Kakashi... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yes, he did. It was a fair bit more easy because they were a bit busy being focused on trying to kill each other, but Kakashi has, again and again, even when injured, shown a great deal of speed and technical prowess.

Both Kabuto and Kakashi have not shown their entire repertoire. Kabuto we know because of his behavior in the Chuunin exam arena, and Kakashi because of his stated reputation.

And yeah... that whole eye thing with Kabuto... freaky. Don&#39;t know if it&#39;s something specific or not.

Mgslee
Mon, 02-02-2004, 03:14 AM
This thread brought something to my attention...

Can Oro even summon snakes any more? If the blood is the key and oro switched bodies doesnt that mean hes gotta resign the contract?

Bah, its probably irrelavent since Oro probably has the contract underneath his bed or something...

xtort
Mon, 02-02-2004, 03:46 AM
I&#39;ve always thought that these kinds of discussions (is X stronger than Y?&#33;) are kinda pointless. They all depend on situation. Both Kakashi and Kabuto have done some crazy things, and I&#39;m 100% positive in saying that neither of them have shown us their best (or worst, depending on how you view it).

That said, I can&#39;t wait to see Kabuto go nuts. The red eyes ... just really cool.

-xtortout

(grammar edit)

Raven
Mon, 02-02-2004, 04:12 AM
Yeah, he&#39;ll probably just resign it straight away with the new body.

Manda said he&#39;d most likely kill Oro next time he sees him, I guess that won&#39;t be a problem anymore seeing as he won&#39;t recognise him.

Insomniac
Mon, 02-02-2004, 04:35 AM
he&#39;ll probably have sacrafices for Manda to please him

and yeah he can just resign the contract, theres something about him though - its been hinted that he wasnt actually human or something

as for Kabuto yes he did have the chakra to summon Manda, and the other 2 snakes, then he fought Tsunade and Shizune and took a rasengen in the stomach... if that isnt proof that hes stronger then Kakashi then what is

Hakeem_21
Mon, 02-02-2004, 05:43 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Insomniac @ Feb 2 2004, 03:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> he&#39;ll probably have sacrafices for Manda to please him

and yeah he can just resign the contract, theres something about him though - its been hinted that he wasnt actually human or something

as for Kabuto yes he did have the chakra to summon Manda, and the other 2 snakes, then he fought Tsunade and Shizune and took a rasengen in the stomach... if that isnt proof that hes stronger then Kakashi then what is </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Just because he took a rasengan in the gut doesnt mean he is stronger than Kakashi cause Kabuto is a healer like Tsunade and if he didn&#39;t heal himself, the rasengan would have killed him.

Vagabond
Mon, 02-02-2004, 06:46 AM
Strength and the amount of chakra aren&#39;t the only things that matter. The fact that Kabuto was smart enough to start healing himself before the rasengan hit him is proof that he is very smart. And being smart is key in battle. I think with what we&#39;ve seen so far of kabuto is enough to tell that he is on or above the level of kakashi.

hm i just contridicted myself. I think i said the opposite thing is another post. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif