PDA

View Full Version : Question - GHOST IN THE SHELL

arek
Sun, 01-25-2004, 06:09 AM
Hi,

The last episode hosted on gotW00T was 19.
I haven't seen any further episodes, not even sure if they aired on TV.

Let me in on the scoop. I know the new movie is in the make but wanna get my hands on the last of the episodes till 26.

Ninja power

http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

Zantrav
Sun, 01-25-2004, 09:30 AM
i was think the same thing i really got in to it at eps 15 and i would like to know the same thing why did gotwoot stop puting it up here

but i think you can find it at " http://www.animesuki.com/series.php ('http://www.animesuki.com/series.php') "
good luck my friend

Poiple Weezard
Sun, 01-25-2004, 11:28 AM
It was liscensed at that point. According to other posts on this site, they even have it scheduled on Adult Swim this spring.

Legato 2057
Sun, 01-25-2004, 11:42 AM
Exactly, they stopped subbing it because it was announced at AX2003 the Bandai had the liscense. GITS: SAC (along with Wolf's Rain) is supposed to be airing on Adult Swim in early summer.

revel911
Sun, 01-25-2004, 11:47 AM
Well, that will be a good line up for adult swim then.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 01-26-2004, 05:19 AM
you can finish the last episodes of SAC (the first season, anyway) on anime-fin or LMF...
it might be a little hard but it's worth it, 25 was one of the saddest...

now we're waiting for someone to pick the glove and do the 2nd season...

Poiple Weezard
Mon, 01-26-2004, 08:50 AM
GITS is gonna be on Adult Swim too? Wow I was tired last night. I thought I was posting on a Wolf's Rain thread. As long as the information was right I guess it doesn't matter.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 01-27-2004, 05:03 AM
I saw a eps of Ghoast Shell a while back and im wondering if there is a movie or something before the anime so i dont miss anything when i start to watch the anime.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 01-27-2004, 05:47 AM
the T.V show takes place on an alternative reality than the movie, but i still think it's better to watch the movie first...

the movie was realesed at 1996, is licensed and dubbed, and cosidered one of the most famous anime creation in the westren world.

another movie is coming out a 06/03/2004, and two trailiers are already out, showing us who's the king of animation...

The TV show has two seasons, each of 26 episodes.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 01-27-2004, 05:53 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death BOO Z @ Jan 27 2004, 04:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> the T.V show takes place on an alternative reality than the movie, but i still think it&#39;s better to watch the movie first...

the movie was realesed at 1996, is licensed and dubbed, and cosidered one of the most famous anime creation in the westren world.

another movie is coming out a 06/03/2004, and two trailiers are already out, showing us who&#39;s the king of animation...

The TV show has two seasons, each of 26 episodes. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Isnt the Ghoast in the Shell japanese? I saw a trailer of Blood the Last Vampire who is made by GITS makers and i just love their style. When i saw the trailer i knew who made Blood the Last Vampire before they said in trailern who made it.

Legendary Nin
Sun, 02-08-2004, 02:15 AM
3 are subbed as far as I know.LMF has done 2 so far.I have&#39;t watched it because I want to watch the LMF 23-26 episodes(connection is refusing now),even though I have the tan ones,I hate what they&#39;ve done with the screen http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif .

Legendary Nin
Sun, 02-08-2004, 11:32 AM
Yes it&#39;s Japanese.
If anyone is interested pm me for links.I can give links for GIS,GIS SAC 1-26,and the 2nd gig.If you go out on your own,I would avoid tan,the screen is stretched and weird.

Uberbaka
Sun, 02-08-2004, 12:27 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legendary Nin @ Feb 8 2004, 10:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Yes it&#39;s Japanese.
If anyone is interested pm me for links.I can give links for GIS,GIS SAC 1-26,and the 2nd gig.If you go out on your own,I would avoid tan,the screen is stretched and weird. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
How many eps are out for 2nd gig?

Hakeem_21
Mon, 02-09-2004, 04:28 AM
I have watched the movie and im wondring if she will still have the puppet master inside her in the anime?

Munsu
Mon, 02-09-2004, 05:03 AM
I havent watched the TV series yet... but what I understand is that in the TV series they never meet the puppet master so i doubt it...

anyways for those that dont have the link for the lmf fansubs here it is:

http://gits.no-jutsu.com/gits/ ('http://gits.no-jutsu.com/gits/')

Also the I_FUCKING_HATE_CLUNESSNESS bot that hangs around #animeone and also in #lmf-fans has all the episodes of gits

Uberbaka
Mon, 02-09-2004, 09:08 AM
As far as i&#39;d gathered the anime takes place before the movie.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 02-09-2004, 09:53 AM
nope, it&#39;s in an alternative universe. it&#39;s said so in the 00 episode..

in the movie Tetsuya (the full human guy) was new to the team, here he&#39;s a regular.

Munsu
Mon, 02-09-2004, 10:34 AM
Anyone knows what episode #&#39;s are standalone and which ones are complex?

Hakeem_21
Tue, 02-10-2004, 05:17 AM
Will the new movie beign where the first ended? Or will it follow the anime storyline?

gaara
Tue, 02-10-2004, 08:42 AM
the official gits forum at the production-ig site has a list of which episodes are stand alone and complex.

Takenoko
Wed, 02-18-2004, 09:36 AM
I finally watched the entire GITS SAC 1, and I have to agree 25 is totally sad, I was brimming.

I wouldn&#39;t think too much into the OAV movie in relation to SAC. I mean...stand alone complex implies that it&#39;s a seperate storyline. At first, I would have placed the events in SAC prior to the movie, but there&#39;s a good point that the all human guy was new to the team in the movie, and he acts like a regular in SAC.

For me, I felt like the OAV storyline was taken apart and then expanded on and paced so it could work as a 26 ep series. If you think about it, the plot in the movie and SAC is somewhat similiar (Puppet Master, Laughing Man). But yeah, don&#39;t get too hung up on what was said in the movie, or else you won&#39;t enjoy SAC as it is.

Personally, I thought there was way too much talking, which meant there was a lot of reading involved. It is definetly not a kids show. Lot of &quot;food for thought&quot; topics, that they don&#39;t explain at the end of the episode, and leave viewers to answer for themselves. The last 4 episodes (23-26) that I have was ripped/translated by a different crew then my other episodes, and you can tell that it&#39;s really bad (Instead of Chief they translated it to Supervisor). I&#39;m not sure how much they butchered the sequence of events in Ep 25...I&#39;m going to redownload a better version of it. Either way, it was pretty powerful. Sad stuff.

It&#39;s strange, because in the show they talk about how robots are designed to look a certain way so humans don&#39;t become emotionally attached to them. On a larger scope, how do people associate and relate to anime? These characters aren&#39;t real, and ontop of that, they don&#39;t look human, yet you&#39;re still able to form emotional attachments to them, even in a short period of time (I watched all 26 ep in 2 days).

Maybe i&#39;m just a huge wuss.