PDA

View Full Version : What's so great about Gaara

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sun, 01-25-2004, 02:54 AM
dood by just standing there doing nothing but still able to kick most of other ninja's arse, makes him look powerful and some people are attracted to this power. meh imo Jiraiya summon a huge arse toad and he just sits there and let the toad fight. is that not cheap??

itachi_
Sun, 01-25-2004, 03:09 AM
You know that he has a sand-demon inside him, don't look down on gaara, maybe it's just the beginning. We could see the demons arm in 66-67 so, he's really mighty

joker-kun
Sun, 01-25-2004, 03:12 AM
I AGREE! Garaa is the cheapest mofo, he does nothing, its been said that his sand is auto-protect, now you can naruto is the same, but Naruto works for alot of shiz, now Garaa has to a bit, but if naruto could have used kyuubi all his life, he would have been way stronger, garaa is cheap!

RoMuLuu
Sun, 01-25-2004, 03:17 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shard Parcell @ Jan 25 2004, 10:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Gaara is the cheapest monstrosity I&#39;ve ever seen in the show. He can&#39;t do anything to anyone but use his cheap sand attacks to help him. When he faced Rock Lee, all he could do was get beat up until Rock Lee was unable to move anymore. When he faced Sasuke in the tournament, all he could do was defend himself til Sasuke penetrated his stupid defense, which he doesn&#39;t even call up himself. It protects him no matter what, which is like having a body guard fight for you.

So tell me, why do people like Gaara? He&#39;s a stupid little kid that can&#39;t fight, he shouldn&#39;t even be called a ninja. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
First, this has already been discussed under a nearly same topic. Secondly, only the Shield of Sand works automatically. The Armor of Sand and the Absolute defence don&#39;t. Thirdly, don&#39;t you think he hasn&#39;t trained to use sand as a weapon and to protect him? In the anime he said that his father told and taught him everything about jutsus etc. Also maybe his technigues aren&#39;t very cool, as he makes sand to do all the dirty job, but you must remember that he&#39;s the one who&#39;s contolling it. For example the Desert Coffin is a jutsu just as Shadow Replication and so on. Well, maybe his fighting style isn&#39;t the coolset, but he&#39;s strong and he really can fight. For example one Desert Coffin kills, just like one Chidori usually kills. Gaara isn&#39;t my favourite character, but he&#39;s kinda intresting, as he&#39;s so mysterious and so on. Amen.

rEkKaShInObI
Sun, 01-25-2004, 03:21 AM
gaara just stands there and look likes a bad-ass mother f*cker.

did you see how he was screaming his balls off when his sand was penetrated? classic man&#33; gaara seriously cant do much, i bet sakura can whoop him if he didnt have his sand. end of story

Unidentified
Sun, 01-25-2004, 03:33 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rEkKaShInObI @ Jan 25 2004, 02:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> gaara just stands there and look likes a bad-ass mother f*cker.

did you see how he was screaming his balls off when his sand was penetrated? classic man&#33; gaara seriously cant do much, i bet sakura can whoop him if he didnt have his sand. end of story </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Well Garaa does have a demon. I don&#39;t think ANYONE in that stadium could beat him transformed, because even the Kazekage couldn&#39;t kill him(or was scared to). Did you see his arm when the shield went down, that&#39;s only a small part of him. Plus the sand is part of him, you could say that Sasuke will get whooped without his sharingan, neji will get beat without his byukagan, Naruto will lost without his Kyubi, Shino would be nothing wihtout his bugs, etc....

Arctyc
Sun, 01-25-2004, 04:26 AM
Gaara has a challenge altogether different from the other ninja.

He has to work just to keep from going utterly insane (which he had failed at some point earlier in his life; that whole &quot;kill all others&quot; thing). His eyes are always so bloodshot...

(Stopping now before getting into spoiler material)

(Oh; though about the auto-defense thing: Gaara&#39;s jutsus do rely on his Chakra. The Sand Shield is one of the only things that is not a concious effort on his part. )

Shard Parcell
Sun, 01-25-2004, 04:33 AM
Gaara is the cheapest monstrosity I&#39;ve ever seen in the show. He can&#39;t do anything to anyone but use his cheap sand attacks to help him. When he faced Rock Lee, all he could do was get beat up until Rock Lee was unable to move anymore. When he faced Sasuke in the tournament, all he could do was defend himself til Sasuke penetrated his stupid defense, which he doesn&#39;t even call up himself. It protects him no matter what, which is like having a body guard fight for you.

So tell me, why do people like Gaara? He&#39;s a stupid little kid that can&#39;t fight, he shouldn&#39;t even be called a ninja.

kaigan
Sun, 01-25-2004, 04:37 AM
uh..... that&#39;s his technique dude. just like the sharingan or the buykugan. i am not a fan or hater of gaara. everyone has their unique attack and that&#39;s his specialty. it&#39;s like saying why does neji always used the buykugan or sasgay used his sharingan to beat other people.

people like him cause they think he is kool.

Shard Parcell
Sun, 01-25-2004, 04:55 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kaigan @ Jan 25 2004, 03:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> uh..... that&#39;s his technique dude. just like the sharingan or the buykugan. i am not a fan or hater of gaara. everyone has their unique attack and that&#39;s his specialty. it&#39;s like saying why does neji always used the buykugan or sasgay used his sharingan to beat other people.

people like him cause they think he is kool. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Sasuke&#39;s or Neji&#39;s techniques don&#39;t just work for them they have to call it up or something. Gaara just stands there.

Karasu
Sun, 01-25-2004, 05:42 AM
ääähhh gaara &quot;haters&quot;.....

What so great about him.

Well there are tons of stuff thats great about him. You dont know what the hell he can do, wich makes him interesting. You dont know alot about his past, wich makes him interesting. The little we have seen so far is utterly brutal and sad, wich again makes him interesting. There are 2 sides that I like. The extremly brutal side who can fuck practicly anyone up I belive. And I love his past even tho it&#39;s sad, it suits him and im sure it explains alot about why he is the way he is.

He just stands arround.. Well Lee just runs arround that little chicken, Sasuke.. well all he does is stealing others moves.. Naruto well all he does is using kage bunshin and relying on his extra burst of kyuubi chakara when needed. Neji, all he does is use his Byakugan and tell ppl how pathetic their lives and their goals are, and use kaiten and so on.. Shino is Alot like Gaara atleast from what I think about Shino. He has his bugs we dont know if he can do jack fucking shit other than use his bugs.. So he is just as lame as Gaara http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif. But you dont see ppl running arround shit talking him now are we http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

People have said it and I&#39;ve said it in other threads, I belive when the time comes for Gaara to care about doing anything else than stand arround then he will probably move and do other things aswell. About his jutsus.. Also said a million times before.. the sand shield is what is auto NOTHING else.. And I think he has somewhat control over that one to except for times when he dont see or manages to keep up with an attack.

About his jutsus to be lame..
comon this has also been up for discussion a million times.. If Gaara is lame/cheap/looser/whatever you want him to be viewed as then everyone else in this series except for maby Lee and Sakura who dont have their own super special jutsu to preform is just as lame as Gaara. The sand is his thing just fucking live with it http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif cant be that hard to face..

Even if you dont like a char there is still things about chars that you cant underestimate. I dislike Sasuke alot but I can still agree that he has got some skills.. I like Lee too I dont underestimate the others, even tho I wanted Gaara to just make a wet spot out of him to spare him the embarrasment. I also hope that Gaara would kill off that horrible Sasuke http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

I dont see whats to be so upset about Gaara being cool or not. It is the way he is nothing else.. Im pretty sure we will see more of him in the next ep with the war and all maby he does that thing with the horror eye again..

baah wussy scream when Gaara saw and felt his blood.. I dont think Gaara has ever ever seen his own blood, thats a reaction to that. And if you guys failed to notice he got hit by the UBAR chidori who is supposed to kill anything, yet Gaara stands there with a little wound. Imagine how pissed he is right now.. So I guess Gaara&#39;s surprised scream over his Blood who he has never seen before is kinda what to expect..

I dont think we have yet seen the true power of Gaara, so go ahead belive he is boring and all that, dont come crying here if Gaara rips Sasuke a new one http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

ghostedge
Sun, 01-25-2004, 05:53 AM
Hmm what I like about Gaara...

Well his demon factor is very appealing, who doesn&#39;t like demons, especially when they make you really powerful.

He has a rich and interesting history.

I like his &quot;love&quot; tattoo, totally fits his character imo.

And my favorite quote:
&quot;I only fight for myself and only love myself... that&#39;s the only love I need&quot;

And plus, he talks to himself.

Vagabond
Sun, 01-25-2004, 05:56 AM
There is no cheap or fair in Naruto. If you&#39;re gonna call someone cheap call sasuke cheap for copying lee&#39;s taijutsu. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

RaZzy
Sun, 01-25-2004, 08:18 AM
no ... sasuke was just being smart copying lee&#39;s taijutsu showing that he ownz more than lee

and gaara is ok .. he&#39;s pretty evil and all

Grey_wolf
Sun, 01-25-2004, 08:36 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RaZzy @ Jan 25 2004, 07:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> no ... sasuke was just being smart copying lee&#39;s taijutsu showing that he ownz more than lee

and gaara is ok .. he&#39;s pretty evil and all </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
yeah exactly.. sasuke is smart

Yup

jing
Sun, 01-25-2004, 08:42 AM
gaara OWNZ OMG...
DO YOU THINK HE LIKES CARRYING THAT BIG GOURD EVERYWHERE WHEREEVER HE GOES? DO YOU THINK HE CAN PULL OFF SOME WICKED TAIJUTSU AND AT THE SAME TIME CARRYING THAT GOURD OF HIS. HOW WOULD U LIKE IT IF YOU HAD TO RUN WITH THE BIG THING ON UR BACK&#33; THATS A PRETTY DARN GOOD REASON FOR JUST STANDING THERE. SORRY FOR CAPS, IT GOT STUCK.

TwisT
Sun, 01-25-2004, 09:40 AM
Why should he do anything other then just stand there?? He is so powerful so countless assasins have not even been able to hurt Gaara.. So he didn&#39;t think that Rock Lee would get past the Sand.. If he had giving his all from the start Rock Lee would be dead now.. Maybe you would have wanted that???

Trust me.. Gaara is very powerful if he gives his all.. He has a Demon inside of him and look at Naruto how powerful he became when he tapped in to that power.. And Gaara can control his demon.. Naruto can only borrow chackara from his..

Hero-Sennin
Sun, 01-25-2004, 12:12 PM
Yo. Gaara is hard man. Its undeniable. He hasnt lost yet and he hasnt even moved. And you must acknowledge his fucking intellect as a ninja http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif too man. When He&#39;s fighting Lee and he Escape that Fuckin massive Lotus move man. Shit....Well yeah, that was pretty Hard. And you know what else? When you think about it man, He had one fucked up childhood. His dad fucking seals this jutsu into the mofo, which must suck, with the insanity and beast trtansformations and what not, THEN&#33;&#33;&#33; his dad repeatedly tried to kill him from the age of 6. Plus he killed his mum, and thinks the monster/the sand/thin air, (I couldnt quite tell it was dark... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/cool.gif ) is his mother, and He gets those mega vision thingies man, whenever he witnesses love. Woah man. Hes bound to be evil. But I reckon he&#39;ll be a key in winning the fight for Konoha. Definately man, I can completely imagine him and sasuke fighting man. Whoa, and Narutos Big monster Fox side too. I think its cool he&#39;s mastered it, i just wish it was more like the first time against Haku. (Loved that Saga man... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif , much better than this one so far story wise. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif ) Anyhew... Right.. responses. The guy who said Lee was shit should die. How stupid are you? Naruto is all about fucking making the best of yourself no matter what, and lee is prime fucking hope personified, plus He&#39;d kick your ass. You people who say sasuke is shit, well....hmm....His Evil fuckin shindig is quite cool tho eh? and his new rags. Nice one to the person saying about the love tattoo on Gaara&#39;s head, i didnt notice what it said&#33; Whoever the person was who said they love Gai and Lee, we should meet up for beer/marry if you&#39;re male or female respectiveley. Ummm, I think thats it. But yeah. Naruto is cool man. Fuck Aye. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Nine Tailed Demon
Sun, 01-25-2004, 12:21 PM
I like Gaara solely because he got rid of Lee...

r3n
Sun, 01-25-2004, 01:26 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nine Tailed Demon @ Jan 25 2004, 04:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I like Gaara solely because he got rid of Lee... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
DIE&#33; jk, hope u fall over when u nxt get up tho&#33;

dont like gaara very much, jst hope they kill him off soonish or whatever cos he gets on my nerves

*OHNOES GAARA&#39;S FORGOTTEN THE PLAN&#33;*

*OHNOES WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO&#33;*

big woop hes a powerful psycho, get over it already&#33; its jst lame now&#33;

RockLeeisHOT
Sun, 01-25-2004, 01:30 PM
I like Gaara&#39;s past... which hasn&#39;t been fully developed in the anime so I won&#39;t say anymore. He is a very loveable character IMO. I don&#39;t really care how the characters fight... I care about the characters themselves and how they are and what they&#39;ve been through. Sasuke is my most disliked character to this day.. Gaara is one of my favorites. Lee is my favorite. along with Gai and Naruto and chouji and shikamaru and lots of others

-ANBU-Sasuke-
Sun, 01-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Between you and me, Gaara sucks. End of that. All he really has is his shield of sand, which eats up monstrous charka. But I cannot comment on other details.

PuppetMaster Kankuro
Sun, 01-25-2004, 01:56 PM
Granted Gaara doesn&#39;t use much talent with his techniques. But he still has to keep the armour of sand on with his own chakra and stuff. Big deal if his inner demon does most of the work. His techniques are kinda kool. I&#39;m not sayin that he&#39;s a kool character but i don&#39;t hate the guy just cause his demon does most of the work.

Mut
Mon, 01-26-2004, 02:03 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shard Parcell @ Jan 25 2004, 03:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Gaara is the cheapest monstrosity I&#39;ve ever seen in the show. He can&#39;t do anything to anyone but use his cheap sand attacks to help him. When he faced Rock Lee, all he could do was get beat up until Rock Lee was unable to move anymore. When he faced Sasuke in the tournament, all he could do was defend himself til Sasuke penetrated his stupid defense, which he doesn&#39;t even call up himself. It protects him no matter what, which is like having a body guard fight for you.

So tell me, why do people like Gaara? He&#39;s a stupid little kid that can&#39;t fight, he shouldn&#39;t even be called a ninja. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
what the hell? this is like saying lee is stupid cuz all he has is taijutsu.

unbelieveable.

DeathscytheVII
Mon, 01-26-2004, 03:38 AM
Gaara is cool but one thing that bothers me is how he doesnt move at all.
As the son of a Kage, i would think that Gaara would show some more shinobi skills. If gaara used his sand while running with kunais and shurikens that would we sweet. Yea RUNNING&#33; not staying in one place with your arms crossed. I really think Gaara is a couch potato.

Sasuke comments him having kakashi-style sneakiness when they first meet, and he uses the Gourd pretty cleverly to absorb the Ura-renge. But other than that he has done nothing to show that he can strategize or any other shinobi quality. He doesnt even show if he is even physically fit, with the sand doing his work and all. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Viet-Elite
Mon, 01-26-2004, 03:39 AM
So what you are trying to tell us is that using only sand is cheap ass&#33;? Then wouldnt just only using taijutsu be cheap&#33;?

Karasu
Mon, 01-26-2004, 07:22 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ComeComeParadise @ Jan 26 2004, 01:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Shino is Alot like Gaara atleast from what I think about Shino. He has his bugs we dont know if he can do jack fucking shit other than use his bugs.. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Ha. Shino kicks ass. The bugs are a &quot;ninja tool.&quot; Wait until you see him get to fight. And for the guy who said they like Gaara because he got rid of Lee... what the fuck have you been smokin? Lee and Gai-sensei are two of the most entertaining characters in the series. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Duuuh ?.

Yes Shino is a cool guy.. Yes Shinos bugs are a NINJAH tool http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif But so is Gaaras Sand in a way.. I stated that ppl always whine and whine on Gaara and his sand.. Wtf have you seen for instance Shino doing other than stand there using his bugs.. It isnt a rant on Shino just an thought. And still noone whines on a charracter like that, cause he&#39;s a good mystical guy..

Lee and Gai are cool guys. Yes they are but I dont think Gaara is cool just cause he whooped Lee.. That was just something that was going to happen.

Ähh it&#39;s no use trying to explain Gaara to the ones that dont like him http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif I dont want to force you to like him just take him for what he is.. And the fact that he probably can whoop most when he is serious.. We have yet to see what the &quot;demon&quot; is like we have no clue if Gaara has any control over that thing or if it acts alone..

I dont know if someone commented on me comparing Naruto and neji and the rest to the lameness that you say Gaara. I know Sasuke is talented without the Sharingan. But he is just that, he will never stand a chance vs a guy like Lee without it, without copying moves and so on. Hence Lame in the subject of Gaara beeing lame for doing what he does. Neji could probably also be skilled without his bloodlines. But again I doubt he could beat someone like Lee without his Hyuuga style and so on and so on.

Everyone has their abilities its a big part of the Naruto world.. Even tho Lee dont have any ubar jutsus he still has his way of fighting wich makes it pretty uber too. Gaara has his way. You can think it is lame and all that but it still is efficiant cause he does what he is supposed to be doing. Kill

Oboro
Mon, 01-26-2004, 07:36 AM
Omg everyone who said Sasuke is cool for copying Lee&#39;s taijutsus deserves to be boiled. Lee had been working his freaking ass off, YOU SAW HIM CRYING HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT... Lee has it so tough, he&#39;s been working his whole life to get stronger and faster, and when he really is strong, someone walks up and gets what he trained for so long for in a few minutes. It&#39;s a ripoff. Sasuke is cool, but Lee-kun is the man&#33;

Oboro
Mon, 01-26-2004, 07:39 AM
You should be ashamed of yourselves, is that how I raised my son?&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

joker-kun
Mon, 01-26-2004, 07:41 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Oboro @ Jan 26 2004, 06:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Omg everyone who said Sasuke is cool for copying Lee&#39;s taijutsus deserves to be boiled. Lee had been working his freaking ass off, YOU SAW HIM CRYING HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT... Lee has it so tough, he&#39;s been working his whole life to get stronger and faster, and when he really is strong, someone walks up and gets what he trained for so long for in a few minutes. It&#39;s a ripoff. Sasuke is cool, but Lee-kun is the man&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I dont think Sasukereally copied Lee, I think Kakashi trained him with Lee&#39;s taijutsu, cause if you recall Sasuke was in the hospital, which therefor means he couldnt have copied it.

Vagabond
Mon, 01-26-2004, 07:52 AM
I think he copied it when he fought Lee right before the exam started. Also even if he copies it he still has to work to get good at it. It takes some work. Accept that Sasuke has an advantage over everyone because he can copy their techniques. Don&#39;t whine about it, just makes you look more immature.

Karasu
Mon, 01-26-2004, 08:33 AM
Yeah dont whine on Sasuke, dont whine on Gaara dont whine on anyone http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif It&#39;s the way it is.. It seems unfair to Lee that Sasuke copied atleast the moves Lee used on him when they first met. But without using &quot;Lee&#39;s&quot; speed Sasuke would have allready been a dead Uchiha. So in the terms of living up to what he is supposed to to it was the right thing to do, and the smartest thing for him to do.. It wont make any differance cause I dont think he can beat Gaara whatever he trains for. But nontheless maby the only moves he could use to stay alive.

And I think even if Lee feels sorry for not beeing able to surpass Sasuke with his own style he might feel a little bit honored that the 2 geniouses?spelling Sasuke/Kakashi... Have used his style of fighting to get out of one troublesome spot and now again vs Gaara.

mage
Mon, 01-26-2004, 09:30 AM
whats so good about gaara?

http://veepers.hanes.com/service/RetrieveC...04-93801D9ED7CE ('http://veepers.hanes.com/service/RetrieveCard?id=E22307E8-5067-11D8-9B04-93801D9ED7CE')

(let it load http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif)

skyro
Mon, 01-26-2004, 11:35 AM
Random comments:
-Sasuke did copy Lee&#39;s taijutsu. Kakashi said Sasuke had already copied it when him and Lee fought before the 1st exam so that&#39;s why Kakashi just trained him to use it.
-Gaara doesn&#39;t move around because he has a heavy gourd on his back. Even in the Naruto video games Gaara moves around slow, but he has range so he is sort of like dhalsim (sp?) from Street Fighter 2. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif
-People seem to be focusing on how powerful Gaara is. That is not the point of the post. No one is debating that Gaara is weak. People are just saying that Gaara seems to show no tactics, he is just a powerhouse.
-The point of my post was that I think if you took away Neji/Sasuke&#39;s powers I think they can still be at least decent ninjas even because they show smarts and tactics. If you took away Gaara&#39;s sand I think he&#39;d be pretty weak. Or to put it another way if you gave Gaara&#39;s powers to anybody they&#39;d be strong, but if you gave Neji&#39;s or Sasuke&#39;s powers to anybody (like Sakura http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif ) they still might not be very strong.
-For Shino, in the Zaku battle you&#39;ve already seem him use tactics. He messed around with Zaku&#39;s mind, and used it as a distraction to set up his bugs. And he didn&#39;t just use his bugs, he saw Zaku&#39;s weapon and came up with a way to use his bugs to disable Zaku&#39;s main weapon. And like I said there is more to come of Shino.
-I don&#39;t really hate any character in Naruto, I don&#39;t think of myself as a Gaara-hater, or a Sasuke-hater, or whatever. I actually think Sasuke is a pretty good character, and Gaara for a villian is not bad. Also I guess the post also is sort of asking why Gaara is so popular. That, I don&#39;t really know why when awesome villians like Zabuza get almost no love.

Mange Sharingan
Mon, 01-26-2004, 12:07 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TwisT @ Jan 25 2004, 08:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Why should he do anything other then just stand there?? He is so powerful so countless assasins have not even been able to hurt Gaara.. So he didn&#39;t think that Rock Lee would get past the Sand.. If he had giving his all from the start Rock Lee would be dead now.. Maybe you would have wanted that???

Trust me.. Gaara is very powerful if he gives his all.. He has a Demon inside of him and look at Naruto how powerful he became when he tapped in to that power.. And Gaara can control his demon.. Naruto can only borrow chackara from his.. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
It&#39;s not a Demon, it&#39;s a sand priest

Unidentified
Mon, 01-26-2004, 12:24 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mange Sharingan &#064; Jan 26 2004, 11:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TwisT &#064; Jan 25 2004, 08:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Why should he do anything other then just stand there?? He is so powerful so countless assasins have not even been able to hurt Gaara.. So he didn&#39;t think that Rock Lee would get past the Sand.. If he had giving his all from the start Rock Lee would be dead now.. Maybe you would have wanted that???

Trust me.. Gaara is very powerful if he gives his all.. He has a Demon inside of him and look at Naruto how powerful he became when he tapped in to that power.. And Gaara can control his demon.. Naruto can only borrow chackara from his.. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
It&#39;s not a Demon, it&#39;s a sand priest </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I guess it would be a spoiler to say how he looks but it must be some giant ugly sand priest.

ComeComeParadise
Mon, 01-26-2004, 01:01 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Shino is Alot like Gaara atleast from what I think about Shino. He has his bugs we dont know if he can do jack fucking shit other than use his bugs.. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Ha. Shino kicks ass. The bugs are a &quot;ninja tool.&quot; Wait until you see him get to fight. And for the guy who said they like Gaara because he got rid of Lee... what the fuck have you been smokin? Lee and Gai-sensei are two of the most entertaining characters in the series.

Amano Ginji
Mon, 01-26-2004, 01:24 PM
Wow, Hero-Sennin. You Like To Use The &quot;Man&quot; Word Alot.

Anyways, Gaara&#39;s Cool. He&#39;ll Probably Get Better, Or Worse. Either Way We&#39;ll Have To See.

skyro
Mon, 01-26-2004, 01:27 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Unidentified &#064; Jan 25 2004, 03:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rEkKaShInObI &#064; Jan 25 2004, 02:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> gaara just stands there and look likes a bad-ass mother f*cker.

did you see how he was screaming his balls off when his sand was penetrated? classic man&#33; gaara seriously cant do much, i bet sakura can whoop him if he didnt have his sand. end of story </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Well Garaa does have a demon. I don&#39;t think ANYONE in that stadium could beat him transformed, because even the Kazekage couldn&#39;t kill him(or was scared to). Did you see his arm when the shield went down, that&#39;s only a small part of him. Plus the sand is part of him, you could say that Sasuke will get whooped without his sharingan, neji will get beat without his byukagan, Naruto will lost without his Kyubi, Shino would be nothing wihtout his bugs, etc.... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
rigggght... so if nobody can defeat Gaara&#39;s demon then he will kill everybody in the leaf and that&#39;s the end of Naruto? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/huh.gif BTW this is sarcasm this not a spoiler...

Me personally, I don&#39;t like him, I don&#39;t hate him. I mean, his battles are tight you HAVE to give him that (vs Lee and vs Sasuke and more to come...). But yeah I don&#39;t really see him as a ninja. The only ninja-like thing I ever saw him do was when he switched out his body when Lee did the initial lotus on him. And most of Gaara&#39;s jutsus are either not controlled by him (sand shield) or requires no thought or intelligence (sand armor). He just... does em. And even what everybody is afraid of, his &quot;demon,&quot; isn&#39;t controlled by him as seen when he is &quot;talking&quot; to it when he shells himself up. He is less of a ninja and more of a vessel of a demon so to speak. And if you compare this to Naruto, Naruto is already at the point where he can fully control himself while influenced by the Kyuubi chakra.

And what you said about the others are wrong:
Sasuke: he was #1 in his class BEFORE he got his sharingan (and he also did stuff vs the demon brothers, Haku, etc all before his sharingan).
Neji: Neji is smart, he knows how to use his byakugan effectively. Byakugan does not equal a strong ninja automatically. See the difference between Hinata and Neji. Whereas with Gaara&#39;s abilities probably even Sakura could kick arse...
Naruto: He fought Kiba w/o his kyuubi and won, also those mist (or rain?) ninjas outside the tower in the 2nd exam. I&#39;m sure there&#39;s more I&#39;m forgetting as well. I&#39;m not going to say Naruto is the brightest kid on the block but he has one hell of a will.
Shino: Shino is smart. Tactically in *real* combat (unlike Sakura). Most likely only 2nd to Shika of the leaf genins IMO. His bugs are not a powerhouse, you can&#39;t just send em out all willy-nilly and expect it to work. You can see evidence of his tactical prowess in the Zaku fight, but us manga-readers (which are probably the majority of the Shino-fanbase) know his upcoming fight shows it even more. Can&#39;t spoil it but it is coming up.

edit: @Hero-Sennin - Heh you sound high or something, or possibly drunk when you posted that. But I agree with you the whole Mist country/Zabuza act was IMO the best Naruto arc of all (even up to where the manga is right now), and I STILL think Zabuza was the coolest, most bad-ass villian in Naruto period. Hey, I mean he actually *looks* like a ninja, which seems to be rare in Naruto even though it is a ninja-anime...

villin
Mon, 01-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Gaara&#39;s leetness is due to his unique nature and abilities. Besides, anyone who would kill you for no reason at all is damn cool.

skyro
Tue, 01-27-2004, 03:48 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Unidentified @ Jan 27 2004, 12:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mange Sharingan &#064; Jan 26 2004, 11:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TwisT &#064; Jan 25 2004, 08:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Why should he do anything other then just stand there??* He is so powerful so countless assasins have not even been able to hurt Gaara.. So he didn&#39;t think that Rock Lee would get past the Sand.. If he had giving his all from the start Rock Lee would be dead now.. Maybe you would have wanted that???

It&#39;s not a Demon, it&#39;s a sand priest </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I guess it would be a spoiler to say how he looks but it must be some giant ugly sand priest. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Ha&#33; It&#39;s the SPIRIT of a sand priest&#33; I win http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Gaara doesn&#39;t move around alot because of his gourd and sand armor that is correct. There really isn&#39;t any other reason. And Gaara causes lots of trouble later on this much is true.

I&#39;m pretty sure in the anime it has already been stated that Orochimaru is now &gt; Hokage and Kakashi (who is a top jounin) is about = to Kabuto.

itsgalf
Tue, 01-27-2004, 05:09 AM
I don&#39;t like Gaara, he&#39;s boring to watch...and his intent on killing attittude is unexciting as well. [/opinion]

Crimson
Tue, 01-27-2004, 07:17 AM
Well if you dont like the figurs in the anime

THEN MAKE YOUR OWEN DAM ANIME

All the figures are ther for a reason and symbolises difrent aspeckts of the human nature...

Simpel simpel now stop you wining or im going to kick you ass

Karasu
Tue, 01-27-2004, 01:01 PM
Skyro thats true alot of the other badguys dont get enough credits.. It was a real drag that Zabuza had to go and die http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif..

Not even Orochimaru gets enough credits sometimes. And I think that man is a badass, even tho we dont know atleast not we anime viewers what he can do. I still get the feeling he can whoop Kakashi silly with his pinky. he can beat the crap out of Gai, and Genma and what not. Still some ppl think &quot;normal&quot; joinins can beat him so easily. Hokage isnt worried about someone that a normal everyday jounin can beat just like that.

And maby you are right about if you strip the sand from Gaara he might be totaly useless. But didnt he talk to Naruto and Shikamaru about him beeing teached the secrets of the Shinobi by his father.. I guess it&#39;s the Sand way but anyway, he might have things he can to except the sand too. And the part about Gaara is heavy is yes due to gourd and alot because his sand armor.. There must be a reason to why he mostly just stands arround.

Hehe he has some tactics when fighting too but it isnt required for him like it is for Sasuke and the rest. Gaara just needs to be setteling him self down sometime and train.. cause when everything comes arround he and the rest are just kids yet.. Gaara might need to face someone really strong to motivate him even more than just do what he has done so far.. So he might become a real pain in the ass for everyone later on. I do hope so http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif.