PDA

View Full Version : Verification status: Frozen

hiroshi
Sat, 01-24-2004, 04:43 AM
Ok. I've finished downloading a folder full of anime episodes. It comes to around 5.76GBs or so of data.

It's totally completed and my BitTorrent application has completely verified it. However even though it indicates it's completely verified, it's still verifying it rather than moving it into my folder as completed. It's been stuck like this for 2 days now, and refuses to complete the verification.

I have tried telling the application to ignore the current verification status and re-verify, and i've even tried telling it to assume the file is 100% complete and re-verify. But it's still hanging on the verification stage for no reason at all.

Can anyone help me out here, or give me a good method to get around the verification? This is really annoying because i spent soooo long downloading this =P

Mayunosuke
Sun, 01-25-2004, 04:49 AM
I never realised there was verification lol, but do you mean after you've connected and people are dling off you and its verifying? or do you mean you connected and its verifying but you're not a seed? Well anyways either you somehow messed up some part of the data or someone gave you bad data

Just try watching the anime files anyways, if they're still .torrent im not sure on the exact format lol, just rename the file to animetitle.avi remember .avi, if you mess it up I can't help you there lol and if it doesn't work then http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif easy come easy go.

BadGuy
Sun, 01-25-2004, 06:37 AM
uuuh you are probably using some client which places something in the temp dir first and then puts it into a completed dir. I think it might not be able to handle 5 gig of data. I'd just try and see if you can watch whatever is in the temp folder. if it all works then just manually place it wherever you want.

and if you want to be sure try using the normal bt client or shadow's experimental client to complete the files.

hiroshi
Sun, 01-25-2004, 07:05 AM
The Verification is what BT does after you've completed your download. It's where it makes sure everything is correct and you don't have any bad data. This also happens 'as' you download but sometimes will do a complete cycle at the end. If it finds bad data during this process your client will re-download the data that was marked as bad on your end.

My client does indeed keep all the information in torrent format in a temp directory and moves it all once it's completed. It should be able to handle 5GBs, because it's managed to download a 8GB data file before.

Unfortunately due to the system my client uses, i can't simply move the files over to another client so easily. My clients are simply .torrent, but they are .torrent.sd
That is because the .sd contains "Shareaza Data" which speeds up the download by sharing and searching the other networks other than BT.

I've asked on the IRC, but the guy there didn't know anything about the BT system, and i asked in the forum but i have not had any response. It's exceptionally busy there all the time, and i wouldn't be surprised if i never get a response from anyone there regarding this matter.

Can anyone help me? =_=;;

hiroshi
Mon, 01-26-2004, 02:38 AM
I tried that. But it didn't make any difference. Both the original BT program that was developed and the Shadow BT failed to recognise it as a valid bittorrent file after i had renamed it with the extension .torrent instead of .torrend.sd

sarf
Mon, 01-26-2004, 12:04 PM
Try renaming the .torrent.sd files to .torrent. They most probably are backwards-compatible with the usual .torrent format, although non-compatible proggies can't download using the Shareaza Data.

Sarf
---
Programs aren't released, they are allowed to escape.

sarf
Sat, 01-31-2004, 12:01 PM
Ouch!

Not good. I thought the .torrent.sd thingy simply was an extended version of the .torrent file type. Oh well.

Luckily for you, I found a topic that is relevant on Shareaza's forums : Guide: Recovering or Continuing a Shareaza bt download in another bt client ('http://forums.shareaza.com/showthread.php?threadid=10553') - it seemed detailed enough.

Good luck!

Sarf
---
Christmas is the time of year when Jesus rises from the grave to feast on the flesh of the living.

hiroshi
Sat, 01-31-2004, 01:33 PM
Yeah, i've solved the problem. Someone created some sort of program which extracts information from your file by using the torrent as a reference. But the .torrent.sd was totally useless to me, i had to re-download the .torrent by right clicking and "save as" and putting it somewhere. Then i simply used the cool program to extract the information.

In fact, i think the page you just linked even refers to that program somewhere =P