PDA

View Full Version : Burning games

hiroshi
Sat, 01-24-2004, 04:55 AM
meh... well. I hate to tell you this, but just in case you didn't know. To use burned images of games on your console, you need to have the console chipped so that it accepts those specific DVDs and stuff.

Check out Mod-Chip.com ('http://www.mod-chip.com') or Modchip.com ('http://www.modchip.com/') for more info regarding this. You can get hardware here, which you can install without opening your console if you want, but they arn't as effective as the chips and may not work all the time.

EG:
For the chip: MAGIC V for all V5-V10 PS2 consoles
It states:
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>The Magic V ModChip allows you to boot any PS2 or PS1 Import and Backup Game (CD-R, DVD+/-R) without swap method and without the help of an Action Replay 2 or Gameshark 2.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

The swap method btw, is where you put an original game in, with the lock (located under your PS2 CD Tray) on the top of the game and load it. As it loads you quickly take it out and put the burned version in. I wouldn&#39;t recommend this method though. As for the other method concerning the Action Replay or GameShark, i don&#39;t know that method.

Anyway. As for burning them onto the DVDs. Refer to your chip/part to see what formats it supports.

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 01-24-2004, 05:20 AM
ok i really need some help. i dled Xenogears and i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to burn it onto a disk so that i can play it with my PSX bc i hate playing games on my computer. i burned it once with Nero but when i tried to play it it didnt work so i i was wondering if u need some sort of pugins to burn ISO&#39;s to disk or is it something else. so if anybody can help ne plz do and thanks in advance.

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 01-24-2004, 09:30 AM
so wut should i use to burn the games i mean when i was burning it it was saying that something about image ready or preparing image to burn and baout 10 minutes later it was finished and it said burn succesful, am i doing something wrong or do i need som,e sort of plugin for nero to burn the games and i alreayd have a Ps that is Modchip ready

DB_Hunter
Sat, 01-24-2004, 09:42 AM
Yeah if I could just throw in a question as well I downloaded Budokai 2 for the PS2 and I have also downloaded Alcohol 120% nto burn the image file(s). When I stick in my DVD-RW it says unformatted disc... what should I do? Nero can use the disc fine I&#39;ve tried it there.

Rock Lee
Sun, 01-25-2004, 02:18 AM
Btw if your gonna burn games make sure you burn at slow speeds and be certain that your using a main stream no noname burners and high quality media. More often then not, DVDRW and CDRWs are not an acceptable form of media for burning games.

Uzumaki Naruto
Sun, 01-25-2004, 03:47 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joker-kun @ Jan 25 2004, 12:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> hiroshi answered you http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

its not your burning, you need a mod chip for your console... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
but i said twice that i alreayd have a playstaion that has a mod chip in it

hiroshi
Sun, 01-25-2004, 10:25 AM
If your modchip accepts the format that you&#39;ve been burning (DVD+/DVD-/CD-R etc) then you should just be able to burn it normally. Nero should do the job, but for DVDs i would advice using DVD Decryptor.

DVD Decryptor can Burn ISO image files straight the the DVD, but it also has the Brute force method as well in the event that your DVD-ROM dosn&#39;t recognise the data stream. If Nero failed, it&#39;s likely your DVD Writer failed to recognise the stream properly, and burned it using the wrong method. For instance, if it&#39;s RAW information, which most consoles use, it&#39;s unlikely that your PC will understand this information and your DVD Drive will fail to burn it properly.

The DVD Decryptor uses Brute Force on occasions like this, where it burns in Binary Form (Each individual 1 and 0). However for this method to work correctly you need to leave your computer with as few processes as possible and burn very slowly to make sure it gets the info down correctly.

Incidentally, this program is also the best program for making DVD Images onto your PC. You can download it for free Here ('http://www.dvddecrypter.com/').

Unfortunately, i don&#39;t have too much experience myself with this sort of thing. So if DVD Decryptor is unable to burn it properly, i don&#39;t know how to help you on this matter.

Oh and btw, make sure you have formatted your DVD to the correct UDF that matches the DVD type that your chip will accept. Here is a list of the UDF formats you will require for each format:

CD-R: UDF 1.51
CD-RW: UDF 1.51
CD-MRW: UDF 1.51
DVD-R: UDF 2.01
DVD-RW: UDF 2.01
DVD+R: UDF 2.01
DVD+RW: UDF 3.01
DVD-RAM: UDF 1.02

You MUST format your DVD in the corresponding UDF that your Chip reads. After it&#39;s formatted in the correct UDF, you can then proceed to burn the image on. It&#39;s most likely that Nero decided on it&#39;s own, what UDF to use and it turned out the UDF it used wasn&#39;t accepted by your Chip.

joker-kun
Sun, 01-25-2004, 01:34 PM
hiroshi answered you http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

its not your burning, you need a mod chip for your console...

Uzumaki Naruto
Mon, 01-26-2004, 02:42 AM
i have no idea bc i i borrowed the psx from my freand and he had ahad his other freind sintall the chip for him.

hiroshi
Mon, 01-26-2004, 03:36 AM
hm.... it&#39;s quite possible that the chip dosn&#39;t support the formats then. it could be just one simply for allowing you to use imported versions, multi-region DVD player without the Action Replay, etc.

See if you can find out from your mate. If you remember what the chip looks like specifically you may be able to identify it simply by looking at the pictures online at the modchip website. Because some chips look quite unique to the others.

But if you could find out the specific chip you have, that would be a huge amount of help.

hiroshi
Mon, 01-26-2004, 05:28 AM
Meh... what chip are you using? I will look into it.
For the regular burns it&#39;s still UDF 1.51, but your chip may only read the format if used in conjunction with either the disk swap method or the action replay method. I don&#39;t know, tell me what your chip is and i will look into it and get back to you asap.

Uzumaki Naruto
Mon, 01-26-2004, 01:33 PM
but is it the same for a regular disk bc i dont use dvd disk i use regular cdrs and its not for a ps2 its for the psx

Vagabond
Fri, 01-30-2004, 12:04 PM
I dunno if this is the same as the swap method, but my friend was able to play burned ps2 games with only gameshark(both the cd and the memory card). It was awhile ago so I dunno if using the other thing is easier to use.