PDA

View Full Version : Question about rasengan

Vagabond
Fri, 01-23-2004, 11:29 AM
In one of the chapters where Naruto is learing the rasengan Jiraiya says it would be useless for Naruto to learn the hand seals. My question is, How would the rasengan change if Naruto learned and excuted the seals for it? Would it make it stronger or something? Which brings me to my next question.
What do hand seals really do? They don't seem to serve any purpose except for making the jutsu look fancy. Does it have something to do with selecting the specific jutsu?

Insomniac
Fri, 01-23-2004, 11:57 AM
if a jutsu has been performed before then Kishimoto decided to shorten the jutsu hand sequence because we've all seen it before

basically hand seals assist the chakra molding and flow when they're doing that technique

probably the hand seals would make it stronger due to increased molding but there were probably too many seals for jiyaira to bother teaching him

khaodessy
Sat, 01-24-2004, 02:56 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VagabondLBD @ Jan 23 2004, 10:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> In one of the chapters where Naruto is learing the rasengan Jiraiya says it would be useless for Naruto to learn the hand seals. My question is, How would the rasengan change if Naruto learned and excuted the seals for it? Would it make it stronger or something? Which brings me to my next question.
What do hand seals really do? They don&#39;t seem to serve any purpose except for making the jutsu look fancy. Does it have something to do with selecting the specific jutsu? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
there were no hand seals to learn with the resangan its just major charka control. it looks like naruto does seals because he moves his hands around to get the charka to spin in all directions. remember to do the resangen you have to do all 3 steps. naruto has to move his hands to do the 1st step.

Vagabond
Sat, 01-24-2004, 03:00 AM
There are hand seals but Jiraiya didn&#39;t teach them to Naruto.

khaodessy
Sat, 01-24-2004, 03:04 AM
thats because there isnt any seals to the resangan. jaraiya says it in the chapter its something like &quot;dont worry about trying to remember any hand seals because there is none.&quot;

jing
Sat, 01-24-2004, 03:24 AM
yup.

The Kyubi Naruto
Sat, 01-24-2004, 04:43 AM
Isn&#39;t it funny that someone just keeps on saying something and is then proved wrong? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Oh well... I suppose rasengan doesn&#39;t require any handseals. (a BIG supprise http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif )
I&#39;m not sure but wasn&#39;t it similar to chidori in that you don&#39;t have to make handseals?
I&#39;m not into chidori since it&#39;s a lousy technicue. (and used by sasgay)

Jiraya didn&#39;t make handseals I recall (could be wrong) and Naruto definately didn&#39;t do any&#33; It&#39;s all about chakra control. (moving it, using it to maximum, and maintaining it)

oh and RASENGAN rulez&#33;

Vagabond
Sat, 01-24-2004, 11:17 AM
Um here, i&#39;m just going by what I read.
Oh and sasuke does make hand seals when he does the chidori.
Edit: People please stop using &quot;sasgay&#39; it is getting old.
http://www.narutoblast.com/gallery/albums/Mangascans/Volume17/chapter151/chapter151_11.jpg

Hotsuma
Sun, 01-25-2004, 02:53 AM
I love the quote &quot;Bring out the jutsu in you.&quot; Sounds like an infomercial. Heh, heh.

Anyways. I guess it&#39;s possible to do Rasengan, by also doing seals. He implies that it&#39;s ok to just use chakra, but also somewhat insinuated that there could be some seals involved in doing the Rasengan, when he said &quot;You don&#39;t have to memorize such a difficult seal.&quot;

Raven
Sun, 01-25-2004, 02:55 AM
Maybe using seals makes the jutsu more efficient and powerful in it&#39;s chakra distribution, but it&#39;s still possible to perform a clumsy, raw version using only chakra?

Just a guess.

Mgslee
Sun, 01-25-2004, 03:28 AM
I always thought of hand seals as a sort of crutch Ninja&#39;s can use to perform techniques... kinda like the equivalent to Wizards in Harry potter needing Wands.

The rasengan is just a mini tornado and can performed with a difficult hand seal. But in Naruto&#39;s case its probably easier and better for him to create it by just brute forcing the move with chakra

Also using a ninja technique without hand seals makes the ability come out a heck of alot faster... and rasengen takes long enough to form as is.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 01-26-2004, 05:58 AM
learning the Rasengan by chackra control is much more efficent for naruto.
- he learns to realese large amounts of chackra.
- he learns to focus those amounts - chackra control.
- Sasuke won&#39;t be able to copy the rasengan.

from what i understood, the hand seals are for mixing chackra types, so by parctising jutsus without seals, he learns to better control he chackra, and reduces the risk of being over taken by the ninetails.

Vagabond
Mon, 01-26-2004, 06:20 AM
How would it be different if he learned the seal? Wouldn&#39;t he still have to learn how to control the chakra?

Hatake Kakashi
Mon, 01-26-2004, 06:30 AM
You guys are fighting over a translation error, most likely. Jiraiya doesn&#39;t do the hand seals at all if I remember correctly, does he?

If he doesn&#39;t do them..then it is safe to say there are none, and that page that was posted was poorly translated. Just looking at the grammar and stuff it is obvious that the person isn&#39;t 100% fluent.

There are seals for the Chidori, but I don&#39;t remember Sasuke doing them on the rooftop fight, only in the stadium.

I think Kishimoto doesn&#39;t use them anymore, since there is no sense in wasting panels for characters just doing seals.

Vagabond
Mon, 01-26-2004, 06:44 AM
Maybe there aren&#39;t any but i&#39;m just going by what i read. Even if they are not 100% fluent I don&#39;t think they would mess up that bad with something. Also it may not sound right because it is impossible to translate some things in Japanese.

Magnus
Tue, 01-27-2004, 10:04 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Insomniac @ Jan 23 2004, 10:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> if a jutsu has been performed before then Kishimoto decided to shorten the jutsu hand sequence because we&#39;ve all seen it before

basically hand seals assist the chakra molding and flow when they&#39;re doing that technique

probably the hand seals would make it stronger due to increased molding but there were probably too many seals for jiyaira to bother teaching him </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I agree. Naruto is as dumb as Goku. It would take as long as it did for him (G) to learn the fusion technique.

jing
Tue, 01-27-2004, 10:22 AM
i have the real copy of the manga in japanese, what i could do is scan it out, cuz i dont know how to read it... i just bought it in japan for pride&#39;s sake.