PDA

View Full Version : Manga: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Munsu
Fri, 01-23-2004, 03:09 AM
I'm looking for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 1... does anyone know where to get it?

Preferrably an mIRC channel or a torrent... thanks

any help is appreciated!

Munsu
Mon, 02-09-2004, 12:33 PM
For those interested anime-4ever (a4e) released the first 3 episodes, but they dont have any torrents... you need to get them of their IRC channel... you can get bot listings here: http://depthstrike.com/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=6 ('http://depthstrike.com/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=6')

I recomend it...

Munsu
Wed, 02-11-2004, 02:36 AM
Well I like it very much... not much happening yet.. the last 3 episodes should be awesome.... The story is good especially if you saw the introduction first...

Anyways theres another OVA like a prequel that's even better so I think it's worth it just to get the whole feel for the series

Hyuga Koji
Wed, 02-11-2004, 04:29 AM
If it's the first OVA that does the end of part 3 that's the one i want.

I'm getting the prequel DVDs but they're taking forever for the 3rd disk to come out.

Munsu
Wed, 02-11-2004, 09:00 AM
Yeah, it's the first ova... a4e currently has released an introduction and up to episode 3 of 6

Terracosmo
Wed, 02-11-2004, 10:51 AM
Great taste man. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is the best manga ever done, the anime is also excellent though waaaaay too short. It makes me very happy every time I see someone liking it.

As for what you seek... I have the first OAV series of 6 eps. I don't know how to get it to you however. The second series I have seen, but with worthless subbings... I hear Anime Scy Scraper are releasing it. Oh and if you are looking for the manga, I have some nice links for you too if you are interested. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Edit: Seems you've found what you're looking for already. Ah well. Again, great taste however.

Munsu
Wed, 02-11-2004, 11:01 AM
Well if you could find me the manga links you mentioned I would greatly apreciate it...

Terracosmo
Wed, 02-11-2004, 11:07 AM
For Part 1 (finished) & 2 (wip): http://www.ignition-one.com/ ('http://www.ignition-one.com/')
For Part 3 (finished), 4 (finished), 5 (wip) & 6 (wip): http://jojo.highervoltage.net/ ('http://jojo.highervoltage.net/')

As you might know, the manga is around 80 volumes and therefore split up in 6 parts.
Part 3 is the one that was made into anime, because it became the most famous.
You can read them in any order at all, just that there will be some references you won't understand if you read them wrongfully.

Ecchi^Kinetic
Wed, 02-11-2004, 11:59 AM
<span style='color:blue'>is it worth getting it?</span>

Terracosmo
Thu, 02-12-2004, 02:04 AM
ASS doesn&#39;t have the best quality or translation, but it&#39;s still more than decent.
And considering it&#39;s JoJo, a series which nobody seems to be translating, we can&#39;t be picky.

Munsu
Thu, 02-12-2004, 06:03 AM
Cool thanks... now the long wait for the last 3 episodes from a4e...

Are you familiar with Anime Skyscraper projects? to see if they are any good?

Munsu
Thu, 02-12-2004, 07:50 AM
Do you think that I should wait to see the first OVA before starting to watch the second? I know it&#39;s prequel but...

Hyuga Koji
Thu, 02-12-2004, 08:30 AM
Unless you know absolutely nothing about part 3 (which i&#39;m sure isn&#39;t the case)

whatever you can get you should get

I&#39;d go ahead and get it just look at the manga for the prequel until it comes out.

Terracosmo
Thu, 02-12-2004, 08:40 AM
I guess you should see the prequel first if you get the choice... I watched the first series first though since it came out first.

Hyuga Koji
Thu, 02-12-2004, 12:08 PM
I&#39;ve only seen their Fist of the North Star OVA and it was pretty good if the damn DVDs weren&#39;t taking so long i&#39;d wait because Anime Techno Arts is supposed to release all of part 3 on DVD and there are HK bootlegs out there that are pretty cheap.

Hyuga Koji
Mon, 03-01-2004, 06:29 AM
I looked at the episode titles on anidb.com and it looks anime4ever and animestudio are doing the first OVA (the end of part 3 from N&#39;Dul to Dio)

Animeskyscraper has released episode 1-5 of the 2nd OVA or prequel which are being released in America by Super Techno Arts.

a4e might be confused by STA putting out the whole series in order from the beginning of part 3 to the end (so they use reverse order)

Munsu
Mon, 03-01-2004, 06:45 AM
a4e is definately releasing the second ova instead of the first... do you know where to get anime studio? irc, torrent?

anyways... I havent read the manga so I dont understand when you talk about parts in general...

If my understanding of your post is correct... STA is releasing the second ova and will later on release the first ova? I&#39;m sorry I couldnt understand the last part of your post... can you clarify please... my head hurts from an exam I just took...

Hyuga Koji
Mon, 03-01-2004, 06:50 AM
Sorry i just assumed you read the manga since you were interested in the series

Anyway Super Techno Arts is releasing the prequel first and then the first OVA one after the other (it&#39;s taking them forever and a day though)

Part 3 of the manga covers the fights of Jotaro and the rest of his crew until the final fight with Dio.

No i don&#39;t know how to get the files (else i&#39;d have em) i just looked at this link

http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=788 ('http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=788')

Munsu
Mon, 03-01-2004, 07:04 AM
Nah I didnt read the manga...there are so many mangas I want to read but I cant find the time with all the anime series I want see... I just browse so the anime series in websites to look for some that seem interesting and Jojo was one of them... I even went to zhentarim forums and a4e forums to recommend them for future rips by their groups because I wanted this series so bad and couldnt find it...

Terracosmo
Mon, 03-01-2004, 08:02 AM
You really should toss exactly everything aside and read the JoJo manga because I swear to the almighty Dio-sama it&#39;s the best fucking thing ever made.

Munsu
Mon, 03-01-2004, 08:07 AM
Do you know of any scanlation groups? or links? I&#39;m a cheap bastard

* shouln&#39;t this be moved to the anime discussion or the manga discussion? I dont care really... but maybe some more poeple will join in to discuss this

Munsu
Mon, 03-01-2004, 10:58 AM
Damn... now I&#39;m confused...

I downloaded 5 episodes from animeskyscraper to get the second OVA but to my surprise the episodes where the same as what a4e claim to be the first ova... I think that a4e is incorrect... even at anidb.net they say that they are releasing the first ova when it is infact the second...

Anyone has more info on this?

*When I say second OVA I mean prequel for your reference

Munsu
Tue, 03-02-2004, 02:01 AM
I dont doubt it... i&#39;ve watched the as you know 5 episodes of the anime and I love it... and you are telling me the manga is even better... so I cant waste no time... I still have to catch up with my Berserk manga reading... so I think I&#39;ll push Berserk back a little bit

Terracosmo
Tue, 03-02-2004, 02:44 AM
Dude the anime isn&#39;t even 5% as good as the manga... it&#39;s waaaay too short&#33;

Terracosmo
Tue, 03-02-2004, 01:50 PM
Mondongo didn&#39;t I give links to both of the translator groups a few posts back? ;P

Here is the same post again:

--

For Part 1 (finished) &amp; 2 (wip): http://www.ignition-one.com/ ('http://www.ignition-one.com/')
For Part 3 (finished), 4 (finished), 5 (wip) &amp; 6 (wip): http://jojo.highervoltage.net/ ('http://jojo.highervoltage.net/')

As you might know, the manga is 80 volumes and split up in 6 parts.
Part 3 is the one that was made into anime, because it became the most famous.
You can read them in any order at all, just that there will be some references you won&#39;t understand if you read them wrongfully.

Volumes are split up like this:

Part 1: 1-5
Part 2: 5-12
Part 3: 12-28
Part 4: 29-47
Part 5: 47-63
Part 6: 64-80

Munsu
Tue, 03-02-2004, 01:56 PM
You are right.. forgot that you posted links... didnt reread all the post... i&#39;ll get on them as soon as I can

Thanks

Terracosmo
Tue, 03-02-2004, 01:58 PM
No problems. Glad to spread JoJo.
It&#39;s, as I said so many times already, the best thing ever made.

Terracosmo
Sun, 03-14-2004, 08:43 PM
So did any of you guys read enough of JoJo to tell us how you like it?

Munsu
Sun, 03-14-2004, 09:00 PM
Havent downloaded it yet... just got back from spring break... but i'll have it soon enough... anyways... one question... is the manga finished?

Terracosmo
Sun, 03-14-2004, 09:10 PM
In japanese, yes it is. 80 volumes. About 50 volumes are scanlated if you sum up all the translated volumes from the different series.

RasenDori
Tue, 09-14-2004, 09:06 AM
oh thank god i found this! thank you terracosmo! ive been dying to read part 1 and 2!

Terracosmo
Tue, 09-14-2004, 10:21 AM
No problems at all, makes me happy to see a good topic of this revive... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

RasenDori
Wed, 09-29-2004, 09:48 PM
hey...whats up with the jojo.highervoltage site... man... i need my fix of jojos bad...

Hennyo
Tue, 10-05-2004, 02:32 AM
hmm i'll see about best thing ever but if someone that has a decent amount of experiance in manga is saying this then its probally well worth my effort . I'll now add it to the over 200 differnt manga i have read oh and btw my all time favorite manga is 3X3 EYES tho im kinda sad the translation of it is going so horribly slow.

HAHAH i wasnt even thinking but i already have this well thru chapter 123 which i have read btw thats vol 13 and from reading what i have i fail to see how this is anywhere near the best thing ever but mabey your right it gets better but so far it isnt tho it was a respectable read tho i admit. Well at least i now know where to get more of it from

I just noticed you said part two wip well its finshed tho no clue where i got it from but i would be glad to give it too you terracosmo tho you would have to get on irc and pm me. My nick is the same as it is here and i hang out in Inanes channel 24/7

Oh and btw the link that you gave for parts 3,4,5,6 just opens up a window that just says hello i would like to continue reading from what i have

Terracosmo
Tue, 10-05-2004, 04:08 AM
Yes part 2 is finished, I know that, and I have it all. Thanks anyway though.

Yes the series becomes much better at vol 13 (part 3) because they start using "stands" there.

The "hello" means that the site is down.

Hennyo
Mon, 10-11-2004, 07:15 PM
hey terracosmo that site for the latter vol of jojo has ben done for a really long time. Well the thing is i was wondering if i could get the latter jojo from you or if you knew someone that had it cause ive searched everywhere and havent found a thing beyound what i have already. I also have connections with manga archive which owns 11 xdcc bots with lot of manga and wanted to get the rest of jojo and put it all up on the bots that way it can be spread around. Well im on irc in Inane's channel or my msn is xxhennyoxx@hotmail.com Any help getting it would be greatly appericated thanks.

kAi
Sun, 11-21-2004, 10:38 PM
Jojo has been licenced by Viz and is scheduled for an April release.

RasenDori
Wed, 12-22-2004, 09:34 PM
kai... you kidding right? this is either a dream come true.. or my worst nightmare... i cant decide
they will sooo change half the names

Terracosmo
Sun, 01-23-2005, 12:20 AM
Really? That's amazing.

In the meantime, several new chapters have come out at http://jojo.highervoltage.net/

PSJ
Sun, 01-23-2005, 08:32 AM
terra im going to trust you on this one and download some.. i hope its as good as you say

Terracosmo
Sun, 01-23-2005, 09:16 AM
It's better.

Stoopider
Sun, 02-06-2005, 03:22 AM
Hmm.m Link at Ignition one is down... can't seem to download

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-07-2005, 09:06 AM
Well a lot more chapters are up now (at the usual links that I've already provided) in case anyone is still reading this (AND YOU SHOULD).

Munsu
Thu, 07-07-2005, 09:15 AM
I've downloaded the greater portion if not all of what's on the links... don't know when i'll get around on reading it... maybe soon since i lost most of my manga and have been watching a lot of anime lately..

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-10-2005, 08:00 AM
You should make a lot of time for it, cuz when you start reading you won't stop. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Paulyboy
Thu, 08-11-2005, 01:39 AM
Ive searched up the anime and manga on anidb.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Prequel:

This second OVA series serves as an immediate prequel to the first OVA. About a hundred years after his cataclysmic battle against one of the Joestar family, the vampire Dio has been fished out of the ocean and freed. Thus begins Josef Joestar and his grandson Jotaro`s involvement in the Joestar-Dio feud as Dio`s freedom awakens the Stand-powers of Josef and street punk Jotaro for the first time. They must gather allying Stand users - warriors imbued with a Tarot card symbol that designates their power and face Dio in order to save Jotaro`s mother Holly who is affected by the curse of Dio.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure:

Based on the long-running manga by Hirohiko Araki, the first OVA series follows Josef Joestar and his 17-year-old grandson Jotaro as they attempt to finish the family blood feud against the immortal vampire Dio. Josef and Jotaro have gathered several mystical warriors each with powers representing one card from The Stand (a variation of Tarot cards), with Jotaro having powers over the strongest Stand - the Star Platinum. Dio himself has gathered Stand warriors and together they face off for the sake of Jotaro`s mother Holly and domination of the world.

Well right now im reading the 1st chapter and it seems alrights so far.

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/ani...show=anime&amp;aid=788 (http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&amp;aid=788)

PSJ
Wed, 08-17-2005, 07:58 AM
This manga is the shit. Seriously i have never read anything better. Part 3 got everything, good characters, amazing action and an amazing story. Hirohiko Araki mixes funny with sad and serious in a great way, it is also filled with emotion. A chapter can start out funny and end as the most serious chapter in the manga, his turns and twists just blows you away.

Part 2 and 4 are almost as good as Part 3. They are not more than an inch behind, Part 2 don't have as much characters as Part 3 &amp; 4 and Part 4 don't have as much death which is what makes JoJo stand out from other Shounen series. You don't know if and when a main character will bite the dust. The deaths in Jojo is amazing they have so much emotion in them i guarantee you that you will feel sad and chocked a couple of times throughout this manga.

Part 1 is also good it's very raw and ruthless every now and then.

Damn i like this manga, i'm just sad that all of Part 5 &amp; 6 aren't scanslated.

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-17-2005, 10:17 AM
See, just listen to PSJ. He has seen the light!

I agree, part of what makes JoJo so amazing is that it's entirely unpredictable when it comes to who will survive and not.
Cliches and generic shounen elements are hard to find in this series, making it so much better than everything else.

PSJ
Mon, 08-22-2005, 04:17 PM
I am finally at the road of torture that is called waiting for new Jojo chapters. Read all of Part 5 that is scanslated and all of Part 6 that is scanslated. Also 5 chapters of Part 7.

Its amazing that all of them end at so incredibly intense moments and that is also a bit frustrating since you just want more and more.

?igma
Mon, 08-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Is it better than Angel Sanctuary ? (and for those that are now going to bomb my true-love-forever-addiction to Angel Sanct, screw you) b/c AS has top chars, top art, top athmosphere, topstoryline, top everything, except that the current only excisting version of it is slightly badly scanned.(tad dark)

PSJ
Tue, 08-23-2005, 08:29 AM
Yes it is better.

Munsu
Fri, 09-16-2005, 09:17 PM
http://jojo.highervoltage.net/part5/vol_55.htm

Chaps 70-73 out...

I should start reading Jojo fairly soon, hopefully this weekend

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-16-2005, 09:32 PM
AWESOME i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif Thanks for the heads up. I actually didn't notice that new stuff was out.

Some new Steel Ball Run (JoJo part 7) chapters out too:

http://ignition-one.com/series.php?sid=22

Munsu
Sat, 09-17-2005, 04:10 AM
BTW, how far has ignition-one released Jojo? I only have up to volume 13 from them

Terracosmo
Sat, 09-17-2005, 07:22 AM
I-O has finished parts 1 &amp; 2, it doesn't look like they'll continue on part 3 (at least not beyond the point where they are now, which is like vol 13), so you'll have to continue from the other site. Not even half as good quality as I-O, but one can't really be picky when it comes to JoJo.

Also, the new part 5 chapters were awesome.

Munsu
Sat, 09-17-2005, 07:34 AM
Yeah, i started comparing part 3 from I-O and the other guys, and the difference is extraordinary... I think they simply had much better raws.... which i don't think should be that hard to find...

Terracosmo
Sat, 09-17-2005, 07:36 AM
Also, I-O is a group, while the other scanlation is by one single guy.

PSJ
Wed, 09-21-2005, 03:43 PM
The new part 5 and 6 chapters were great. I want more now!!

The part 3 scanlations are good enough for being done by one guy, the same goes for part 4. I think we should be thankful just to find them at all.

Terracosmo
Wed, 09-21-2005, 06:02 PM
Yeah. This series is so underexposed. So brilliant, yet...

Terracosmo
Tue, 10-11-2005, 05:02 PM
New part 6 chapter out

Terracosmo
Sat, 02-18-2006, 04:10 PM
Though I'm probably just beating a dead horse, I'll still inform you that another 10 chapters has been released for this brilliant manga.

Volume 55 is now complete, and 56 is halfway done.

PSJ
Mon, 02-20-2006, 08:05 AM
The newest chapters are fucking awesome (74-84, part 5). I can't believe how much drama and action he can pack into just 10 chapters, any other manga will feel like a sloppy kids work compared to this masterpiece. There were 2 unexpected turns in this batch which is alot for 10 chapters. If you haven't downloaded them yet go do it. They are avaible at jojo.highervoltage.net

bagandscalpel
Wed, 03-01-2006, 06:47 PM
This series is indeed something else. The battles are simply amazing, each as unpredictable as the last, and most of them revolve around strategy more than anything else. The characters, too, are also amazingly diverse, and their Stands even more so, especially during and after Part IV (the power to attach zippers to anything is top tier).

But, I seem to have run into an obstacle of sorts... So far I've read all of what's been scanslated so far from Part III to the most recent in Part VI (not yet sure I should start Steel Ball Run), and I'm curious to how the whole thing started. Problem is, the Ignition One site seems to be completely threadbare at the moment, and I'm wondering where else I may find Parts I and II. Thanks in advance.

PSJ
Thu, 03-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Both me and Terra got them, i could offer to send them, problem is that i don't have them on this comp but on another one that isn't hooked to the internet at the moment. Ask Terra nicely and i'm sure he will do it, if not i'll send you a PM once my other comp is online again.

Terracosmo
Sat, 03-04-2006, 11:11 AM
3 new chapters out, 88-90!

Gogogo!

PSJ
Mon, 03-06-2006, 07:40 AM
Yay! Some more awesomeness coming up.

bagandscalpel
Fri, 03-10-2006, 01:43 PM
@PSJ: Thank you for the offer, however, recently I've discovered I could actually download Jojo from the mangatraders site (who'd thunk it???).

Well, at any rate, I can now read the entire series. First impression from Volume #1 is: Dio is the biggest asshole in the world and Jonathan (knowing what would happen to him later) seems to be getting shafted... a lot.

Terracosmo
Sat, 03-11-2006, 06:43 AM
Indeed, Dio is the biggest asshole in the world. Just you wait though, what he does later on in the part is even worse. :D

Terracosmo
Sat, 04-01-2006, 10:32 PM
91-93 out. Finishing the current fight and instantly starting the next one.

Goddamn, Narancia kicks ass.

Terracosmo
Thu, 05-25-2006, 11:04 PM
Vol 57 is finished and 5 chapters of vol 58 also. So like 8 new chapters or so.

And no, I will never quit bumping this thread. APPRECIATE THE DAMN SERIES YOU MORONSSSS!!!!

Dark Dragon
Thu, 05-25-2006, 11:18 PM
It is sad that this manga is unpopular and yet there are still people willing to put up and watch Naruto fillers, there too many great masterpiece that is underated.

bagandscalpel
Fri, 05-26-2006, 12:26 AM
I'd have to agree with you, there. Unfortunately, it would seem as though the whole vampiric "WRYYYYYY" is more popular than the series itself (and was the means by which I was drawn into the series). Naruto's good and all, but I think it's about time the orange jacketed, blonde-haired one stopped using the Rasengan, and started mashing people with steamrollers... Only then, I speculate, would Jojo get the audience it deserves.

As good as Jojo is, my only qualm would be that every preceding Jojo gets nerfed, horribly, in every subsequent storyline.

RasenDori
Fri, 05-26-2006, 12:51 PM
well all the previous jojos get so crazy strong by the end of their part of the series it would be uninterresting if they didnt get nerfed. especially jotaro. he would own everyone.

Terracosmo
Fri, 05-26-2006, 08:12 PM
Jotaro was still pretty damn awesome in part 4 though, and in part 6 he is even more feared by everyone. The way he lost his powers was really just a fluke.

bagandscalpel
Sat, 05-27-2006, 01:25 AM
Clarification time~

In retrospect, I think my complaint only truly deals with two of the Joestar clan: Joseph and Jotaro. Seeing as how Jonathan died in the first part, this can't be applied to him. Josuke, though cool, lives in the imaginary town of Morioh Cho, and therefore ceases to exist after his part's finished along with everybody else (save Koichi, whom by association with the God of BadAssitude, Jotaro, can exist outside Morioh Cho); therefore, the argument's moot in his case. GioGio, probably doesn't return in Part VI (I wouldn't know, I haven't gotten that far, yet; though it seems to be the case), and therefore can't be discussed. Finally, a true sequel to Part VI hasn't even been written, yet.

As Terra pointed out, Jotaro still retains his "Za Warudo" level of awesomeness to some extent after Part III... So as it turns out, the one I truly hurt for is Joseph. I mean, after Part II, there's pretty much nothing to dislike about him (tommygun in the jacket pocket was indeed nice), and he even beat the Supreme Lifeform, to boot. Alas, in every part after that in which you see the guy, he gets worse and worse... first getting shafted with the poor-man's Stand, and then becoming a wrinkled old shell of his former self who felt he had to kill himself after failing to earn his son's respect. Bah, that was long.

Terracosmo
Sat, 05-27-2006, 07:49 AM
True, true. But hey, I guess that's what they call development. I enjoy all of Joseph's different incarnations for various reasons. In part 3 & 4 he's just plain hilarious, and in part 2 he is, of course, the most badass guy around.

Come to think of it, part 2 really did kick a lot of ass. Ceasar has to be one of the best supporting characters.

Oh and about the new part 5 chapters:

Awaken, Spice Girl! :D

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Good ol' bumpaliciousness...

Chapters out all the way to volume 59, chapter 6.

Links to the latest chapters on this forum topic page:

http://highervoltage.net/mb/showthread.php?t=251&page=202

The preceding ones can as always be obtained at the JoJo downloading site hosted by Highervoltage.

AWESOME STUFF.

It made me cry.

bagandscalpel
Tue, 07-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Great chapters; Metallica's just like Magneto (except on a local scale)!

Silly Doppio, everybody knows the only thing you can find behind a rock in the open is an electrical outlet.

And a salute to Abacchio, the new Kakyoin. There hasn't really been something quite like this since Part III.

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Doppio is so hilarious... I love how he mixes in that silly humor during the fight. Fights between two badguys are automatically ultra awesome, too.

And yes.. Abacchio :(

bagandscalpel
Tue, 07-11-2006, 11:02 PM
The end-all of Jojo villains.

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/8398/11471977195603zv.jpg

...Because someone with this power simply can't be a protagonist.

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-12-2006, 02:00 AM
HOLY SHIT that is one HOT design for a character!

I'd totally want to see that! McDonald stand!

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-14-2006, 01:35 AM
Bump, more:

http://highervoltage.net/mb/showpost.php?p=636557&postcount=4040

Man, Cicciolatta is one fucked up bastard. Even by JoJo standards.
Interesting stand name though. Green Day!

bagandscalpel
Fri, 07-14-2006, 04:24 AM
I find this Green Day comparable to both The Grateful Dead and Notorious B.I.G. in terms of obscure activation method and ravenousness.

And I'm still amazed at how diverse the gang members' fashion senses are.

Terracosmo
Mon, 09-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Though this topic is more of a dialogue between mr. scalpel and me, I will never stop updating it. That's right, NEVER.

http://highervoltage.net/mb/showpost.php?p=644400&postcount=4054

5 new chapters.

Arrivederci! Fucking big plot twist this time.

bagandscalpel
Tue, 09-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Praise be to Terra, the herald of Jojo.

Awesome chapters and yet another seemingly impossible-to-beat enemy; damn, it keeps getting better towards the end! And, it's finally about time that a mass-destructive Stand gets to do what it does best.

Glad they finally clarified Bucciaratti's status, but the comparison between him and Notorious B.I.G. was kinda... odd.

rockmanj
Tue, 09-05-2006, 10:18 PM
I think i might start reading this; it looks kind of interesting...

bagandscalpel
Wed, 09-06-2006, 02:18 AM
Oh, almost forgot.

I would also like to point out that ARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARI cannot compare with the likes of ORAORAORAORAORAORA nor MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-07-2006, 11:09 AM
I think i might start reading this; it looks kind of interesting...

It's the best manga ever made. Don't let the early chapters' crudeness in art turn you off though. The first 3 parts (especially the first one) aren't the most awesome stuff around graphically, although each part improves vastly over the last one, but the story, action and characters are MORE than worth it. And then in part 4, the art gets gorgeous too. Or well, gorgeous if you're into bizarre stuff... WHICH YOU SHOULD BE!

rockmanj
Thu, 09-14-2006, 09:07 AM
I dont know why i should be into bizarre things, but its turning into s really interesting story; im just having trouble finding chapters.

Kensee
Thu, 09-14-2006, 12:54 PM
I dont know why i should be into bizarre things, but its turning into s really interesting story; im just having trouble finding chapters.

Manga traders has A LOT of the manga on it if not all. Check it out.

Munsu
Sat, 09-16-2006, 02:40 PM
JoJo's Bizarre Adventures Movie (2006-09-15 17:38:38)
Animate reports that Studio A.P.P.P will produce JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood Project, a 90-minute anime destined for theatrical release next March. Along with a Phantom Blood Project PS2 game, the movie will celebrate the 25th anniversarry of the initial release of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure manga. Source: Animenation [ discuss (11 posts) ]

bagandscalpel
Sun, 09-17-2006, 01:44 AM
Phantom Blood, eh? Would that make it the first part? Still, it should be interesting to watch and gives me hope for a Part II animation.

Terracosmo
Wed, 09-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Yes, that's the first part. Those news have been around for a long time, I hope that isn't an indication that it will be dropped...

rockmanj
Thu, 09-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Wow, i started part 3, and now i cant stop reading!! Darn you Bud and Terra!!1 Darn you for introducing me to the sweet nectar of jojo!! :-\

Terracosmo
Mon, 10-02-2006, 05:32 PM
ANOTHER PERSON HAS JOINED THE CULT :D

Enjoy your stay in the world of JoJo, it will keep you captive FOREVER!

bagandscalpel
Mon, 10-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Wow, i started part 3, and now i cant stop reading!! Darn you Bud and Terra!!1 Darn you for introducing me to the sweet nectar of jojo!! :-\

Be not distraught! You have taken it upon yourself to indulge in something legendary; be proud of it!

...Pity, though. Upon seeing Terra revive this thread, I had assumed some new releases had chanced upon this community.

rockmanj
Sat, 10-07-2006, 12:30 AM
ANOTHER PERSON HAS JOINED THE CULT :D

Enjoy your stay in the world of JoJo, it will keep you captive FOREVER!

Hmm...i didnt think i was singing up to join any cult

bagandscalpel
Thu, 02-22-2007, 08:27 AM
Ahh, shame on me, even I've nearly forgotten about this series as it is...

But, that has all changed, and amazingly, they're now up to chapter 7, volume 61 in Part V. Ah, it feels like being reacquainted with an old friend.

Get it here:
http://jojo.highervoltage.net/part5/volumepage.htm

animus
Fri, 02-23-2007, 10:41 PM
I just read the first chapter, and according to these comments it seems to be really good. But I'm not sure if I can get past the art. I'm sure it'll be amazing later on maybe, but currently it's kinda hard to stomach the art.

Terracosmo
Fri, 02-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Stomach the damn art, you spoiled brat!

You won't regret it. Especially not considering that it gets a LOT better.

As for part 5, it's nearing completion and it's been a really enjoyable ride even though the waiting times has sometimes almost killed me... but I have endured and I'm happy for it, because I still believe this is the best manga ever made.

Shirou
Sun, 02-25-2007, 04:44 AM
Where can I find part 2 of this? mangatraders has up to volume 4, then it skips to 13 and the highervoltage page is missing parts 1 and 2.

Terracosmo
Thu, 04-26-2007, 08:32 AM
Bump again obviously!

Part 5 is almost done, only one volume to go. Also, all scanlated chapters in existance now exist on this site for your downloading pleasure:

http://jojo.highervoltage.net/

ENJOY!

And if you haven't started reading yet then fucking get to it!

bagandscalpel
Thu, 04-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Ahh, yes, the most anticipated time in any Jojo series when the mangaka says: "To hell with reason!"

Part V could almost be ridiculous if it weren't for the fact that it is Jojo... Now, all that's left is for Cars to plummet back down to earth, and for Dio's undead soul to awaken in Giorno.

Terracosmo
Tue, 05-01-2007, 12:44 AM
lol

I'm having a damn hard time understanding how King Crimson works.. but I like it, I really do.

But.. SPOILERAZZZ

Narancia's death was very undramatic. It happened REALLY fast and all that. Then again that gives a certain moving effect as well...

Havokin
Fri, 06-29-2007, 10:22 PM
King Crimson's ability is confusing, yes, but I will try to clear it up since I managed to get it first time-through.

You have a string of time. It goes from point A to point D like normal time, and between A & D is B and C: |A------B-------C-------D|

Dio's ability was to stop time, hence, say, at point B, time would stop for a grand total of 8 seconds (his highest length of stopped time).

King Crimson's ability, instead of stopping time, puts a place-holder at B, and continues normally to C. Once he reaches C, his stand reverts back to point B - allowing him to not have actually spent any time at all. He can, however, not only see the events of the length of time between B&C, he can act in it. Any action he takes between B&C (the first time)'s results are then brought with him to point B when he reverts. (this is how he was able to take that hole out of Bucciarati after moving, and move around the pillar.

Basically, it takes The World, and adds a instant-replay effect, the end result of which can be changed.

Nasty buisness...

Also, anyone know when volume 63 is going to be done? I dont want to move onto part 6 without finishing Part V, and I cant find volume 63 anywhere... If you know where to find it, that would be even better, and could you post a link here?

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-05-2007, 12:21 AM
Whoa, well that put some more light on it.

Yes, in fact part 5 is finally done!
It's actually really weird, it's been sooo long, hell, I think 3 years ago or so when part 5 started getting scanlated. To see it completed at last.. well.. really weird feeling. Enjoy!

http://highervoltage.net/mb/showpost.php?p=695014&postcount=4141

bagandscalpel
Wed, 07-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Well, that was quite some finish; there's nothing quite as final as finishing off a dangerous foe by trapping them in an infinite loop. That being said, Golden Age Requiem is really nothing more than an upgraded Killer Queen Bomb No. 3, disappointing really.

Still, I can't help but notice that ever since Part IV, there've been a whole lot more plot holes littering the field. Oh well, at least the final two-page spread was beautiful.

Havokin
Wed, 08-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Whoa, well that put some more light on it.

Yes, in fact part 5 is finally done!
It's actually really weird, it's been sooo long, hell, I think 3 years ago or so when part 5 started getting scanlated. To see it completed at last.. well.. really weird feeling. Enjoy!

http://highervoltage.net/mb/showpost.php?p=695014&postcount=4141
OHMIGOD I LOVE YOU! HAVE MY BABIES!!!
Nah, but glad to help clear that up for ya! And thanks tons for the link, now I can fianlly finish part 5 and move on to Part 6...

bagandscalpel
Wed, 08-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Regarding part 6, is it worth reading as a Jojo title? From the bits of info I bothered gathering, I've heard of some really odd (even compared to the previous parts') events which made it seem like the author was going off the deep end for this one. Stuff like "Jotaro losing powers" and "world ending" come to mind; so I'm rather wary about checking it out.