PDA

View Full Version : banned...

liveordie56
Thu, 01-22-2004, 12:52 PM
I was banned from the mirc server even though all i did was idle. I think this happened because of a link i clicked on in the mirc server from a PM. I checked up and someone said I was a spammer, while i was playing a game. Therefore I was banned. I would like to be unbanned plz. If you can't, then all i know is that i did not do anything wrong and that I did not do this by my will. I have been to the animeone IRC server serveral times and to think that I did something that was bad over all that time is strange to me. Anyways, I hope that you unban me. My ip is:

*!*@pool-138-88-212-127.res.east.verizon.net

My name is FourthD|ColtFusion

EDIT: The edit was to include my name and my IP address

Krbadass
Fri, 01-23-2004, 02:35 AM
ummm our irc channel isn't #animeone sorry its #gotwoot. and your not banned there

JessiA
Fri, 01-23-2004, 09:50 AM
In IRC, open up your alias list (CTRL+R), and do a find on for "alias advertise_now" and accompanying junk. If you find it, delete it. This is only a temporary measure, you will be infected again when you next reboot, so you need to run a virus scan.

That could be one of many problems that is causing you to spam. There are a few worms out there that will create a line in your IRC remotes or aliases that makes it so that whenever you join a channel, you message people (without knowing it) with spam junk.

Have you clicked on any images names britney.jpg or something like that?

hiroshi
Sat, 01-24-2004, 04:45 AM
This is the ANBU forum. They are affiliated with Aone, but are not specifically Aone themselves. There are many other fansub groups related to Aone and work alongside them, ANBU just so happens to be one of them.

JessiA
Sat, 01-24-2004, 04:54 AM
Actually, this is the Gotwoot forum.. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif; not ANBU. Gotwoot != ANBU, remember that.

hiroshi
Sat, 01-24-2004, 04:57 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JessiA @ Jan 24 2004, 08:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Actually, this is the Gotwoot forum.. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif; not ANBU. Gotwoot &#33;= ANBU, remember that. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Hang a sec. That&#39;s confusing. If Gotwoot = ANBU
then how come the Gotwoot forum dosn&#39;t = ANBU?

JessiA
Sat, 01-24-2004, 05:41 AM
Gotwoot doesnt = ANBU, gotwoot just distributes ANBU-AonE anime. If you&#39;d look at the torrents, most of what gotwoot distributes is AonE, actually.

Not that we don&#39;t want ANBU fans posting here. We want anime fans of all types to join and post here.. You&#39;ve just got to remember, when it comes to these forums, it&#39;s run by Gotwoot, a third party distribution system for AonE, ANBU, and other AonE partners. Gotwoot, the collective, doesn&#39;t sub anime in any way whatsoever.

Err, I think I ranted a bit there, but I also think (I hope) that I got the point across.

liveordie56
Sat, 01-24-2004, 11:09 AM
yea, and sry, lol, i thought animeone just changed there name, sry for the incovinence

Mayunosuke
Sun, 01-25-2004, 04:56 AM
if you go on animesuki and click on AonE and ANBU, there are links to their main websites and forums well I think so anyways, gotwoot is like...both combined but not really combined http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif