PDA

View Full Version : Japenese text on english keybord.

84K4
Thu, 01-22-2004, 11:09 AM
I;m importing a game caled phantom brave and I need to be able to traslater it , so if anybody knows how to overlay a japenesse layout on a qwerty.Thanks in advance.

-ANBU-Sasuke-
Fri, 01-23-2004, 04:34 AM
well, since the japanese lettering and the english text are different, i don't think that would work. But YOU Could try and find a platic cover for the keyboard with both the english and the japanese characters.

hiroshi
Fri, 01-23-2004, 05:44 AM
You can get the Japanese Font (Kanji) from my website: Here ('http://www.geocities.com/cyko2uk')
Click on the link for the Japanese link, and download and install it by going to your Font Directory and clicking on "File >> Install Font"

Also from Windows2000 and onwards, support is included for Japanese via the Microsoft IME Keyboard Layout. To use it, simply install the IME layout for Japanese in your Keyboard settings.

Legendary Nin
Fri, 01-23-2004, 08:27 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hiroshi @ Jan 23 2004, 05:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> You can get the Japanese Font (Kanji) from my website: Here ('http://www.geocities.com/cyko2uk')
Click on the link for the Japanese link, and download and install it by going to your Font Directory and clicking on &quot;File &gt;&gt; Install Font&quot;

Also from Windows2000 and onwards, support is included for Japanese via the Microsoft IME Keyboard Layout. To use it, simply install the IME layout for Japanese in your Keyboard settings. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
What layout does the kanji font uses? There around thosand of kanji&#39;s.

Legendary Nin
Fri, 01-23-2004, 08:37 AM
Do you have Windows XP? If so,just install the japanese language support.How do you think I type stuff like this ばか.

I was using your name,and not calling you that.Just that I would let you know.

hiroshi
Sat, 01-24-2004, 05:00 AM
Probably individual letters rather than a combination. I don&#39;t really know, why don&#39;t you try it out and see? It reads straight off the keyboard, and it may or may not do the kanji conversions.

Obviously if you want to use the more complex kanji&#39;s, then you should use the IME. But give the font a try and see for yourself =P

itachi_
Thu, 02-12-2004, 03:20 AM
How do i install Japanese, maybe not to writhe in japanese just to be able to display an japanese site correctly, everytime i go to such site it always says &quot;to show this site properly, install japanese&quot; i&#39;m clicking Yes but it ask for my xp-disc whitch i don&#39;t have, aren&#39;t there a patch or something so i can see japanese on internet (kanji, whatever)

Legendary Nin
Thu, 02-12-2004, 05:31 AM
Get a copy of the xp disc.burn it,then use it.I can&#39;t see any other way around it.

hiroshi
Thu, 02-12-2004, 09:27 AM
You&#39;re &#39;suppose&#39; to use the XP CD to install the system. However, it may be possible to download the necessary components in the Microsoft Update Website instead of using the CD.

Click &quot;Start&quot; and click on &quot;Windows Update&quot; and go on from there. Look around the different sections and see if Japanese Support appears anywhere.

itachi_
Fri, 02-13-2004, 06:46 AM
Well, gotta borrow that disc again http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif .

hiroshi
Sat, 02-14-2004, 03:03 AM
hm... btw i just re-read the first post and i understand what he wanted better now.

a Program, cannot be translated just like that. The language used, is put into the code of the program itself. In order to translate it, you first have to decompile the program, insert the translation, and then re-compile the program.

There are occasions when it is possible to use a translation file, and &#39;attach&#39; the file to a specific section of the program. I have myself done this once, but it&#39;s a very delicate system and could quite easily mess the program up if done incorrectly. Also, the chances of you finding a translation script for your specified program, is pretty slim indeed.

If you merely want to display the Japanese text inside your program, then that is also a problem of a similair matter of concern. Because if the program dosn&#39;t display the characters correctly, it could be a number of reasons:

1) You do not have the correct font.
2) It was created only to work on a specific OS. Such as the Japanese version of your OS.
3) The Language system that it uses, is not native to your OS, and must be downloaded and installed as a new IME.

as for any other reason, i do not know of currently.