PDA

View Full Version : Naruto and the fourth hokage

acalistes
Wed, 01-21-2004, 10:03 AM
Just a thought that came across my mind when i hear you say that the fourth just might be Naruto's father.
I got this, reasonably wild idea, where I think that Naruto is the 4th hokage himself. Yeah it does sound shocking but if you look at the similarities that the two have, especially the hair it just "might" be the case don't you think? I mean look at the confidence with which Naruto says "I WILL become Hokage"....couldn't it be that this is because deep down inside of him he knows that he WAS in fact the 4th at some point but can't recall it?
How could this be possible? Well, maybe the seal with which the Kyubi was sealed was a seal that didn't kill the ninja but instead reversed the aging process?
And so he goes back to being a baby, with the Kyubi sealed in him, resulting in those whisker like scars that Naruto has on cheeks.

I mean there are so many references that draw parallels to both the 4th hokage and Naruto that you know for a fact that there is some deep connection. Another example is when Gamabunta tells Jiraiya that he does not need to see the scroll with Naruto's blood print on it, for he was the next person after the fourth to have stood on his head.

I mean it need not be true but it does seem plausible doesn't it? Maybe someone could disprove this if I overlooked some details. Moreoever, maybe this might just be the twist that Mr. Kishimoto Masashi would want to pull over us don't you think in the concluding chapters of the Naruto saga?

What do you all think?

Hatake Kakashi
Wed, 01-21-2004, 10:57 AM
Do a search and find about a million topics like this

Insomniac
Thu, 01-22-2004, 02:46 AM
fact is we may never know until they decide to tell us, theres no real reason to do it as of yet but probably when Atasuki get more envolved

and as was said there is about 10000 topics on this

Mut
Thu, 01-22-2004, 04:50 AM
kakashi is also a genius without any super-ultra-extra-awesome-cool bloodline.

Naruto-god
Thu, 01-22-2004, 05:54 AM
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif Kakashi Got Sharigan thats something to add to his genius.

rleland
Thu, 01-22-2004, 06:54 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (acalistes @ Jan 21 2004, 09:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Yeah it does sound shocking </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
no
i&#39;m sorry
it doesn&#39;t sound shocking

but maybe that&#39;s cause i&#39;ve read posts saying the same 20 times before http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

khaodessy
Thu, 01-22-2004, 07:00 AM
but kakashi didnt always have the sharingan, and is said to be a genius. shikamara is a super genius and has no bloodline limit. the only person that i see people say is a genius because of a bloodline limit is sasuke. if he is so much of a genius then why hasnt he mastered his sharingan. his brother mastered it when he was 8 and sasuke is what now about 13 and still hasnt mastered it. some genius. neji is said to be a genius but he proves why since he is from the branch family and knows serect techniques on his own that are only pasted down to the heir of the clan. he mastered his abilities, itachi mastered his so saying they are genius i can see but sasuke. where is he one at.

Mut
Thu, 01-22-2004, 07:21 AM
sasuke is just a late bloomer.

Chaz
Thu, 01-22-2004, 08:29 AM
lol don&#39;t worry I thought the same thing. Naruto is the reincarnation of the 4th. That or the 4th hokage is the seal that holds the kyubi.

Insomniac
Thu, 01-22-2004, 09:29 AM
the 4th is the ramen that Naruto eats.

kAKASh1-senS3i
Thu, 01-22-2004, 09:44 AM
first of all.. gamabunta told that to jiraiya because he sees the great qualities and hardworking characteristic of naruto LIKE the 4th hokage. not because he is.

and also.. 4th hokage died.. orochimaru wudnt have been able to attempt to ressurect the 4th hokage when fighting sarutobi if it was some aging crap. he died to save his village. i stil think the idea that naruto is son or related to the hokage is plausible tho.

Hatake Kakashi
Thu, 01-22-2004, 10:06 AM
I hate these damn reincarnation topics...

Naruto is the son of the 4th, leave it at that. All the pictures of Jiraiya, Yondaime, and Naruto at the various stages of there life match up to each other.

Their ages also match up as well.

Jiraiya is 50

Yondaime would be in his 30&#39;s

Naruto is 12 or 13.

All the Gennin look like their fathers, and Naruto and the 4th have a resembalance.

Also in the Tsunade intro arc, Kabuto says something to Orochimaru about Naruto:

&quot;Jiraiya is said to be Naruto&#39;s...&quot;

Then he gets cut off by Orochimaru&#39;s &quot;HMMM&quot;

I know he could have said student, but that is rather obvious don&#39;t you think? Why would he point that out to Orochimaru. I think he was going to say they were grandfather and grandson.

Perhaps in his information gathering Kabuto stumbled upon the relation of Jiraiya, Yondaime, and Naruto.

That is my story and I am sticking to it. (Don&#39;t mention that damn Tsunade&#39;s brother, he didn&#39;t look like Naruto as much as Yondaime does.)

Mut
Thu, 01-22-2004, 10:24 AM
tsunade&#39;s brother was naruto without the whiskers dude.

Hatake Kakashi
Thu, 01-22-2004, 10:26 AM
I don&#39;t think so. His hair was completely different and he had red rose circles on his cheek.

If they weren&#39;t pictured side by side I wouldn&#39;t even note the facial resemblance. It&#39;s just manga and Kishimoto wanted a slight resemblance to Naruto, so Tsunade would take some kind of a liking to him.

They don&#39;t look any different than Kiba and Naruto. I think that Kiba is just Naruto with black hair almost when his hood is down.

Momochi Zabuza
Thu, 01-22-2004, 10:30 AM
o cmon, be fair alright, kiba has sharp teeth too haha http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Hatake Kakashi
Thu, 01-22-2004, 10:34 AM
no, seriosly, if you look at the manga pages when he has his hood down, they do resemble each other a bit.

I know it is just a mangaka&#39;s way of being lazy and doesn&#39;t mean anything, but still.

XwingRob
Thu, 01-22-2004, 11:42 AM
LOL, I got a very strange theory about Naruto&#39;s parents.

Mut
Thu, 01-22-2004, 11:54 AM
http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~s_kim/images/pic1.jpg

IT LOOKS LIKE I&#39;M THE WINNER

EDIT: if you want more COMPELLING EVIDENCE, i will personally draw the whiskers on tsunade&#39;s brother and post it here.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 01-22-2004, 12:00 PM
god, from all the possible theories, this one sounds the most unreasoanble one... consider it from the author&#39;s point of view, he spends countless years getting us to like the main hero, and makes us want naruto to succeed against the odds, you think he&#39;ll just end it by saying &quot;but since he is the hokage, nothing didn&#39;t really matter, cuz he&#39;d do it anyway&quot;. it&#39;ll totally screw up the readers minds, and what good will it do to the story?

it&#39;s just like making Kakashi turn out to be the 4th, or have to reavel Jiriya as part of the Akatsuki...
and to have Ranma turn out to be sayian, recca to be a Shaman, and turn Leorio into a mass murdrer...

besides, the 4th was a genious, Naruto isn&#39;t.

Hatake Kakashi
Thu, 01-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Oh god, I hate talking about this damn kid looking like Naruto. Sure he resembles him, I admit that, but he isn&#39;t the 4th Hokage, which some idiot always tries to tell me.

He is just drawn to resemble Naruto a little bit, that is why the hair isn&#39;t exactly the same.

XwingRob
Thu, 01-22-2004, 12:12 PM
The people who think that kid (who looks similar to Naruto) is the 4th, is not thinking clearly. This kid died while he was a kid.
The 4th Hokage died as an adult.
DUH. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

oscar
Thu, 01-22-2004, 01:00 PM
this type of post s r startin to get boring,

Legendary Nin
Thu, 01-22-2004, 01:54 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death BOO Z @ Jan 22 2004, 12:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> god, from all the possible theories, this one sounds the most unreasoanble one... consider it from the author&#39;s point of view, he spends countless years getting us to like the main hero, and makes us want naruto to succeed against the odds, you think he&#39;ll just end it by saying &quot;but since he is the hokage, nothing didn&#39;t really matter, cuz he&#39;d do it anyway&quot;. it&#39;ll totally screw up the readers minds, and what good will it do to the story?

it&#39;s just like making Kakashi turn out to be the 4th, or have to reavel Jiriya as part of the Akatsuki...
and to have Ranma turn out to be sayian, recca to be a Shaman, and turn Leorio into a mass murdrer...

besides, the 4th was a genious, Naruto isn&#39;t. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Not a genious in Naruto terms.All genious in Naruto are genious because of their bloodline abilities.The 4th was a regular guy with an innate amount of skill.

rleland
Fri, 01-23-2004, 02:57 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dazzz @ Jan 22 2004, 10:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~s_kim/images/pic1.jpg

IT LOOKS LIKE I&#39;M THE WINNER

EDIT: if you want more COMPELLING EVIDENCE, i will personally draw the whiskers on tsunade&#39;s brother and post it here. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
the whole point about this part of the story is how naruto resembles them and how that makes tsunade remember them when looking at naruto

i.e. for all you know naruto might be drawn to look like them for that purpose, not for any other

Insomniac
Fri, 01-23-2004, 03:00 AM
Tsunade knew the 4th, he wasnt her brother.
Tsunade met the 4th when he was Jiyairas student and the name Yodaime and Tsunades brothers name(which i cant recall at the moment but its something starting with a T or K) are completely different.

Tsunades loved ones died before they could become hokage, for them it was only a dream. Yodaime became hokage so obviously it wasnt just a dream for him.

Mut
Fri, 01-23-2004, 03:27 AM
just to make sure everyone knows...i was just trying to say that naruto and tsunade&#39;s bro looked alike. i&#39;m not trying to say that her bro is the 4th, blah, blah, etc.

primalspas
Fri, 01-23-2004, 11:00 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hatake Kakashi @ Jan 22 2004, 09:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Also in the Tsunade intro arc, Kabuto says something to Orochimaru about Naruto:

&quot;Jiraiya is said to be Naruto&#39;s...&quot;

Then he gets cut off by Orochimaru&#39;s &quot;HMMM&quot;

I know he could have said student, but that is rather obvious don&#39;t you think? Why would he point that out to Orochimaru. I think he was going to say they were grandfather and grandson.

Perhaps in his information gathering Kabuto stumbled upon the relation of Jiraiya, Yondaime, and Naruto.

That is my story and I am sticking to it. (Don&#39;t mention that damn Tsunade&#39;s brother, he didn&#39;t look like Naruto as much as Yondaime does.) </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
hmm i don&#39;t think jiraiya has any relation to naruto, even when pervy-sennin was younger he still has stark white hair, he looks more like kakashi than naruto. However, naruto is the 4ths son it just makes too much sense to refute. I mean his name is uzamaki (which i believe means whirl or wind or something like that) and the 4th made the rasengan; a whirling chakra attack, a coincidence?

Insomniac
Fri, 01-23-2004, 12:07 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>&quot;Jiraiya is said to be Naruto&#39;s...&quot;</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

apprentice.
it clearly says that Jiraiya is teaching Naruto and thats when Orochimaru and Jiyaira talk about how Orochimaru wants Sasuke and Jiyaira is &#39;wasting his time with no talent such as Naruto&#39;

even Tsunade said &#39;so this is your new apprentice, the 4th was so much stronger&#39; or something along those lines.
it never says anything about Jiraiya being related to Naruto and there are no hints that he is, hes just similiar in the fact that he was a loser when he was a kid just like Naruto

Hatake Kakashi
Fri, 01-23-2004, 12:44 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Insomniac @ Jan 23 2004, 11:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>&quot;Jiraiya is said to be Naruto&#39;s...&quot;</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

apprentice.
</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Apprentice isn&#39;t the right word, more like teacher.

I agree, but still I have a feeling that they are related.

Naruto_-_Kun
Sat, 01-24-2004, 02:47 AM
hahah lets say that since naruto looks like tsunade&#39;s sister that after her first love died that she fell in love with yodaime and had a kid with him lol and then that would mean its in narutos bl;ood to be hokage lol and his mum is hokage http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif....but seriously we all know thats not true, but id like to see more of the uzumaki clan lol mayb thats y they havnt really given us the hokages/jiriayas surnames....coz one of em *IS* related to naruto

babi_cherry
Sat, 01-24-2004, 05:23 AM
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif i actually havent heard ne one mention this before...
but i dont think naruto&#39;s the fourth.... i have been wondering who his parents are though... i dont think it was the fourth...

ComeComeParadise
Mon, 01-26-2004, 12:29 PM
This Thread: &quot;Please please please close me&#33;&quot;

Raven
Tue, 01-27-2004, 03:11 AM
ComeComeParadise, in replying in this thread you actually brought it up to the top when it was probably on its way to the second page. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

hiten mitsurugi
Wed, 01-28-2004, 09:12 AM
Because of the seal, the Fourth and Kyuubi are destined to fight each other for all of eternity. It was explained when the third was using it on Oro. So if Kyuubi exist in Naruto, then so does the fourth. However, Naruto is not the Fourth.

Naruto_-_Kun
Fri, 03-05-2004, 08:18 PM
Alright episode 73 of naruto showed on the 3rds stomach a similar seal to the one narutos got which conjours up so many questions about this already heated debate........it seems possible that naruto could be the fourth maybe he found a way to bypass allowing himself to be locked in eternal battle with in the death gods stomach. its possible considering how he is referred to as a genius and such he could have managed to make himself a kid :S loosing all memory and starting again......prollii for something he did for the death god thoguhi/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

Haku no Fuyu
Sun, 03-07-2004, 01:21 PM
NARUTO CAN'T BE THE FOURTH!!!! He was a newborn when Yondaime died! How can he exist as two separate entities ate the same time!!! Use some logic here, instead of creating theories that can be eaisly debunked. *sigh*

Boogster
Sun, 03-07-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by: Haku no Fuyu
NARUTO CAN'T BE THE FOURTH!!!! He was a newborn when Yondaime died! How can he exist as two separate entities ate the same time!!! Use some logic here, instead of creating theories that can be eaisly debunked. *sigh*

Unfortunately, your strand of logic would deem most of the manga impossible. This is just a story, logic does not apply here. The author has control.

oni roh
Sun, 03-07-2004, 02:47 PM
i'm with everyone when i say that Naruto is the 4ths son, its the only thing that seems logical to me.

Mut
Sun, 03-07-2004, 10:38 PM
i hope naruto is just a regular kid. if he is the 4th's son, then he must've acquired some super genes from the 4th, which kills the "hard work pays off" theme.

oni roh
Sun, 03-07-2004, 10:39 PM
i don't think the fourth had a bloodline that could have been inherited from the 4th, and anyway even if there was it took naruto 3 weeks to master something that took the 4th years

Mut
Sun, 03-07-2004, 10:45 PM
isn't that because he invented it? i think duplicating is a lot easier than creating.

khaodessy
Tue, 03-09-2004, 02:48 PM
creating and learning are different. it took the 4th 3 yrs to create the technical so mastering something your creating would take longer then teaching someone something you invented. i also agree with the 4th being narutos dad because it would give reason to why he was choosen. why narutos family was never really talked about because learning about his dad could make him aware that he sealed kyubi in him which he wasnt apose to know. also why naruto has a natural talent for learning hard jutsu's( but suck at the easier one)

Mut
Thu, 03-11-2004, 09:03 PM
creating the jutsu has to be more difficult, you don't have someone there to tell you what you should be doing. the 4th was on his own but naruto had some help.

Toruxxx
Thu, 03-11-2004, 09:50 PM
well u see ur all wrong!! gamabunta is naruto's dad!! so there!! thread closed!!...

Jman
Fri, 03-12-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by: Hatake Kakashi
I don't think so. His hair was completely different and he had red rose circles on his cheek.

If they weren't pictured side by side I wouldn't even note the facial resemblance. It's just manga and Kishimoto wanted a slight resemblance to Naruto, so Tsunade would take some kind of a liking to him.

They don't look any different than Kiba and Naruto. I think that Kiba is just Naruto with black hair almost when his hood is down.

cmon the next thing ppl might be saying is that hokage is basically the old genin with a hat on.
/jk

meshi
Fri, 03-12-2004, 11:25 AM
mm hi im new and i think that naruto is the 4th son i think that itachi said in the mang that naruto is the 4th sun and that jiraia said the saime thing

Vagabond
Fri, 03-12-2004, 02:34 PM
i think itachi said naruto was the 4th successor. That doesn't necessarily mean he's his son.

ComeComeParadise
Fri, 03-12-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by: meshi
mm hi im new and i think that naruto is the 4th son i think that itachi said in the mang that naruto is the 4th sun and that jiraia said the saime thing

Umm... can you give an exact quote..??

Mut
Fri, 03-12-2004, 08:20 PM
itachi said 'the 4th's inheritance.' i don't remember what jiraiya said.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 03-12-2004, 08:31 PM
Itachi said Naruto was the 4th's "Isan", which can mean anything between "successor" and "inheritance".

"Successor" doesn't necessarily mean son...
And "Inheritance" is just a gift of sorts you leave before you die.

So Itachi's statement is ambiguous at its best and therefore clears nothing up.

ubdevoid
Sat, 03-13-2004, 09:17 AM
I think you should all go and watch episode 56 again i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif It all but flashes up on the screen in big yellow letters.
Jiraiya says "Sorry 4th" When he pushes him off the cliff. He also says "Let's see if the power given to you was really meant to protect you..." Who would the 4th give the power too other than his son? Also the fact that Naruto's mum died....
The constant transition between pictures of the fourth and Naruto. The big Rasengan looking thing on the back of Naruto's coat, coincidence? Maybe...

Fatal_Calamity
Sun, 03-14-2004, 06:49 PM
So it seems that there are people who thinks that the 4 hokage and Naruto are related, but a few thinks Naruto is the reincarnation. Think what u will, but the truth is yet to come. There is one thing I dont get, how would the 4 Hokage technique for sealing the Nine-Tales work? How would the seal be put on Naruto when it is used by the 4th? When the Death God reaches to grab the soul of anyone you wish through your body. Then pulling the soul into you and then killing you also. The seal would be put upon the user. But how can a seal tranfer to a body and to another one?

Copy Ninja
Sun, 03-14-2004, 06:56 PM
There are lots of possibilites about Naruto being Yondaime's son...but if he was Yondaime's son, then the only people who would really know that is Sandaime, Jiraiya, Orochimaru, Tsunade, &amp; Kakashi, basically anyone alive before Yondaime was dead and before he was chosen to be the 4th Hokage. No one knows for sure what was Yondaime's really name is, and if his last name was Uzumaki, then Jiraiya and them would know because you can't call him Yondaime when he wasn't the Hokage yet. Why would Kakashi call his sensei "yondaime or the 4th hokage," before he was ever chosen?

Raven
Mon, 03-15-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by: Hatake Kakashi
Naruto is the son of the 4th, leave it at that. All the pictures of Jiraiya, Yondaime, and Naruto at the various stages of there life match up to each other.

Their ages also match up as well.

Jiraiya is 50

Yondaime would be in his 30's

Naruto is 12 or 13.

All the Gennin look like their fathers, and Naruto and the 4th have a resembalance.

Also in the Tsunade intro arc, Kabuto says something to Orochimaru about Naruto:

"Jiraiya is said to be Naruto's..."

Then he gets cut off by Orochimaru's "HMMM"

I know he could have said student, but that is rather obvious don't you think? Why would he point that out to Orochimaru. I think he was going to say they were grandfather and grandson.

That is my story and I am sticking to it. (Don't mention that damn Tsunade's brother, he didn't look like Naruto as much as Yondaime does.)
All of this makes sense. A little too much sense if you ask me.

It's my belief that Kishimoto has intentionally made this obvious. He'll eventually unload some major twist, I think. It's just too obvious to be true, he's a better writer than that. At least I hope he is.