PDA

View Full Version : Seems like a lot of people have had crummy

Aegis Runestone
Sat, 01-17-2004, 07:03 AM
Sasuke, Haku, Gaara, Neji. They all seem to have had pretty crummy child-hoods that involve the death or lack of family members and it's interesting to see how they all handled it.

Sasuke -> Hunting for the man who killed his family, all we know is that this man has Sharingan and that I THINK he is Sasuke's brother or something...

Haku -> Orphaned and he dealt with it by meeting Zabuza and becoming his "tool".

Gaara -> His family, specificlly his mother was killed and he saw it(this is speculation *shrug*). Like Naruto, a demon was sealed in his body. Unlike Naruto, he believes his purpose to kill everyone except himself.

Neji -> His father died to protect the main family and Byugoken(How do you spell that? :/) power. In his anger, Neji dealt with this by hating Hinata and her side of the Huuyga family and pushed a false belief in Pre-destination. Naruto set him straight though. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif

In any case, it seems like they all of had crummy childhoods, what I like is the fact that the anime shows the characters dealing with it in different ways, which is very realisitc. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

What do you think?

Crimson_Behelit
Sat, 01-17-2004, 07:27 AM
You make a interesting point... Come to think about it, just about every character in Naruto seems to have had a less then perfect childhood. But something like that is to be expected when you live in a world full of ruthless shinobi's. Gaara is something else... The more I learn about that guy, the more interesting he becomes. Something gives me the impression that much later in the series, Gaara might actually become a simi good guy. This is a little far fetched, but it's just a feeling I have...

Aegis Runestone
Sat, 01-17-2004, 07:33 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crimson_Behelit @ Jan 17 2004, 06:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> You make a interesting point... Come to think about it, just about every character in Naruto seems to have had a less then perfect childhood. But something like that is to be expected when you live in a world full of ruthless shinobi&#39;s. Gaara is something else... The more I learn about that guy, the more interesting he becomes. Something gives me the impression that much later in the series, Gaara might actually become a simi good guy. This is a little far fetched, but it&#39;s just a feeling I have... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Heh I&#39;ve been thinking the same thing about Gaara... that would be cool, if he became a sort of &quot;Choatic Good&quot; character rather than a &quot;Chaotic Evil&quot;.... or is he a &quot;Neutral Evil&quot; character?

boomorman
Sat, 01-17-2004, 07:39 AM
Yeah, alot of them had shitty childhoods. I guess it’s a case of that which does not kill us makes us stronger. They had to struggle to overcome obstacles that they were inherently born into, and thus it made them more determined, and more able to cope with future problems. Or in Naruto/ Gaaras case their problems literately made them stronger

Crimson_Behelit
Sat, 01-17-2004, 07:41 AM
Hmm, using the AD&amp;D alighnment system, I would say that he is a Chaotic Evil. Chances are he will never be any type of good, but most likely a Chaotic Neutral type if he ever has a change of heart. It&#39;s hard to be any sort of good when you are someone like Gaara...

Grey_wolf
Sat, 01-17-2004, 07:50 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aegis Runestone &#064; Jan 17 2004, 06:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Sasuke, Haku, Gaara, Neji. They all seem to have had pretty crummy child-hoods that involve the death or lack of family members and it&#39;s interesting to see how they all handled it.

Sasuke -&gt; Hunting for the man who killed his family, all we know is that this man has Sharingan and that I THINK he is Sasuke&#39;s brother or something...

Haku -&gt; Orphaned and he dealt with it by meeting Zabuza and becoming his &quot;tool&quot;.

Gaara -&gt; His family, specificlly his mother was killed and he saw it(this is speculation *shrug*). Like Naruto, a demon was sealed in his body. Unlike Naruto, he believes his purpose to kill everyone except himself.

Neji -&gt; His father died to protect the main family and Byugoken(How do you spell that? :/) power. In his anger, Neji dealt with this by hating Hinata and her side of the Huuyga family and pushed a false belief in Pre-destination. Naruto set him straight though. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif

In any case, it seems like they all of had crummy childhoods, what I like is the fact that the anime shows the characters dealing with it in different ways, which is very realisitc. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

What do you think? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
hmm yeah.. true.

Sasuke is hunting his <u>brother</u> it has been mentioned from time to time.

I think gaara has killed his own mother. Someway Somehow something happend. Maybe she was ordered to kill gaara..or something.

Bayakugan i think

boomorman
Sat, 01-17-2004, 07:54 AM
I think Gaara will end up being good or giving his life in some odd noble act. I&#39;d say &quot;Gaara&quot; is chaotic neutral, however the demon inside him is Chaotic Evil, and it has a strong hold on him.

I thought they said Gaaras mother died when Gaara was born? Like whatever evil demon lurks within him used her for food or something. I know he calls the bloodly sand that protects him mother.

From Konoha's Ghetto
Sat, 01-17-2004, 08:37 AM
About the Gaara/Sand/Mom thing..

http://narutoguide.narutofan.com/biographies_G.htm ('http://narutoguide.narutofan.com/biographies_G.htm')

If you needed clarification or anything

kaigan
Sat, 01-17-2004, 08:43 AM
yeap, gaara&#39;s mom was the food so that he can be born. The person that tries to assasinate him was his aunt.

photonic
Sat, 01-17-2004, 08:47 AM
If Gaara becomes good, i&#39;ll be pissed. That will just seem to much like Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z.

OshadowO
Sat, 01-17-2004, 08:48 AM
gotta be careful talking about garaa&#39;s past. not a lot has been revealed in the anime yet.

back on topic...
there&#39;s a lot of charas tho who haven&#39;t had bad childhoods. Ino/Sakura/Choji/Shika/Shino/Kiba etc. from the bit that we do know about them I wouldn&#39;t put anything that happened to them as tragic.

Rock Lee
Sat, 01-17-2004, 09:37 AM
You knotice that all the real badasses in Naruto are Orphans... Something about having parents that are still alive weakens your ninja abilities. Lee, Neji, Naruto, Sasuke all badasses all no parents. Chouji, Ino, Shikamaru, Shino, Hinata, Kiba all presumed to have parents, while powerful there no match for the unbridled strength of Orphonics&#33;

Due to the content of this thread im moving it to Naruto open and warning everyone who has spoiled in the thread.

Power PMV
Sat, 01-17-2004, 11:27 AM
Well I think Shino is pretty badass, at least comparable with Neji and Lee. Maybe cuz his dad worries more about bugs than him??? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

kimunist
Sat, 01-17-2004, 12:16 PM
the point of them all having weird childhoods and very different backgrounds is:

to show how they have grown from it, and how they act now

it basically makes EVERY one of them unique and changed, and how they act to each other is reflected from it.

this actually seems to make the anime very much more than just an action-packed show.

Aegis Runestone
Sun, 01-18-2004, 03:44 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hakeem_21 @ Jan 18 2004, 05:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Aegis

At least Sasuke,Neji,Gaara knew their parents unlike Naruto who never knew his parents;) </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yup, interesting enough, Naruto is, in my opinion the most positive character of the group and the most inspirational. :)

Hyuga Koji
Sun, 01-18-2004, 04:09 AM
One could argue that at least Sasuke and Neji have a far greater understanding of what they lost than Naruto.

I think Naruto&#39;s biggest hurdle was the fact that everyone hated or at least disliked him than the having no parents part.

Vagabond
Sun, 01-18-2004, 05:32 AM
I agree that Sasuke, Neji, and Naruto had pretty fucked up childhoods but I don&#39;t think it compares to Gaara&#39;s. I mean everyone hated him, even his parents. And the fact that the only person that he really liked tried to kill him makes everything 10 times worse.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 01-18-2004, 06:19 AM
actually, now that i think about it, Haku was quite a basterd...

he got all the heart to heart talks with Naruto, and then he goes and suddenly talks about how he (haku) and sasuke are special becuase of thier blood and how naruto wouldn&#39;t understand... he deserved that Chidori up his ass&#33;

Gaara&#39;s probably the saddest guy around the Naruto manga, i find it harder and harder to hate him, or even say something bad about him...

Sasuke&#39;s story is the simplest one, he has an &quot;X killed my family, i&#39;ll kill X&quot; fixtation... which isn&#39;t half as complicated as Neji&#39;s theories about destiney, or even Naruto&#39;s hokage dream.

btw: here&#39;s something to counter all Sasgay&#39;s fans, when they start telling you how sad Sasuke is and how horrible his past was and that it justifies his gay behavior, just say &quot;Heck&#33; I&#39;m sad too&#33; but you don&#39;t see having 2 million fangirls or acting like a dick...&quot;

Hakeem_21
Sun, 01-18-2004, 06:37 AM
Aegis

At least Sasuke,Neji,Gaara knew their parents unlike Naruto who never knew his parents;)

Insomniac
Sun, 01-18-2004, 01:21 PM
Gaara cannot become good, he cant control his sand when hes feeling anything emotional at all which means he&#39;ll constantly kill even if not trying to

AznPerson
Sun, 01-18-2004, 01:45 PM
you forgot naruto, choji and rock lee

Narto had no parents and no friends

choji had no friends execpt shika and people called him fat

rock lee had no friend sucked at being a ninja and constantly picked on

If they didn&#39;t have a crummy past then there would be no story

Legato 2057
Mon, 01-19-2004, 02:53 AM
Having these &quot;crummy childhoods&quot; are important to a story. It makes for flawed characters, and if the characters are not flawed, they cannot grow and become better. Look at Sakura, she had a normal childhood (no indication otherwise) and she turned out to be a boring character. The more complicated (i.e. screwed up) childhood a character has, the more ways there are for that character to better them selves.

Of course, then there&#39;s Shikamaru, who seems normal anough and kicks ass anyway http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_gap.gif

Hotsuma
Mon, 01-19-2004, 03:03 AM
Gaara had the most messed up childhood. Naruto, Sasuke, Neji, and everybody else&#39;s life were powderpuffs compared to Gaaras.

villin
Mon, 01-19-2004, 03:37 AM
The reason for their &#39;crummy backgrounds&#39; is to illustrate how each character dealt with the adversary of their lives. By far Gaara had the worst background. While his mother was pregnant Gaara&#39;s father used a jutsu to combine the unborn Gaara with the sand demon Shukaku. His mother then died giving birth and cursing the life of her son to be filled with everlasting pain and loneliness. Then for the first 6 years of his life everybody feared and hated openly. And then by his father&#39;s order the only person Gaara thought he could trust and loved his tried to assassinate him. Gaara killed him(his uncle) but before he died he told Gaara that noone had ever loved him and infact hated him. After this for the next 6 years his father ordered numerous assassinations of him. It doesn&#39;t get any more screwed up than that.

Aegis Runestone
Mon, 01-19-2004, 03:51 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legato 2057 &#064; Jan 19 2004, 01:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Having these &quot;crummy childhoods&quot; are important to a story. It makes for flawed characters, and if the characters are not flawed, they cannot grow and become better. Look at Sakura, she had a normal childhood (no indication otherwise) and she turned out to be a boring character. The more complicated (i.e. screwed up) childhood a character has, the more ways there are for that character to better them selves.

Of course, then there&#39;s Shikamaru, who seems normal anough and kicks ass anyway http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_gap.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Oh I totally agree. I never asked WHY they have these crummy childhoods, I was just pointing it out as part of the Disscussion.

And yes, Shikamaru does rock&#33; *grin*

Hakeem_21
Mon, 01-19-2004, 07:34 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aegis Runestone @ Jan 18 2004, 02:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hakeem_21 &#064; Jan 18 2004, 05:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Aegis

At least Sasuke,Neji,Gaara knew their parents unlike Naruto who never knew his parents;) </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yup, interesting enough, Naruto is, in my opinion the most positive character of the group and the most inspirational. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Its because he is tired of crying and is living only for his goal.
Its like Jiraya said the best thing with Naruto is he never givs upp because of his goal in life. I would like more flashbacks with Narutos childhood and i dont mean just seeing him crying. I would like to see the moment he stops crying and says to him that he will be the next Hogake.

Uchiha__Sasuke
Mon, 01-19-2004, 10:17 AM
there usually is something like that that happened or happens to the main char. or other important chars. but those kind of ppl like gaara and sasuke are usually the strongest

Aegis Runestone
Mon, 01-19-2004, 01:18 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hakeem_21 @ Jan 19 2004, 06:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aegis Runestone &#064; Jan 18 2004, 02:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hakeem_21 &#064; Jan 18 2004, 05:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Aegis

Yup, interesting enough, Naruto is, in my opinion the most positive character of the group and the most inspirational. :) </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Its like Jiraya said the best thing with Naruto is he never givs upp because of his goal in life. I would like more flashbacks with Narutos childhood and i dont mean just seeing him crying. I would like to see the moment he stops crying and says to him that he will be the next Hogake. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
THAT would be cool&#33; ^_^

PSJ
Mon, 01-19-2004, 01:25 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grey_wolf @ Jan 17 2004, 06:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aegis Runestone &#064; Jan 17 2004, 06:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Sasuke, Haku, Gaara, Neji. They all seem to have had pretty crummy child-hoods that involve the death or lack of family members and it&#39;s interesting to see how they all handled it.

Sasuke -&gt; Hunting for the man who killed his family, all we know is that this man has Sharingan and that I THINK he is Sasuke&#39;s brother or something...

Haku -&gt; Orphaned and he dealt with it by meeting Zabuza and becoming his &quot;tool&quot;.

Gaara -&gt; His family, specificlly his mother was killed and he saw it(this is speculation *shrug*). Like Naruto, a demon was sealed in his body. Unlike Naruto, he believes his purpose to kill everyone except himself.

Neji -&gt; His father died to protect the main family and Byugoken(How do you spell that? :/) power. In his anger, Neji dealt with this by hating Hinata and her side of the Huuyga family and pushed a false belief in Pre-destination. Naruto set him straight though. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif

What do you think? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
hmm yeah.. true.

Sasuke is hunting his <u>brother</u> it has been mentioned from time to time.

I think gaara has killed his own mother. Someway Somehow something happend. Maybe she was ordered to kill gaara..or something.

Bayakugan i think </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
ill correct the 2 mistakes you did if someone havent already, since i didnt read all the posts(thats just a waste of time) Gaara&#39;s mother died when she gave birth to gaara. and its spelled Byakugan(the white eyes of the hyuga) and author of this topic(couldnt remember name) you forgot the guy with the most crummy childhood aside from Gaara maybe... Naruto, he had no friends, no family, no one that cared for him at all until he met Iruka. id say thats alot worse than Neji&#39;s or Sasuke&#39;s childhood.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 01-19-2004, 01:37 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hakeem_21 @ Jan 19 2004, 06:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Its because he is tired of crying and is living only for his goal.
Its like Jiraya said the best thing with Naruto is he never givs upp because of his goal in life. I would like more flashbacks with Narutos childhood and i dont mean just seeing him crying. I would like to see the moment he stops crying and says to him that he will be the next Hogake. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
God, just imagine this, having Inari (the kid from the wave country, i think that&#39;s his name) as the main guy of the show... aren&#39;t you just happy that Naruto is a hyper kid?

too many guys around are angsting about their lives, can&#39;t they all keep thier feelings inside? i&#39;m sure everyone around here is sad about something, but you don&#39;t see us running around telling our lives story to everybody..

BTW: i just remembered something reall creepy, at the week before last week, i didn&#39;t go to the gym at all, so the last sunday (one week ago) i had a really freakish dream. it had Neji and someother guy explaining thier theory on life through lifting weghits in two styles, and when i tried doing the same, i couldn&#39;t.

so monday i ran to the gym, and read alot of naruto, it was a really weird dream...

SEE^, if i were a naruto charecter, you&#39;d see some story like this in every post i make...

Hakeem_21
Tue, 01-20-2004, 05:03 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VagabondLBD @ Jan 18 2004, 04:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I agree that Sasuke, Neji, and Naruto had pretty fucked up childhoods but I don&#39;t think it compares to Gaara&#39;s. I mean everyone hated him, even his parents. And the fact that the only person that he really liked tried to kill him makes everything 10 times worse. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Gaara and Naruto are very alike because both was hated because of the demons inside them. I cant imagine that someone wanted to play with Naruto because of the fox. You see that after their fight that they anderstand they är very alike.
I wouldn&#39;t be suprised if they become freinds.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 01-20-2004, 05:10 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death BOO Z @ Jan 18 2004, 05:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> actually, now that i think about it, Haku was quite a basterd...

he got all the heart to heart talks with Naruto, and then he goes and suddenly talks about how he (haku) and sasuke are special becuase of thier blood and how naruto wouldn&#39;t understand... he deserved that Chidori up his ass&#33;

Gaara&#39;s probably the saddest guy around the Naruto manga, i find it harder and harder to hate him, or even say something bad about him...

Sasuke&#39;s story is the simplest one, he has an &quot;X killed my family, i&#39;ll kill X&quot; fixtation... which isn&#39;t half as complicated as Neji&#39;s theories about destiney, or even Naruto&#39;s hokage dream.

btw: here&#39;s something to counter all Sasgay&#39;s fans, when they start telling you how sad Sasuke is and how horrible his past was and that it justifies his gay behavior, just say &quot;Heck&#33; I&#39;m sad too&#33; but you don&#39;t see having 2 million fangirls or acting like a dick...&quot; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Naruto dreams more of proving his extinscens,the hogake is just one way provingt to the people in the village.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 01-20-2004, 05:13 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aegis Runestone @ Jan 19 2004, 12:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hakeem_21 &#064; Jan 19 2004, 06:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aegis Runestone &#064; Jan 18 2004, 02:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hakeem_21 &#064; Jan 18 2004, 05:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Aegis

Yup, interesting enough, Naruto is, in my opinion the most positive character of the group and the most inspirational. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
THAT would be cool&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
The would be very cool.

kimunist
Wed, 01-21-2004, 12:51 PM
not only cool, but interesting&#33;

Hyuga Koji
Thu, 01-22-2004, 03:16 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hakeem_21 @ Jan 22 2004, 02:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kimunist &#064; Jan 21 2004, 11:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> not only cool, but interesting&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Its strange they show everyones bad childhoods but not Naruto they only showed him crying couple of times. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Because he has no tragic event he had an incredibly bad childhood but he had no specific event where you could say &quot;Bam that&#39;s where it started or that&#39;s where it got really bad&quot;

Neji had it, Sasuke had it, Haku had it, even Gaara had it but Naruto doesn&#39;t.

The only thing he has close to that is when Mizuki tells him he is the demon fox and that Iruka hates him but that turned into a good event because Iruka recognized him as a good ninja.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 01-22-2004, 03:55 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kimunist @ Jan 21 2004, 11:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> not only cool, but interesting&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Its strange they show everyones bad childhoods but not Naruto they only showed him crying couple of times.

Jman
Thu, 01-22-2004, 04:00 AM
add Konohamaru to the list. I thought it was kinda messed up how his grandfather died. I know he did his best fighting Oro and dying for the village is a noble way to go and it was part of the job i think. Don&#39;t know of konohamaru&#39;s mother or father (if they even exist), seems like he&#39;s another one of the parentless children now.