PDA

View Full Version : Can you writhe some good animes for me

itachi_
Sat, 01-17-2004, 09:02 AM
Can you writhe some good animes to me? they gotta be like kenshin or near it's quality.. I heard Ninja Scroll.. What else

Munsu
Sat, 01-17-2004, 09:23 AM
If what you are looking for is a ninja or samurai type anime then i would recomend:

Samurai Deeper Kyo
Shadow Skill
Ninja Scroll (but the movie, the series sucks somewhat although I liked it)
Peace Maker (slow, but it looks like it's about to kick off)
Shaman King (it's somewhat fun to watch)

That's what I can write right off my head... I will post more as soon as i remember them...

If you want other type of anime like other types of action, mecha, comedy or drama let me know and i'll post my recomended list

Crimson_Behelit
Sat, 01-17-2004, 09:26 AM
My personal favorites are....

Berserk
Giant Robo
Go Gai Gar
Lost Universe
Mobile Battleship Nadesico
Serial Experiments Lain
Outlaw Star

None of them are really like Kenshin, but all are extremely good and worth checking out!

If you're looking for action, forget about Lain, my bad...

Poiple Weezard
Sat, 01-17-2004, 09:36 AM
Right now I've been enjoyed One Piece, so there isn't much else on my mind. I would suggest to you Naruto, but you're already here. Trigun is one that seems to go with a similar flow to Kenshin.

If you watch Ninja Scroll beware of a lot of blood and a couple of scenes of sexual perversion, and not matter what you do, don't watch Ninja Ressurection!

Munsu
Sat, 01-17-2004, 09:45 AM
Oh, I forgot an important one:

Condor Hero (the one being subbed by live-evil)

They currently have 17 episodes out

It's my fav. current anime

Uchiha-Itachi
Sat, 01-17-2004, 09:48 AM
GetBackers
Tsukihime

Kenshin kinda sucks http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif

itachi_
Sat, 01-17-2004, 09:58 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Poiple Weezard @ Jan 17 2004, 08:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Right now I&#39;ve been enjoyed One Piece, so there isn&#39;t much else on my mind. I would suggest to you Naruto, but you&#39;re already here. Trigun is one that seems to go with a similar flow to Kenshin.

If you watch Ninja Scroll beware of a lot of blood and a couple of scenes of sexual perversion, and not matter what you do, don&#39;t watch Ninja Ressurection&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Why shouldn&#39;t i watch Ninja Ressurection? Something bad? I think I&#39;ll go for Ninja Scroll then..

Poiple Weezard
Sat, 01-17-2004, 10:07 AM
Ninja Ressurection is kind of a sequel to Ninja Scroll. More pointless blood, more sexual perversion and it makes me cry when I close my eyes. The images are still there.

itachi_
Sat, 01-17-2004, 10:09 AM
So i should watch Ninja Scroll first of all, then Ninja Ressurection?

Crimson_Behelit
Sat, 01-17-2004, 10:12 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ @ Jan 17 2004, 09:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> So i should watch Ninja Scroll first of all, then Ninja Ressurection? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Watch Ninja Scroll, it&#39;s one of the timeless classics that no anime fan should miss...
Skip Ninja Ressurection... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/cool.gif

itachi_
Sat, 01-17-2004, 10:13 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crimson_Behelit @ Jan 17 2004, 09:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ &#064; Jan 17 2004, 09:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> So i should watch Ninja Scroll first of all, then Ninja Ressurection? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Watch Ninja Scroll, it&#39;s one of the timeless classics that no anime fan should miss...
Skip Ninja Ressurection... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/cool.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
But &quot;you&quot; said that Ninja Ressurection was &quot;kind of a sequel&quot;...

Munsu
Sat, 01-17-2004, 10:14 AM
But remember watch the movie <span style='color:red'>NOT</span> the tv show

Poiple Weezard
Sat, 01-17-2004, 10:15 AM
It is. It takes place afterwards, but it doesn&#39;t seem to finish its own story. Maybe there was something wrong wtith the copy I got, but there were only three episodes and it left the story hanging in the middle.

Ninja Scroll has much better animation, action and everything anyways. After you watch that, you shouldn&#39;t need to watch any more.

itachi_
Sat, 01-17-2004, 10:18 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mondongo @ Jan 17 2004, 09:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> But remember watch the movie <span style='color:red'>NOT</span> the tv show </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Why should i only watch the movie, i&#39;m going to watch both... the movie first?

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>It is. It takes place afterwards, but it doesn&#39;t seem to finish its own story. Maybe there was something wrong wtith the copy I got, but there were only three episodes and it left the story hanging in the middle.

Ninja Scroll has much better animation, action and everything anyways. After you watch that, you shouldn&#39;t need to watch any more.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Okey, so no ressurection then? just the movie and TV-series.

Crimson_Behelit
Sat, 01-17-2004, 10:18 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ @ Jan 17 2004, 09:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> But &quot;you&quot; said that Ninja Ressurection was &quot;kind of a sequel&quot;...

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
No, Poiple Weezard said that. I wouldn&#39;t recommend Ninja Ressurection to anyone, that movie sucks and is not even true sequel.

Munsu
Sat, 01-17-2004, 10:19 AM
itachi_: what animes have you seen so far other than Kenshin that you have liked? to see what else to recomend

itachi_
Sat, 01-17-2004, 10:21 AM
I&#39;m currently finnished with Kenshin (Kenshin TV, Kenshin OAV, Kenshin OAV2, Kenshin Movie), I&#39;ve also watched Berserk, and of course Naruto.. But i&#39;m going with the Ninja Scroll tv and movie and samurai deeper kyo then, i cheched them at the www.animenfo.com, they seemed to be good.

Munsu
Sat, 01-17-2004, 10:23 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ &#064; Jan 17 2004, 09:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mondongo &#064; Jan 17 2004, 09:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> But remember watch the movie <span style='color:red'>NOT</span> the tv show </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Why should i only watch the movie, i&#39;m going to watch both... the movie first?

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>It is. It takes place afterwards, but it doesn&#39;t seem to finish its own story. Maybe there was something wrong wtith the copy I got, but there were only three episodes and it left the story hanging in the middle.

Ninja Scroll has much better animation, action and everything anyways. After you watch that, you shouldn&#39;t need to watch any more.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Okey, so no ressurection then? just the movie and TV-series. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Dont get me wrong... the i liked the tv series, but I dont recomend it as much as the movie

Yeah, you should watch the movie first

itachi_
Sat, 01-17-2004, 10:27 AM
Am i right now but... The movie was released in 1993 and the tv-series 2001, so i should watch the movie first to get the story correctly?

Munsu
Sat, 01-17-2004, 10:31 AM
It is not really important... the story is standalone... only two characters overlap including the main character... but watch the movie first