PDA

View Full Version : 8th Gate

Badmamajama
Sat, 01-17-2004, 03:46 AM
I think that someone will deffinately open the 8th gate and die in the manga/anime. I do not see Kishimoto making such a grave concequence to opening the 8th gate for no reason. Either Gai or Rock Lee will open the 8th gate and die.

Badmamajama
Sat, 01-17-2004, 04:11 AM
I'm thinking that Gai will be facing off against someone really strong and to save Lee and some people he opens the 8th gate and kicks the crap out of the guy then dies. The Lee will go insane and rampage through whatever enemies are left.

Insomniac
Sat, 01-17-2004, 04:27 AM
i think that anyone capable of doing so wouldnt be so stupid, unless its Gai

Elessar
Sun, 01-18-2004, 03:26 AM
You do understand that opening the 8th gate implies death, do you?

RoMuLuu
Sun, 01-18-2004, 08:37 AM
Yes, if someone opened the 8th gate it would propably be Gai. That's because he's the one who taught Lee to open gates, so I think he is able to open them all. And if he will come to a situation where he'll have to choose between dying himself or the death of Lee or Lee and many others, he'll choose to die himself. And that's when he would open all the gates, and fight with enermous powers.

Badmamajama
Sun, 01-18-2004, 09:30 AM
Um I think I have been rather redundant about the fact that someone will die when the open the 8th gate.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 01-18-2004, 12:45 PM
I hope not that Gai or Lee dies its not neccesery to kill one of the main characters.
I would like if one of them opens the 8 gate and destroys someone strong.

Uzumaki Naruto
Mon, 01-19-2004, 03:17 AM
i really hope that there comes to no point in the anime or mang where either lee or gai has to open the 8th gate bc i think that the story wouldnt go right without them in it, but if it does let them do it for some that they care for

Badmamajama
Mon, 01-19-2004, 03:36 AM
I think Kakashi calling Rock Lee a genious just had to do with the fact that he could open five gates since I think most people can't even open 1.

Elessar
Mon, 01-19-2004, 06:32 AM
Remember when we see that Neji's view isn't perfect for the first time.
And think of his fight with Kidoumaru. That was already built up there.

I can't imagine the mangaka stressing out this death-fact that much without using it sooner or later.

AznPerson
Mon, 01-19-2004, 06:36 AM
maybe guy will prevent lee from opening the 8th gate and then he will open the 8th gate himself

Hakeem_21
Mon, 01-19-2004, 07:16 AM
Who said that you will die if you open the 8 gate? Isn't possible to survive after opening the 8 gate?

Elessar
Mon, 01-19-2004, 07:51 AM
Either Gai or Kakashi when they explain they gates after Lee opens them.
That's why the 8th one is called "Death gate" btw.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 01-19-2004, 07:55 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Elessar @ Jan 19 2004, 06:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Either Gai or Kakashi when they explain they gates after Lee opens them.
That&#39;s why the 8th one is called &quot;Death gate&quot; btw. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Then i hope Rock Lee never ever opens the 8 gate:)

PSJ
Mon, 01-19-2004, 10:04 AM
if anyone will open the 8 gates it would be Gai, not Lee because lee only knows how to open 5 gates

Death BOO Z
Mon, 01-19-2004, 01:42 PM
actually, i would say the most likely one to open the 8th gate is lee. i don&#39;t think there&#39;s much of a diffrence between the gates on the way of opening them, it&#39;s like the diffrence between lifting 10kg and 50kg, it&#39;s the same technique just much harder...

i can easly imagine him knownigly sacrefising his life to protect his improtent person, he seems to have a knack to big flashy sayings...

besides, we don&#39;t know if Gai is even able to open the 8 gates, the comment kakashi made about Lee being a genious after all can stand for the fact lee can open more gates than Gai...

Assertn
Tue, 01-20-2004, 04:08 AM
nobody has to necessarily open the 8th gate in the series......mentioning that was only to give the viewing audience a sense for how powerful such an ability actually is.

now what I would like to see used that they&#39;ve mentioned several times is how neji can not only inhibit, but accelerate chakra flow using tenketsu. i was dissappointed that he never did it against the spider guy

Hakeem_21
Tue, 01-20-2004, 04:16 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya @ Jan 19 2004, 09:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> if anyone will open the 8 gates it would be Gai, not Lee because lee only knows how to open 5 gates </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Rock Lee will get better and eventually be able to open all 8 gates http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

boomorman
Tue, 01-20-2004, 06:10 AM
I don&#39;t want lee or Gai to open all 8 gates. My guess is the gate system works like a multiplier. So.. like gate 1 =2 gate 2 =4 gate 3 =6 etcetera…… say lee’s base power is 50, and you open 5 gates 50*10=500… actually I guess it’s probably more of an exponent system…. Same thing just using ^ rather then *. If Lee’s base is 50 I would guess Gai’s is like 1000. So maybe Gai opening 4-5 gates will be enough for him to kill itachi or Oro…….no I’m not trying to be all dbzish with the power-levels. Btw at the end of the dbz manga Krillin in power level terms could have spanked frieza. hehe

khaodessy
Wed, 01-21-2004, 06:32 AM
seeing how the leaf has this thing for dying for ones that care about i can see lee or gai opening all the gates. and the 8th gate is around the heart. so i can see why they say if you open all 8 you will die because you will be over working your heart way past its limits.

Naruto-god
Wed, 01-21-2004, 08:11 AM
I think a couple other people opened the 8th gate. And probably all of them or most of them died. The only way to know that theres a 8 th gate is if someone actually did it and died lol. &quot; imgine some guy called bill opens the 8th gate for the first time ever in history.&quot; Bill:aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh &quot;boooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbb &#33;&quot;
People: Oh shit theres a 8th gate that u can open. I can&#39;t even see bill ....
Bill: WOw look how strong i only tap this guy and hes dead hahahaha im the strongest in the world
People: Sees Bill sudenly
Bill: My heart, My body. &quot;DEAD&quot;
People: LOL idot ..............

Sad Ending.

Gai would probably be the only guy to open the 8th gate. ANd most likely for someone precious to him.

kimunist
Wed, 01-21-2004, 12:49 PM
like rock lee&#33;

Takenoko
Thu, 01-22-2004, 02:31 AM
Uhh...Wouldn&#39;t it be kind of hard for Lee to open up the 8th gate, considering the 5th hasn&#39;t even fixed him yet? Uhh...spoiler maybe? Oh well, it&#39;s the open discussion http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

If the 8th gate was to be opened within the next dozen or so manga, it&#39;d have to be by Gai. Probably protecting Lee.

I wonder what happened to that Turtle Sensei?

rEkKaShInObI
Fri, 01-30-2004, 01:14 PM
opening the 8th gate means losing your nuts, because the 8th gate is located downstairs =&#092;

itsgalf
Mon, 02-02-2004, 05:58 AM
hmm...How would anyone know that they can open the 8th gate? I mean, the only way would be to actually do it? and then they die and yah...

Arctyc
Mon, 02-02-2004, 01:54 PM
The Chakra system was loosely based on the concept of Chi meridians. The gates are based on the &quot;nodes&quot; within these systems that act as focal points for energy.

Being able to open the gate and knowing it&#39;s there are two different things. It&#39;s likely that with Byakugan, Neji could see the gates.

Now, as for the location and consequences of the 8th gate; in the diagram it&#39;s shown as being right next to your heart (the 7th gate, Insanity, is the lowest). Punching this gate open would, as mentioned, kill you by wearing your heart out completely.

NoKKiE
Thu, 02-05-2004, 06:26 AM
no one really needs to open up the 8th gate just because gai and kakashi were talking about it, if gai dies then all the humor between kakashi and gai would end&#33;&#33; we can&#39;t let that happen&#33;&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_jumpon.gif

TeLeKiNeSiS
Thu, 02-05-2004, 11:10 AM
mm maybe gai would do it to save lee for something...

Kyuubi_Rage
Sun, 02-08-2004, 04:31 AM
If you open the 8gate, You&#39;ll die. And the only one capable of opening it is Gai, Because he is the only one that knows how to open them up to the 8gate and die.
You cant survive if you open the 8gate Redeem, The users body gets to much damage and loses to much chakra and dies, Also remember that the 8gate name is &quot;Death Gate&quot;

Death BOO Z
Sun, 02-08-2004, 04:59 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kyuubi_Rage @ Feb 8 2004, 03:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> If you open the 8gate, You&#39;ll die. And the only one capable of opening it is Gai, Because he is the only one that knows how to open them up to the 8gate and die.
You cant survive if you open the 8gate Redeem, The users body gets to much damage and loses to much chakra and dies, Also remember that the 8gate name is &quot;Death Gate&quot; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
it wasn&#39;t mentioned anywhere that Gai can open the 8th gate, in fact, i believe he can only get to the forth, and that&#39;s why Kakahi was so suprised when he learned that Lee can open the fifth gate and that&#39;s why he said that lee is a genious after all...

Kyuubi_Rage
Sun, 02-08-2004, 05:05 AM
You&#39;ll must train much if you want to reach the ability to open the 8gate, And kakashi was suprised that Lee could open the 5gate. Gai received the training from his master so he could open the 8gate.