PDA

View Full Version : Discuss Kenshin OVA1 Reminisence

itachi_
Mon, 01-12-2004, 05:13 AM
Please discuss, haven't you watched it... hope this thread won't die out...

Uberbaka
Mon, 01-12-2004, 05:28 AM
However the second cut stopped it from bleeding (or atleast that's what i'm assuming since it didn't bleed in the tv series).. I kinda thought of it as her giving him her blessing, like she'd forgiven him.. The finishing cut, considering the one who gave him the first line in the cross was her fiancee (or was it husband?) but it's been a while since i've seen it..

However you should add a *MASSIVE* spoiler alert before your post.. for those who haven't seen it it would be a shame to read all that.

itachi_
Mon, 01-12-2004, 05:32 AM
But don't you think 4 episodes was to little, i think it would be more like 10 or 12, to get all the scenes from the Bakumatsu and all battles...
__________________________________________________ _____________

Hmm i think they notice that it's spoil-talking when you read the topic.

Poiple Weezard
Mon, 01-12-2004, 05:44 AM
I think it was just about perfect. For a story like Samurai X, the focus isn't on the battles. You don't want too many of them or it will cloud the story and the meaning behind it.

itachi_
Mon, 01-12-2004, 05:56 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Poiple Weezard @ Jan 12 2004, 04:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I think it was just about perfect. For a story like Samurai X, the focus isn&#39;t on the battles. You don&#39;t want too many of them or it will cloud the story and the meaning behind it. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Also another thought that came up on my mind... The leader on the horse in reminisence 04, he dies, but of what? he just starting to cough blood and after that he felled down of the horse... Yeah but remember in Kenshin TV epsiode 01 when they talk about battousai the manslayer, it&#39;s lot of scenes in kyoto inferno, but it wasen&#39;t any scenes from it almost... it was like 10 minutes of him being battousai then after that 10 minutes the OVA is about tomoe and how he&#39;s turning into (slowly) a wandering samurai.. i&#39;d also like to the Shogun in reminisence, and more of him being a &quot;cold-blooded&quot; manslayer... they have comprimised the whole OVA to 4 episodes that&#39;s to less...

Vagabond
Mon, 01-12-2004, 06:12 AM
Have you seen the reflection dvd?

Uberbaka
Mon, 01-12-2004, 06:14 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ @ Jan 12 2004, 04:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> The leader on the horse in reminisence 04, he dies, but of what? he just starting to cough blood and after that he felled down of the horse... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
He died of a disease which was rather widespread at the time which they called consumption. Today this disease is called tuberculosis.

itachi_
Mon, 01-12-2004, 06:28 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VagabondLBD &#064; Jan 12 2004, 05:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Have you seen the reflection dvd? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I&#39;m watching it in this very momet, seisouhen...

DAMN what a great OST, In Memories - from Reminisence http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Baka-chan
Mon, 01-12-2004, 08:19 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ @ Jan 12 2004, 04:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
__________________________________________________ _____________

Hmm i think they notice that it&#39;s spoil-talking when you read the topic. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
don&#39;t assume everyone takes the name of a thread as a spoiler, we&#39;ve got some slow people around here http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif

i love the kenshin series, and the ova&#39;s were beautiful, touching. kenshin is the shit, wish i still had the ova&#39;s on my comp. anyone know where i can find some torrents?

itachi_
Mon, 01-12-2004, 11:31 AM
First of all i want so announce that Rurouni Kenshin OVA Reminisence a.k.a tsuiokuhen is one of the greatest OVA&#39;s i&#39;ve seen, But it should have been 10 more OVA&#39;s of the tokugawa shogunate... this OVA was pretty small... but it was great... have you seen Kenshin tv episode 01, when they are talking about &quot;battousai the manslayer&quot; kenshin look kind of the same as he did in the tv-series, was it because the OVA wasen&#39;t made until 2 years after it was broadcasted ?

Why did Tomoe ran out in front of him when he was trying to cut that shogunate follower? I mean Kenshin could easily deafted him in that moment without she running in front of him...

The last seconds before she died she cut kenshin over his face, why? to make the first scar stop bleeding?

Why didn&#39;t Kenshin kill Jubei Shigekura right away... he was like stabbing him ... 5-6 times unttil he killed him?

What was the Kyoto Shoshidai ?

Poiple Weezard
Mon, 01-12-2004, 01:21 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ @ Jan 12 2004, 10:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Why did Tomoe ran out in front of him when he was trying to cut that shogunate follower? I mean Kenshin could easily deafted him in that moment without she running in front of him...

The last seconds before she died she cut kenshin over his face, why? to make the first scar stop bleeding? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Its been a while since I&#39;ve seen these, so I can&#39;t answer all of your questions, a couple are easy though.

Kenshin could not have easily killed the guy. He was half-dead and blinded by rage and blood. He was flailing aimlessly for most of that fight and the other guy was parrying his blows with ease. Tomoe surprised them both when she jumped in the middle, but she primarily prevented him from putting up a defense to Kenshins attack.

I believe the second part of the scar was meant mostly as a way for him to remember her.

Those are my thoughts on the matter, I wonder what other people&#39;s are.

x hypz x
Tue, 01-13-2004, 02:05 AM
seisouhen ovas were the most depressing things i had ever seen. but good stuff.

Insomniac
Tue, 01-13-2004, 03:05 AM
it was good but everything was explained, theres not alot to discuss http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

it was definately better then the series though

KoRnTaco
Tue, 01-13-2004, 05:50 AM
Yes, this OVA was very good, but Seissouhen is underrated... Why is that so? I thought it was a very good ending to the kenshin story&#33;

itachi_
Tue, 01-13-2004, 06:01 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KoRnTaco &#064; Jan 13 2004, 04:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Yes, this OVA was very good, but Seissouhen is underrated... Why is that so? I thought it was a very good ending to the kenshin story&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
NEVER SAY THAT AGAIN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Edit: Kenshin in my opinion would have been better if he continued being battousai, and if the tv-series took place at like 1860-1868 during the bakumatsu, that would have been an interesting story... and the OVA in 1850&#39;s... I liked Kenshin when he was the assaassin Battousai&#33;

itachi_
Tue, 01-13-2004, 11:31 AM
Did kenshin continue fighting after the end of reminisence?? i think so because that was year 1864 and he started to wandering 1868... The last scene was when he stared at his sword and the graves.. but the tokugawa shogunate didn&#39;t ended there, right? ... It ended 1868 when the Meiji Restoration began.

The man of the Horse, in reminsence 04 who died in tuberculous, was he the leader of the Ishin Shishi?

Poiple Weezard
Wed, 01-14-2004, 02:25 AM
I don&#39;t remember who they were, but I believe his parents died of consumption beforehand.

Insomniac
Wed, 01-14-2004, 02:48 AM
the series was set out to be more comical then the OVA&#39;s to ensure that it was long lasting

itachi_
Wed, 01-14-2004, 10:41 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Insomniac &#064; Jan 14 2004, 01:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> the series was set out to be more comical then the OVA&#39;s to ensure that it was long lasting </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Hmmz0r... i would not say so... It&#39;s better with the Battousai, no doubt&#33;

Edit: The one&#39;s who are slayed in the beginning who are those? they aren&#39;t kenshin parent&#39;s? it&#39;s his &quot;friends&quot; &quot;allied&quot; or whatever right?

DB_Hunter
Thu, 01-15-2004, 05:47 AM
Those people who were killed before Hiko saved Kenshin were slaves and slave traders.

And I think Kenshin says that his parents died of malaria.

itachi_
Sat, 01-17-2004, 07:05 AM
In reminisence part 4, Katsura says after Tomoe have died that a new assaassin has been trained, anyone know who that assaassin is? And when he&#39;s walking away from kenshin at their cabin, he says &quot; Shinkatsu, the world have turned out just as you said it would be&quot; Who&#39;s Shinkatsu, the man on the horse? leader of the Ishin Shishi?