PDA

View Full Version : Torrent Question

Cottc Cid
Mon, 01-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Im not really much of an anime fanatic, but a friend of mine just showed me Read or Die, the 3 show thing, and I thought it was very cool. He said that I should download the TV series, and said this place was a good one to go to. But I have a question for you. When I start up a link, it doesnt recognize the file I already have, and it starts over http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif Is there any way some of you people can share what you have so it doesnt take 749 hours to download? Thank you kindly.

hiroshi
Mon, 01-12-2004, 11:00 AM
A few questions to that.

1) Why would you want to download a file if you already have it?
2) Do you mean you have an incomplete one, and you click on the torrent link to download it, and the incomplete file restarts?
3) What bt client are you using?

If it's question number 2. Then i have but one answer =P
Don't click it. You can't download from more than one tracker at a time for each file. If you do, it either starts a new one, or even worse (depending on your client), overwrite your existing one.

Each torrent link uses a different tracker depending on the fansub who did them. If you suddenly change the tracker, the file loses it's place because the new tracker has different IP addresses and references than the other tracker you used. So it dosn't remember how much it downloaded, and from who, so it has to start all over again.

So for each torrent link you click, make sure you choose which fansub & website you're going to use, before clicking them.

(Yes even the website. Some websites might make or use a different tracker for the same file done by the same fansub. This is the result of reseeded files, and an up to date list of IP addresses for the torrent to look at.)

Cottc Cid
Mon, 01-12-2004, 12:22 PM
My friend said I watched the OVA, and I want to watch the TV series. Although honestly, I dont know how they can continue the story. As for bittorrent, I have version 3.3

As for the answer to number 2, whenever I close the download and click on the link (I use the series button above) it always starts over.

Darkflare
Tue, 01-13-2004, 08:04 AM
what else you could do, is instead of just clicking the link, right click the link and choose "save target as" and save the torrent file to your computer somewhere, then, whenever you want to continue downloading, just open the file form your computer wher you saved it and it should continue

hiroshi
Tue, 01-13-2004, 10:35 AM
Well straight from the first time, you've probably lost any information of anything you've downloaded previously. There isn't anything we can do about that, since it's already happened.

Closing the transfer and then clicking the link wouldn't make any difference either. That would simply begin a new download, and stop the old one.

If you begin a download, let it finish and don't bother clicking on another source. Or close the client, and boot it back up again another day, and it shall carry on, but again don't click on another source. Just leave it be until it's finished.

Guess you're just going to have to click and let it start over again. Because you can't recover what you've lost i'm afraid. =/

Sorry i can't help anymore than that. Wish i could click my fingers and solve the problem for ya http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif