PDA

View Full Version : naruto as a whole

kimunist
Sat, 01-10-2004, 08:09 AM
naruto now has 65 episodes...but for some reason, when i watch the beginning episodes to the later ones...it seems like a very slow beginning then its rushed all of the sudden.

yes, its based off of the manga and thats probably why, but doesnt it feel weird watching the amount of action in episodes 1-24 than like... episodes 39-65?

its almost like 4x the action, a whole lot of new characters are introduced, and not to mention the plot becomes so much more complex that the episode with haku and zabuza seem pointless.

itachi_
Sat, 01-10-2004, 08:12 AM
What's with that? where do you wanna come?

Destiny
Sat, 01-10-2004, 08:16 AM
It's simply part of the story. The Haku / Zabuza saga was not a tournament, so you cant expect so many new characters and fight scenes when its just based on 2 opponents.

Grey_wolf
Sat, 01-10-2004, 08:16 AM
i think he is trying to say that they rush in to things.

However i have no problem with it. But i would wnt to know some more story about the characters. Im glad Neji told about his past.. but i want to know a bit more..

itachi_
Sat, 01-10-2004, 08:19 AM
They have to... it will get more hasty in the future...

YeahSomethingLikeThat
Sat, 01-10-2004, 08:40 AM
I kind of agree on the point about the zabuza saga seeming pointless...
cuz it didnīt make the characters grow very much (imo) only naruto deciding his "nindo" or whatever. oh yeah and kakashi showing the sharingan...

The chuunin tournament on the other han has introduced alot of characters and given them a background + it has made naruto (and some other ppl) grow a hell of a lot... thus making the zabuza saga seem like an introduction of what the action is going to look like...

maybee im way of but it really dosenīt seem so importent (besides showing Haku, one of the cooles characters yet! also the most good looking guy i have ever seen...)

joker-kun
Sat, 01-10-2004, 08:48 AM
yes there is more action, but the story is still running very slow, look how long the chuunin exam is taking...

Outtawack311
Sat, 01-10-2004, 10:07 AM
It would be cool if some people from the Zabuzza/Haku saga end up playing a role later on. I agree that the whole sage seems kinda pointless, but they can fix that by having one of those old characters play a part in the conclusion of the series.

NarutoOtaku
Sat, 01-10-2004, 10:23 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YeahSomethingLikeThat @ Jan 10 2004, 07:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I kind of agree on the point about the zabuza saga seeming pointless...
cuz it didnīt make the characters grow very much (imo) only naruto deciding his &quot;nindo&quot; or whatever. oh yeah and kakashi showing the sharingan...

The chuunin tournament on the other han has introduced alot of characters and given them a background + it has made naruto (and some other ppl) grow a hell of a lot... thus making the zabuza saga seem like an introduction of what the action is going to look like...

maybee im way of but it really dosenīt seem so importent (besides showing Haku, one of the cooles characters yet&#33; also the most good looking guy i have ever seen...) </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
On the contrary, the &quot;Zabuza Saga&quot; was very essential to Naruto. Wouldnt you think that finding out about Kakashi&#39;s Sharingan and testing it out at that time was a great way to show its capabilities?
It also taught Naruto the true ways of the shinobi, which he would have had to learn later on anyways. And it also showed us some of the Kyubi&#39;s power that leaked out in this saga which most everyone was eager to see. And making them ache for more, am i correct?

So, the &quot;Zabuza Saga&quot; really wasnt pointless after all.

Frank_griffith
Sat, 01-10-2004, 11:51 AM
I have no problem with it. The further the anime goes, it gets more and more interesting.

NarutoOtaku
Sat, 01-10-2004, 12:00 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Frank_griffith @ Jan 10 2004, 10:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I have no problem with it. The further the anime goes, it gets more and more interesting. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Of course. You cant say no to Naruto.

Larz
Sat, 01-10-2004, 12:24 PM
first 19 eps slow and pointless while the rest is rushed?

i completely disagree. I thought the first 19 episodes were the best, most well-done, deepest, and most emotionally powerful of the whole 65 episodes so far. And about the chuunin exams being rushed, i feel like they&#39;re dragging, if anything.

I find that there are may more unnecesary parts during the chuunin exams than the zabuza arc.

anyway, that&#39;s just my opinion. I just hope to see more as good and meaningful as the zabuza arc once this chuunin exam is finally out of the way.

DavidOfTheEast
Sat, 01-10-2004, 12:32 PM
Look at the semantics of any anime out there with such longivity like Naruto.

I find that most anime series take their time in the beginning to portray the character&#39;s emotions, background, and to influence the audience by the audacity of sheer combat.

kimunist
Sat, 01-10-2004, 12:56 PM
i wasnt trying to say the first 19 episodes are pointless...i mean they have to lay groundwork on the main 4 characters (well, not that much on sakura), but yea...

at times it seems like the main story of naruto is the exam, since its like 60% of the episodes so far...

well then again, it is the main topic.

so i guess i&#39;m trying to get at since the chuunin exam is a big chunk, its makes everything else seem a lot...less

i dont know, i guess the rushing was necessary, as itachi_ said.

Everon
Sat, 01-10-2004, 12:57 PM
If you were to seperate the chunnin exams with the Zabuza saga they seem to be very different in terms of style and content. However that doesn&#39;t mean its a bad thing. The chunnin exams as I&#39;ve said before, had added variety of characters and jutsus to the anime/manga.

RoMuLuu
Sun, 01-11-2004, 04:23 AM
Personally I like the way Naruto is going. More action. But I&#39;m also wishing for some episodes with strong emotions, like in the episode where Zabuza and Haku died. It was so sad... I liked that episode a lot, and I still like. I&#39;ve wathced it already something like 8 times ;D

Kagari
Sun, 01-11-2004, 04:30 AM
I hardly think the Zabuza saga was pointless, cmon.

Evloved characters, introduced they main character&#39;s jutsus and powers, and it evoked emotion.

The chuunin exam episodes are obviously gonna be more fast paced....it&#39;s a tournament for ALL of the villages and countries to show their strength.

Harageki
Sun, 01-11-2004, 04:34 AM
If there was no Chuunin exam there would be no Lee.. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

So far, I actually liked the Zabuza/survival in the forest episodes the best.

kimunist
Sun, 01-11-2004, 01:03 PM
ur right...

but i think i&#39;m meaning if you look at the zabuza saga and the chuunin exam...its unbalanced in the fact that the:

1. # of characters introduced
2. # of battles/jutsus
3. # of twists/turns
4. character changes (big time)