PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't the 3rd pick a 5th?

From Konoha's Ghetto
Sat, 01-10-2004, 03:55 AM
He sure could have before he died.

I mean, the 4th died, so he assumed the role of Hokage again, but why wouldn't he just pick another Hokage?

Snarbald
Sat, 01-10-2004, 04:14 AM
He didn't really have time to interview any of the applicants...

Insomniac
Sat, 01-10-2004, 04:22 AM
Orochimaru expected the 3rd to pick him but the 3rd wanted to rull over kohona for a long time more, even when Orochimaru was posing as Kazekage the 3rd said he wanted to for at least another 5 years

pavi
Sat, 01-10-2004, 05:29 AM
a hokage is a person who is the strongest within your village
since the 3rd didnt look for a 5th, that prolly meant he was still the strongest ninja in the village (and at his age too http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/huh.gif )

his only options really were his 3 students, but 1 was evil and 2 went wandering around

kaigan
Sat, 01-10-2004, 09:48 AM
it's not like you can go out and appoint a Hokage. it takes time and unfortunately all the ninjas in the Konoha Village aren't high enough to recieve the tank.

NarutoOtaku
Sat, 01-10-2004, 10:32 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kaigan @ Jan 10 2004, 08:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> it&#39;s not like you can go out and appoint a Hokage. it takes time and unfortunately all the ninjas in the Konoha Village aren&#39;t high enough to recieve the tank. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yep... the tank. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

villin
Sat, 01-10-2004, 10:42 AM
It is most likely because there was noone strong enough in the village to assume the role. Remember the little chat between Ebisu and Jiraiya, Ebisu said that &#39;the hokage has been looking for you for a long time&#39;, this probably means that the 5th would have been Jiraiya if the third had found him.

PSJ
Sun, 01-11-2004, 05:38 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Insomniac @ Jan 10 2004, 03:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Orochimaru expected the 3rd to pick him but the 3rd wanted to rull over kohona for a long time more, even when Orochimaru was posing as Kazekage the 3rd said he wanted to for at least another 5 years </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
orochimaru wanted to be picked for 4th hokage but 3rd picked Jubei instead which is why orochimaru left the village and as you say in your post 3rd was going to stay as hokage for at least another 5 years.

Anbu Hatake Kakashi
Mon, 01-12-2004, 09:32 AM
will anyways........... the legendary girl ninja is the 5th

gaara
Tue, 01-13-2004, 03:15 AM
Jiraiya was asked to be the 5th and turned it down and suggested another person whom he went looking for with Naruto, whom we call Tsunade...Jiraiya might be a pervert but he is still humble.

PSJ
Tue, 01-13-2004, 03:31 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jiraiy4 @ Jan 13 2004, 10:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Who could have the 3rd picked anyway? He picked the 4th, and he died, and he left no one else was worthy of the position. If he had no choice to pick one, he would of pick either Orochimaru, Jiraiya, or Tsunade. But as a sensei he knows all their flaws, and none of them really could become a Hokage. Orochimaru - too ambitious and &quot;evil&quot;, Jiraiya - too interested in other things, Tsunade - gambling syndrome. Even the 3 legendary ninjas weren&#39;t reliable. Next thing you know...all three of them left the village, so 3rd had no one to pick, and he never knew he was gonna die anyway~ </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
the 3 sennins werent even in the village at the time kyubi attacked. and not when 4th died either. which means he couldn&#39;t pick one of them. and then the strongest ninnja would probably be itachi since he lived in the village at that time but he was too young and then killed his family. of course he was only 4 when kyubi attacked but later when he was anbu captain and all that he could be picked but my guess is 3rd waited too see if any other strong ninja could improve more on their skills.

Evil Eyes
Tue, 01-13-2004, 06:23 AM
Like what most people said, he didn&#39;t pick the 5th because he couldn&#39;t find anyone good enough in kohona for the position. As for the legendary 3, he didn&#39;t pick any of them because Oro was evil and Jiraiya &amp; Tsunade were out of the village and no one could find them.

Jiraiy4
Tue, 01-13-2004, 11:20 AM
Who could have the 3rd picked anyway? He picked the 4th, and he died, and he left no one else was worthy of the position. If he had no choice to pick one, he would of pick either Orochimaru, Jiraiya, or Tsunade. But as a sensei he knows all their flaws, and none of them really could become a Hokage. Orochimaru - too ambitious and &quot;evil&quot;, Jiraiya - too interested in other things, Tsunade - gambling syndrome. Even the 3 legendary ninjas weren&#39;t reliable. Next thing you know...all three of them left the village, so 3rd had no one to pick, and he never knew he was gonna die anyway~

Jiraiy4
Wed, 01-14-2004, 04:03 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>the 3 sennins werent even in the village at the time kyubi attacked. and not when 4th died either. which means he couldn&#39;t pick one of them. and then the strongest ninnja would probably be itachi since he lived in the village at that time but he was too young and then killed his family. of course he was only 4 when kyubi attacked but later when he was anbu captain and all that he could be picked but my guess is 3rd waited too see if any other strong ninja could improve more on their skills. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

did you read my post thorougly? I said the 3rd couldn&#39;t pick any of them, why are you regurgitating what I said, but acting like i said something else? Anyways...how are we so sure the 3 legends weren&#39;t around when Kyubi attacked? I never saw it mentioned in the manga or the anime, if it did, please give me the source (chapter, page, etc). Also, there was no way Itachi was the strongest in that village, you&#39;re underestimating Konoha way too much. There are lotta characters that aren&#39;t introduced that could be dwelling in Konoha, and there was also Hyuga Hiashi. Although Itachi owns Kakashi now, I believe back then Kakashi was stronger than Itachi.

The 3rd had no one to picked, but the thing is...he picked Orochimaru since the beginning, he was planning to make Orochimaru his successor, but Oro turned out to be too ambitous and saw how he was becoming more evil, therefore he picked the 4th. And he didn&#39;t pick anyone after the 4th died...simply cuz there wasn&#39;t anyone. And btw...3rd didn&#39;t pick Jiraiya as the 5th Hokage, the council or w/e of Konoha voted on Jiraiya.

Hatake Kakashi
Wed, 01-14-2004, 04:12 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya @ Jan 11 2004, 04:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
orochimaru wanted to be picked for 4th hokage but 3rd picked Jubei instead which is why orochimaru left the village and as you say in your post 3rd was going to stay as hokage for at least another 5 years. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
haha

I see you have been reading my fanfic again http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

I changed the name of the 4th&#39;s since we got some new info on what his name might have been.

Uzumaki Arashi. Sprialing Storm.

Sounds better Uzumaki Jubei anyway http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Pyr0
Wed, 01-14-2004, 04:14 AM
That goes for you too. This topic has been discussed a little time ago, so use search next time. It&#39;s boring to read topics of the same subject. Yeah, u could say, don&#39;t read and i won&#39;t... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Everon
Thu, 01-15-2004, 03:39 AM
If he believed he could serve for another 5 years, why did he choose a 4th over 10 years ago? He was talking to the raikage, so he might of just been feigning his strength.

Perhaps the 3rd hokage probably felt he&#39;s responsible for the 4th&#39;s death. THe role of hokage is to protect everyone in the city, but he couldn&#39;t protect the 4th.