PDA

View Full Version : Is ANBU Aone lazy or what?

Jiraiy4
Thu, 01-08-2004, 12:22 PM
first of all..i hope the mods dont get pissed off at me...cuz this is free speech aint it? anyways...all these other fansub sites come out with the new eps ASAP, and ANBU is like the LAST one to get it all the time. Please dont tell me some bullshit about.."that's cuz they make sure they give us the best quality" I honestly don't see the quality difference between ANBU Aone and Baka-san..and Baka-san is always about 2 days faster.

if you agree then post something, if you don't then tell me that i'm wrong but don't tell me some b/s (da one i mentioned above) like "hey they are human, they have lives too!"

Bloodhybrid
Thu, 01-08-2004, 12:27 PM
well, thiers no quality difference in the actual picture, but the subbing is deffinatly better done,

also ull notice some subbers subs arnt timed very well and are just thrown togeather,

thats why i dont download any other fan sub apart from anbu,

btw, i gotta ask,

on episode 62 i think it is when an anbu heals hinachan(sp) i take it it was done on purpose to put

'ANBU are good'
or the caps just coincidance lol

rEkKaShInObI
Thu, 01-08-2004, 12:33 PM
workn on the damn thing. =D

OshadowO
Thu, 01-08-2004, 12:35 PM
not to put the hard work of others down but ANBU's subs are better than most. Theres only one other subber I'd say is better imo but those guys are waaay behind in eps so its not even a consideration.
IMO these guys (ANBU) do a great job...besides its volunteer work remember? Be greatful not impatient. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

StaticX27
Thu, 01-08-2004, 12:40 PM
Well... You say don't respond with this "bullshit" but in reality, that is the reality. The people in ANBU do have things to do other than give out something they aren't paid for. They work as hard as they can in order to produce quality translations. Some things in Japanese are not easily translated directly into English. There are alot of phrases that are idiums that come up every so often. It takes a little extra time to make sure the translation is correct and the meaning isn't lost. Then there is extra work of timing it, perfecting it, making it so everything is graphically and grammatically correct. These things take time, and its time that people are willing to wait for quality.

If you want the speed with reasonable quality, then go for bakasan, nothing wrong with their stuff. However, its not ANBU quality =P

NarutoOtaku
Thu, 01-08-2004, 12:46 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rEkKaShInObI &#064; Jan 8 2004, 11:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> workn on the damn thing. =D </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
You are part of the fansub group ANBU/Aone?

The way you said it seems like you are one of the members.

XwingRob
Thu, 01-08-2004, 12:53 PM
*sigh
It will be out when it is out.

MODS TIME FOR A LOCKDOWN. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Destiny
Fri, 01-09-2004, 03:16 AM
Should shoot you for biching...
Look at the TW fansubbing, they take a month to release 1 episode, if you&#39;re lucky&#33;

Gah, calling ANBU / Aone lazy... what a load of poo

Hinata Sama
Fri, 01-09-2004, 05:46 AM
oh COME ON&#33; If you think they&#39;re lazy get the hell out of here and download other fansubs. They&#39;re not lazy, they take all the time they need and I&#39;m happy that they do; I prefer quality over speed. In fact, I think they&#39;re damn fast, I watch other shows too and those sometimes take over 2 weeks to do and I&#39;m not even complaining about that. Japanese is a hard language to translate and then I&#39;m not even talking about other stuff like timing and editing.

Geez. Be happy with what you get and if you&#39;re not, go study Japanese yourself and see if you can do it better.

PoDy
Fri, 01-09-2004, 06:06 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jiraiy4 @ Jan 8 2004, 11:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> first of all..i hope the mods dont get pissed off at me...cuz this is free speech aint it? anyways...all these other fansub sites come out with the new eps ASAP, and ANBU is like the LAST one to get it all the time. Please dont tell me some bullshit about..&quot;that&#39;s cuz they make sure they give us the best quality&quot; I honestly don&#39;t see the quality difference between ANBU Aone and Baka-san..and Baka-san is always about 2 days faster.

if you agree then post something, if you don&#39;t then tell me that i&#39;m wrong but don&#39;t tell me some b/s (da one i mentioned above) like &quot;hey they are human, they have lives too&#33;&quot; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
alright if u see no diffrence in anbu aone&#39;s work and bakasan i suggest u stick to your bakasan. We see a diffrence, well i cant speak for everyone but atleast I see quite a big diffrence on my screen in the quality,sound and timeing with the lipsync. So thats why i stick with anbu aone and theres a nice forum with nice ppl http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

My own thought is that this topic is pointless if u want to stick with bakasan cuz u see no diffrence then do so http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

My question: Is your point with this topic that you think anbu are lazy?

Then keep it to yourself cuz no one wants to hear that. You dont know what&#39;s hapening in theyr personal life they might have other stuff to do and other anime series to sub. And some shows might be longer and some may be shorter so u cant plan EXAKLY when it will be done. The ppl on bakasan.... well maby they have more free time i dont know. But there is no point in complaining. Or even make a speach like this cuz it only looks like complains when someone posts this.
And i dont think they will sub faster cuz some ppl are complaining or makeing a &quot;free speech&quot; i mean whats the point? what will u get out of this kind of post?

And you cant tell us not to say &quot;hey they are human, they have lives too&#33;&quot;
cuz its true man they have other stuff to do i bet this is just a hobby and i dont think they wuld sub an episode insted of going to work just cuz its a bit late.

zidane
Fri, 01-09-2004, 06:54 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jiraiy4 @ Jan 8 2004, 11:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> first of all..i hope the mods dont get pissed off at me...cuz this is free speech aint it? anyways...all these other fansub sites come out with the new eps ASAP, and ANBU is like the LAST one to get it all the time. Please dont tell me some bullshit about..&quot;that&#39;s cuz they make sure they give us the best quality&quot; I honestly don&#39;t see the quality difference between ANBU Aone and Baka-san..and Baka-san is always about 2 days faster.

if you agree then post something, if you don&#39;t then tell me that i&#39;m wrong but don&#39;t tell me some b/s (da one i mentioned above) like &quot;hey they are human, they have lives too&#33;&quot; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Freedom of speech doesnt mean you always have to use it eventhough youre a completly ignorant moron. Its like me telling nasa how to build spaceshuttles, i have no fucking clue about spaceshuttles and what the difference between a good and a bad one is, and how long it takes to build one. Thats why i will keep my mouth shut on that subject. You obviously have even less of a clue about fansubbing and the fact that anbu does a whole lot more then just naruto. Plus the fact that they are the only ones that do it at a proffesional consistancy , you know what to expect from them and that its high class stuff.

Unlike bakasan with all respect, sometimes decent, sometimes good, sometimes horrible.Plus he did what is somewhat not done in the fansub scene starting a series way far without doing the earlier episodes. This is why the only 2 groups i can take serious and are worth collecting are anbu and tw. The rest are just hype and atention seeking subbers. That do it for the &quot;Fans&quot; , yea right. As if the fans will die if they wait 2 or 3 more days for a true hq encode. If they do die, then they deserve to die.

Btw, i am in no way associated with neither anbu or aone, just sick of anoying people spitting out complete bs.

Mgslee
Fri, 01-09-2004, 07:20 AM
AnimeOne and ANBU have been pretty damn fast as of late... They&#39;ve even been first a couple of times these past few releases.... I dont know what your smoking...

In addition ep 65 will probably take longer cause they will actually spend time subbing the new ending (which all other &quot;fast release&quot; groups have skipped hope thats not a spoiler) ... For the most part, they are NOT that slow... people are just really impatient...

Raven
Fri, 01-09-2004, 07:24 AM
Wow, I can&#39;t believe this thread has stayed open for so long.

Notice how he hasn&#39;t replied to any of this? Can you say &#39;owned&#39;....

How dare you slander the good name of A/A? Blasphemy&#33;

hiddenpookie
Fri, 01-09-2004, 01:01 PM
so weee.....ya thier slow.... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/unsure.gif but remeber its free..oo and if the episode dont come out tommaro all go crazy&#33;...ps.s they have awsome timeing

AlbinoFury
Fri, 01-09-2004, 01:20 PM
whats bullshit is people whining about a free quality sub. please quit bitching.

NarutoOtaku
Fri, 01-09-2004, 01:26 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AlbinoFury @ Jan 9 2004, 12:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> whats bullshit is people whining about a free quality sub. please quit bitching. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
You are quite right. They spend their time and effort to make the best of it for us and some of you still complain. And for the upcoming movie, it doesnt matter how long they take to fansub the movie. It could be one week, or two weeks, or even one year(hopefully not). It doesnt matter. I appreciate what they do for us.

And although I agree with you, you dont have to use that language. Please? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

soulDistortion
Fri, 01-09-2004, 01:29 PM
Jesus, someone lock this thread.

Look, if you want it subbed faster, do it your damn self. If not, quit whining like a bitch. Unless you are compensating them in some way for their efforts, they don&#39;t owe you a damn thing.

Nobody is forcing you to wait for their subs; if you&#39;re too much of a baby to wait the extra day or so, you have plenty of other options available to you.

Ungrateful bastard.

Kagari
Fri, 01-09-2004, 01:30 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jiraiy4 @ Jan 8 2004, 11:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
&quot;hey they are human, they have lives too&#33;&quot; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif yeah, that&#39;s what i&#39;m sayin to you.

quit whining. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Jman
Fri, 01-09-2004, 01:31 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kagari @ Jan 9 2004, 12:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jiraiy4 &#064; Jan 8 2004, 11:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
&quot;hey they are human, they have lives too&#33;&quot; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif yeah, that&#39;s what i&#39;m sayin to you.

quit whining. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
agrees with you both

joker-kun
Fri, 01-09-2004, 01:31 PM
OK, first off, the quality is a bit better #1, #2 bakasan&#39;s timing is not near as good as anbu|aones, #3 bakasan comes out with an rmvb or some shit and anbu has an avi. so there are actually considerable differences between the others. if u knew anything about timing, encoding, texts and so on u would know that anbu does a much better job, aside from that, they dont force u to watch there&#39;s, u r free to enjoy all the other subs out there. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif Look man I get impatient aswell, but the fact is they r doing us a favour so not u or I or anyone else, has the right to complain. thats all&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Frank_griffith
Fri, 01-09-2004, 01:42 PM
I see no reason to complain. I beleive ANBU is doing a great job, and the translation is very accurate, possibly the best. Like many people mentionned, you get it for free after all. I know, Naruto is the best anime I&#39;ve ever seen, and I can&#39;t wait to see episode 65, but we must be patient. If you can&#39;t wait for it, then got download it from another group.