PDA

View Full Version : OVA Of Naruto.

gaara
Wed, 01-07-2004, 04:50 AM
rephrase that to TV special, AN OVA HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STORY...

Legato 2057
Wed, 01-07-2004, 05:15 AM
Wrong. OVA stands for Original Video Animation. Meaning direct to home video. It can be about anything. It can be a contiuation of the story like the HxH Greed Island OVAs or completely original like Z.O.E. Idolo OVA.

gaara
Wed, 01-07-2004, 05:20 AM
you just said it... ORIGINAL VIDEO ANIMATION, meaning NOT BY THE WRITER OF THE MANGA! DUHHHHHHHH just like GREEN ISLAND AND IDOLO aren't by the creator..THEY ARE MADE BY TV PRODUCERS! I've been watching anime for about 13 years.. I was long done with DBZ when the first episode actually came to the states.. I only watched like the cell saga on Toonami a couple times..

TRUE OTAKU FOR LIFE =P

Read that though...ORIGINAL VIDEO ANIMATION...as in ORIGINAL STORY for VIDEO release..An OVA does not affect the plot..DBGT IS AN OVA SERIES..IT WAS NEVER PUBLISHED BY AKIRA TORIYAMA, GET IT NOW??

Legato 2057
Wed, 01-07-2004, 05:31 AM
I think you need to take your Ridalin.

DBGT is a television series, not an OVA. Yes it was not created by Toriyama. but it is still a TV series. OVAs are direct to video releases. The Tenchi OVAs were written by the original creator. They are not TV episodes or Movies. They are OVAs because they were only released for the home market.

Greed Island is the continuation of the HxH TV series. Both are based off of the HxH manga, The OVAs were not written by some TV producer. They are the continuation of the manga, not something made up.

itachi_
Wed, 01-07-2004, 05:33 AM
Have you seen Rurouni Kenshin, the OVA's of that series is bind with the story, OVA 1 is before the TV and OVA 2 is after the tv series

sexy_no_jutsu
Wed, 01-07-2004, 05:35 AM
who cares, as long as we get side stories, its fine (though i prefer movies)

Death BOO Z
Wed, 01-07-2004, 05:47 AM
Gaara... let me correcet you a bit.

the movies are what have no connection to the plot, see DBZ movies, ranma movies, and almost anyother thing...

OVA's aren't released to T.V or the cinema, but straight to DVD and stuff, such as the Puni Puni Poemi, RK OVA and Ranma 12 OVA.

also, in cases that the ova is of some seires, then it'll have connection to it, like how Ranma's OVA were part of the manga, and how RK both ova's were in the jinchuu arc in the manga.

gaara
Wed, 01-07-2004, 05:48 AM
They can make certain films due to feedback from the creator, but even though an ova can still air on TV...Like the DBGT TV special was a 45 minute OVA also released on video.

Producers don't write the story...Producers come up with the genius idea of dragging on a series for no point....DBGT is an OVA series, but there really is no word for it other than what we here in america call OVA...if u want just call it OA then... Because Toriyama himself was disappointed in the series..Nobody in Japan liked it..And the story was already comming to a close way before it ended because it was decided that it will not last longer than its license..

Even if you do an origin series or what happens after..Doesn't mean the creator wanted that..Its what the fans wanted and what the TV producers in charge of the anime license decide to do, with and sometimes without the consent of the creator/writer, but in most cases they do get consent and feedback, but is not to be directly tied to a series.

Legato 2057
Wed, 01-07-2004, 06:10 AM
An OVA only airs on TV after is released on video. DBGT is a normal TV series regardless of who wrote it. You are creating your own definition OVA.

gaara
Wed, 01-07-2004, 06:15 AM
ova = has nothing to do with the creator's brain and his ideas...

TV special is a suitable term for what the guy who posted the topic is looking for...

DBGT is an original animation then, we'll leave the word video out for an american literalists who thinks the japanese stick to being literal in english lol..

itachi_
Wed, 01-07-2004, 06:16 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gaara &#064; Jan 7 2004, 05:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ova = has nothing to do with the creator&#39;s brain and his ideas...

TV special is a suitable term for what the guy who posted the topic is looking for...

DBGT is an original animation then, we&#39;ll leave the word video out for an american literalists who thinks the japanese stick to being literal in english lol.. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif Why is everybody talking about that damn DRAGON BALL&#33;, i know it&#39;s famous and popular... but it&#39;s old..

Legato 2057
Wed, 01-07-2004, 06:24 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>ova = has nothing to do with the creator&#39;s brain and his ideas...</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Once again: NO, you are wrong. Still making things up.

KakashiSensei
Wed, 01-07-2004, 06:31 AM
Every thing Legato 2057 is true. Hajime No Ippo has an OVA and that is by the same animators and creators. Its just a side story thats not on TV and made straight to video, No theatrical release. Gaara get your Facts straight and quit pretending to know what your talking about.

gaara
Wed, 01-07-2004, 06:47 AM
that isn&#39;t an ova, thats a special extra =P itz even called extra round.

ORIGINAL IMPLIES ORIGINAL IDEA

Legato 2057
Wed, 01-07-2004, 07:03 AM
NO&#33;NO&#33;NO&#33;NO&#33;NO&#33;NO&#33;NO&#33;NO&#33;NO&#33;NO&#33;NO&#33;NO&#33;NO&#33;NO&#33;NO&#33;NO&#33;

You just won&#39;t admit when you are wrong will you?
The original Bubblegum Crisis is an OVA series, but guess what, it was a stand alone series.

The original You&#39;re Under Arrest series was an OVA series. The TV series came after. What does that make the TV series to you?

All of the various .Hack OVAs are part of the .Hack timeline.

The Patlabor Series was originally at OVA series. The TV series came after and was not direct by Mamoru Oshi. What does that mae it?

Read or Die was an OVA. R.O.D. TV came after and has nothing to do with the original, what does that make it?

If you would like more proof that you are wrong, why don&#39;t you do some research Mr. &quot;True Otaku for Life&quot;.

r3n
Wed, 01-07-2004, 07:04 AM
OVA or no, i wanna see how kakashi gets his sharingan&#33;&#33;&#33; cos he obviously wasnt born with it, hence the big scar over that eye and the fact he isnt uchiha clan.

Legato 2057
Wed, 01-07-2004, 07:08 AM
Way to go r3n&#33; You had to bring it back on topic didn&#39;t you&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif lol j/k

I think everybody wants to know the truth about Kakashi

r3n
Wed, 01-07-2004, 07:10 AM
oh uve already discussed this? shudda guessed, sorry im new to these forums (check the join date&#33;)

Legato 2057
Wed, 01-07-2004, 07:24 AM
Don&#39;t worry about it. There&#39;s always someone talking about Kaksahi somewhere on this board.

Just don&#39;t let it happen again or I shall beat you to death with a rubber chicken&#33;

Maybe I should stop watching Monty Python, I think its&#39; messing with my head. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wacko.gif

a_nevels666
Wed, 01-07-2004, 07:26 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (r3n &#064; Jan 7 2004, 07:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> oh uve already discussed this? shudda guessed, sorry im new to these forums (check the join date&#33;) </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
That&#39;s OK, you post was actually on-topic.

The thing is: I&#39;m sure the Kakashi&#39;s-eye-thing is going to come up in the series in the future. If they&#39;d create an OVA about that now, there would be inconsistencies later.

P.s.
Legato 2057&#39;s definition of OVA was correct by the way.

gaara
Wed, 01-07-2004, 07:33 AM
yeah that last definition is right, but you said theres no such thing as an ova series..

Legato 2057
Wed, 01-07-2004, 07:37 AM
No I didn&#39;t I said DBGT was not an OVA series, it was a TV series.

gaara
Wed, 01-07-2004, 07:41 AM
just because you purchased it on tape or dvd doesn&#39;t mean it was never aired on ppv or tv.

Legato 2057
Wed, 01-07-2004, 07:47 AM
I&#39;m only going to say this one more time: OVA/OAV means that it was MADE for home video. Not TV or a theatrical release. That is all it means. It doesn&#39;t mean that all home video releases are an OAV/OVA.

There, I&#39;m done. I&#39;m fed up with arguing because you are too stuborn to admit when you are wrong.

gaara
Wed, 01-07-2004, 07:50 AM
on the other side of the ocean its a different story..although not offically a series will be called ova/oav except in america, it is treated as such in the that respect.

i guess i dont got a name for it then, an original story whatever it may be called for short that is..

itachi_
Wed, 01-07-2004, 10:48 AM
I hope they make a OVA that shows Ninja world wars, how the leaf village was secured, about hokage 1,2,4 and their apprentice and the whole fight with kyubi, and kakashi&#39;s early days?.. so we naruto fan&#39;s can get a more deeper view of naruto world.. what do you think?

a_nevels666
Wed, 01-07-2004, 01:48 PM
I hope not. I&#39;m sure most of those things are still going to be adressed in the regular anime/ manga series. An OVA that wasn&#39;t based on the manga would most likely be bad idea because of the inconsistencies the would create.

itachi_
Wed, 01-07-2004, 01:51 PM
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif I think it would just be awesome fights.