PDA

View Full Version : Release of Naruto

Yuhi_aogiri
Wed, 01-07-2004, 03:39 AM
well if its the manga then yes but the anime .... just thinking of how many dvd i'll have to buy to be up to the 65 ....

gaara
Wed, 01-07-2004, 04:32 AM
SHONEN JUMP SUCKS!!!!!!!!! THEY CANNOT TRANSLATE AND WHY DOES EVERY SUBBER REMOVE THE CURSING????? NARUTO HAS SAID "SHIT" SO MANY TIMES LOL...WATERED DOWN ENOUGH AS IT IS IN THE FANSUBBED MANGA/ANIME!

SHONEN JUMP RUINED ALL THAT IS NARUTO IN THE MANGA....ART OF DOPPLEGANGER?? THEY FIRED THE GUY THAT MADE THAT PHRASE BECAUSE THEY GOT PETITIONS AND HATE MAIL SENT TO THEM, YET THEY CAN'T CHANGE IT CUZ THEY'RE STUCK WITH IT>....

DO NOT SPEND MONEY ON THAT CRAP.

Only the graphic novels, cuz atleast you spend your money on crap but atleast its a lot at once.

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 01-07-2004, 04:39 AM
i would buy the manga even if the translations suck ass it's just the feeling off having it that does it for me and the anime dvds i'm definately gonna buy, i hope naruto isn't gonna be shown on Toonami or whatever over in the US cuz then they'll make a horrible dutch version after watching it in dutch even english would sound like music they horribly butchered Yu-gi-oh! even more then the americans did http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_jumpon.gif

gaara
Wed, 01-07-2004, 04:47 AM
Toonami doesn't mess Anime up...THE PEOPLE RELEASING THE ANIME IN USA ARE MESSING ANIME UP...Some got the right idea, but then again you get tired of all the caucasian actors and their stereotypical old asian man voices in certain series..I find that some Anime companies need to open up their doors to hiring some better actors instead of some gay surfer every time..Once in a while you wanna hear some attitude, not some fake azz white dude.

Sometimes in certain animes certain characters talk in a voice that in America would be called "ghetto"...Yet when brought over here, they're all proper in their speech...wtf?

I think anime deserves to stay true to the fact that is a foreign pleasure, and not a domestic mess...Notice now that no cartoon on tv is american anymore here in the states..They finally realized they suck so they play nothing but these anime series' that they water down for kids...Blame corporations and neo-cons.

Strigeln
Wed, 01-07-2004, 09:23 AM
I would buy it beacause it's the best manga I've every read and to have it in book form would be explendid!

zzz
Wed, 01-07-2004, 10:07 AM
If it was a professional translation then yes.

Anbu Girl
Wed, 01-07-2004, 10:08 AM
I would buy it coz its deserve that !

Its my fav!

RaZzy
Wed, 01-07-2004, 10:52 AM
tss

no way

itachi_
Wed, 01-07-2004, 10:52 AM
Yeah the manga in color, that'd be nice.

Uzumaki Naruto
Wed, 01-07-2004, 11:49 AM
ill buy it but i wont read bc i cant seam to read in my own language nevr bothered to learn how to read in my language but i will buy (sad isnt it)

StAn|SeRv
Wed, 01-07-2004, 11:51 AM
there is already a chinese translated manga in singapore. i've bought it.

sexy_no_jutsu
Wed, 01-07-2004, 12:35 PM
why would it be in color<_<

anyway, yes i will definately buy is, because its great and to support naruto off course

itachi_
Wed, 01-07-2004, 12:39 PM
If i remember it correctly... shonen jump is colored right? Naruto manga is originaly colored.

sexy_no_jutsu
Wed, 01-07-2004, 12:42 PM
what are you talking about. naruto isn't colored. the only time it is colored is once everey half year, and that is one page http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

+ colored manga sux. takes away the manga feel and makes it more like a comic http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif

Strigeln
Wed, 01-07-2004, 12:54 PM
yepp sexy_no_jutsu is right only some pages are colored

RaZzy: hmph... I don't like your stile...

Lys
Wed, 01-07-2004, 12:58 PM
I already do buy the manga ... er, sorta. I don't get the graphic novels, but I'm subscribed to Viz Shonen Jump. I don't really see the point in getting both; maybe if I lose interest in most of the Jump titles I'll switch to buying just graphic novels of the series I like. Either way, I think Naruto is worth supporting. Plus if I need to refer to something, scans aren't the most convenient method ^ˆ^; It's a bit easier to flip through pages than open up a bunch of image files to browse through.

NarutoOtaku
Thu, 01-08-2004, 02:20 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ @ Jan 7 2004, 09:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Yeah the manga in color, that&#39;d be nice. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Manga in color still cannot be compared to the anime. Although slow, the anime is much more dramatic and is very enjoyable. More so than the manga, but i do acknowledge that the manga can be addicting. Not so much as the anime though.

Nautek
Thu, 01-08-2004, 06:47 AM
Ofcourse I would buy it. Its amazing.

.akai
Thu, 01-08-2004, 11:04 AM
I voted for (1), it is exactly what I&#39;m doing right now. The latest volume so far is 19.

woofcat
Thu, 01-08-2004, 12:14 PM
i voted for (2) but i would not buy it because i live in canada and they would change the words and make it a Wussy comic book&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_argue.gif

migawari
Thu, 01-08-2004, 01:15 PM
id totally buy it. its worth it, poor translation or not.

gaara
Fri, 01-09-2004, 07:32 AM
yeah i&#39;d get the viz releases(........) but only to start up a collection and put away..i&#39;d rather read the fansubbed chapters.

Strigeln
Fri, 01-09-2004, 12:57 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (.akai &#064; Jan 8 2004, 11:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I voted for (1), it is exactly what I&#39;m doing right now. The latest volume so far is 19. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
From which country are U?

RoMuLuu
Sun, 01-18-2004, 08:31 AM
I&#39;m one of those who reads the manga after wathcing the Anime. I don&#39;t read the manga any further than the anime goes, because I still think the anime is more important and exciting to me. But if Naruto manga was released in my language (finnish), I would definitely buy it. But only if it was translated with care, otherwise I would more likely read it in english.

Iznogoud
Mon, 01-19-2004, 10:43 AM
Not quite sure, in fact it is being released but only the manga and well only up to vol 9 so.....not really interesting http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif
If they release the anime i&#39;ll buy instantly though http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

From Konoha's Ghetto
Mon, 01-19-2004, 10:46 AM
I saw Volume 1 in a bookstore and I put it down when I saw, &quot;I&#39;ll beat you with my DOPPELGANGERS&#33;&quot;

.akai
Mon, 01-19-2004, 11:07 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strigeln &#064; Jan 10 2004, 12:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (.akai &#064; Jan 8 2004, 11:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I voted for (1), it is exactly what I&#39;m doing right now. The latest volume so far is 19. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
From which country are U? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Singapore...somewhere in asia.
Here, we can find both Chinese and Japanese versions (of most manga).
This is one of the very few things I like about this place.