PDA

View Full Version : TV

Legato 2057
Wed, 01-07-2004, 02:41 AM
Nothing.
OVA: Original Video Animation

OAV: Original Animated Video

It basically means a home video release.

Kn1ves
Wed, 01-07-2004, 08:34 AM
Ok, heres one for you guys

Why is it that some anime have TV at the end of their titles?

Read or Die TV
Green Green TV
Gravitation TV

and others dont... Im pretty sure Naruto is shown in tv @ japan.. why isnt it called Naruto TV?

hiddenpookie
Wed, 01-07-2004, 10:04 AM
oo wow big deal u must have been real bored to post this http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif j/k becuz there no oav duh!

itachi_
Wed, 01-07-2004, 10:12 AM
It's the TV-Show of the anime, that has been broadcasted on TV. Naruto isn't licensed yet so they don't have the "TV" o it yet, and no movie or OVA has been released. So i don't think it's necessary to have "TV"

Kn1ves
Wed, 01-07-2004, 10:48 AM
so wait, if i download an Read or Die OAV/OVA it wouldnt go along with the RoD TV one?? theres different versions, meaning different story? clear-e-fy me!

Serpico
Wed, 01-07-2004, 11:13 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kn1ves @ Jan 7 2004, 09:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> so wait, if i download an Read or Die OAV/OVA it wouldnt go along with the RoD TV one?? theres different versions, meaning different story? clear-e-fy me&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
The OAV is a 3 part series, and is independant from the TV series. It focuses on a different main character. You don&#39;t need to watch both if you dont want to but the ROD OAV is awesome. I only watched 1 ROD TV episode so far though, it looked ok.

and the OAV came out first

Legato 2057
Wed, 01-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Because some times there are more than one variations of an anime: OVA/OAV, thaetrical movie or TV show.

joker-kun
Wed, 01-07-2004, 12:41 PM
Naruto has only the TV series and nothing else, so I assume since there is no OVA or movies that people already know it is tv. I believe series that have tv beside them all have OVA series or something along those lines, so u would then need to decifer between what is tv and what is OVA, naruto does not need to to decifer anything http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/huh.gif

itachi_
Wed, 01-07-2004, 12:47 PM
What&#39;s the difference between OVA and OAV ?