PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Neji and Choji will die?

Vagabond
Tue, 01-06-2004, 10:20 AM
After they were both fataly injured i think they would probably die without medical help. But I think that one girl Shizume is going to find them. I mean how could you not see a 50+ ft Choji.

I dunno what do you think?

Legendary Nin
Tue, 01-06-2004, 10:26 AM
I could see Chouji being killed off,probably not Neiji.But I do think they will both survive,just like Lee.But will be in rough shape.

Rock Lee
Tue, 01-06-2004, 11:26 AM
After Chouji revealed what a true badass he was, and Neji showed us that he wasn't really as much an annoying "I'm so sad so im gonna be a dick and cry about it in other forms" hes seems much higher on the tolerable scale to me lately, i doubt either of them will die.

NarutoOtaku
Tue, 01-06-2004, 11:47 AM
I doubt the side characters will die. I dont see why Kishimoto would make that happen anyways.

Lys
Tue, 01-06-2004, 11:53 AM
When it was JUST Chouji, I think it would have been possible for him to die (although I would still refuse to believe it until I was given direct proof). But you can't just kill off TWO characters like that. Plus I think if they were dead we would know by now—the fact that Kishimoto hasn't told his readers offers some hope. No point dragging it out only to have us all find out they're dead ...

-ANBU-Sasuke-
Tue, 01-06-2004, 12:21 PM
I think that choji will live mabey. But neji is a small chance, since he got punture wounds that are far to great for somebody to live

But since his bird cage seal didnt lift yet. Mabey he will live?

Raven
Tue, 01-06-2004, 12:26 PM
But Chouji took the last red pill, and they clearly said "if you take the last pill, YOU WILL DIE". After saying that, it would be kind of dumb if he lived, but I hope somehow he lives anyway, he's alright.

Uberbaka
Tue, 01-06-2004, 12:40 PM
In my eyes Choji -Is- dead. Neji i doubt will die at this moment in time, but it is thesible.

Choji surviving would be like if Lee opened the final gate and survived that, just plain stupid. Besides, the butterfly which lifted off when we saw choji for the last time represents death in japanese culture. bla bla bla.

-edit-
Typo

Vagabond
Tue, 01-06-2004, 12:47 PM
I don't think Choji is dead just because Shizume is close by and she's a healer so..

Also when neji fell he a feather from a bird fell in his hand. I dunno if that means anything or not but just wanted to point that out.

Mut
Wed, 01-07-2004, 02:32 AM
if neji dies, the manga becomes crap.

Insomniac
Wed, 01-07-2004, 03:41 AM
Neji definately wont die, Chouji maybe - depends on his fanbase in japan

gaara
Wed, 01-07-2004, 04:36 AM
people fail to realize that Tsunade made a hasty decision when she woke up, she doesn't even know who sasuke is lols... Why is she gonna send 5 kids straight into orochimaru?? She is new(at her job) so there are things she needs to know first, she's been too busy with all that crap on her desk to make a rational decision in the morning..Shizune will go back to Leaf to obviously tell her that 2 jounins died by the Sound nin that Tsunade sent Shikamaru & co. after....

They will have probably caught up by now..Every time they faded away from choji and neji, ANBU probably arrived..Plus they have medical assistance now on teams..Something she didn't send with Shikamaru and them.

It is obvious if you pay attention that Tsunade was making a weird decision and didn't even know much details..She of all people should know Orochimaru and his people are crazy..

Who knows, maybe they'll take out Sound village =D

They messed around enough

KevKoN
Wed, 01-07-2004, 04:48 AM
even if they die ... they can go get the dragonballs and wish them back. so its really no big deal http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Legato 2057
Wed, 01-07-2004, 04:49 AM
Tsunade may be new at being Hokage, but that certainly doesn't mean that she makes hasty decisions. She new exactly what she was doing when she sent out Shikamaru and co. There was no one else to go on the mission at the time.

Ehh...I give up. I'm too lazy to argue.

Vagabond
Wed, 01-07-2004, 04:50 AM
Where exactly are Orochimaru and co? Are they still in the fire country?

Also I bet Tsunade sent out Shikamaru knowing that Genma's (I think thats his name) team was already out there. Though I don't think she knew how strong the four sound nins were.

gaara
Wed, 01-07-2004, 04:55 AM
Orochimaru is chilling at the crib yo lols..In the heart of Sound across the border...

Dude you can't see the obviousness in the set up for REINFORCEMENTS...

Tsunade is a legend at losing in gambling and she was an addicted gambler! She is not capable of making hasty decisions on stuff she is not too well informed of after having to stay up a whole night reading all that paper work..Someone woke her up and she had to think fast and make a decision, this doesn't mean she knew the relation of Sasuke and Orochimaru because NOBODY ELSE IN KONOHA DOES, except team 7 and the genin who are confused..Nobody told Naruto about the curse seal...Nor do they know if it that was Sasuke's power or not...Be more keen in observations.

Vagabond
Wed, 01-07-2004, 05:05 AM
Yeah that's true man. I guess she didnt really know the importance of getting Sasuke back so she sent Genins, when in reality it should be at the top of her list.

If im not making any sense sorry. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

gaara
Wed, 01-07-2004, 05:09 AM
that is perfect sense..that is very logical, not a speculation.

Legato 2057
Wed, 01-07-2004, 05:10 AM
Gaara, your observations are fine but your interpretation is lacking. First you say that she cna't make good decisions because she is a compulsive gambler. Then you say that she planned it all as a diversion so that she can send the reinforcements in to destroy sound. Which is it?

And this decision wasn't made in the middle of the night, she waited until morning when she had assessed the situation and the personnel available to her. Shikamaru was the only chunnin who could do the job at the moment.

And Sakura did tell Naruto about the Cursed seal before they left...I think...I don't have the manga on hand, but I'm pretty sure.

Dreamer
Wed, 01-07-2004, 05:16 AM
quick question... who is shizume?

hyuga_hinata
Wed, 01-07-2004, 05:24 AM
Shizune.... i remember is Tsunade's apprentice (the one that carries the piggie around).

Before the chapter started I thought that Neji might die... because of all the bird in the cage stuff and choosing fate, but I hope he doesn't!!!!!

My friends also came up with the Shizune to the rescue theory... she is nearby - THEY BETTER NOT DIE~!

I wouldn't min if Sasuke died, but as we all know, the chances of that happening are very slim. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_jumpon.gif

gaara
Wed, 01-07-2004, 05:26 AM
I didn't say anything about a diversion...SHIZUNE WILL HAVE MADE IT BACK BY THE TIME NARUTO AND THEM ACTUALLY CAUGHT UP...HENCE EVERY FADE AWAY SCENE FROM CHOJI 2 NEJI DOESN'T MEAN ANBU DIDN'T SHOW UP...

Well if Sakura did say anything bout the seal (which she did not) or not it doesn't matter because Naruto has no idea wtf it does lol..

And you can't read by the way...Nothing about diversions or her making a hasty decision the night before because nobody knew til morning...I said she went to sleep on her paper work at her desk, lots of hard work..She was woken up with news of a Genin leaving the village, the rule is you don't abandon your village without atleast saying goodbye lols...

A Mission to Sound is of the highest priority. She has no background information on Sasuke's relationship to Orochimaru. She probably figured he ran away..She didn't give the mission based on importance because she didn't know of the importance...She just figured if she can get 5 kids to grab him then it will be all good.. If she had only known it was Orochimaru's men that Sasuke left with(which shizune will have already told her when she gets back), She will send in reinforcements... I don't know where u got diversion from..baka

Legato 2057
Wed, 01-07-2004, 06:14 AM
Actuall she porbably did know abot Orochimaru and Sasuke. Kakashi certainly knew. He told the 3rd, do you really think he would keep this info secret from Tsunade? And those fade away scenes don't mean that the Anbu DID show up either.

You are making up your own story to go along with what you think happened.

gaara
Wed, 01-07-2004, 06:19 AM
"You are making up your own story to go along with what you think happened. "

which brings me to this: "He told the 3rd, do you really think he would keep this info secret from Tsunade?"

exactly...

so no furthor debate needed... I don't remember Kakashi telling the 3rd anything really, but what chapter was that cuz I feel like reading that n stuff..

Tsunade had much work to overwhelm her with...She sent a newly recruited Chuunin on a suicide mission... Shizune is gonna come back screaming about jounins getting killed in the same direction that Tsunade sent chuunins towards?? I'm a soldier kid, sometimes you've gotta make sense out of war.

Legato 2057
Wed, 01-07-2004, 06:22 AM
"I'm a soldier, kid"?

I'm 24 years old and I'm actually in the military. So...no.

itachi_
Wed, 01-07-2004, 06:22 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legato 2057 @ Jan 7 2004, 05:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> &quot;I&#39;m a soldier, kid&quot;?

I&#39;m 24 years old and I&#39;m actually in the military. So...no. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Of what country?

Vagabond
Wed, 01-07-2004, 06:27 AM
Guys just chill out. This is not something to mad about.

Legato 2057
Wed, 01-07-2004, 06:41 AM
US Navy Itachi

I&#39;m not mad about anything Vagabond. I am simply participating in an argument with Gaara.

gaara
Wed, 01-07-2004, 06:45 AM
remember this forum and all ideas about &quot;what next&quot; is all about speculation regardless.

Vagabond
Wed, 01-07-2004, 07:45 AM
Well I was wrong. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

I went back and read the manga and apparently Tsunade does know what Orochimaru is going to do with Sasuke. Also she seemed pretty confident about choosing Shikamaru for the job. I dunno if she has faith in Shika but she seems to have a lot in Naruto. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

gaara
Wed, 01-07-2004, 07:47 AM
well i still thought she was crazy for that...my bad but we can only hope they get into a brawl soon..im dying for a new chapter...

Vagabond
Wed, 01-07-2004, 07:50 AM
Yeah I want to see Naruto fight that Kimamano(????) guy.

Legato 2057
Wed, 01-07-2004, 08:22 AM
Kimimaro is how they translated it. And yes, I bet that fight is going to be sweet as hell.

Mut
Wed, 01-07-2004, 08:31 AM
it clearly says in the manga the reason why tsunade sent those kids is cuz almost all jounins were gone doing other missions. don&#39;t argue this FACT.

gaara
Wed, 01-07-2004, 08:39 AM
well she should&#39;ve gone as well lols jk...risky risky though, hopefully shizune gets some help.. but then again kimimaro probably feels very very used and is lying about wanting to do another favor for orochimaru..he probably wants to kill sasuke and is jealous of him if anything..

itachi_
Wed, 01-07-2004, 10:25 AM
Neji has been blessed with more hyuga talent then anyone. Then he must have what it takes to survive such wounds.

Chouji has to much lard to relieve on, he won&#39;t die http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Uzumaki Naruto
Wed, 01-07-2004, 11:44 AM
i dont think that they will bc i think that they have better parts later in the manga

Anbu Hatake Kakashi
Wed, 01-07-2004, 01:00 PM
Talking about the manga?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;??&#33;&#33;??&#33; dont worry i read it too http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif lol... it looked like Choji died.. remember he said.. if i take the red pill i will surely die

jing
Wed, 01-07-2004, 01:21 PM
man i really hope they didnt......... neji said he cannot die that easily&#33;&#33;&#33; i believe in him&#33;&#33;

DaRk-SeRpEnT
Wed, 01-07-2004, 01:23 PM
i think choji will die cus there was that &quot;butterfly&quot; that shikamaru saw but neji RULES HE CANT DIE BECAUSE HE MUSH LIVE EVEN HIS FATHER SAID IT

StAn|SeRv
Wed, 01-07-2004, 01:25 PM
they won&#39;t die cos they are important characters.

itachi_
Wed, 01-07-2004, 01:45 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Anbu Hatake Kakashi @ Jan 7 2004, 12:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Talking about the manga?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;??&#33;&#33;??&#33; dont worry i read it too http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif lol... it looked like Choji died.. remember he said.. if i take the red pill i will surely die </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
They always say such things not only in Naruto, but they do survive pretty offen.

abomb
Wed, 01-07-2004, 01:47 PM
i dont think neji died, because they probably would have made a point to show the seal disappearing.

And if Neji lives, then Chouji probably will as well.

Queen_Tsunade
Thu, 01-08-2004, 06:32 AM
Well they didn&#39;t have that &quot;When you look back on this day in the future, always remember your fallen comrades and their sacrifices&quot; type thing when they set off?
Eventhough Tsunade&#39;s apprentice+friend are there, I have a feeling that at least one of them will die. I can see this manga taking a pretty dark turn in the near future. Or maybe not... who knows?

woofcat
Thu, 01-08-2004, 12:08 PM
Simple awnser to the simple question

no

because Neji needs to protect Hintata

itachi_
Fri, 01-09-2004, 12:09 PM
I&#39;m with the brittish SAS http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Hotsuma
Fri, 01-09-2004, 12:43 PM
I think both Gaara and Legato are right, just from different perspectives.

Gaara is right, because sending kids out to a mission, which she probably knew nothing about, except that Oro was pulling the strings, IS a rash decision. Add to the fact that she suggested Naruto, and we all know just how unfit of a ninja he is. She needs to realize, as good a fighter (and you can&#39;t say this, because he relies on one big comeback, instead of actual plans) he is, he&#39;s pretty dimwitted, where it counts. As a NINJA. That was nothing but bias on her part. If he dies, it would be her fault. Now, in defense of Tsunade, choosing Shikamaru was a wise choice. This kid probably has more skill than anybody else as far as planning goes. He was the only good thing about that decision. So, she did make a rash decision. Logically, I think Tsunade isn&#39;t a smart thinker.

However, Legato is also just as right, but more from a concrete material point of view. The book clearly states that Shikamaru was the only able enough Chuunin to perform this mission.

rasengan
Sat, 01-10-2004, 07:31 AM
i dont think neji will die but choji might bcuz he took the red pill http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Atomant
Sat, 01-10-2004, 10:38 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VagabondLBD @ Jan 6 2004, 10:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> After they were both fataly injured i think they would probably die without medical help. But I think that one girl Shizume is going to find them. I mean how could you not see a 50+ ft Choji.

I dunno what do you think? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Well, i think for one thing, yeah it would be hard to miss a 50+ft chouji, but seeing as he&#39;s back to normal size(well his new slimfast normal size) it would be just as hard to find him(not very hard for anbu anyhow).

And also, Neither Neji, nor chouji can be dead.. or at least yet, because like someone mentioned, you can&#39;t kill off a character in a story and not say something along the lines of, &quot;and he died&quot;. Could they still die? yeah they could. but i don&#39;t think either will personally.

On another not, no tsunade did not send out anbu or anyone else after shika&#39;s team for the same reason that she HAD TO send shika&#39;s team, all the other jounins/chuunin&#39;s were out on missions, so basically shika&#39;s team is on there own, unless tsunade herself decides to go after them(possibly a return of Jiraiya?) who knows how its going to turn out. but one thing is for sure, its not worth arguing over speculations http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Trip
Sat, 01-10-2004, 01:34 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CmDr_RavEn @ Jan 6 2004, 11:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> But Chouji took the last red pill, and they clearly said &quot;if you take the last pill, YOU WILL DIE&quot;. After saying that, it would be kind of dumb if he lived, but I hope somehow he lives anyway, he&#39;s alright. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I think they will say something like &quot;a slimmer person would have died&quot;.

Anyway, i wouldnt be surprised if both characters died, and possibly kiba too.