PDA

View Full Version : i just saw

Junichiro
Mon, 01-05-2004, 08:55 AM
i just saw the last samuri sunday, and i thought of all the cool ninjas that came in w/ thier needles. i wish i had ninja needles. and some kunis(cant spell, throwing knives) and shurkins. although some of that kage... jitsu would do as well

Krbadass
Mon, 01-05-2004, 08:56 AM
So whats the .... point of the thread, are you asking something or.... wha?

Baka-chan
Mon, 01-05-2004, 09:00 AM
i don't get it either... but i did see last samurai and it was a pretty badass movie. but it reminded me of Kenshin more than Naruto.

Larz
Mon, 01-05-2004, 09:07 AM
Yes, The Last Samurai was an incredible movie. Although yes, it's focus was much more on samurais then the 15-minute ninja attack.

btw: kunai, shuriken, and jutsu http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

joker-kun
Mon, 01-05-2004, 09:45 AM
hmmm.... the last samurai was a very enjoyable movie indeed, but um what exactly is this thread for? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif I'm a little confused

Krbadass
Mon, 01-05-2004, 10:00 AM
Moved.

Junichiro
Mon, 01-05-2004, 10:50 AM
the point is i liked the ninjas w/ their weapons and how that guy used the needdles in the Zanbuz fight did

The_Fourth
Mon, 01-05-2004, 11:04 AM
I really dont find a point to this thread, but I would like to see that movie, althou that gay ass tom cruise appears on it. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Power PMV
Mon, 01-05-2004, 11:06 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The_Fourth @ Jan 5 2004, 10:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I really dont find a point to this thread, but I would like to see that movie, althou that gay ass tom cruise appears on it. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
that is exactly what is preventing me from watching that movie. Tom Cruise as a samurai is just wrong. Stupid Asian Wannabe.

joker-kun
Mon, 01-05-2004, 11:26 AM
actually i dont like Tom Cruise, but he was in my opinion the best hes ever been in this movie (cept maybe a few good men) and hes not a asian wannabe you have to watch to understand, so dont let it hold you back its a good movie

Legendary Nin
Mon, 01-05-2004, 11:35 AM
Gay ass Tom Cruise,are you guys that young.That man made classic movies,try and say Top Gun was shit in the 80&#39;s,try and say the first Speed movie was a flop,try and say Rainman was nothing in its time.Do you guys remember the Mission impossible movies? Shit,even Adam Sandler impersonated one of the characters on his comedy cd,that&#39;s the type of impact this guy has had.Sure his movies haven&#39;t been classics as of lately,but that guy can make a movie.

pandaexpress79
Mon, 01-05-2004, 11:45 AM
is the new one better than the original version? i like the original it was good, but is the new one worth watching?

Baka-chan
Mon, 01-05-2004, 11:47 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legendary Nin @ Jan 5 2004, 10:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Gay ass Tom Cruise,are you guys that young.That man made classic movies,try and say Top Gun was shit in the 80&#39;s,try and say the first Speed movie was a flop,try and say Rainman was nothing in its time.Do you guys remember the Mission impossible movies? Shit,even Adam Sandler impersonated one of the characters on his comedy cd,that&#39;s the type of impact this guy has had.Sure his movies haven&#39;t been classics as of lately,but that guy can make a movie. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
well said http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

and you&#39;d be surprised to see how well he does in the movie. and know about the movie before you accuse him of an &quot;asian wannabe&quot; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif

Power PMV
Mon, 01-05-2004, 12:03 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legendary Nin @ Jan 5 2004, 10:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Gay ass Tom Cruise,are you guys that young.That man made classic movies,try and say Top Gun was shit in the 80&#39;s,try and say the first Speed movie was a flop,try and say Rainman was nothing in its time.Do you guys remember the Mission impossible movies? Shit,even Adam Sandler impersonated one of the characters on his comedy cd,that&#39;s the type of impact this guy has had.Sure his movies haven&#39;t been classics as of lately,but that guy can make a movie. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I&#39;m not saying Tom Cruise is a bad actor, I just don&#39;t imagine him being a samurai, I will watch the movie before giving any other comments but USUALLY that kind of movies where a white guy tries to be a ninja/samurai/martial artist suck. They just try to americanize the stuff.

Raven
Mon, 01-05-2004, 12:06 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legendary Nin @ Jan 5 2004, 10:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> try and say the first Speed movie was a flop </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
um.... wasn&#39;t that Keanu Reeves?

hiroshi
Tue, 01-06-2004, 02:14 AM
Yes they are all good movies. But again i state, that Tom Cruise dosn&#39;t act as well as he should act.

Those movies did &#39;him&#39; justice rather than the other way around. That isn&#39;t how it should be. When Arnold Schwarznegger (sp?) did Terminator 2 or Terminator 1, he did the film justice by his excellent acting. But then you look at Terminator 3 and sure you have a ton of special effects, and the film itself was good, but Arnold&#39;s acting was nowhere near as good as he was in the other 2 films, which ruins Terminator 3 in a whole big way.

Tom Cruise did this in most of the films i&#39;ve seen him in. The only one he seems to actually &#39;fit&#39; was the minority report. But his acting could of been better.

~ Then again, it&#39;s all about opinion. ~

Legendary Nin
Tue, 01-06-2004, 02:28 AM
My bad,he was in the sequel.But still,Days of Thunder,Jerry Maguire.

Xollence
Tue, 01-06-2004, 04:09 AM
What&#39;s up with all these people against Tom Cruise being in an all Asian cast? Then why is it that when Jet Li or Jacky Chan&#39;s in an all American cast people are fine with it?

KakashiSensei
Tue, 01-06-2004, 04:29 AM
No Jet Li&#39;s north american MOVIES SUCK ASS. If you wanna know what I mean Watch Fist of Legend or for jacky Chan, Drunken Master 2 (the legend of drunken Master in NA) For awesome movies.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 01-06-2004, 04:37 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CmDr_RavEn @ Jan 5 2004, 11:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legendary Nin &#064; Jan 5 2004, 10:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> try and say the first Speed movie was a flop </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
um.... wasn&#39;t that Keanu Reeves? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yea it was...

As for MI2... that was a complete load of bollocks...

Top Gun I only saw a bit of it... didn&#39;t like it but you could say it was early days for him though..

MI was good but then again it didn&#39;t rely as heavily on his character as the second one did...

Havn&#39;t seen the others, might have a look though.

joker-kun
Tue, 01-06-2004, 04:58 AM
Alot of people are getting the wrong idea, hes not an asian wannabe or martial arts master, you need to watch the movie and youll understand...

and actually I like Jet Li, Romeo Must Die is the shit&#33;

Power PMV
Tue, 01-06-2004, 05:17 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KakashiSensei @ Jan 6 2004, 03:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> No Jet Li&#39;s north american MOVIES SUCK ASS. If you wanna know what I mean Watch Fist of Legend or for jacky Chan, Drunken Master 2 (the legend of drunken Master in NA) For awesome movies.

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
exactly.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Alot of people are getting the wrong idea, hes not an asian wannabe or martial arts master, you need to watch the movie and youll understand...</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

I&#39;ll watch it before making any further comments.

Immortal Boner
Tue, 01-06-2004, 06:31 AM
Haven&#39;t seen the movie or the commercial but I already have low expectations for it (probably because of seeing Kung Pow.) From what I can piece together, it does look somewhat insulting to put a white guy in a serious/action movie titled, &quot;The Last Samurai.&quot; Funny as hell too.

I don&#39;t see Jackie Chan or Jet Li in a movie title, &quot;The Last Patriot.&quot; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif Though it would probably end up in the comedy genre. Usually these guys are in martial arts niche movies which is pretty stereotypical in itself, but that&#39;s a different subject.

joker-kun
Tue, 01-06-2004, 08:10 AM
lol, you guys still dont get it, you keep giving the title to Tom Cruise, here is what the title means:

slight spoiler:

<span style='color:#D6DBE0'>Tome Cruise is not the last samurai a japanese dude is, Tom Cruise is american</span>

perhaps now you will not be confused about the title...

SaSuKeRuLeS
Tue, 01-06-2004, 08:28 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Junichiro @ Jan 5 2004, 08:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> i just saw the last samuri sunday, and i thought of all the cool ninjas that came in w/ thier needles. i wish i had ninja needles. and some kunis(cant spell, throwing knives) and shurkins. although some of that kage... jitsu would do as well </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
i saw that movie too and was amazed about how much japanese i learned from naruto and realted to on the movie

Iznogoud
Tue, 01-06-2004, 11:20 AM
Omg tom cruise made a lot of good movies...
Ever seen minority report ?
And the bunch of movies he made before that...damnit cant remember the names but i&#39;ll edit my post when i remember http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif
@powerpvm: i saw a preview and i understand why he is a samurai in this movie...totally explainable but i won&#39;t spoil http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

JessiA
Tue, 01-06-2004, 11:41 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Power PMV @ Jan 5 2004, 11:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legendary Nin &#064; Jan 5 2004, 10:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Gay ass Tom Cruise,are you guys that young.That man made classic movies,try and say Top Gun was shit in the 80&#39;s,try and say the first Speed movie was a flop,try and say Rainman was nothing in its time.Do you guys remember the Mission impossible movies? Shit,even Adam Sandler impersonated one of the characters on his comedy cd,that&#39;s the type of impact this guy has had.Sure his movies haven&#39;t been classics as of lately,but that guy can make a movie. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I&#39;m not saying Tom Cruise is a bad actor, I just don&#39;t imagine him being a samurai, I will watch the movie before giving any other comments but USUALLY that kind of movies where a white guy tries to be a ninja/samurai/martial artist suck. They just try to americanize the stuff. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Tom Cruise isn&#39;t my favorite actor.. but after being dragged to go see Master and Command, I figured that The Last Samurai couldn&#39;t possibly be any worse.

And I was right. It was a lot better, actually.

When I saw the previews, I also thought it was just him being an asian wannabe too... but my expectations were off on this one. You really would have to see the movie to understand.

Oh yeah, and Cruise did a good job in this one. I didn&#39;t even know who it was until after the movie (cuz I don&#39;t watch the credits).

hiroshi
Tue, 01-06-2004, 12:53 PM
Quote (Legendary Nin @ Jan 5 2004, 10:35 PM)
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>say Top Gun was shit in the 80&#39;s,try and say the first Speed movie was a flop,try and say Rainman was nothing in its time.Do you guys remember the Mission impossible movies? Shit,even Adam Sandler impersonated one of the characters on his comedy cd,that&#39;s the type of impact this guy has had.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Actually in my case... I thought Top Gun was too slow and boring, he wasn&#39;t in speed, and Rainman was also very slow and boring. I didn&#39;t like the mission impossible movies much either, great storyline and everything but the whole thing just didn&#39;t seem up to scratch.

For some reason, i haven&#39;t really liked his movies much at all. I&#39;m not saying i don&#39;t like the guy though, he&#39;s ok i guess. But so far i haven&#39;t seen any decent movies from him, where he has really been a good actor.

And... uh... i&#39;m pretty ignorant i guess. But i don&#39;t know who Adam Sandler is. =_+;

I agree that him as a Samurai dosn&#39;t work. There was never a single western Samurai, and the reason is simply because the Samurai is &#39;culteral&#39; and the western world has nothing to do with that culture at all. Even when the Samurai was obsolete, they kept the Samurai around for quite a while purely for cultural reasons over in the east. Seeing a western guy act as a character from Japanese culture is kind of like taking the piss.

It&#39;s a little like saying: &quot;Your culture is nothing special. Anyone could of done that, hell we americans could of just as easily been the creators of that culture. Look&#33; we&#39;re going to stick a western guy in as a Samurai in a movie, just to prove how stupid the idea is.&quot;.

Guess i&#39;m a little narrow minded. But it&#39;s just like that time i heard some American co-director of the anime &#39;Metropolis&#39; claim that it was the Americans that created Anime and manga, and not the Japanese. He even had the cheek to say that the Japanese simply copied their ideas&#33; &gt;_O

KakashiSensei
Tue, 01-06-2004, 01:42 PM
Ok how about watching the movie Legend, or Minority Report, or Interview with a Vampire, Those are all really GREAT Movies.

hiddenpookie
Tue, 02-03-2004, 11:23 AM
err i want to spoil it soo bad&#33;&#33;&#33; ull understand this movie was like awsome man i loved it pretty sad ending and for the ppl who saw it* when he put on the guy&#39;s red armor was that badass or what? reminded me of rk a lil bit a the gatlin gun the asian patriots...veri good movie watch it

r3n
Wed, 02-04-2004, 02:33 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legendary Nin @ Jan 6 2004, 03:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Gay ass Tom Cruise,are you guys that young.That man made classic movies,try and say Top Gun was shit in the 80&#39;s,try and say the first Speed movie was a flop,try and say Rainman was nothing in its time.Do you guys remember the Mission impossible movies? Shit,even Adam Sandler impersonated one of the characters on his comedy cd,that&#39;s the type of impact this guy has had.Sure his movies haven&#39;t been classics as of lately,but that guy can make a movie. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Tom cruise was in speed? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

PSJ
Wed, 02-04-2004, 03:18 AM
nope he wasnt.....

isnt the movie about tom cruise being the last samurai O.o?? the title and posters are so damn confusing havent seen a trailer tho.. and can tom cruise be good in movies? the only movie i have seen with imh making a good perfromance is interview with a vampire that movie rocks but it features brad pitt more than tom cruise http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

A77ALiSTiC
Wed, 02-04-2004, 04:25 AM
joker-kuns spoiler should clear it for you guys, and actually, what he spoiled is pretty obvious in the trailer itself...
i have never been moved so much by a movie before&#33; i really had great respect for japans old culture after watching the movie (i aint saying their current one is bad, i just never knew about the old ways of the japanese) one of the most touching parts was when (highlight)<span style='color:#D6DBE0'>kutsomot&#39;s (SP?) son dies... damn, if you remember, that guy was always happy, laughing and shit... really hoped he would survive</span>
and i gott agree, that ninja part was awesome&#33;&#33;&#33; that and the final battle were my favourite parts ever&#33;&#33;

ArazioN
Wed, 02-04-2004, 04:57 AM
hehe the last battle was more exciting for me than in LOTR 2/3 =D&#33; It&#39;s an awsome movie and def one of the best movie i&#39;ve ever seen =D (maybe ,bcuz I&#39;m a RK freak http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif)

Raven
Wed, 02-04-2004, 04:59 AM
I loved it, was a great movie, the battle scenes were truly awesome.

Usually I hate Tom Cruise, but the movie was still enjoyable, he was pretty good. Someone said in this thread they were surprised how much Japanese they could understand just from watching anime...... I found that too. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

The movie reminded me of the PC RTS Battle Realms more than anything else..... anyone know of it? The movie was virtually the game itself.

Assassin
Wed, 02-04-2004, 05:03 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya @ Feb 4 2004, 02:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> isnt the movie about tom cruise being the last samurai O.o?? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
no....thats what i thought when i first heard of the movie (before it came out) and i figured it would suck ass.....but its actually quite good

the title &quot;The last samurai&quot; isn&#39;t about tom cruise.......the movie itself focuses on the modernization (is that a word?) of japan, and how the ways of the samurai are forgotten......and how a few men fight to to keep thier culture/honor.

if u&#39;ve seen RK, it&#39;s alot like that in some respects, ie: the outlaw of swords, then gattling gun etc.....

althoug tom cruise was good in the movie, i really liked the character of katsumoto.....the way that guy talked, and just the way he was, i found it really kool.

JessiA
Wed, 02-04-2004, 07:23 AM
Think of Cruise&#39;s character as... a witness to it all. Kinda like Manta from Shaman King, but not quite.

We get the story from his character&#39;s point of view... but the story isn&#39;t about his character.

They only hinted at that fact, though, through a couple of the theatrical trailers (the ones you see in theaters)

Hakeem_21
Fri, 02-20-2004, 07:53 AM
I saw this couple week ago and i loved it. Its not about Tom Cruise character its about the last days of the Samurais. My fav actor in the movie was Ken Watanabe who played the samurai leader and i hopes he wins the oscar for best supporting actor that he is nominetad for. Tom Cruise was also good in this film and it was his best performance so far in a movie. In the final battle i allmost cried cause it was so sad. The Last Samurai is defenitly one my fav films of all time.