PDA

View Full Version : Abilities/Capabilities of Sharingan

villin
Mon, 01-05-2004, 02:02 AM
I think sharingan is limited to copying ninjutsus' that require seals, seeing through genjutsu and copying the form of taijutsu.

Ninjutsus' that require seald can definitly be copied where other ninjutsus that either don't require seals or are influenced by a bloodline cannot be copied. The rasengan doesn't require seals and is basically all about chakra manipulation and therefore can't be copied. Summoning does require a seal but it also requires a blood oath between the summoner and the summonee therefore summoning can't be copied.

Genjutsus are illusionary techniques that the sharingan can see through. Now the level of the genjutsu may have a bearing on the effectiveness of the sharingan or the level of the sharingan user may be a factor. As Itachi sais against Kurenai 'that level of genjutsu has no effect on me', this could mean that a more elaborate genjutsu could effect him or conversly that genjutsu would work against a less experienced sharingan user.

The movements of taijutsu can be copied but not the skill required to perform them. As we saw in the fight between Lee and Sasgay, even though Sasgay could read Lee's moves he didn't have the skill to either perform them or resist against them.

Or course these are just my opinions. Feel free to question my sanity. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wacko.gif

Insomniac
Mon, 01-05-2004, 02:03 AM
its Zabuza not zanza http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

i read somewhere that 2 dot was insight (seeing and copying) and 3rd eye was illusion (genjutsu)

as far as we know the sharigan cannot copy genjutsu unless they saw the seals being formed, taijutsu can be copied if they can keep up with the movements and its effective at ninjutsu

i think that the sharigan cannot copy seals that go beyond its speed, like Sasuke couldnt copy Orochimaru while hes executing a jutsu on pure speed alone

also i dont think Kinjutsu can be copied (things like Orochimarus dead summoning and stuff)
and summonings cant either

tuggumkee
Mon, 01-05-2004, 02:07 AM
meh he has big sword, juss like sano. so i think zanza. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

NarutoOtaku
Mon, 01-05-2004, 02:13 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tuggumkee @ Jan 5 2004, 12:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> We&#39;ve only seen the Sharingan copy jutsu&#39;s clearly a few times. When Kakashi fought zanza, sasuke vs lee, and sasuke in the forest of prelims. Ya there were some other times but those weren&#39;t in battle/clearly shown.

So my theory on Sharingan&#39;s abilities is a bloodline henge(sp?) that only needs eye contact(itachi pwning, kakashi vs zanza), and detailed eyesight and copying jutsus.

Can it see chakra flow?? i know it can copy seals(zanza) but it can&#39;t see the chakra points / chakra system, so do u think they can see how much chakra is used?

cuz kakashi when copying zanza he already knew the jutsu and sorta nudged him into doing that jutsu.

i&#39;m curious to this becuz ppl are speculatin on whether or not sasuke could copy rasengan/ other moves. i personally think the limits of sharingan is the henge, detailed sight and thats it. i dont think they can see chakra flow, so they can&#39;t copy things that take training ---&#62;rasengen...

but then sasuke could copy the chidori... o.O

chidori - just a bunch of chakra collected to make a blade... i&#39;m assuming it doesn&#39;t take alot of chakra control, just alot of chakra itself. No one else uses it cuz they run so fast that if someone dodged to the side, they couldn&#39;t see it(cept sharingan users and byakugan)

So sasuke could copy summoning seals(if he had scroll) but wouldn&#39;t kno how much chakra to put in ---&#62; tadpole frog with no feet&#33;&#33;

maybe 2 dot sharingan can only copy detailed movement, and 3 dots is seeing chakra? or 3 dots is using henge.

what u guys think?

1 dot - seeing well
2 dot - chakra?
3 dot- henge?

i think the energy consumed by sharingan is mainly from henge, not from juss using sharingan. (i.e. fighting lee had no after affects) </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
First of all, no. The Sharingan cannot see chakra flow like the Byakugan. Only the Byakugan can see the chakra flow, increase it, or stop it.

Well, even though Kakashi knew how to perform the technique does not mean that he can see the chakra flow. It is through perfect perception that he was able to copy the technique. Remember, the sight is the most vital part of the Sharingan.

I doubt that Sasuke could copy the Rasengan. He would need a great amount of concentration and chakra to perform such a technique.

&quot;chidori - just a bunch of chakra collected to make a blade... i&#39;m assuming it doesn&#39;t take alot of chakra control, just alot of chakra itself. No one else uses it cuz they run so fast that if someone dodged to the side, they couldn&#39;t see it(cept sharingan users and byakugan)&quot;

That is where you are wrong. Chakra control revolves around everything. If you could not properly control chakra then it could lead to a disaster.

&quot;So sasuke could copy summoning seals(if he had scroll) but wouldn&#39;t kno how much chakra to put in ---&#62; tadpole frog with no feet&#33;&#33;&quot;

Nope, although Sasuke could probably copy the seals performed, he would need the contract with the animal. So it is impossible for him to copy summoning seals.

&quot;maybe 2 dot sharingan can only copy detailed movement, and 3 dots is seeing chakra? or 3 dots is using henge.&quot;

That is also incorrect.
Having two dots in the Sharingan just means that his Sharingan isnt as developed as having the three dots.

tuggumkee
Mon, 01-05-2004, 02:30 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>That is where you are wrong. Chakra control revolves around everything. If you could not properly control chakra then it could lead to a disaster.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

i said
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>i&#39;m assuming it doesn&#39;t take alot of chakra control</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

of course i know some chakra control is needed, just alot less compared to ransengan.

and you can&#39;t clearly state that my or any one else&#39;s hypothesis about sharingan&#39;s dot / capability corrispondence goes. Since the anime/ manga have not shown anyone but a third dot user use any sort of henge, then you can&#39;t just say i&#39;m incorrect.

NarutoOtaku
Mon, 01-05-2004, 02:33 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tuggumkee &#064; Jan 5 2004, 01:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>That is where you are wrong. Chakra control revolves around everything. If you could not properly control chakra then it could lead to a disaster.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

i said
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>i&#39;m assuming it doesn&#39;t take alot of chakra control</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

of course i know some chakra control is needed, just alot less compared to ransengan.

and you can&#39;t clearly state that my or any one else&#39;s hypothesis about sharingan&#39;s dot / capability corrispondence goes. Since the anime/ manga have not shown anyone but a third dot user use any sort of henge, then you can&#39;t just say i&#39;m incorrect. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
What do you mean? If you dont have perfect chakra control then the technique you need to perform wont be to its full potential. How can you say that less chakra control is needed.

Oh and also... i misunderstood what you said. When i reread it... you were talking about the dots. I assumed that you meant the development of the Sharingan between the number of the dots.

tuggumkee
Mon, 01-05-2004, 02:42 AM
its all good i dunno what i mean =D prolly juss it is easier to copy / learn how to do than ransengan.

NarutoOtaku
Mon, 01-05-2004, 02:45 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tuggumkee @ Jan 5 2004, 01:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> its all good i dunno what i mean =D prolly juss it is easier to copy / learn how to do than ransengan. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Cool. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif We&#39;ll never know though.

jing
Mon, 01-05-2004, 04:13 AM
sasuke didnt copy the chidori... kakashi taught him the chidori..
naruto didn&#39;t know how much chakra to put in for the summoning no jutsu anyway.... he just had a ton of kyubi chakra and it basically summoned gamabunta.

tuggumkee
Mon, 01-05-2004, 01:29 PM
We&#39;ve only seen the Sharingan copy jutsu&#39;s clearly a few times. When Kakashi fought zanza, sasuke vs lee, and sasuke in the forest of prelims. Ya there were some other times but those weren&#39;t in battle/clearly shown.

So my theory on Sharingan&#39;s abilities is a bloodline henge(sp?) that only needs eye contact(itachi pwning, kakashi vs zanza), and detailed eyesight and copying jutsus.

Can it see chakra flow?? i know it can copy seals(zanza) but it can&#39;t see the chakra points / chakra system, so do u think they can see how much chakra is used?

cuz kakashi when copying zanza he already knew the jutsu and sorta nudged him into doing that jutsu.

i&#39;m curious to this becuz ppl are speculatin on whether or not sasuke could copy rasengan/ other moves. i personally think the limits of sharingan is the henge, detailed sight and thats it. i dont think they can see chakra flow, so they can&#39;t copy things that take training ---&#62;rasengen...

but then sasuke could copy the chidori... o.O

chidori - just a bunch of chakra collected to make a blade... i&#39;m assuming it doesn&#39;t take alot of chakra control, just alot of chakra itself. No one else uses it cuz they run so fast that if someone dodged to the side, they couldn&#39;t see it(cept sharingan users and byakugan)

So sasuke could copy summoning seals(if he had scroll) but wouldn&#39;t kno how much chakra to put in ---&#62; tadpole frog with no feet&#33;&#33;

maybe 2 dot sharingan can only copy detailed movement, and 3 dots is seeing chakra? or 3 dots is using henge.

what u guys think?

1 dot - seeing well
2 dot - chakra?
3 dot- henge?

i think the energy consumed by sharingan is mainly from henge, not from juss using sharingan. (i.e. fighting lee had no after affects)