PDA

View Full Version : General Help FAQ

Rock Lee
Sun, 01-04-2004, 10:19 AM
Okay so i noticed that there are tons of questions that people ask here in the forum that others have asked before them so i'm gonna beta test this idea of mine here and try and compile a huge list of questions i've seen asked over and over again. So look here before you go making general inquires on the forum please. Check back im gonna be updating the hell out of this post until i run out of questions to answer. PM me if you think i need to add something to the post.

******Bit Torrent******

Q. Why does bit torrent lag everything down? Is there a way to correct this.

A. Bit Torrent requires that you as part of the torrent to upload to the rest of the participating leechers. With the official BT client there is no way to control your upload limit. However if you feel adventerous you can use other client which allow you to limit your upload to certain levels. I suggest this http://bt.degreez.net/ ('http://bt.degreez.net/') . Shadow's Bit torrent Client lots of its like the standard client but several levels better.

Q. Certain torrents give me errors immediatly, why?

A. There could be tons of reasons this could occur, more often then not the fix for it is rather simple. Usually when you opena new torrent you open it straight from the web page and it will error out. If that happens download the torrent to your computer and open it from there that usually fixes it.

******Video******

Q. Why can't i play certain episodes of anime. What does this green film show up on all the videos i play?

A. More than likely what the problem is is that the sub group is encoding with a diffrent or updated version of a video codec than you. A codec is a set of instructions upon which a video player plays certain formats of video. For example Divx, Xvid, etc.... Usually if you goto the sub groups site they have a place to download the codec they are currently using. Here are some of the more popular codecs.

DIVX
www.divx.com

(more links here later)

If none of these work i would suggest you use VLC www.videolan.org. It plays just about anything. Its fast forward and rewind functions are lacking but hey whos to complain if it can play you can't otherwise.

******Naruto******

Q. WHY IS THERE NO NARUTO THIS WEEK.

A. THERE IS NO NARUTO THIS WEEK. The animators took a new years break and will return on jan 7th with 65. Its supposed to be an hour long release, look forward to it.

Q. Where can i download newer Naruto manga?

A. There are tons of dedicated fan sites out there that carry the naruto manga the one i use is www.narutofan.com (more links here later)

Q. Where can i download old Naruto manga?

A. The older Naruto Manga volumes are licensed through chapter 107 and you can use whatever p2p search engine you like to find them but you'll get no help here.

Q. Is there Naruto Merchandise?

A. Yes there is a preverbial truck load of Naruto stuff. There are two game cube games. Naruto Ninja Taisen 1 and 2. There is a ps2 game called Narutimett Hero. There are also two Naruto games on the GBA whos names i don't feel like spelling. As far as commercial stuff goes the skies the limit. There are Gloves, Jackets, Head protectors, Plushies, Pillows, Jounin Vests, Statuettes the list goes on for a long time. Check google for vendors or there a lot of stuff on eBay as well.

****** Gw's Forum******

Q. I'm having general problems with the forum... Why woln't you fix it?

A. More than likely the problem is not with the forums but instead with your machine. Please run basic maintenance on your machine delete temporary internet files, cookies and what not. Update windows. If your not using Internet Explorer it is recommended that you do so for the sake of trouble shooting. All the browsers i've used so far load and navigate the forums just fine. If that doesn't work then PM one of us Mods or the Admins and well help you out.

Q. What are these warnings you Mods/Admins talk about.

A. There like strikes against you. You can't see them and you have no idea how much crap your in. If your warning level reaches a certain level thats it your banned from the forum.

Q. How does one become a forum moderator

A. Well i had to cut down the tallest tree in the forest with a herring, then fetch two shrubberies, one slightly elevated above the other for a stair step affect. But asking to become a mod is the quickest way NOT to become one. The mods vote on who the best candidates for the job are.

******IRC******

Q. What is IRC?

A. IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat. Think of it like talking to your buddy on AIM but theres are lots of others around in diffrent channels hanging out and doing stuff.

Q. How do I use this IRC?

A. There are a number of IRC client the most popular to date is mIRC. Its a nice little program ment for navigating the large scary world that is IRC. Gotwoot has an IRC channel, heres the info:

SERVER: Irc.mircx.com PORT: 6667 CHANNEL: #Gotwoot

I'm not gonna go into detail on how to set it up all that information is in the mIRC help files.

(more to come)