PDA

View Full Version : shino vs shikamaru

Jiraiy4
Sun, 01-04-2004, 07:33 AM
just from curiosity...i think it'd be a good fight cuz they're both smart....unique..

jing
Sun, 01-04-2004, 07:37 AM
i think shino would, cuz shadow imitation is useless on shino. bugs would just come out of his ears, and eat shikamaru.

Jiraiy4
Sun, 01-04-2004, 07:41 AM
yea exactly. Let's just say Shikamaru gets Shino shadow binded (or w/e), its going to be useless, cuz Shino's bugs can move ne way and eat Shikamaru alive. I started this mainly because i couldn't believe Shino was in such a low rank in the rank thing.

itachi_
Sun, 01-04-2004, 07:42 AM
Shino will win, because shikamaru probably will give up as always "mendokze"

Power PMV
Sun, 01-04-2004, 07:43 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jing @ Jan 4 2004, 06:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> i think shino would, cuz shadow imitation is useless on shino. bugs would just come out of his ears, and eat shikamaru. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
same here, his shadow imitation wouldn&#39;t do much to Shino he can tell the bugs to eat Shikamaru even if he is captured by the shadow imitation. Maybe the new move his dad taught him would work (I&#39;m assuming it&#39;s is shadow neck binding no jutsu) but Shino can just cover himself with his bugs or something.

Nautek
Sun, 01-04-2004, 08:41 AM
Yeah I would put my money on Shino too but Shika is not to be underrated.

Raven
Mon, 01-05-2004, 02:39 AM
Considering the fact that Shikamaru is a genius and a brilliant tactician, I&#39;m sure he&#39;d figure out a way to beat Shino. We haven&#39;t seen much evidence of Shino being THAT smart.

Plus, we know that Shikamaru is capable of thinking 100 moves ahead in a battle. I think he&#39;d eventually win.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 01-05-2004, 03:32 AM
Shikamaru, he can use the bug&#39;s shadows to go up to Shino, and the bugs will also be frozen.

and besides, i refuse to allow shino to win anyone before we see at least one flashback from his past. he had already two battles and we don&#39;t know anything about him, which sucks.

samsonlonghair
Mon, 01-05-2004, 04:39 AM
I&#39;ve just got to say that Shikamaru would figure some way to defeat Shino. I&#39;m sure he knows more than one move. He wouldn&#39;t totally rely on Shadow Copy.

Tsukiyomi
Mon, 01-05-2004, 04:44 AM
I think if it is a serious fight Shikamaru would win because he has to protect people or he is depended on. If it was a match that could be avoided and was unecessary i would say Shino would win. Also i think Shikamaru brings the fullest potential of his Shadow Copy no matter the situation he seems to make it beneficial towards himself, Shino would put up a good fight ,but i don&#39;t think he would win.

Strigeln
Mon, 01-05-2004, 05:12 AM
I think Shikamaru would win... well not win but he would find a way to capture Shino... but hen he gives up as usually...

Elite Hentai
Mon, 01-05-2004, 06:29 AM
They both fight with their brains, but Shikamaru is smarter so he&#39;ll win.

Btw, he can freeze many opponents at a time.

Insomniac
Mon, 01-05-2004, 06:59 AM
Shikamaru would just not fight at all in the first place, if he tried maybe he&#39;d win but hes more of a team player then an individual

skyro
Mon, 01-05-2004, 07:17 AM
Being smart doesn&#39;t mean you&#39;ll always win. I mean, even Shika knew that without much chakra left after the Temari fight he was going to lose the next match (which happened to be Shino). He knows enough about himself to make that decision.

But I&#39;m guessing from the replies you weren&#39;t talking about in the tournament but in an all-out battle when both are at their best (since Shika didn&#39;t learn his &quot;new move&quot; until after the tournament). Also, to make any fair judgement you have to compare them in the same time frame (i.e. you can compare Shika with his &quot;new technique&quot; with Shino from his match with Kankurou - Shino might have learned a new technique since then as well).

But I would put my money on Shino. I think Shino isn&#39;t portrayed so much as smart as he is wise and experienced (and mysterious). Vs Kankurou he showed he had chakra control (hanging on a tree upside-down, which gives you a comparison to Naruto/Sasuke when they were training chakra control in the Zabuza arc), analytical abilities (he noticed Kank was weak in taijutsu), pre-emptive planning (used bug clone at start of fight), and strategic planning (placed bug on Kank&#39;s shoulder and use of diversions). So, in fighting prowess, Shino is not significantly inferior to Shika if at all. Shika&#39;s IQ makes him a better leader, whereas Shino&#39;s prowess and abilities make him a better fighter. Also Shino is probably one of the worst match-ups for Shika, which is someone who has a secondary form of attack outside that of their own body. Look how that 2-headed sound nin was able to foil Shika&#39;s plan so easily (when Shika had the 4 sound nins shadow binded).

And I was sort of disappointed at Shino&#39;s low character ranking in the latest poll, but what can you expect when we&#39;ve been given no real info on his past or any appearances in the manga as of late. I only hope his low ranking doesn&#39;t affect his chances of appearing more in the manga. I wish they&#39;d do a mini-arc with Kiba, Shino, and Hinata&#39;s team as I think it would be cool to see this team as a whole a bit more.

edit: oh yeah, and from comparing Shika&#39;s willingness to fight/kill compared to Shino&#39;s, it is apparent/implied that Shino would be more willing to take that plunge and kill someone (since Shino had no problems blowing Zaku&#39;s arms off).

Insomniac
Mon, 01-05-2004, 07:21 AM
its hard to take your opinion as unbiased when you have shino as your avatar

skyro
Mon, 01-05-2004, 07:23 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Insomniac @ Jan 5 2004, 07:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> its hard to take your opinion as unbiased when you have shino as your avatar </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Shino = my fav character.
Shika = my 2nd fav char.

Am I biased? Yes. But of course everybody is. Shika being my 2nd fav char though I would say my bias is less so than others.

Raven
Mon, 01-05-2004, 07:49 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Insomniac @ Jan 5 2004, 05:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Shikamaru would just not fight at all in the first place, if he tried maybe he&#39;d win but hes more of a team player then an individual </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
We&#39;re talking about a hypothetical situation though.

*Edit* Oh, like skyro said.

jing
Mon, 01-05-2004, 08:48 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ @ Jan 5 2004, 08:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Just i thought... how can shikamaru win if he&#39;s doing the shadow imitation, the opponent and shikamaru moves are same after he has succeded shadow imitation, so, if he throws a kurenai at the opponent he should also be damaged then? so both will end up wounded.. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
....have you watched the preliminary matches before? Shikamaru vs Kin, Kin hit her head, haven&#39;t you ever thought why shikamaru wasn&#39;t hurt? well obviously he released the jutsu, right b4 he gets hit............. logic..... not really, its more like the answer is in ur face if you just watch. by the way u spelt kunai, kurenai. kurenai is a person, kunai is a weapon.

Insomniac
Mon, 01-05-2004, 09:04 AM
i&#39;d have to vote for Shikamaru because hes been the underdog in every single fight hes been in and hes came through.

itachi_
Mon, 01-05-2004, 09:07 AM
Just i thought... how can shikamaru win if he&#39;s doing the shadow imitation, the opponent and shikamaru moves are same after he has succeded shadow imitation, so, if he throws a kurenai at the opponent he should also be damaged then? so both will end up wounded..

Raven
Mon, 01-05-2004, 11:13 AM
Watch episode 43 and find out.

Legato 2057
Mon, 01-05-2004, 11:30 AM
That has nothing to do with why he wasn&#39;t hurt. She was hurt because her head hit the wall, Shikamaru was no where near the wall, so he didn&#39;t get hurt.

hiten mitsurugi
Mon, 01-05-2004, 12:39 PM
Too many bugs for shino to control. Shadow jutsu would be useless (and that&#39;s all we&#39;ve seen fron shika, no other jutsus).

Legato 2057
Mon, 01-05-2004, 01:08 PM
I think Shino would win as he has combat cabilites (the bugs) which the shadow bind jutsu couldn&#39;t control.

I think it would be a very interesting fight seeing how both fighters seem not only intelligent, but also patient and able to stay calm and composed in a dangerous situtaion. They both seem to know the limits of their abilities, but it seems to me that Shino has slightly higher combat capabilies.

Uzumaki Naruto
Tue, 01-06-2004, 12:09 PM
i love shikamaru but im going to have to vote for shino bc he has those bugs even iif shikamaru was to bind him with his shadow it still leaves shino&#39;s bugs they can suck all his chakra and shikamaru will lose the fight unless shikamaru brings a can of bug spray hes kinda screwed

skyro
Thu, 01-08-2004, 06:27 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strider @ Jan 8 2004, 10:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Since when did bugs lose their shadows? Shikamaru can lock multiple targets within his bind. And, we assume Shino is very intelligent. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I think there is more than enough evidence to suggest Shino&#39;s intellect, both in his fight with Zaku and Kankurou. Evidence does seem to show Shika &gt; Shino in terms of intelligence but of course like I said in my previous post Shino &gt; Shika in other aspects.

Also I doubt Shino would just have all his bugs in one nice neat place for Shika to shadow bind them all, especially considering Shino knows what Shika&#39;s abilities are.

Queen_Tsunade
Thu, 01-08-2004, 07:56 AM
I voted for Shikamaru, but after reading the other posts, I changed my mind. What was I thinking?&#33;&#33;?&#33; Coming up with a way to beat all those bugs would be far too troublesome for lazy old Shika.

Parappa
Thu, 01-08-2004, 08:08 AM
Shino would win because he talks like Yoda. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

Strider
Thu, 01-08-2004, 10:30 AM
A lot of your replies and thoughts on this battle seriously made me laugh. Not to offend anyone, of course.

&quot;So .. Shino is bound by Shikamaru`s shadows. Shino could just tell his bugs to eat Shikamaru.&quot;

Since when did bugs lose their shadows? Shikamaru can lock multiple targets within his bind. And, we assume Shino is very intelligent. There has yet to be as much evidence in favor of Shino as there is for Shikamaru. My vote goes to the Chuunin (Shikamaru).

.. Even though Rock Lee would own them both. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Ninja vanish.

Raven
Thu, 01-08-2004, 10:43 AM
It&#39;s been said before that Shikamaru thinks 100 moves or so ahead during competition. Being the brilliant strategist that he is, I think he&#39;d figure out a way to win. I don&#39;t know how, but I think he definitely would.

Wren
Fri, 01-09-2004, 04:13 AM
sorry, but ill have to say shino. the reason is cuz ofa limit via shikamaru; his shadow bind ONLY works up to the area of his own shadow---he can work to try to extend it with others, but when u think of the amount of bungs that shino can use, there is no way that shikamaru can get them all (or even a decent amount of them). secondly, if anything shino is nearly if not just as smart as shikamaru--the ways that he fought both of his battles he thinks ahead just as shikamaru does and is excellent with tactics and has strong combat capability as seen. and in this case i would have to agree that shino would probably be the worst matchup for shikamaru as both would be calculating and thinkin up strategies on how to beat one another, and both seem to have a separate strategy in the end to get each other. but with seeing how both fight, the mentality of both ill have to say that it might be close cuz of shika--but ill have to say shino.

samsonlonghair
Fri, 01-09-2004, 01:26 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (skyro @ Jan 8 2004, 05:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Also I doubt Shino would just have all his bugs in one nice neat place for Shika to shadow bind them all, especially considering Shino knows what Shika&#39;s abilities are. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
You&#39;ve made a good point, but one can also argue that Shikamaru could well know what Shino&#39;s abilities are. Shikamaru is always asking his dad stuff; he&#39;s probably asked about the Aburame clan. That might just be speculation, but it makes sense that Shikamaru would ask such a thing with the likelyhood od fighting Shino in the Chuunin exams.

Stoopider
Sat, 01-10-2004, 02:44 AM
Shika would be smart enough to never go alone versus Shino. Shino can bug him out wherever shika&#39;s hiding.

Shino&#39;s quite smart. But not a brilliant genius in the brainz. He talks like a philosopher though. He probably reads alot.

skyro
Mon, 01-12-2004, 06:13 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CmDr_RavEn @ Jan 8 2004, 10:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> It&#39;s been said before that Shikamaru thinks 100 moves or so ahead during competition. Being the brilliant strategist that he is, I think he&#39;d figure out a way to win. I don&#39;t know how, but I think he definitely would. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
It was 200 moves (vs Temari), but it was useless in *reality* because he was at the limit of his powers. His brainpower may have no limit (or virtually so), but his fighting power is not.

HyuugaZaba
Mon, 01-12-2004, 06:46 AM
Shikamaru would do the job in my oppinion