PDA

View Full Version : Why dont you people read the manga?

Jiraiy4
Sun, 01-04-2004, 07:08 AM
I was just wondering why some of you don't read the manga. State your reasons.

Kagari
Sun, 01-04-2004, 07:15 AM
because i started watching the anime, and idon't want the sotry ruined now.

also, in canada, we're only on issue 2 of naruto manga (the zabuza fight is just starting in shonen jump).....so i'd need to go on the internet to get the manga, and that's too troublesome.

Jiraiy4
Sun, 01-04-2004, 07:20 AM
Well...from my experience it's not troublesome at all to read manga, actually its more troublesome with the anime. You can finish downloading a chapter (consisting approximately 19 full pages) in few seconds. Basically you can download a whole anime episode through the manga in less than 10 mintues. And there's so much more going on in the manga, because it's much more ahead. If you think dl'ing manga is troublesome you are da laziest person I've ever encountered lol.

Another question...how does it ruin the story? The story from the anime and manga are equivalent. It's the same.

SeifeR
Sun, 01-04-2004, 07:31 AM
i cant read it, unless you can get them in english

-ANBU-Sasuke-
Sun, 01-04-2004, 07:32 AM
Actualy heres the pros and cons

PRO
Anime Has more better watching value
The manga goes by faster and better, plus detailed better
Battle sceans in the anime is alot better then old picutre by picture.
The manga also was the original, u cant beat that.

Con
Animes take 8 days approx to code and translate
Black and white makes your eyes hurt for Manga.
Anime makes lazyness go away.

Well i don think that watching the anime is easier then reading the manga.
Downloading manga takes like 30min-1hr plus then u gotta watch for 30 minutes and read at the same time.

While the manga, u can get 5 episodes in that time or more, all u do is read.

ALso there is also translated Manga Scans if you want them msg me

Grey_wolf
Sun, 01-04-2004, 07:34 AM
I started to watch the anime .. when i was on EP 40 i heard about the Manga. I readed the first chapter but i was used to see it in motion with sounds and effects.. so it was really boring http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif so.. thats why i dont read the manga

And the naruto GC fighting games is much cooler when you have seen the moves in action. (but of course you can do both..)

itachi_
Sun, 01-04-2004, 07:35 AM
Eh? are there any non-transelated manga, i always download inane's manga.. that's good, ne?

Jiraiy4
Sun, 01-04-2004, 07:38 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>i cant read it, unless you can get them in english </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

lol where have you been? It&#39;s been out in English, all over the internet.

Ne ways...I think manga fight scenes CAN be better sometimes. Because you can use your imagination and create a really great fighting scene, but sometimes the anime doesnt live up to your expectations. And from what i know, people enjoy the original &quot;book&quot; rather than the inspired movie (ex: harry potter, lotr, etc.)

Lys
Sun, 01-04-2004, 07:43 AM
SeifeR, go to narutofan.com or some place like that—the manga&#39;s really not hard at all to find translated into English ^ˆ^

And AnbuSasuke, where are you getting this eight-days thing? From what I can tell, the Naruto fansubbers usually have the newest episodes out about two or three days after it airs in Japan.

nar'to
Sun, 01-04-2004, 07:43 AM
i have DL&#39;ed the entire manga to date (just in case the show gets licensed) and each week, i read the manga right up to each episode&#39;s end.

however, my preference is to watch the anime. i personally enjoy watching the action in motion rathering than reading the manga. the voices and music adds so much more to the experience of naruto. im shure the manga won&#39;t ruin the story, but the rest of the experiences and surprises would definitely be diminished.

i know many ppl out there would just jump ahead read the manga just to know what happens next. if u dont believe that naruto fans are impatient, simply look at some of the posts of fans that are suffering from this holiday wait just for the anime, its just one week. im certain others have their reasons, i bet some ppl prollly don&#39;t know there&#39;s a manga, but this is my preference.

itachi_
Sun, 01-04-2004, 07:45 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lys @ Jan 4 2004, 06:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> SeifeR, go to narutofan.com or some place like that—the manga&#39;s really not hard at all to find translated into English ^ˆ^

And AnbuSasuke, where are you getting this eight-days thing? From what I can tell, the Naruto fansubbers usually have the newest episodes out about two or three days after it airs in Japan. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
True, they air on wednesdays, and they are available on fansubs usually on fridays-saturdays, but sometimes thursdays..

boomorman
Sun, 01-04-2004, 07:50 AM
I was anime only up to the Naruto vs Kiba fight. The battles were going really slow so I downloaded the manga I read from the beginning to just past the Lee vs Gaara fight. Over the next few weeks that followed I found that having read the manga kinda ruined the anime. The anime being better drawn, in color, and having more frames to sync scene and emotion I found to be far superior, however already knowing the plot it lacked any mystery. I&#39;m glad that the anime has caught up to and surpassed what I read in the manga. I guess my reason is I just find it much more enjoyable to see it for the first time as anime. The only real plus to the manga is you could read it all and see what happens in the future, but then you’re stuck in the same boat of waiting a week to find out what happens next.

nar'to
Sun, 01-04-2004, 08:03 AM
question: of the scenes up to episode 64, do the manga readers have more memories of the colour anime or the b&amp;w manga

opinion: i think that how u encounter the naruto experience for the first time would make difference in how u rememeber and enjoy it. and i would rather have it in anime format with colour with voice acting (preferably japanese).

DB_Hunter
Sun, 01-04-2004, 08:48 AM
Anime has the music in it which sets the mood. The scenes are more detailed i.e. a kick isn&#39;t just a still, but a full blown whack. That&#39;s coming from someone who&#39;s seen the anime first. I&#39;ve read a manga and seen the anime (another one, in that order) and there it is a tie... because in the manga you can stop and think about the situation, whereas in the anime it just carries on regardless.

Insomniac
Sun, 01-04-2004, 09:56 AM
the manga is more detailed in terms of story and gets to the point more often.

for example
Temari vs Tenten was not an important battle so it took up ONE page in the manga

in the anime it took up a whole episode

Kite
Sun, 01-04-2004, 10:56 AM
Well, I do read tha manga, but through Shonen Jump in America. My rule of thumb is that if I saw the anime first, i won&#39;t read past the episode I watched in the anime. If I read the Manga first, i won&#39;t watch past the chapter I read of the anime. The only time I broke the rule was with Hunter x Hunter. I watched the anime first, but now I am up to date with the manga. The only reason I did this was because I thought They were no longer making the anime. That pretty much explains it.

P.S. I can&#39;t wait for the end of the Greed Island OVA.

Legendary Nin
Sun, 01-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Watched the anime first,then got tired of waiting for the prelims so I started reading the manga.I like the anime,but the manga is so well drawn,its like reading a book,your mind turns it into a movie,or for me anyways.Though you don&#39;t see it in motion,it;s still good.Though it seems the anime hasn&#39;t been living up to the manga lately,the manga readers would understand.Anime viewers get the short end of the stick,I enjoy the anime,but I rather not get jipped.

Dar'min
Sun, 01-04-2004, 11:33 AM
ive just started reading the manga now and ya its nice to read it, but i still look forward to the anime http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif

card-minion
Sun, 01-04-2004, 11:34 AM
ive been trying to read the manga, but every site that i&#39;ve found that has it is a crappy site. dose anyone know a couple of good sites that have the manga? ill be very grateful to you&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

*kibakun*
Sun, 01-04-2004, 11:44 AM
so anyways i watch the episodes but am also very interseted in the manga. who can direct me to a good site to download these.

Lys
Sun, 01-04-2004, 12:22 PM
NarutoFan ('http://www.narutofan.com/'), Naruto Chuushin ('http://www.narutochuushin.com/main.php') or this place ('http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~rmazores/naruto/') have manga for download.

Chuushin and this site ('http://groups.msn.com/NarutoManga') also have it available to view online, page by page, if downloading and unzipping files ain&#39;t your thing.

Are there any other/better sites for manga download that I missed?

Krbadass
Sun, 01-04-2004, 12:48 PM
Although it may be interesting to you, don&#39;t make a thread like this please, just pm people i guess.