PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who don't already know.

hiroshi
Sat, 01-03-2004, 06:30 AM
As you all know there are many IP addresses out there a person wouldn't want to end up downloading from. For those of you who don't already know, and i'm sure many of you do, you can locate a program which blocks those specific IP Addresses Here ('http://www.peerguardian.net/').

The name of the program is "PeerGuardian", and has a list of IP Addresses in which to stop certain P2P Applications from connecting to. This list can be updated on a regular occasion off an online database of IP Addresses from their website.

The reason i've decided to bring this up, is because some people don't appear to know, and i think it's important to know if you use a P2P application =P

Oh and in case you don't bother visiting the site because you already know, i shall make a brief summery of a couple of headlines there:

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>KazaaLite is now Legal in Holland. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>RIAA attempted to gain the names and addresses of ALL people who uses a P2P Network from their ISP, by looking at the ISP Black Box and using it as Evidence. This decision was recently rejected by the US Court of Appeals in the District of Columbia.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>IE Patch from Openwares.com sends information off to an unknown source if installed.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>The Defeat of the RIAA on attaining information on Customers only slowed their progress down. A new way has been opened for the RIAA to attain personal information of people using the P2P Networks, from their ISP&#39;s.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

If you want to understand these headlines better, then you should visit the site NOW O_o;

Raven
Sat, 01-03-2004, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the info buddy. Much appreciated.

Legendary Nin
Sat, 01-03-2004, 11:44 AM
It&#39;s a great program.I myself will get it later.

hiroshi
Sun, 01-04-2004, 04:50 AM
cool. no prob.
I myself don&#39;t use the program, but i&#39;m thinking about it lol =P

Power PMV
Sun, 01-04-2004, 05:32 AM
Thanks for the info buddy, it&#39;s good to know there are people who care for others. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

CreamOfNature
Mon, 01-05-2004, 03:01 AM
Spank you very much hiroshi.