PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers ahoy

Nine Tailed Demon
Fri, 01-02-2004, 02:31 AM
Well lets see what happens with the manga now in chapter 200...

Naruto_-_Kun
Fri, 01-02-2004, 05:52 AM
Hey im thinking can people gain the title of chuunin outside of the chuunin examination, like through acts of heroism and saving the lives of others by putting there own on the line, coz if it were possible couldnt all the people who originated in the search for sasuke then become chuunin thru the acts of heroism that they accomplish http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

XwingRob
Fri, 01-02-2004, 05:54 AM
That's what I think is going to happen.
Or....there will be a huge time jump to when Naruto is in his late teens as a Jounin.
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Naruto_-_Kun
Fri, 01-02-2004, 05:56 AM
yea, if the composer does hav a time jump i wonder how far they'll go :S and wat would hav happened since we last see the characters...i dunno if a time jump is worth it.

oh ok thought bout a couple more things a time jump cant happen till after lee's treatment and also after imo tsunade heal's chouji neji and whoever else may nearly die in this arc.

Naruto_-_Kun
Fri, 01-02-2004, 06:00 AM
ahh that would be awsome also http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif, everything is going so mad in the manga right now i think. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif

Insomniac
Fri, 01-02-2004, 06:01 AM
there isnt really a huge importance in being chuunin so far

Naruto will still be Naruto no matter what rank he is, i dont see why he has to suddenly become chuunin - he'll earn it next chuunin exam

Sexy no Jutsu > All Justsu
Fri, 01-02-2004, 07:33 AM
Youronly saying that becauseyour a chunnin

Spressa
Fri, 01-02-2004, 10:18 AM
i'm telling ya, timejump at chapter 300.....

RockLeeisHOT
Fri, 01-02-2004, 10:49 AM
I think they will need to earn it in the next chuunin exam... unless Tsunade decides he's worthy of the title. But if you remember it's not just the people from konoha who decide that title... In the 3rd exam there's judges from many villages (if I remember correctly) and they must get votes from those guys as well. But as someone already said... I sense a time jump http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Chi Chi
Fri, 01-02-2004, 01:46 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RockLeeisHOT &#064; Jan 2 2004, 09:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>But if you remember it&#39;s not just the people from konoha who decide that title... In the 3rd exam there&#39;s judges from many villages (if I remember correctly) and they must get votes from those guys as well. But as someone already said... I sense a time jump http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I think they&#39;re only there for their fun, only the Kages and the Jounin/Chuunin seem to decide it. Otherwise people like Naruto and Sasuke would have become Chuunin.

Hotsuma
Fri, 01-02-2004, 01:51 PM
They&#39;ll probably become Chuunin after this mission. There are exceptions. You don&#39;t have to do everything by the books. Furthermore, Tsunade plays mad favorites with Naruto - think she won&#39;t promote him?

NaokiSama_5
Sat, 01-03-2004, 08:02 AM
Yup, definitely either promote them through their deeds or jump forward. Should be one or another.

Insomniac
Sat, 01-03-2004, 08:08 AM
i doubt they&#39;ll get promoted if they fail

by fail i mean, not bring back Sasuke - which you cant say that they will

and by the way there are still genins who are like 20 or higher in age

Kabuto didnt go over genin ranking and there were old genins in the chuunin exam

Raven
Sat, 01-03-2004, 09:51 AM
In order to be promoted, don&#39;t you have to display leadership qualities, etc.?

Considering they already have Shikamaru as their leader, what opportunity would any of them have to display chuunin qualities for promotion on this current mission? I really doubt any of them will be promoted.

Naruto_-_Kun
Sat, 01-03-2004, 10:49 AM
yea i reckon that all of em will get promoted not jus naruto they did show courage and qualities which make them seem like there leaders, choosing to stay behind and fight an enemy alone so that the mission can be completed, being a leader doesnt mean ur at the front like shikamaru leadership comes in all sorts of forms making the right decision and showing courage thru adversity and even doing the right thing as neji and choji have done can be seen by me as signs of leadership

http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Insomniac
Sat, 01-03-2004, 10:51 AM
theres no reason for them to be promoted

they were following Shikamarus orders.
if anyone HE will get promoted lol (shikamaru as jounin? not likely)
you dont earn chuunin rank by beating tough opponents

also, how the hell are they going to know that they displayed leadership qualities back in the village? as far as Tsunade will look at it is if they come back without Sasuke they failed the mission.

think about it for a second, they come back severly wounded and without Sasuke, how the hell is that chuunin worthy

snowball
Sat, 01-03-2004, 11:26 AM
why do they need the rank anyway does it somehow make them stronger... and who says you cant skip chunin and go stright to jounin which dont seem to need the leadership skills so much

Death BOO Z
Sat, 01-03-2004, 01:31 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CmDr_RavEn @ Jan 3 2004, 08:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> In order to be promoted, don&#39;t you have to display leadership qualities, etc.?

Considering they already have Shikamaru as their leader, what opportunity would any of them have to display chuunin qualities for promotion on this current mission? I really doubt any of them will be promoted. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
yeah, that leads me to believe that Kiminamaro will get to them and take Sasuke while Naruto and co. fight against the two sounds, and after they somehow win, Naruto will have to choose betweem going after Kiminamaro and saving sasuke, or to go back to the village to take care of the near dead team, and by choosing to retreat (and going back on his word) he&#39;ll show he deserves the rank of genin.

we have seen it stated before, that coming back with all team memberes alive is usually more important than completing the mission...

Strigeln
Sat, 01-03-2004, 01:46 PM
I think at least Chouji and Neji, probebly the others also deservse to be promoted. I mean they will defeat the four Sound nins and those guys are at a high chuunin level.

Weiirdo
Sun, 01-04-2004, 03:36 AM
But we have to remember that Naruto has never really gone against his word, that is his nin http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif But you never know I guess..

snowball
Sun, 01-04-2004, 05:11 AM
as much as i dont want a time jump we really need it to make shure the show ends before i die

Power PMV
Sun, 01-04-2004, 07:19 AM
true, it can&#39;t be eternal. But I don&#39;t want Naruto to die in the end like Kenshin *cries*

My theory regarding the chuunin thingie is that Shikamaru will get badly injured soon (like Chouji and Neji) , and whoever leads the team afterwards (who I assume will be Naruto) will become a chuunin if he proves that he has leadership skills.

itachi_
Sun, 01-04-2004, 07:29 AM
They don&#39;t have to be disappointed... a chuunin is only a leader who is good at leadership, in a matter of fact i think that many genins are stronger then many chuunins, like Neji, gaara, kyubi naruto... So chuunin ain&#39;t something good, just a rank that says that you have good leadership and most likely are a leader of a genin group..

jing
Sun, 01-04-2004, 07:34 AM
Yes, but to Naruto, rank means everything to him, he wants to become Hokage.

Power PMV
Sun, 01-04-2004, 07:40 AM
well, we don&#39;t really know how powerful konoha chuunins are. Iruka looks pretty weak and the guy in the first episode (forgot his name) was pretty weak. The sound chuunins (I think the sound 4 are chuunins, correct me if I&#39;m wrong) are fairly strong but not as much as I would assume a chuunin to be since they need their seals to do decent stuff.

Also, are the genins&#39; parents (Shikamaru&#39;s dad, Chouji&#39;s dad,...) chuunins or jounins? If they are chuunins then they are hella strong. So we can&#39;t really tell how powerful chuunins are in average. I&#39;d think that at least Hinata&#39;s dad is a jounin (and a very powerful one) since Kurenai was very respectful to him, and Hyuga is one of the strongest (or the strongest) clan in Konoha, but I&#39;m not sure about the others, I think Shikamaru&#39;s dad is a chuunin but I may be wrong.

itachi_
Sun, 01-04-2004, 07:40 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jing @ Jan 4 2004, 06:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Yes, but to Naruto, rank means everything to him, he wants to become Hokage. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
If i got to be honest i can&#39;t imagine naruto as a leader, switch shikamaru with naruto, no good combination http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif .. He may be good when he has kyubi&#39;s chakra but a leader, that will take some time... Shikamaru is a perfect leader, you remember when they were trapped inside that wall of stones and shikamaru came up with a strategy that&#39;s true leadership, i don&#39;t think naruto would have come up with such idea, also neji would be an exellent leader, he should be promoted to a chuunin, in my opinion...

Insomniac
Sun, 01-04-2004, 09:40 AM
the genins parents are all jounins, who seem stronger then Kakashi and Gai
well cept for Hinata&#39;s father who doesnt seem to carry a nin rank

Harageki
Sun, 01-04-2004, 10:03 AM
A time jump would suck :/ the only time that would be cool is just as the manga is nearing its conclusion.

Raven
Sun, 01-04-2004, 10:05 AM
They&#39;ll have to do a time jump sooner or later, I&#39;m predicting sooner. They&#39;re not gonna do another chuunin exam, and the genin have to progress through the ranks somehow.

Nautek
Sun, 01-04-2004, 11:04 AM
If it&#39;s going to be another chuunin exam shouldn&#39;t it be new characters too there then ? I don&#39;t think that will be the case. I think they somehow will get promoted on a mission or something like that.

OshadowO
Sun, 01-04-2004, 01:09 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (snowball @ Jan 3 2004, 07:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> why do they need the rank anyway does it somehow make them stronger... and who says you cant skip chunin and go stright to jounin which dont seem to need the leadership skills so much </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
well since jounin comes after chunin its safe to assume you do need leadership qualities to be a jounin. besides all the genin team mentors are jounin, that is a huge responsibilty.

Personally I doubt anything gets resolved in 200 and we&#39;ll just see kimmi-whatshis face get there by the end of 200 and they fail and go back. no mention of promos or whatnot they just time jump a few years later and everyone&#39;s automatically a chunin:/
Except sakura who probably goes into deep depression at the loss of her sasuke-kun, hates naruto for failing to keep his promise, and becomes a missing-nin bag lady pushing a shopping cart all around the five countries in search for saskuke. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

Insomniac
Sun, 01-04-2004, 01:43 PM
maybe the loss of Sasuke will force Sakura into training?
i know alot of people have been wondering when she&#39;d start to train and stuff

wonder whos going to be in Narutos group when Sasukes gone too

Raven
Mon, 01-05-2004, 02:37 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nautek @ Jan 4 2004, 10:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> If it&#39;s going to be another chuunin exam shouldn&#39;t it be new characters too there then ? I don&#39;t think that will be the case. I think they somehow will get promoted on a mission or something like that. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
If they were to get promoted to Chuunin on a mission, it would defeat the entire purpose of having an exam. Why would you bother with the exam (which is extremely life threatening) if you could just go on a mission and do well?

OshadowO
Mon, 01-05-2004, 03:09 AM
there is no way they put the readers/viewers through a second exam. However you gotta wonder if they give people who&#39;ve taken the exam once a bye on the first portion where they test cheating?
anyway as for naruto going back on his word...well the manga is called naruto so you have to figure he&#39;ll be hokage. Which means at some point he&#39;ll need to grow up and realise you can&#39;t always win. IMO this is a good situation for that to happen. I think they&#39;ll pull out (Naruto saves everyones ass since he&#39;s the only one standing) and he promises sakura that someday he will make good on his original promise. So he didn&#39;t go back on his word but just kinda needs more time.
anyway that&#39;s my 0.02.

Insomniac
Mon, 01-05-2004, 10:30 AM
they wont show us another exam, they only showed us this exam because many things happened

1. Orochimaru and Sasuke - which is a major story line now
2. Gaara being a major part of sands invasion plans
3. the war against kohona

if there is another chuunin exam i doubt it will be as detailed

itachi_
Mon, 01-05-2004, 10:34 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Insomniac @ Jan 5 2004, 09:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> they wont show us another exam, they only showed us this exam because many things happened

1. Orochimaru and Sasuke - which is a major story line now
2. Gaara being a major part of sands invasion plans
3. the war against kohona

if there is another chuunin exam i doubt it will be as detailed </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Indeed.

Insomniac
Tue, 01-06-2004, 02:00 AM
sands crippled, they cant do anything now since they&#39;re missing a kage and have lost so badly in the war

Orochimaru could probably go in and take it over by force

Naruto_-_Kun
Tue, 01-06-2004, 05:11 AM
i would really like to see alot more of the sand, i really like the stage which the anime is in right now, one of the best arcs in the story imo. i would like to see kishimoto go back to the sand, the development of the three genin of the sand who particapted in the chuunin exam seems thrilling to me and also to see how gaara has developed and being an old dbz fan it kind of seems that if the story were to move in that way gaara and naruto could possible become like vegeta and goku, maybe both become kages eventually http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Insomniac
Tue, 01-06-2004, 06:11 AM
the thing is with Gaara is that he CANNOT control his sand all the time, no matter what kind of a person he is the sand will still kill innocent people whenever they get close to him

OshadowO
Tue, 01-06-2004, 01:41 PM
do you guys think that the sand is still going to try and reinvade?
with their kaga (kazekage?) murdered by sound i doubt they will reform an alliance? Plus I thought they surrendered and it seemed that the whole angle was being pushed in the BG. I can&#39;t really see that coming into play anymore.