PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

joker-kun
Wed, 12-31-2003, 12:28 PM
Well I have noticed lately Naruto hasnt been the same for me, the cause of this is cause in my opinion they are dragging this out way too long, hurry have the fights, become chunnins,The become the old naruto of going and doing missions, I really hope sand starts their assualt soon, mind you i loved the Naruto neji fight, and though it was action, but I just want some more real action, instead of: You Pass, You Pass, over and over again, tell me do you not want there to be that different kind of action, of life and death, or the same it is now and drag this exam on?

PS: sorry I put this in GA http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/unsure.gif

Everon
Thu, 01-01-2004, 02:29 AM
Yeah after those first couple of episodes, everything seemed a little too lighthearted (except when they were in the forest), but I think this has been a good way of presenting the majority of characters, and fighting styles into the Naruto universe.

Otherwise we might only get to see a couple fireball moves by Sasuke, and the repetitive KAGE BUNSHIN!!! by Naruto. That would get pretty stale.

Edit: I suppose you could introduce other characters and fighting styles with life and death situations, but that might take even longer, since there is a lot of people.

joker-kun
Thu, 01-01-2004, 02:36 AM
I beleive this is an important part in the naruto storyline, im just saying its getting to long and its losing its regular naruto status of awesome greatness

Nine Tailed Demon
Thu, 01-01-2004, 02:58 AM
Hehehehe, you don't know nothing kid. Wait till the next episodes, can't wait? Read the manga....

Krbadass
Thu, 01-01-2004, 04:13 AM
As i told animemaster, do not promote the manga please, people don't read it for a reason.

Ontopic... I don't think it needs to change, its good to prolong this as long as they don't over do it

joker-kun
Thu, 01-01-2004, 04:14 AM
ummm thats the whole point of my statement, is that i want the next part to come http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

A77ALiSTiC
Thu, 01-01-2004, 07:48 AM
well, i believe that the next episode will be filled with action, because we are talkin about sasuke vs. gaara here... even tho to some ppl, this might be just like the rest of the fights.. but i think itll be really cool
btw, the fights of the third exams were amazing! the naruto-neji fight, i believe there was a lot of debate on whose gonna win, the shika-temari fight, no one must have expected that shika would win.. i know i didnt (but i did think that he will hold on for a while, then quit)... and now, the sasuka-gaara fight.. lots of action! and im anxious for the sand village assault too, cause that will mean that we will get to see great jounins fighting! maybe even the hokage!

Jiraya
Thu, 01-01-2004, 08:17 AM
those who are waiting for new moves will soon be happy http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif

Shikai
Thu, 01-01-2004, 10:57 AM
Well as long as they don't train 30 eps. for an enemy and then take another 20 eps to defeat him like DBZ i'm happy... I'm a little itchy vs Saga's... But naruto really caught me

joker-kun
Thu, 01-01-2004, 12:15 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jiraya @ Jan 1 2004, 07:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> those who are waiting for new moves will soon be happy http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Really, cause guess what, they&#39;ll see that on their own...

RoMuLuu
Thu, 01-01-2004, 01:28 PM
I like the way Naruto is now. Don&#39;t know why, so don&#39;t ask.

hiroshi
Tue, 01-06-2004, 03:56 AM
Quote A77ALiSTiC Posted on Jan 1 2004, 11:48 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>shika-temari fight, no one must have expected that shika would win.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Actually, if you remember. Shikamari didn&#39;t win. He quit. After all, what the hell was he suppose to do after catching her with the shadow eh? They ended up dead in the centre of the area when they came together, so he couldn&#39;t use the wall to knock her out. Anything he threw would be thrown at him too and if he dodged so would she. He can&#39;t knock her out or force her to give up, so he was pretty much screwed by the end of it.

And thus he quit and gave up. He lost because his technique dosn&#39;t leave much room for an offence, it&#39;s more like a defence.

itachi_
Tue, 01-06-2004, 04:07 AM
Have anyone realised that this is one of the most &quot;dragged out&quot; anime in a couple of years... the anime have just been about this fucking chuunin exam ever since episode 22 or 23... and before that that dragged out fight between kakashi vs zabuza, sasuke, naruto vs haku... Compare to for example kenshin... that&#39;s perfect, not dragged out and not so slow and a nice speed...

Yaba
Tue, 01-06-2004, 04:10 AM
what http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

you&#39;re talking about a little part of naruto, we&#39;ve only seen a little part of naruto, I think you can only say stuff like that after 150 eps or so... this is important, a strong story, knowing all the baggrounds of every character is important, otherwise... it wouldn&#39;t really stand out as an anime/manga, I admitt... the action is a little slow lately, but hey... the next few eps are gonna be great, just wait.

itachi_
Tue, 01-06-2004, 04:15 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Yaba @ Jan 6 2004, 03:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> what http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

you&#39;re talking about a little part of naruto, we&#39;ve only seen a little part of naruto, I think you can only say stuff like that after 150 eps or so... this is important, a strong story, knowing all the baggrounds of every character is important, otherwise... it wouldn&#39;t really stand out as an anime/manga, I admitt... the action is a little slow lately, but hey... the next few eps are gonna be great, just wait. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yaba, i think you&#39;re wrong. If you have read the manga you&#39;ll know that there are alot more important thing to come.. this chuunin exam is not important to the story, just som familiarsation with the characters..

Yaba
Tue, 01-06-2004, 04:28 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ @ Jan 6 2004, 03:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Yaba &#064; Jan 6 2004, 03:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> what http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

you&#39;re talking about a little part of naruto, we&#39;ve only seen a little part of naruto, I think you can only say stuff like that after 150 eps or so... this is important, a strong story, knowing all the baggrounds of every character is important, otherwise... it wouldn&#39;t really stand out as an anime/manga, I admitt... the action is a little slow lately, but hey... the next few eps are gonna be great, just wait. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yaba, i think you&#39;re wrong. If you have read the manga you&#39;ll know that there are alot more important thing to come.. this chuunin exam is not important to the story, just som familiarsation with the characters.. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
well maybe... I don&#39;t read the manga, but I said that it&#39;s important to know the characters http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/huh.gif

because it wouldn&#39;t be different from pokemon or whatever, naruto drives on emotions a lot, I mean... a big part of the show is the history of naruto, no parents, the demon inside of him... and you see that in the anime, gaara thinking about naruto, naruto freaking out and letting al his emotions go when sasasuke died.

when something like that happens it&#39;s emotionel , the exams strengthen the emotions and realism because we know a lot about the characters, half of them have a sad history and I&#39;m not someone who&#39;s gonna cry about it, but I got cry sooner when naruto dies or something like that then when pikachu drops dead...

that&#39;s all I&#39;m saying, I know that there are more important things but hey... I dunno about that.

r3n
Tue, 01-06-2004, 05:41 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Yaba @ Jan 6 2004, 03:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> because it wouldn&#39;t be different from pokemon or whatever, naruto drives on emotions a lot, I mean... a big part of the show is the history of naruto, no parents, the demon inside of him... and you see that in the anime, gaara thinking about naruto, naruto freaking out and letting al his emotions go when sasasuke died. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
er.... spoiler??? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif

hiroshi
Tue, 01-06-2004, 06:13 AM
That isn&#39;t a spoiler. All that has already happened, and he&#39;s stating how the chunnin exams are merely to bring us closer to the characters to make everything more emotional if one of them does actually die or if something bad happens to one of them etc.

Susuke died temporarily against Haku if you remember, but it was just a technique to make it look like he died. That was the scene he meant when he said Sasuke died. He dosn&#39;t read the manga so he doesn&#39;t know anything past the current anime episode out at the moment.

rEkKaShInObI
Tue, 01-06-2004, 06:17 AM
it has been getting a lil boring with all the talking and flashbacks, their killing time... reminds me of dragon ball z. 20 minutes of talk and flash back, 2 minutes of charging up.... next episode: more charging up and more talking. next episode over and over till the 20th. kinda sad done u guys think?

SaSuKeRuLeS
Tue, 01-06-2004, 06:19 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nine Tailed Demon @ Jan 1 2004, 02:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hehehehe, you don&#39;t know nothing kid. Wait till the next episodes, can&#39;t wait? Read the manga.... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
What the hell? That doesn&#39;t make me want to read the manga that makes me want to stop watching Naruto all togehther. There is no point arguing with you manga readers because you &quot;THINK&quot; you know everything about the Naruto series. Well you don&#39;t so shut up&#33;

Baka-chan
Tue, 01-06-2004, 06:43 AM
yea, i haven&#39;t been as excited to watch the next episodes. it&#39;s kinda become slow, but thats ok. the slowness just means a crap load of action is on its way, thats how it always is with naruto http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

The_Fourth
Tue, 01-06-2004, 07:01 AM
Well on that discussion about shikamarus fight with anko, I think Shikamaru says that he thought 200 ways of winning the fight. Anyways I think there is going to be a shitload of action coming with this Sasuke-Gaara fight.

hiroshi
Tue, 01-06-2004, 07:07 AM
If you&#39;re no longer interested in Naruto why are you posting in the Naruto thread?

Yeah sure, ok it is actually pretty slow at times. I agree with you there, but Naruto is still good right? If you disagree, then stop posting in the Naruto topic. I also agree that this is just background information. It&#39;s obvious they&#39;re trying to bring you a lot closer to the characters, and i have a feeling that the whole series is going to become very serious and possibly pretty dark later on.

All this character introduction is like the light stuff before the heavy storm. Besides, an anime wouldn&#39;t be the same without some emotional intention in it. If they never bothered to introduce the characters porperly and just had one fight after another, when something bad does happen it wouldn&#39;t have the same emotional impact.

Be patient. Later on in the series, i bet they will be making episodes which bring you to the edge of your seat waiting for the next episode, and having depressingly dark and sad stuff happening from here to there.

kimunist
Wed, 01-07-2004, 09:19 AM
not to mention, the flashbacks and all that side talk is the &quot;art&quot; of how they make animations...

if they animations were just all action and no substance...you might as well play a computer game, cause i doubt there is gonna be ONE show that doesnt have that kind of material (background, talking, etc.) in it.

besides...they do it in a way that makes the episodes nice to watch, even if you dont see anyone die or get beaten up =).

ZakuHan
Wed, 01-07-2004, 10:52 AM
The way I see it, they&#39;re trying to do Naruto differently than some animes. I don&#39;t think I&#39;ve watched an anime where they&#39;ve had such in-depth character background coverage for every character like they&#39;re trying to do here. Well, every character that gets involved with something. Not to mention, most animes don&#39;t have as large a cast as Naruto does.

Someone mentioned the way they did Kenshin.. Great anime, 95 eps + ova&#39;s, and 3/4 of it action. But ya know what? The only character they did any extensive history on was Kenshin himself. Sanosuke had a good bit, but not as much. Smaller cast and not much background on most of those characters. So they wouldn&#39;t need to &quot;Draw out&quot; the anime as much as they do with Naruto, to cover the stories of other characters.

~Chris