PDA

View Full Version : Torrent Error:404 when dwnlding?!?!?!

Teishu
Wed, 12-31-2003, 12:53 PM
When I try to use the bit-torrent dwnld guide on a torrent it wont let me. The message "problem connnecting to tracker-HTTP Error: 404 Not Found" comes up. Why is this happening? How do i fix it?

Rock Lee
Wed, 12-31-2003, 01:06 PM
I've had this before as well, what fixed it for me is to downloading the torrent itself(as opposed to to just opening it from the website) to your desktop (or wherever) and open it manually. Not sure why it does that but it fixes it for me every time.

Teishu
Wed, 12-31-2003, 01:52 PM
what do you mean open it manually?

::edit::

i opened it manually and the message no longer comes up but, it just stays at 0% connecting to peers. I t has been like that for about ten minutes?

:::edit again:::

it started to dwnld. but it says it will take 2200 hours! I have cable modem and all of my other dwnlds go at about 150 kb/s, while this dwnld is going at 0.006 kb/s.

hiroshi
Sun, 01-04-2004, 08:29 AM
That could mean a number of things. Either:

1) There just arn't many ppl downloading that specific torrent, or that many ppl who have seeded that specific torrent because it's been around for a while now. In which case, you just need to wait and hope more ppl will start downloading or seeding it soon.

2) You arn't uploading any torrents at a very fast rate. The Torrent Network uses an Anti-Leeching system, where the faster you upload torrent files, the faster you can download the torrents. In which case you could either, stop connecting to other p2p networks to help increase your upload speed on the torrent network, or make sure you upload more files by seeding older torrent files you completed before and making sure everyone can get past your firewall for the downloads.

3) Your firewall is blocking some valid IP addresses of people who wish to download off you, or it's blocking IP Addresses of people you want to download from.

4) The Tracker for that specific torrent is too overloaded with people. In which case, many of the people you download from will give out incredibly slow speeds, and some you won't be able to connect to at all because they already have the maximum amount of ppl downloading off them as possible.

<u>Joking point</u>
5) The unlikely one, but one i could swear counts for me. Perhaps your ISP is screwing you and cheating you of your hard earned cash. In which case, ring them up and sue them for not giving you premium rate speeds on the connection that they promised you http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif