PDA

View Full Version : warning levels!

Black Knight
Wed, 12-31-2003, 02:22 AM
how many of you care about warning levels?

Legendary Nin
Wed, 12-31-2003, 02:30 AM
I've never had one,but I rather be warned then banned from everything Gotwoot.I would take them seriously,if not,kiss your hq Naruto bye bye lol.

Jman
Wed, 12-31-2003, 02:45 AM
the warnings are ok when they apply to certain situations and should be given with a certain level of professionalism & maturity. i've never met anyone who likes a person who steps out of line when they abuse their power. It's not very mature when someone's post is edited by a mod to say "I'm an idiot" or "blah blah blah blah"

Carrot^
Wed, 12-31-2003, 02:49 AM
I have been a admin/mod at various large forum a little while back (when I had more free time) and I'm not terribly familiar with 'warning levels'. Sending PM with stern warnings about problems or rules being broken always worked fairly well, when it didnt a good ban usually solved things.
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

In what instances would you be issued a 'warning', and is this a visible warning level meter we can see? Can we see other people's warnings? How would you lower your warning level? Just curious as to how it works, I know many people in charge of various public forums and I hadn't seen this mod in use yet.

SirCharlesIII
Wed, 12-31-2003, 03:25 AM
they're really abstract, and as i've never been warned i only know about them through littlecooldude. you could consider making them visable to all forum members..

Elite Hentai
Wed, 12-31-2003, 03:33 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (animemaster @ Dec 31 2003, 07:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> the warnings are ok when they apply to certain situations and should be given with a certain level of professionalism &amp; maturity. i&#39;ve never met anyone who likes a person who steps out of line when they abuse their power. It&#39;s not very mature when someone&#39;s post is edited by a mod to say &quot;I&#39;m an idiot&quot; or &quot;blah blah blah blah&quot; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
but i would be funny though http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Shikai
Wed, 12-31-2003, 05:44 AM
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif I hate to get banned.. I always got banned on my favorite cs server.. cuz some co-admin got owned by me or sumthing.. well anyways.. Pay close attention to warning levels

migawari
Wed, 12-31-2003, 07:17 AM
I try to be as nice as I can be... Sometimes... JUST sometimes its hard to http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif. But I don&#39;t pick fights&#33;

itachi_
Wed, 12-31-2003, 07:17 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Black Knight @ Dec 31 2003, 01:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> how many of you care about warning levels? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
WoW, Black Knight finally joined the forum... and started a topic...
I think i had a warning when i had to big size on my signature, i removed it later on..

DB_Hunter
Wed, 12-31-2003, 10:01 AM
Has some specific incident prompted this topic or is this just something general?

JessiA
Wed, 12-31-2003, 10:29 AM
Hrm... I think it&#39;s something you&#39;ll have to wait and see for.

As for Itachi, I didn&#39;t add to your warn level, I just sent you a message so that you wouldn&#39;t have your siggy removed for being too tall.

And I forget, but do you guys (non-admins/mods) see your warning levels?

KakashiSensei
Thu, 01-01-2004, 12:53 PM
Yeah i have been warned a few times and 2 mods in particular are not very nice about it.

Uzumaki Kakashi
Thu, 01-01-2004, 01:04 PM
i never really was warned , like the mods here are pretty cool and PM u with the correction (like if sigs r too big or u accidently spoiled) everyone (at least that reads the manga) maybe sometimes spoils accidently which u dont think is a real spoiler but some people complain.

warnings are ok but i dont see a need for it on this forum. i lik this one because it is nice in that almost everyone gets along and there is alot of respectable people who dont bitch and bickwer babout nothing.

ok

Immortal Boner
Thu, 01-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Considering the fact that we don&#39;t even see our warning levels nor know of it&#39;s existance until now, I don&#39;t see why many people would care about.

But now that we do after this thread was put up...heh.