PDA

View Full Version : Ichi the Killer

ad4mz41
Tue, 12-30-2003, 08:08 AM
This movie has got to be one of the sickest and bloodiest movies I have ever seen. Anyone else seen this movie? I just watched it and the ending is kind of weird. If you really know what happens and understand it fully can you PM me about it because I was just like http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif.

Legendary Nin
Tue, 12-30-2003, 08:11 AM
All I know is that it is twisted.

Elite Hentai
Wed, 12-31-2003, 03:31 AM
I didn't understand it either... but the torture made up for it. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Immortal Boner
Wed, 12-31-2003, 04:38 AM
Heard it was the sickest of the sick. I'm going to hunt down a place where I can download it.

But really now, nothing's more extreme than what you can see in real life. I've mentioned this awhile ago but go to some of those sites with pictures and videos of real people dying and I swear you will be shocked shitless. Decapitations with blood gushing everywhere, mutilations, people lit on fire while screaming in agony...ugh it's so much more sick and disguisting in real life. Nothing in the movies can mimick that.

In my twisted opinion it really helps to bring people back to reality and will make for a good suicide prevention tool.

ad4mz41
Wed, 12-31-2003, 05:10 AM
You can get it from Kazaa or I think if you want to get it by BT you can get it at www.supernova.org

Elite Hentai
Wed, 12-31-2003, 05:40 AM
or you can rent it...

ad4mz41
Wed, 12-31-2003, 05:47 AM
Who wants to rent it when you can get it for free? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif

Elite Hentai
Wed, 12-31-2003, 05:56 AM
extra's

Swallow Your Soul
Wed, 12-31-2003, 07:23 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Immortal Boner &#064; Dec 31 2003, 03:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Heard it was the sickest of the sick. I&#39;m going to hunt down a place where I can download it.

But really now, nothing&#39;s more extreme than what you can see in real life. I&#39;ve mentioned this awhile ago but go to some of those sites with pictures and videos of real people dying and I swear you will be shocked shitless. Decapitations with blood gushing everywhere, mutilations, people lit on fire while screaming in agony...ugh it&#39;s so much more sick and disguisting in real life. Nothing in the movies can mimick that.

In my twisted opinion it really helps to bring people back to reality and will make for a good suicide prevention tool. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Suicide prevention tool? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

How?

Anyway for anyone wanting to watch this movie try and track down the completely uncut version...from what I&#39;ve heard there are 3 versions, the totally cut to shreds version, the relatively uncut one (about 1 hour 55 minutes) which is the one I&#39;ve got, and then apparently theres a totally uncut one which is meant to be about 12 minutes longer than the relatively uncut one...

ad4mz41
Wed, 12-31-2003, 08:43 AM
I think I watched the uncut version which was over two hours and eight minutes long I think... whats the difference in the movies anyway?

Krbadass
Wed, 12-31-2003, 09:40 AM
Never heard of it.

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 01-01-2004, 02:41 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ad4mz41 @ Dec 31 2003, 07:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I think I watched the uncut version which was over two hours and eight minutes long I think... whats the difference in the movies anyway? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I don&#39;t know the specifics as I&#39;ve only seen the semi-uncut one...I remember there were people complaining on the internet when it was released in America at the time (fortunately not here in Europe at the time) - reviewers were really pissed off because they apparently cut like 45 minutes of the film out&#33;

I bought the &#39;Special Edition&#39; and was hoping it would be totally uncut but mine was still 12 minutes shorter than the fully uncut one...

The anime version is being released on DVD soon&#33; Ekkkk&#33;&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Rock Lee
Thu, 01-01-2004, 02:44 AM
Wow people like that show, i mean i understand that that its violent and disturbing, i mean Ichi literally masterbates to others being raped... not a normal guy. However it lacked anything else making it worth watching. The charcters had no personality worth mentioning and the chick who spoke english and japenese sometimes was about as lifeless as possible. The plot itself had tons of holes and explained very little, i believe it was ment for people who had read the manga for it. From what i understand the uncut edition is on suprnova thats where i got mine. For any of you reading this thread wondering what were tlaking about the movies like a bad snuff film, with dated japenese affecst and terrible writing even for a movie from wherever in asia it was made im assuming japan because &quot;Ichi&quot; is one in jap. Just my humble opnion but showing someone more violence decenatizes them to it making them more prone to commit said acts. I can remember when that movie with marlan wayans and those other people about drugs came out a few years ago everyone was like &quot;hey show this one to all the drug addicts they&#39;ll never wanna do drugs again&quot;. I don&#39;t know too many people who&#39;ve seen that movie sober it makes no sense. I&quot;ll update this once i remember what the movie was called.

Jman
Thu, 01-01-2004, 04:03 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rock Lee @ Jan 1 2004, 01:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Wow people like that show, i mean i understand that that its violent and disturbing, i mean Ichi literally masterbates to others being raped... not a normal guy. However it lacked anything else making it worth watching. The charcters had no personality worth mentioning and the chick who spoke english and japenese sometimes was about as lifeless as possible. The plot itself had tons of holes and explained very little, i believe it was ment for people who had read the manga for it. From what i understand the uncut edition is on suprnova thats where i got mine. For any of you reading this thread wondering what were tlaking about the movies like a bad snuff film, with dated japenese affecst and terrible writing even for a movie from wherever in asia it was made im assuming japan because &quot;Ichi&quot; is one in jap. Just my humble opnion but showing someone more violence decenatizes them to it making them more prone to commit said acts. I can remember when that movie with marlan wayans and those other people about drugs came out a few years ago everyone was like &quot;hey show this one to all the drug addicts they&#39;ll never wanna do drugs again&quot;. I don&#39;t know too many people who&#39;ve seen that movie sober it makes no sense. I&quot;ll update this once i remember what the movie was called. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
So from what i gather, the title is something like Killer no.1. I&#39;ve seen the trailer but that wasn&#39;t enough for me to get some type of idea as to what exactly it was about. Apart from special effects, blood and tongues being cut, does the movie have any kind of depth to it? Just a bit curious as to why there was a lot of hype surrounding it.

And by chance was the movie with Marlon Wayans Requiem for a dream? I think that film dealt with the effects of drugs. I remember seeing a clip on kazaa years ago when I read an article reading about substance abuse.

Rock Lee
Thu, 01-01-2004, 04:36 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (animemaster &#064; Jan 1 2004, 03:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> So from what i gather, the title is something like Killer no.1. I&#39;ve seen the trailer but that wasn&#39;t enough for me to get some type of idea as to what exactly it was about. Apart from special effects, blood and tongues being cut, does the movie have any kind of depth to it? Just a bit curious as to why there was a lot of hype surrounding it.

And by chance was the movie with Marlon Wayans Requiem for a dream? I think that film dealt with the effects of drugs. I remember seeing a clip on kazaa years ago when I read an article reading about substance abuse. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yeah thats its requiem for a dream... No Ichi the killer IMO had no depth what so ever. The basic plot is these people give these fake memories to a kid who is your standard crying sobbing whiny bitch, but once he get angry he lashes out and kills people with this wierd and most of the time very stupid looking knife hidden in the heel of his boots in his ridiculous costume. The actor that plays Ichi does a good job at making him seem truely pathetic. I kinda dozed through the rest of the movie the twice i&#39;ve seen it. However there some yakuza group with a &quot;pure masochist&quot; as the branch leader his name escapes me but he has rings that close his mouth making him look rather bad guy esuqe. As far as i can tell the movie revolves around said yakuza guy yearning to meet ichi so he can expierence true pain and ichi running around get Bjs from beat up hooker and masterbating outside the window of some pimp who beats his whores. I make it sound much more interesting than it really is honestly... I watched the movie because i had heard the name over and over but nothing about it. There some sub plot to it some dude an ex cop on the yakuza pay roll is trying to get his son away from the gangster life. Theres some other elements to it that are escaping my memory but not enough to make the movie worth while. The ending is rather lame as well.... Personally i&#39;d reccomend you don&#39;t pay for it. But if you got the time and bandwidth you may as well DL it. At times the computer generated stuff looks good but most of the time its rather reminiscient of Godzillaesque cheezyness.

Theres mild violence and several torture scenes which pouring boiling tempura oil on some dude whilst hes hung from hooks that are dug into his muscle or whatever is just not my type of intertainment. Theres a couple of other scenes like that some dude cuts out his tounge and for the rest of the series speak as if he has no tounge. Lots of very very strange and wholly un understandable charcters from the western perspective. I hear the manga is quite good if your into that type of thing.

ArazioN
Thu, 01-01-2004, 05:39 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Immortal Boner &#064; Dec 31 2003, 04:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>But really now, nothing&#39;s more extreme than what you can see in real life. I&#39;ve mentioned this awhile ago but go to some of those sites with pictures and videos of real people dying and I swear you will be shocked shitless. Decapitations with blood gushing everywhere, mutilations, people lit on fire while screaming in agony...ugh it&#39;s so much more sick and disguisting in real life. Nothing in the movies can mimick that.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
seen some of those vidz and pics and it made me sick for the rest of the week http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif.
Ogrish is BAH

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 01-01-2004, 08:38 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rock Lee @ Jan 1 2004, 01:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Wow people like that show, i mean i understand that that its violent and disturbing, i mean Ichi literally masterbates to others being raped... not a normal guy. However it lacked anything else making it worth watching. The charcters had no personality worth mentioning and the chick who spoke english and japenese sometimes was about as lifeless as possible. The plot itself had tons of holes and explained very little, i believe it was ment for people who had read the manga for it. From what i understand the uncut edition is on suprnova thats where i got mine. For any of you reading this thread wondering what were tlaking about the movies like a bad snuff film, with dated japenese affecst and terrible writing even for a movie from wherever in asia it was made im assuming japan because &quot;Ichi&quot; is one in jap. Just my humble opnion but showing someone more violence decenatizes them to it making them more prone to commit said acts. I can remember when that movie with marlan wayans and those other people about drugs came out a few years ago everyone was like &quot;hey show this one to all the drug addicts they&#39;ll never wanna do drugs again&quot;. I don&#39;t know too many people who&#39;ve seen that movie sober it makes no sense. I&quot;ll update this once i remember what the movie was called. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I think its meant to have a comic-book style to it, much of the violence is totally over the top and I think the film sets its stall out as it is, there isn&#39;t a great deal of story to it but judging from interviews I&#39;ve seen with the director that seemed to be pretty much the plan...

I don&#39;t think watching violent films makes people more likely to commit such acts at all. This all reminds me of the &#39;video nasties&#39; thing that went on over here during the 90&#39;s.

It still amazes me how movies like Ichi The Killer, bands like Slipknot and Marilyn Manson, and video games like Twisted Metal Black are censored and criticised for being violent and inspiring violent behaviour, and yet I&#39;ve seen huge colour photos of corpses of heroin addicts, corpses of Saddam Husseins brothers etc on the front pages of newspapers&#33; Also, I remember on September 11th, the news cut in during childrens TV time (ie &quot;we interrupt this cartoon to bring you news of....&quot; etc) to show action replays of aeroplanes flying into buildings, and filming a guy falling to his death from a fucking great height&#33; The camera followed him falling to his death for ages and I guess I just find it surprising that people don&#39;t seem to have a problem allowing children to see demonstrations of real life violence and showing them mutilated war victims and corpses, while censoring films that are directed at an ADULT audience, which come from someones imagination...

Immortal Boner
Thu, 01-01-2004, 01:59 PM
Maybe suicide prevention is a bit of an exaggeration. But for the rest of us who saw it, the images and videos (and the extreme suffering that person goes through in their last moment of life) really sticks with you. For me that shit stuck for more than a week. It&#39;s just brutal.

sidenote: Almost finished with the Ichi download. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Elite Hentai
Fri, 01-02-2004, 04:20 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Immortal Boner &#064; Jan 2 2004, 06:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> It&#39;s comparable to Playboy and figure drawing class. I still remember being 14 and be in a class where I draw pictures of naked women, whereas I would be restricted from ever buying a playboy magazine. Another example is restricting access to violence that goes with R-rated movies and being allowed to watch on tv &quot;ER&quot;. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
You had nude model at art class. DAMN YOU&#33;&#33; (<span style='color:gray'>jealous</span>)

Immortal Boner
Fri, 01-02-2004, 01:16 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Swallow Your Soul @ Jan 1 2004, 08:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rock Lee &#064; Jan 1 2004, 01:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Wow people like that show, i mean i understand that that its violent and disturbing, i mean Ichi literally masterbates to others being raped... not a normal guy. However it lacked anything else making it worth watching. The charcters had no personality worth mentioning and the chick who spoke english and japenese sometimes was about as lifeless as possible. The plot itself had tons of holes and explained very little, i believe it was ment for people who had read the manga for it. From what i understand the uncut edition is on suprnova thats where i got mine. For any of you reading this thread wondering what were tlaking about the movies like a bad snuff film, with dated japenese affecst and terrible writing even for a movie from wherever in asia it was made im assuming japan because &quot;Ichi&quot; is one in jap. Just my humble opnion but showing someone more violence decenatizes them to it making them more prone to commit said acts. I can remember when that movie with marlan wayans and those other people about drugs came out a few years ago everyone was like &quot;hey show this one to all the drug addicts they&#39;ll never wanna do drugs again&quot;. I don&#39;t know too many people who&#39;ve seen that movie sober it makes no sense. I&quot;ll update this once i remember what the movie was called. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I think its meant to have a comic-book style to it, much of the violence is totally over the top and I think the film sets its stall out as it is, there isn&#39;t a great deal of story to it but judging from interviews I&#39;ve seen with the director that seemed to be pretty much the plan...

I don&#39;t think watching violent films makes people more likely to commit such acts at all. This all reminds me of the &#39;video nasties&#39; thing that went on over here during the 90&#39;s.

It still amazes me how movies like Ichi The Killer, bands like Slipknot and Marilyn Manson, and video games like Twisted Metal Black are censored and criticised for being violent and inspiring violent behaviour, and yet I&#39;ve seen huge colour photos of corpses of heroin addicts, corpses of Saddam Husseins brothers etc on the front pages of newspapers&#33; Also, I remember on September 11th, the news cut in during childrens TV time (ie &quot;we interrupt this cartoon to bring you news of....&quot; etc) to show action replays of aeroplanes flying into buildings, and filming a guy falling to his death from a fucking great height&#33; The camera followed him falling to his death for ages and I guess I just find it surprising that people don&#39;t seem to have a problem allowing children to see demonstrations of real life violence and showing them mutilated war victims and corpses, while censoring films that are directed at an ADULT audience, which come from someones imagination... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
You have a valid point but I think the consensus of people just reason that the videogames and music that depict violence are used for entertainment purposes. The media outlets such as the newspaper depicting corpses and the footage of the WTC was clearly to inform. And they do censor what is shown in the news (ex: All the photos they took of the WTC victims upclose, video of Daniel Pearl&#39;s body being cut up, etc.)

It&#39;s likely that both would potentially desensitize the public at large, but I think the entertainment aspects of it has alot more weight in terms of being impressionable.
It&#39;s comparable to Playboy and figure drawing class. I still remember being 14 and be in a class where I draw pictures of naked women, whereas I would be restricted from ever buying a playboy magazine. Another example is restricting access to violence that goes with R-rated movies and being allowed to watch on tv &quot;ER&quot;.

The medium and it&#39;s motive in which something is depicted in, has alot to do with what is censored and what is not. Such as with the playboy example. One is depicted as tasteful art whereas the other&#39;s motive is to get you a boner.

Are forms of entertainment such as videogames and music impressionable? To some who are more sensitive to it then yes it is (and I would say music to a higher degree.) This would vary from individual to individual. But it&#39;s undeniable that music does get people into certain moods. Walk down the street and listen to Lifehouse. Then walk down the street and listen to 50 cent.

Does it leave enough of an impression to increase violence? In my opinion it&#39;s partly the reflection of the society and thus fosters it. But whether it necessarily makes changes people enough to make them violent depends on the maturity level of the person and also the society as a whole.

Well that&#39;s my 2 cents.

ad4mz41
Tue, 01-13-2004, 07:50 AM
Haha so you liked it eh?

*******SPOILER TO THE MOVIE IF YOU PLAN ON WATCHING IT ************

The best part was when the old guy Jiji takes off his clothes and turns out to be really buff&#33; Haha it was so funny, it totally caught me off guard.

*********************End of Spoiler ***************************

Immortal Boner
Tue, 01-13-2004, 08:05 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Elite Hentai @ Jan 2 2004, 04:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Immortal Boner &#064; Jan 2 2004, 06:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> It&#39;s comparable to Playboy and figure drawing class.* I still remember being 14 and be in a class where I draw pictures of naked women, whereas I would be restricted from ever buying a playboy magazine.* Another example is restricting* access to violence that goes with R-rated movies and being allowed to watch on tv &quot;ER&quot;. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
You had nude model at art class. DAMN YOU&#33;&#33; (<span style='color:gray'>jealous</span>) </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
It wasn&#39;t that great in the first week though. If you&#39;re just there to stare at naked 20-year-old girls then definately be ready. They show you naked 80-year-old men first and then the girls. But it was pretty good because they paid me &#036;10 stipend for every hour I was there, just for taking their drawing courses.

migawari
Tue, 01-13-2004, 08:46 AM
yeah i liekd it, its been a while since i&#39;ve seen a good hack and slash movie. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

migawari
Tue, 01-13-2004, 10:20 AM
i just watched this lastnight, all i have to say is: BEST. MOVIE. EVER. hahaha