PDA

View Full Version : anyone puts anime on vcd?

luckyinfil
Mon, 12-29-2003, 12:35 PM
i have a problem i come upon when i tried burning naruto episodes on vcd so i can watch on tv instead of monitor, when i get to episode 11 of toyiama worlds, it suddenly changes it into a large 700 mb file instead of a 200ish mb file like the other ones. This only happens to about 10 episodes outa the 64, and i was just wondering how to fix this?

joker-kun
Mon, 12-29-2003, 12:42 PM
I dunno, i stopped doing that...............i just use info CD

StAn|SeRv
Mon, 12-29-2003, 12:42 PM
download anbu-aone's version or get a cdr...

Uzumaki Naruto
Mon, 12-29-2003, 12:56 PM
o shit wut was i going to say............... o yes i gave up on burning anime onto vcd bc it took me to dam long to burn just one vcd and then i realized that my burner could only write up to 1X on vcds and svcd man that suked tooke me one huors just to finish one disk

luckyinfil
Tue, 12-30-2003, 03:11 AM
okay i'll explain more clearly. Rite now i am using the software nero and tmpgenc to create vcd of naruto episodes. When i use tmpgenc normally, it works fine and it creates a mpeg of the avi file, which is about 200mbs. But for certain episodes, when i try to encode it, it suddenly becomes this huge 700mb file. My question is how can i turn that 700 mb file back down to a 200 mb file without losing quality and wat causes this problem to occur?

KakashiSensei
Tue, 12-30-2003, 01:12 PM
you have to re encode them to a vcd ready MPEG with TMpeg and virtual Dub and for re enoding you loose quality i gave up on that when DVD burner appeared in my PC.

StAn|SeRv
Tue, 12-30-2003, 01:16 PM
sorry i misintepret your question....
wat type of burning software u are using? i`m using nero and never have this type of problem before unless u are burning 3 episodes....

Krbadass
Tue, 12-30-2003, 01:52 PM
I don't get your question either.

[matrim]
Thu, 01-01-2004, 04:18 AM
The reason for the file size it in your converter program to VCD/SVCD.
I myself puts some series on SVCD, it's all in the MPEG file, in general an AVI file
such as the episodes of Naruto and most other series availeble is smaller then
an MPEG file, still the file is not supose to have to be that big, a 200MB ep in AVI
should be around 270MB in MPEG.
I would sugest you use TMPEGEnc it's what I use, you can set the size you want,
I would sugest you put 2 EPS / CD if they are ove 250MB each on AVI
and set them to 50% of a CD size, and but 3 if they are smaller then 250MB
and set them to 33% of a CD each, you will understand all this if it's hard now
once you get the program.

boomorman
Thu, 01-01-2004, 05:14 AM
I put movies on vcds sometimes. Its alot faster to just get a cheap vid card with s-vid out and send the signal directly to your tv.

[matrim]
Fri, 01-02-2004, 04:17 AM
Still this is quite hard if you got your computer in your home offic and the TV in your room is at the other side of the house, thats alot af cabeling....

hiroshi
Sun, 01-04-2004, 05:03 AM
Actually you can get those wireless boxes.

One plugs into your PC, and it sends whatever is displayed on your desktop to the other box which plugs into the TV. you can buy them in a lot of places =)

I plan on getting one so my dad can watch my movies without coming into my bedroom all the time =P