PDA

View Full Version : one shikamaru question

abomb
Mon, 12-29-2003, 02:46 AM
does shikamaru/dad become unstoppable at night, when there's nothing but shadows?

XwingRob
Mon, 12-29-2003, 02:50 AM
Good question. I don't think Shikamaru has ever used his powers at night.
They probaly are sleeping/drunk at that time so we will never know. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

DaRk-SeRpEnT
Mon, 12-29-2003, 03:39 AM
hmm good point but there is the moon light

abomb
Mon, 12-29-2003, 05:21 AM
i think we might see a night fight in the one of the upcoming manga chapters. They've been chasing those guys nonstop, its gotta become night time sooner or later.

Chi Chi
Mon, 12-29-2003, 05:25 AM
It would depend on how good the moon is that night.

pavi
Mon, 12-29-2003, 06:03 AM
ya, in the recent chapter, they show a pic of the sun starting to set, promising ntie-time action

Raven
Mon, 12-29-2003, 07:06 AM
Kishimoto probably has thought about this and therefore we'll never see them fight at night because they'd be unstoppable, they couldn't possibly lose.

Kyubi Unleashed
Mon, 12-29-2003, 10:36 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CmDr_RavEn &#064; Dec 29 2003, 06:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Kishimoto probably has thought about this and therefore we&#39;ll never see them fight at night because they&#39;d be unstoppable, they couldn&#39;t possibly lose. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
That&#39;s probably true, but it would be sweet to see Shikamaru fight at night&#33;
Edit: The moon is also very important, as Dark-Serpent and Chi Chi have already stated.

hiddenpookie
Tue, 12-30-2003, 09:18 AM
he would kik ass period. but not unstoopable

AznPerson
Tue, 12-30-2003, 09:48 AM
wouldn&#39;t shika be unstopable in a forest too? I mean there are shadows from the trees too.

skyro
Tue, 12-30-2003, 12:20 PM
If it is totally dark then he can&#39;t use his shadow bind technique because there is no actually shadow (no light = no shadow). This was explained in the Shika/Temari fight. Of course if the moon is out and bright enough then he would be able to use it, but the point is there has to be a shadow.

Jakob
Wed, 12-31-2003, 02:01 AM
He wouldn&#39;t be unstoppable per se, I mean when he fought with Kin the only way he won was through tricking her. If he hadn&#39;t noticed her distance from the wall, their fight would&#39;ve either been a stalemate, or he would&#39;ve lost after the jutsu wore off (from lack of chakra, presumably).

hinatachanfanboy
Wed, 12-31-2003, 02:04 AM
But he could stop them before they made it all light with his shadow. And I&#39;m sure he could come up with all sorts of other ideas, he is a super genious after all.

Legendary Nin
Wed, 12-31-2003, 02:39 AM
Genious yes,god no,far from it.He can&#39;t take on a jounin by himself,he is still a Chuunin.I think you are taking 64 a little too far.

abomb
Wed, 12-31-2003, 03:06 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Uchuu no Recca @ Dec 31 2003, 12:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> If you have light all around a subject...you will get no shadow. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
or you will have a shadow in all directions...

Trip
Wed, 12-31-2003, 06:21 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Uchuu no Recca @ Dec 31 2003, 12:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> If you have light all around a subject...you will get no shadow. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
if you lift your foot slightly you&#39;ll get a shadow http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif

ricefarmer
Wed, 12-31-2003, 07:11 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jakob @ Dec 31 2003, 02:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> He wouldn&#39;t be unstoppable per se, I mean when he fought with Kin the only way he won was through tricking her. If he hadn&#39;t noticed her distance from the wall, their fight would&#39;ve either been a stalemate, or he would&#39;ve lost after the jutsu wore off (from lack of chakra, presumably). </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
i dont think he would have done it at all if she wasn&#39;t close to the wall... remember he plans many steps ahead... so he had that in mind the minute he knew she used strings and.. uchuu no recca ur ass is dumb u can still get shadows and its not like sasukes fire stays in one place

Hyuga Koji
Wed, 12-31-2003, 12:05 PM
All Shikamaru needs to become incredibly powerful is to either get a sword or fight left-handed

Since all but maybe 2-3 ninjas in Naruto seem to be right-handed all he has to do is catch somebody and booyah they&#39;re useless to his left hand.

I&#39;d imagine he&#39;d be pretty damn good at night provided there is at least some light moon or otherwise to cast at least one discernable shadow.

If anyone knows Jojo&#39;s Bizarre Adventure Shikamaru&#39;s Kagemane no jutsu is similar to the stand Black Sabbath from series five though not as deadly so the same rules apply (maybe that&#39;s where Kishimoto got the idea)

Assertn
Wed, 12-31-2003, 01:10 PM
well they never explained that he CANT in total darkness, but it can be hinted at when ino said &quot;if there&#39;s just a little light then he can have a shadow within a shadow&quot;....

although it would be hard to have absolute darkness. Even a candle or the light in the refrigerators that the old-style ninjas apparently have could suffice http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Assertn
Wed, 12-31-2003, 01:18 PM
hmm.....moving your shadow over one hemisphere of the entire planet at night is a pretty interesting concept.......and theoretically feasible too, unless you need to actually see your opponent, but then again, did shikamaru see the 4 sound nins when there was smoke everywhere and he caught them?

the problem with defying the laws of science is that it makes understanding the limitations of this ability vague.

Uchuu no Recca
Wed, 12-31-2003, 01:29 PM
Hmmm, so basically to defeat Shikamaru and his dad...all a ninja needs to do is use Katon fire jutsu. So with all the fire(light) there will be no shadow, no matter how they manipulate stuff.

Wow, Sasuke is going to own Shikamaru big time.

And at night, indeed half the Earth is always in shadows...so technically Shikamaru or his dad can bind anyone in the hemisphere if they so choose too&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

hinatachanfanboy
Wed, 12-31-2003, 01:33 PM
Uh no, making more light would make more shadows

Uchuu no Recca
Wed, 12-31-2003, 01:38 PM
If you have light all around a subject...you will get no shadow.