PDA

View Full Version : The Shikamaru Explosion

Legendary Nin
Sun, 12-28-2003, 07:57 AM
Notice how everyone loves Shikamaru,genious this,genious that.Shikamaru owns etc etc.This is unbelievable,I swear before last episode you could count his fanbase on two hands.Now it seems everyone is obssesed with him,but before could careless about the guy.Talk about jumping on the bandwagon.I bet after the Sasuke fight with Gaara and when Orochimaru starts to kick the 3rds ass,no one will know who Shikamaru is,actually I promise that.And to think we have to put up with this again with Tsunade,Naruto after he learns Rasengan,soon to be Sasuke,Kabuto,and please don't say so,but I know it will happen with Itachi as well.Just like Shikamaru,everyone doubts Itachi and will until he puts Sasuke in the hospital and sends Kakashi off there with next to nothing effort.

itachi_
Sun, 12-28-2003, 08:13 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legendary Nin @ Dec 28 2003, 06:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Notice how everyone loves Shikamaru,genious this,genious that.Shikamaru owns etc etc.This is unbelievable,I swear before last episode you could count his fanbase on two hands.Now it seems everyone is obssesed with him,but before could careless about the guy.Talk about jumping on the bandwagon.I bet after the Sasuke fight with Gaara and when Orochimaru starts to kick the 3rds ass,no one will know who Shikamaru is,actually I promise that.And to think we have to put up with this again with Tsunade,Naruto after he learns Rasengan,soon to be Sasuke,Kabuto,and please don&#39;t say so,but I know it will happen with Itachi as well.Just like Shikamaru,everyone doubts Itachi and will until he puts Sasuke in the hospital and sends Kakashi off there with next to nothing effort. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
That&#39;s what I fear the most, that everybody will be Itachi Uchiha fan&#39;s... That will happen because the introdution that he givs is unbelieveable.. TOTAL DOMINATION

Hotsuma
Sun, 12-28-2003, 10:25 AM
I&#39;ve liked Shikamaru, before he fought against Temari. When he owned Kin - that was badass. I thought that was amazing.

And, I like Shikamaru more than anybody else you listed (Itachi, Kabuto, Gaara, Sasuke..etc)

Legato 2057
Sun, 12-28-2003, 10:29 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hotsuma @ Dec 28 2003, 06:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I&#39;ve liked Shikamaru, before he fought against Temari. When he owned Kin - that was badass. I thought that was amazing.

And, I like Shikamaru more than anybody else you listed (Itachi, Kabuto, Gaara, Sasuke..etc) </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
My sentiments exactly.

JonioAgoGo
Sun, 12-28-2003, 11:36 AM
Well, while all the other guys are badasses, I still like Shika, Chouji, Kiba and the other Genin a LOT more than them.

Sasuke however, is just a jackass, and whats up with him getting like....a few moments and then disappearing for what....20 episodes? and whats gonna happen after his next moment? The same thing&#33;

So far, I still favor Zabuza over Oro and Itachi, just because we got to see his whole story, all we know about Oro and Itachi, well, you should know if you&#39;ve been keeping up.

Insomniac
Sun, 12-28-2003, 11:40 AM
it happened with Lee too, not many people liked him that much until he started to fight.

and yeah i liked Shikamaru ever since the start when he was in the forest of death fighting the sound nins

personally i like Orochimaru more then Itachi, and the episodes coming up get to show off what Orochimaru can do (summon hokages&#33; i mean geez, who can summon better then that?)

JonioAgoGo
Sun, 12-28-2003, 11:45 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Insomniac @ Dec 28 2003, 10:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> it happened with Lee too, not many people liked him that much until he started to fight.

and yeah i liked Shikamaru ever since the start when he was in the forest of death fighting the sound nins

personally i like Orochimaru more then Itachi, and the episodes coming up get to show off what Orochimaru can do (summon hokages&#33; i mean geez, who can summon better then that?) </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Heh, I didn&#39;t like Lee at first because of his appearance.

After I saw him jack Naruto AND Sasuke&#39;s goods though, I knew he was cool in my book.

Yeah, ever since the InoShikaCho formation in the forest, those three have been my favorite team (Team 8 just about tied with them).

Oro. Man that guy is nuts&#33; It is comforting to know that the 3rd could keep up with him for a while, but still, where did he get all that stuff from.

Imagine if he were to summon the 3rd to battle, what an emotional bout that would be with any of the leaf nins.

forkshy
Sun, 12-28-2003, 11:51 AM
i dunno, i usually start to like characters more after i get more of their back story. it was hard to like shika before you ever really knew anything about him. i&#39;m not one of the &quot;oh, shika is the ultimate smart badass,&quot; but his attitude seems similar to kakashi&#39;s... so kakashi fans woh&#39;ve been starved for god knows how many episodes are going to leap on him.

i started to like Lee after he threw those heart things at Sakura, that was hilarious, and after that everything about him just makes me chuckle.

you&#39;re right, though, this bandwagon thing is pretty weird. it&#39;s like, everytime you see anyone do anything cool they&#39;re everyone&#39;s favourite until someone else does something cool... it&#39;s only natural.

BluSyn
Sun, 12-28-2003, 12:03 PM
well personally shikamaru has always been a great character since the first time he said troublesome (&lt;- I love that word) but also like others have said before the kin fight shikamaru was just one of those guys in the background. We had no info on him or anything but then those 2 fights show how good he actually is. And due to his lazy manor we never really get to see that. So yeah people will jump on his bandwagon but still personally its understandable. Also i didnt really liked how the anime speeded through shikamaru&#39;s 2 fights. it seems like in the manga the fights were more dramatic and made shika look better. I almost always like the anime fights better but in this case the manga was much better.

DemonRyu
Sun, 12-28-2003, 12:17 PM
I liked Shikamaru ever since the start when he was in the forest of death fighting the sound nins. The fight against temari just makes him even better. Explianing this is so...troublesome.

XwingRob
Mon, 12-29-2003, 02:21 AM
I like Shikamaru because he reminds of me. A lazy bastard who doesn&#39;t like troublesome situations.

Everon
Mon, 12-29-2003, 02:34 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin @ Dec 28 2003, 09:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Its pretty sad how everybody says &#39;I liked shika from the start&#39;. He did sweet fuck all for the first 30+ episodes, did I miss some hidden episodes where Shikamaru bet the piss out of some bad ass opponents. No, the reason why that didn&#39;t happen is because he&#39;s a weak fringe character.

The fact that Naruto is disliked by so many people because he is annoying at times while Shikamaru is both annoying and boring yet everybody seems to love him is just hypocritical.

I am not one to jump on the band wagon of the flavor of the month character.... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Looks like somebody needs a nap.

Jk. Lee has been my personal fav. I thought it was a slick nod to Bruce Lee.

But Shikamaru is a cool character, its just that they haven&#39;t given much of a background until recently. Especially in recent manga episodes its shown how much he cares for Choji, and how he&#39;s been his best friend for years.

I&#39;m not jumping on a &quot;bandwagon,&quot; if I&#39;m beginning to like him over other characters (thats what yankee fans are), I just didn&#39;t know enough about him until recently.

I&#39;m sure other characters will grow on you if just wait and see.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 12-29-2003, 04:57 AM
I find it hard to fan some charecter without knowing shit about them...

really, what do you expect? that we&#39;ll all fall and fan Shikamaru just becuase what he did in the forest of death? or that we&#39;ll like Chouji from the time we see him eat burgers?

apparntly, unlike you, i can only think someone is cool when he does something cool...

if you want some really psycho fanbase, wait for Shino&#39;s next battle, with no information about him, and some really overdone &#39;i have a trump card&#39; fights, he&#39;s sure to have as much fans as Itachi...

BTW: Gaara owns, i&#39;m rewatching Naruto and he still kicks asses...

Chi Chi
Mon, 12-29-2003, 05:27 AM
I liked Shikimaru for his attitude since episode 3. Seeing how his role in episode 1 was short and he wasn&#39;t in 3. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif

Legato 2057
Mon, 12-29-2003, 05:34 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death BOO Z @ Dec 29 2003, 12:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> apparntly, unlike you, i can only think someone is cool when he does something cool...
</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Apparently we have different ideas of what &quot;cool&quot; is. In my opinion, the way Shikamru beat the sound chick, was by far the coolest win in the manga/anime so far. It may not have been the most powerful move, but being able to make your opponent defeat themselves is badass to me.

And just because you don&#39;t know someones life story, doesn&#39;t mean they are any less &quot;cool&quot; in battle.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 12-29-2003, 05:54 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legato 2057 @ Dec 29 2003, 04:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Apparently we have different ideas of what &quot;cool&quot; is. In my opinion, the way Shikamru beat the sound chick, was by far the coolest win in the manga/anime so far. It may not have been the most powerful move, but being able to make your opponent defeat themselves is badass to me.

And just because you don&#39;t know someones life story, doesn&#39;t mean they are any less &quot;cool&quot; in battle. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
sure, it was awsome, but i can bet you didn&#39;t notice how smart it was at first, did you?

you&#39;re right, not knowing about someone doesn&#39;t neccessrially make him less cool, but that&#39;s when not knowing has some sort of effect on the story, right now, Shino is a side charecter, with about the same importance and Kanaraku, Kiba and Tenten, i really don&#39;t see a reason for Kishomonto to give him such a mysterious aura...

think about a hypothetical situation... what if Haku would have really killed Zabuza, and he would have apperead once in a while to kill someone and then disapper again? without knowing anything about him other than the fact he&#39;s strong...
would you call Haku cool in that situation?
cuz for now, that&#39;s exacly how i picture Shino.

by the way, are you watching Avenger? Layla has a Shino thing there, she&#39;s the main charecter, she says almost nothing, in 12 eps we&#39;ve only learned two new things about her, and she is a lifeless and annoying as she was at episode one...

Raven
Mon, 12-29-2003, 07:05 AM
I really don&#39;t think this is an issue. So people get excited about characters, then later on get excited about different characters. So what? What&#39;s the big deal?

The anime is designed to stir up emotions in us. And it&#39;s effective. What&#39;s the problem with excitement, even if it&#39;s short lived? It&#39;s not hurting you.

Legato 2057
Mon, 12-29-2003, 07:46 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death BOO Z @ Dec 29 2003, 01:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> sure, it was awsome, but i can bet you didn&#39;t notice how smart it was at first, did you?

you&#39;re right, not knowing about someone doesn&#39;t neccessrially make him less cool, but that&#39;s when not knowing has some sort of effect on the story, right now, Shino is a side charecter, with about the same importance and Kanaraku, Kiba and Tenten, i really don&#39;t see a reason for Kishomonto to give him such a mysterious aura...

think about a hypothetical situation... what if Haku would have really killed Zabuza, and he would have apperead once in a while to kill someone and then disapper again? without knowing anything about him other than the fact he&#39;s strong...
would you call Haku cool in that situation?
cuz for now, that&#39;s exacly how i picture Shino.

by the way, are you watching Avenger? Layla has a Shino thing there, she&#39;s the main charecter, she says almost nothing, in 12 eps we&#39;ve only learned two new things about her, and she is a lifeless and annoying as she was at episode one... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
As a matter of fact, I did realize how intelligent it was to win that way. I didn&#39;t think he was going to be a super genius with 200+ IQ, but I did realize how smart it was.

BTW, it&#39;s: Kankuro and Kisihimoto

Also, I haven&#39;t even mentioned Shino in any of my posts, so I don&#39;t understand why you&#39;re bringing him up. Although, just for the sake of arguement: some people are simply attracted to the very mysteriouness of his character, just like Kakashi. He&#39;s nothing like a random killer. That would be stupid.

And I have no idea what Avenger is...

DemonRyu
Mon, 12-29-2003, 08:37 AM
I don&#39;t see the biig deal about Itachi I read the manga and I still like shikamaru over him.

Insomniac
Mon, 12-29-2003, 08:42 AM
you&#39;re saying that theres nothing special about Shikamaru?
hes a strategist, what i can tell from your posts if you&#39;re most likely a DBZ fan and like a huge &#39;end move&#39; like rasegen.

If you can only judge a characters worth by how strong they are then you&#39;re missing out on alot.
Shikamaru has shown himself as a leader since the forest of death up until the chuunin exam and even after that, look at the current chapters of the manga now.

And you&#39;re saying its sad that we liked Shikamaru from the beginning? cant people like characters for their attitudes?

and Yes i am saying that the way Shikamaru won against the sound chick was cool, for once we didnt see a huge &#39;FINISH MOVE ARGHHHH&#33;&#39; attack, he won without all that overused crap. Its refreshing to get a character that reminds us of a part of ourselves, the lazy part.

Shikamaru is basically a inspiring force in Naruto, he shows that if you try you can win when it counts. You may think something is troublesome but in the end you&#39;re better off from doing it (Shikamaru becoming a nin) and he shows us that its not beating your opponent to a pulp thats important.

any bet if Shikamaru gets some &#39;opening the gates&#39; or &#39;rasegen&#39; move you&#39;ll start liking him, i spose some people only watch for the flashy lights.

Kyubi Unleashed
Mon, 12-29-2003, 10:48 AM
I thought Shikamaru was extremely awesome in his fight with Temari, and I admit, I&#39;ve started to notice him more since then. With his &#39;How troublesome..&#39; line, he&#39;s been one of my faves. But still, Naruto&#39;s my personal best, and Shika&#39;s my second or third. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_gap.gif

Assertn
Mon, 12-29-2003, 11:59 AM
well i dunno about you guys....but I liked shikamaru back in the 3rd episode&#33; i dunno, just something about the first impression i had of him that i could relate to....

but yeah, right now, i have decided that for personality, shikamaru&#39;s my favorite.
For fighting, and general coolness though, its a close call between neji and sasuke (maybe a little bit more towards neji after sasuke turned all evil)

Legendary Nin
Mon, 12-29-2003, 12:45 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DemonRyu @ Dec 29 2003, 08:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I don&#39;t see the biig deal about Itachi I read the manga and I still like shikamaru over him. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Nothing wrong with that.You have reason to like Shikamaru,just some people only like him because he is the most popular right now.I like Shikmaru,but I find he is too dull to take it anywhere further than just an average character that I like.Just like you find Itachi,but your reasons are justified.

Nine Tailed Demon
Mon, 12-29-2003, 12:51 PM
Wait till Itachi happens in the anime, he&#39;ll be #1 in the rankings....

villin
Mon, 12-29-2003, 01:00 PM
Its pretty sad how everybody says &#39;I liked shika from the start&#39;. He did sweet fuck all for the first 30+ episodes, did I miss some hidden episodes where Shikamaru bet the piss out of some bad ass opponents. No, the reason why that didn&#39;t happen is because he&#39;s a weak fringe character.

The fact that Naruto is disliked by so many people because he is annoying at times while Shikamaru is both annoying and boring yet everybody seems to love him is just hypocritical.

I am not one to jump on the band wagon of the flavor of the month character. Gaara is my favorite and always will be. Naruto is a close second, just wait until everybody sees him do the rasengan I guarantee he will be far more popular.

sexy_no_jutsu
Mon, 12-29-2003, 01:30 PM
it always goes like this. in ep 62/63 we were all neji fans. when jiraiya appeared we all loved him. after ep 48 we all loved lee ect. and it will always be like this.

Legato 2057
Mon, 12-29-2003, 01:59 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sexy_no_jutsu @ Dec 29 2003, 09:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> it always goes like this. in ep 62/63 we were all neji fans. when jiraiya appeared we all loved him. after ep 48 we all loved lee ect. and it will always be like this. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Not really. While I respect Lee&#39;s determination, he definitely isn&#39;t my favorite character. Jiraiya is just great comic relief. Neiji is just filled with teenage angst against his family, not a very apepaling character trait IMO.

What makes Shikamaru so special compared to everyone else is that he really isn&#39;t all that special.

He&#39;s probably weaker than most of the other genins, but what he can do is take control of a situation, using only the basest of techniques. Being able to take control of a situation is the most important quality a leader can have, and he doesn&#39;t need insane power to do it either.

Another important aspect of being a leader is to know your strengths and weaknesses. Shikamaru could very well have one that fight with Temari. But in doing so, he would have had to fight even stronger opponents with next to no chakra.

During the Temari fight, he was clearly overpowered, but he was able to show another important character trait of leader: to stay calm.

Shikamaru&#39;s ability to control a situation, his knowledge of his own strength and weaknesses (and his teammates as shown before they chase after Sasuke) and his ability to stay calm in dire circumstances, all make him the ideal candidate for a chounin.

That&#39;s my .02&#036; on Shikamaru at least

Black Knight
Tue, 12-30-2003, 02:58 AM
there was nothing to like about him before we saw him fight. who the hell is going to be obsessed with a lazy ass guy like shikamaru without something to make us overlook that? theres no bandwagon. we just finally have a reason to like him.

samsonlonghair
Tue, 12-30-2003, 04:41 AM
One of the reasons I like him is because of his laziness. Shikamaru reminds me of myself; being smart, but cynical and too damn lazy to care. That&#39;s the reason he&#39;s my favorite character. Really, this show is so popular because of Kishimoto&#39;s character building. There are more fighting animes than I could count; this one stands apart for a reason.

Though I&#39;ve read far ahead into the manga, I never liked Neji, Itachi, Tsunade etc. as much as I liked (and still like) Shikamaru.

Eventually these so-called &quot;flavor of the month&quot; fans will move on to another character and the true fans will remain.

Insomniac
Tue, 12-30-2003, 04:47 AM
most people only like characters for how strong they are, or how cool there moves are, i for one like their personalities more

not_sponsored
Tue, 12-30-2003, 05:28 AM
We all love this anime way too much. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

ricefarmer
Tue, 12-30-2003, 05:50 AM
i think that shikamaru&#39;s hand position and deep thinking is the coolest thing in the whole wide world.. when i saw that i was hooked.. maybe his IQ shoots up another 50 points when he is in his thinkin position

Insomniac
Tue, 12-30-2003, 07:52 AM
err, Shikamaru is actually doing stuff now

hes leading the team and giving them moral, he was also a really good friend to Chouji and believed in him - how can you not like him?

soon hes gonna kick some more ass in the next chapter too

Jiraiy4
Tue, 12-30-2003, 11:14 AM
iunno why shikamaru is like a really BIG popular character. Although he&#39;s on my top5 list, only because he reminds me of me (not the part about him being a genius, im lazy as hell like him and find everything a hassle). If you guys saw dat ranking list on ch199, shikamaru was rank 4 (and Iruka is rank 5 wth ?&#33;? hes not even a big character and ppl love him dat much)..i juss cant believe how popular shikamaru is too. That character rank list was wack, Shino was like rank 25..dats bs.

skyro
Tue, 12-30-2003, 01:01 PM
This topic is as inane as saying people like Naruto because he is shown so much in the manga/anime. To &quot;like&quot; something one must have some basis for this liking. Some thought he was cool because of his attitude, some need to see him in action. I don&#39;t see the problem.

And I didn&#39;t think Itachi was all too hot either, nothing was revealed about him other than he is strong.

NarutoOtaku
Mon, 01-05-2004, 02:48 AM
You guys are right man. Most people who say they like a certain character just go with the flow because others like it. I mean... they change from one character to another just like that.

itachi_
Mon, 01-05-2004, 07:52 AM
Shikamaru dosen&#39;t have a chance against itachi uchiha in their current state... even if shikamaru comes up with a good strategy (that will take time, remember this fight with temari when he put his hands together to came up with a strategy, that took about 5 minutes), he&#39;ll be dead already, itachi&#39;s speed is beyond goodlike...

jing
Mon, 01-05-2004, 07:54 AM
itachi_: i answered that question in the &#39;Anbu vs Jounin&#39; thread like a few days ago, ur wasting my effort by asking it again&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif

Insomniac
Mon, 01-05-2004, 07:55 AM
what the hell are you talking about, i mean seriously

no one mentioned Shikamaru would go up against Itachi, and theres no reason for him to, geez

itachi_
Mon, 01-05-2004, 08:02 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Insomniac @ Jan 5 2004, 06:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> what the hell are you talking about, i mean seriously

no one mentioned Shikamaru would go up against Itachi, and theres no reason for him to, geez </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I just wrothe it because everybody is &quot;Shikamaru is the best, nobody can beat him&quot;

jing
Mon, 01-05-2004, 08:54 AM
lol, well that was out of no where, talking about uchihas. well i havent seen ppl say &quot;Shikamaru is the best, nobody can beat him&quot;, im sure they know he isnt a strong fighter, but a very good strategist... i like him for his lazy attitude, and how he doesnt use big moves to finish people, that i like for sure.

edit: hes a good escapist as well.

Insomniac
Mon, 01-05-2004, 09:02 AM
when people are saying Itachi is the best i dont burst out and say oh yeah what if Jiyaira and Tsunade ganged up him, and maybe the entire leaf

Shikamaru is just a chuunin, hes not at Itachis level at all, they were just saying he was the &#39;best&#39; character wise not strength

you need to stop thinking that strength is everything, if you only like characters for how strong they are then dont bother posting in threads like these http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

itachi_
Mon, 01-05-2004, 09:16 AM
It&#39;s true that you must be a jounin to become a ANBU-captain right?

Insomniac
Mon, 01-05-2004, 10:33 AM
whats that got to do with anything http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

itachi_
Mon, 01-05-2004, 10:36 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Insomniac @ Jan 5 2004, 09:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> whats that got to do with anything http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I just don&#39;t want to make a new topic that&#39;s all. Is it true?

Legato 2057
Mon, 01-05-2004, 11:45 AM
No one knows, and that question doesn&#39;t have anything to do with this topic, so you should have made a new thread.

Raven
Mon, 01-05-2004, 12:30 PM
In fact, he&#39;s already made a thread regarding this topic. It&#39;s called &#39;Anbu vs Jounin: who&#39;s stronger&#39; or something like that. It&#39;s on the first page of this forum as I make this post.

Please ask appropriate questions that apply to the topic of the thread. And if you&#39;ve already made a thread that concerns that question, please ask it there.

*SIGH*

aurora_skys
Tue, 01-06-2004, 05:34 AM
did anyone else notice shikamaru&#39;s music in 64? i thought it was awesome, totally suited him. i cant wait till i can download it http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif

NarutoOtaku
Tue, 01-06-2004, 11:55 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jing @ Jan 5 2004, 06:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> itachi_: i answered that question in the &#39;Anbu vs Jounin&#39; thread like a few days ago, ur wasting my effort by asking it again&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Personally, you dont have to answer his question if you dont want to. Why make a post if you&#39;re just gonna say that he wasted your time? You could just answer it.
Anyways, it is true that a Jounin must be the leader of an ANBU team because all the ANBU are Jounin levels. Dont you think it would be unusual for a Chuunin to be leading a team full of Jounins?

Raven
Tue, 01-06-2004, 12:24 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NarutoOtaku @ Jan 6 2004, 10:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Anyways, it is true that a Jounin must be the leader of an ANBU team because all the ANBU are Jounin levels. Dont you think it would be unusual for a Chuunin to be leading a team full of Jounins? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Not necessarily.... if the Chuunin is a good leader and strategist, he could be good at telling the much stronger Jounin what to do and how to act, even if he doesn&#39;t do that much in his own plan, he leaves the dirty work up to them.

It&#39;s like saying a tennis coach must be a better tennis player than the world-class player they&#39;re coaching. For example, you think Pete Sampras&#39; coach could beat him in a game? I doubt he could, but the coach knows the best ways to train, etc. and he tells him what to do in order to better himself, etc.

In the same way, a Chuunin could lead a team of Jounins if he&#39;s good enough. BTW I have no idea why I used tennis in my analogy. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif but I hope you get my point.

Legato 2057
Wed, 01-07-2004, 04:00 AM
Just like Naruto is the star of the show and is a gennin and Kakashi is a side character (sorry, but he really is) but is a Jounin. Same with Sampras and his coach.

Never thought I would be discussing tennis on this forum http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

itachi_
Wed, 01-07-2004, 10:28 AM
Just want to add that it&#39;s very rare with &quot;young&quot; jounin&#39;s... i remember only one that has became a jounin under age 15

Legato 2057
Wed, 01-07-2004, 01:00 PM
Have to disagree with you Raven. Just like a Genin will never be in charge of a Chunnin, a Chunnin will never be in charge of a Jounin. Besides, in you tennis analogy, the Coach would be the Jounin and Sampras would be the Chunnin. Even tho Sampras is obviously the Better player, in that little micro-cosm, the Coach is the one in charge, therefore he would be the Jounin.

Insomniac
Wed, 01-07-2004, 01:09 PM
genins are lead by chuunins and above
chuunins are lead by jounins and above, thats the way ranking works

think of it as an army

Raven
Wed, 01-07-2004, 01:19 PM
But Sampras is the powerful, famous one that everyone recognises, so he&#39;d be the Jounin, whereas the coach is someone less powerful, but more experienced and knowledgeable, therefore telling him what do do.