PDA

View Full Version : Christ Almighty!

hiroshi
Sun, 12-28-2003, 02:11 AM
Ahhh. All these extra repeated topics are starting to do my head in. I keep losing the topics i want to read cause they're getting shoved onto the next page.

Where's the admin/mod when you need him. =P

hiroshi
Sun, 12-28-2003, 02:14 AM
Ah. now i understand why. o_O;

Server Error Message:
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to localhost:25 in /home/gotwoot/public_html/forum/sources/lib/emailer.php on line 475

Mail Error&#33;

SMTP protocol failure&#33;
Host: localhost
Return Code:
Return Msg:
Invision Power Board Error: Could not open a socket to the SMTP server
Check your SMTP settings from the admin control panel</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

But i at least checked to make sure if my topic was posted or not, instead of just clicking back and post again ^^&#39;

littlecooldude
Sun, 12-28-2003, 02:31 AM
Ok you guys, I understand the forums is being a little weird. But keep in mind, if you get that error. The item HAS been posted. So don&#39;t repost it&#33; It&#39;s really stating to get annoying

Madox
Sun, 12-28-2003, 04:02 AM
The triple post thing was not on purpose, when ever i clicked &quot;post&quot; an error message appeared, therfore i tried re-sendning it a couple of times, but the error message kept comming up.

I gave up and to my suprise there were 3 messages.

Forgiveness Please&#33;

JessiA
Sun, 12-28-2003, 05:26 AM
I noticed its been happening to other people too.

Actually, I accidentally double posted once because I just got a &quot;Could not find this page&quot; b/c gotwoot timed out, and I clicked back and reposted. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif I&#39;ll do better next time I promise.

Xollence
Sun, 12-28-2003, 05:29 AM
Hmmm... how is that possible is the 60 second rule for posting is on.

JessiA
Sun, 12-28-2003, 05:58 AM
I&#39;ve never heard of that... uhm, would anyone mind if I moved this over to General Discussion?

hiroshi
Sun, 12-28-2003, 07:49 AM
Well you see. The 60 second rule has only been applied to people replying to a thread. It isn&#39;t applied to those making a thread. (or is it?)

Either that or because of the error caused inside the server, the server dosn&#39;t recognise that they actually posted and dosn&#39;t activate te 60 second restriction, even though the server let the post go through. o_o;

By all means move it if you want ^^
Besides, when you move something a reference is left behind right? So my post will still direct ppl in more or less the right location, and the only reason it&#39;s here was because that was where all the triple posting was mostly appearing at the time and....

*stops to breathe before he collapses*

everyone who made the mistake is totally forgiven by all i&#39;m sure. Mainly because nobody realised at the time ^^

Edit: Changed Breath to Breathe

joker-kun
Sun, 12-28-2003, 09:23 AM
I did it once and it very much annoyed me......but in the one i put a message and im pretty sure mod deleted it, so they are doing their job http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif